Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Fresh fruit vs. bacon and eggs? Bacon may not be good for you at all, but eggs are fantastic for you in moderation. Fruit, on the other hand, is possibly the most overrated thing on Earth. Fruit is nothing but sugar with very limited vitamins and minerals. Fruits mostly break down into fat within the body. There is also no protein in fruit, so eating fruit for breakfast does nothing to satisfy you or stimulate brain function. Eggs, on the other hand, are full of protein, stimulate brain function, stimulate your muscles through a natural steroid (natural cholesterol) and they stay with you - they suppress your appetite for long periods of time and keep you satisfied.

Fruits aren't very good for you at all. If you're going to be so obsessed with eating "grown" foods, eat vegetables. They're much better for you than grown sugar. If you're so concerned with eating a good breakfast, eat a broccoli or asparagus omelette. You get a dark green vegetable and protein that stays with you. THAT is a good breakfast.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
bacon freakin rules

www.gandprecords.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I love to eat bacon and eggs for breafast. A little bit o' coffe, some ketchup for the eggs.. Your all set.

mmmmmm bacon and eggs.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Great now i have a weak mind because i like good food.

I think I can eat whatever I want since I work out two and three times a day on the weekend.

Bacon, eggs, grits with cheese, hash brown potatoes, toast, fried onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers on the side. coffee.

Enjoy your blueberries and granola.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
Bacon may not be good for you at all, but eggs are fantastic for you in moderation.

Turkey Bacon is great. Nothing wrong with it at all......and eggs in moderation??? No point in that! Either eat 'em, or don't. I suggest you do.

Fruit, on the other hand, is possibly the most overrated thing on Earth. Fruit is nothing but sugar with very limited vitamins and minerals.

Thats just a flat out lie. Limited vitamins and minerals???? Do you know what kind of sugar fruits contain? You really shouldn't come into these forums just spouting off your personal opinions as fact.

You can't possibly lump all fruit together into one category. It may be true that some fruits contain high amounts of sugar but there are just as many that are high in fiber, like grapefruit. Ever heard of antioxidants???? Well, in case you didn't know, antioxidants protect your body from free radicals that are produced by eating rancid or oxidized fats. There are numerous health benefits associated with eating fruits. Whole fruits, not fruit juice.

Potassium

Vitamin C

Dietary Fiber

Folic Acid

Fruits mostly break down into fat within the body.

That's just not true either. It really depends on the person eating the fruit. Firstly, depending on the type of sugar the fruit contains, it will either be quickly absorbed into the blood stream(sucrose) or it will be slowly digested in the live(fructose).

Sucrose rapidly increases blood sugar while fructose will not.

If you eat a fruit first thing in the morning, your body will store it in the liver as glycogen. This is mainly because glycogen is the fuel your body uses while sleeping. It has to replenish this glycogen storage for later use. If you eat fruit after intense physical activity, your body will burn it as fuel immediately.

If your body doesn't burn that sugar, it will release insulin to lower your blood sugar levels. Insulin will then store that sugar as fat(saturated fat) for later use as fuel. What you have to realize though, is that fruits are mainly comprised of fructose. Because fructose is digested in the liver it does not spike blood sugar levels and therefore, will not cause insulin to be released. No insulin, no initial storing of fat. That's just a basic understanding of how sugars translate into body fat.

There is also no protein in fruit, so eating fruit for breakfast does nothing to satisfy you or stimulate brain function.

It completely satisfies you. See above......Glycogen!

Fruits aren't very good for you at all.

Lies again!!!

If you're going to be so obsessed with eating "grown" foods, eat vegetables. They're much better for you than grown sugar.

So, using your logic, we can lump all vegetables together by saying that all vegetables are GREAT for you! Do you have any idea what corn does in your body?? How about a potato??? A potato is just a big blob of sugar!

Edit: Keep in mind that when I say fruits, I mean, whole fruits. Not canned.

Edit: for clarification

[edit on 11-8-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Bacon (along with the many other foods mentioned) smells terrific, tastes terrific, and I along with many others shall continue to consume it in whatever portion necessary, provided it continues to be appreciable to the senses.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

My breakfast consists of 1 cup of coffee (with full fat milk and 1 sugar), 1 or 2 Superking sized cigarettes, some fingernails (lol, threw that in for comedic effect) and maybe some fruit juice (made from concentrate).

My diet consists of mostly potato in the form of chips (british chips, not crisps
, my favourite meal is steak (fried in butter), chips (deep fat fried steak-cut chips). I exercise in the sense that I sometimes walk the 3/4 mile journey from work whilst smoking maybe 2 cigarettes during the entire journey. I may do this once or twice a week. I smoke too if you haven't read :p I also smoke something which is not tobacco but that shouldn't be hard to name seeing as how it has quite a large following worldwide (think RAS TAFARIAN)

The reason I don't eat "healthily" is that I don't need to. Think PLACEBO effect and you are pretty close. I don't know what happens but I am always fit and healthy, never catching any bugs and don't have any smoking related symptoms (not sure if that is worded correctly).

I think it has something to do with exposure to many different types of moulds, bacteria and germs (are bacteria and mould germs ?).

And I don't eat pork or bacon but I do have fried eggs with my steak
its delicious, you should give it a try !

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

i'm going to hazard a guess that you work in a nice cushy air conditioned office, sit on your ever expanding backside all day and generally don't do much that anyone could consider work or labor.

Now, for those who work for a living, you can actually do pretty good on bacon and eggs, and sausage and toast and sub sandwiches and so on throughout the day. You see, when you labor, you burn calories, and you need a good strong source of calories. Guess what, fruit and berries and rabbit food won't do it. You also need protein or trust me, after a day or two, you're going to be one hurtin' fool, and dragging butt like a cripple.

There were times while I was on break in college I counted that I was consuming easily 6000 calories a day. every day! now, I'm sure you'd have a heart attack and explode within a weekend. Guess what, I was losing on average 2-3lbs a week, but moving around concrete, lumber and iron will do that to a person. Every day, 16 hours a day, and after all the sausage, beef sandwiches, pizza and everything else, my cholesterol dropped! Yeah I was getting it checked back then because of a family trend for it. holy cow, what miracle did you do there coffin? Easy, I worked up a hellacious sweat, all day.

So, as far as your fancy pants little diet there, remember, that not all americans work in a place like you, or live your lifestyle, and actually have been living like this for longer than you can remember. Your cushy lifestyle is the new development.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911fnord
great post now whats the conspiracy against waffles

OMFG haha funny! i like that. but seriously. there are definitely some good and bad points to everything. but the OP takes it to an extreme that it shouldn't have to come to!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

Conclusions Children who drank the most milk gained more weight, but the added calories appeared responsible. Contrary to our hypotheses, dietary calcium and skim and 1% milk were associated with weight gain, but dairy fat was not. Drinking large amounts of milk may provide excess energy to some children.

It's important for people to realize that dietary fat does translate to fatty tissue, or heart disease for that matter. High Fat does not necessarily equal Fat People. You can bank on that.

I was rereading my posts and realized I made a little mistake. Just to clarify, it's important for people to realize that dietary fat does not translate to fatty tissue.

Sorry If I confused anyone.....'

-Dev

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
CHALLENGE:

I would like everyone who thinks eggs and bacon is the greatest breakfast combo ever invented to give eating fruits for breakfast a try. Try eating three to four pieces of fruit while drinking 100% fruit juice, iced tea, or a frozen fruit bar for a week (without consuming milk), then report back here with honest results, thoughts, and other feedback. This is to encourage you meat lovers to give vegetarianism a try--at least for one meal anyway

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Tried it mate, it was crap!

Tried being a veggie in my mis-spent youth.
I like meat.
Especially in a F.E.B.

I do like fruit sometimes.
But not all the time and not for breakfast, usually during the afternoon or at night before I go to bed, (unless i've just got in from the pub when it just has to be MEAT!)

Now, if I have 'the munchies' tis the only time i'll eat chocolate.

Anyway, speaking of the pub, that's where i'm off to now.
Damn, it's a hard life sometimes!

Edit to add:
I also predict a bad case of the trots for anyone who does take up the challenge!
Bit like myself tomorrow morning after 10 hours on John Smiths followed by a mad hot Ruby!

[edit on 22/8/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Tried it mate, it was crap!

Tried being a veggie in my mis-spent youth.
I like meat.
Especially in a F.E.B.

I do like fruit sometimes.
But not all the time and not for breakfast, usually during the afternoon or at night before I go to bed, (unless i've just got in from the pub when it just has to be MEAT!)

Now, if I have 'the munchies' tis the only time i'll eat chocolate.

Anyway, speaking of the pub, that's where i'm off to now.
Damn, it's a hard life sometimes!

Edit to add:
I also predict a bad case of the trots for anyone who does take up the challenge!
Bit like myself tomorrow morning after 10 hours on John Smiths followed by a mad hot Ruby!

[edit on 22/8/08 by Freeborn]

Sad, just sad. Did you try eating fruit for breakfast??? You didn't give a clear indication that you did. And I'm just wondering something. Why is everyone treating eating fruit for breakfast opposed to bacon and eggs as something so horrific that it is to be shunned??? It's not like I'm taking the plate out from under you or knocking the fork out of your hand. It's like I hit a nerve with you meat eaters. '
'

[edit on 8/22/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Eating fruit for breakfast is great, but not independently. What about fat and protein? If you've gone all night without any protein in your system, you'll still be catabolic, muscle burning. Eating protein jump starts anabolism, especially when eaten with sugar, (i.e., fruits).

Eating fat in the morning also helps burn fat throughout the day.

Anyway, why bring this back to the top? Here's why:

After reading a bit on Dr. Eades website, ProteinPower, I ran across another article that might be of some importance here.

www.proteinpower.com... -per-day-keeps-the-belly-fat-away/

Eggs anyone? I've been eating them every morning and now probably a little more, all thanks to this study......

The authors of this paper randomized 152 overweight subjects into four different study groups. The groups were to follow one of four plans. Subjects in one group (the egg group E) were instructed to eat an egg breakfast daily but to continue their regular, non-weight-loss diet otherwise. Subjects in the bagel group (B) were instructed to eat a bagel breakfast and make no other changes in their diet. The members of the third group (the egg diet ED group) were to eat an egg breakfast and follow a 1000 kcal reduced diet. Subjects in the last group (the BD group) got instruction on eating the bagel breakfast while reducing kcal by 1000. So, two groups ate bagels or eggs for breakfast and didn’t diet while two groups ate bagels or eggs and reduced their overall caloric intake by 1000 kcal from their diet before starting the study.

Here comes the best part........

But what about all the cholesterol? Well, as it turns out, the addition of two eggs per day didn’t raise cholesterol a bit. There were no significant changes in total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol or triglycerides between the ED and the BD groups. If you look at the trend (a dangerous thing to do because it isn’t relevent), you can see that all the small changes in lipids were in a direction one would expect on a lower-carb diet: a little lower cholestero, lower LDL, higher HDL, and lower triglycerides. But nothing of statistical significance. If there were more people on the study or it was longer, these differences may have reached statistical significance, but they hadn’t when this study ended. What the data do show, however, is that adding a couple of eggs per day doesn’t do squat to your cholesterol level.

Eat your eggs guys. Especially in the morning.

-Dev

[edit on 8-9-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join