It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by thrashee

Originally posted by mproject
im sick of this christ bashing, anyone of you ignorant slanderers wanna debate, im more than happy to answer!

Bring it, guy.
???

Didn't he say he'd be "more than happy to answer"?

If you want to debate him, ask a Q or put forth your point so he can "answer".

Ok, good point. I'll specifically address this line:

oprahs philosophies are robbing you of a relationship with God!

Now, my statement regarding this is: prove it.

I say this because I find statements such as these incredibly arrogant and dismissive towards another person's beliefs. It's absolutely absurd that someone like this is going to make claims about how a spiritual message outside of Christ is robbing me of a relationship with God.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by thrashee]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'll leave hi(m) to answer that. But I do agree with what you just said.

I don't care what the opinions of Oprah are, the same God that gave me free will gave it to her as well. She's just as free to believe the world was created by the Keebler elves if she wants to. Her personal beliefs shouldn't shake my beliefs if they have a firm foundation.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I say this because I find statements such as these incredibly arrogant and dismissive towards another person's beliefs. It's absolutely absurd that someone like this is going to make claims about how a spiritual message outside of Christ is robbing me of a relationship with God.

Totally agree.

How does one debate a belief anyway?

Christianity is a belief - period! No more - no less.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by MandM
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

So what... It needs to be redifined into something else forever, and it will over the years. People are tired of the retortical song & dance.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize there is no hard evidence he was ever born?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

How do you measure salvation in a screwed up world based on religious lies?? What is salvation mans anyway... sitting under a vaulted ceiling, stained glass and turning biblical pages with a "pedifle priest"??

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven? Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize Oprah is a southern born black woman who finally understands her ancestors prayed in backwoods churchs 24/7 and god never answered one prayer to get the KKK to put the noose or kerosene down? Maybe her billions have opened her eyes to the your religious pipe dream to control the masses?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

We are suppose to be in gods image... HUH??... and he made the whole shebang... RIGHT??... so what's wrong with this theory? Answer: If there's equality, then you would not have a superiority complex religious angle to come on ATS and claim your claims? The high and mighty religious fanatics always have to put someone down to make them high and mighty -- RIGHTY? WRONGY?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

I agree with her... How can the guy in the rain forrest relate to a Jewish man on a cross?? Moreover, why should the guy in the forrest relate to a concept so remote to his reality?? Oh... because you religious Bible pushers say so!?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

If a woman has a brainless one night stand with no intentions on bringing a life into this world, then... only to have the child suffer because the selfish mother was drunk, high, lust struck and horny. And then she drags the hapless sperm doner through court to pay for her unplanned bastard child... she should be pushed down a flight of steps.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

Is this where all the oil is going??

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Level X]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

You ever watched Sunday morning TV?

Ever tried to find - even one show telecasting - Wicca - New Age - Metaphysics - Theoism - Deism - etc?

I'd say them preachers on TV have enough hammers - - there's room for Oprah and her beliefs.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

There are a lot of religions out there that say they are the correct one. So I have always wondered what made the belief in Christ, the superrior one, or is it just a western thing.

Well riggs.....
The answer is......I don't know.
All these religious fanatics have been killing each other in the name of "god" for thousands of years. I find this extremely hilarious because they all preach that they are the bringers of peace!!!

I think religion is basically a crutch for all these poor little weak souls that HAVE to believe that all the fairy tales their parents believed in and their grandparents believed in, all for the sake of answering all the questions that were considered un-answerable.

Now, for all you Christians... can you tell me....

CAN GOD MAKE A ROCK SO BIG EVEN HE CAN'T MOVE IT?????

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Why don't you try paying attention?? I didn't say that Emperor Constantine created the books in the Bible. I know very well that those books were in circulation long before him. I simply stated that, before Constantine, there was no "universal denomination". Constantine wanted to unite Christendom so he formed the Council of Nicaea, then him and a bunch of Roman priests and Bishops decided which books went in and which stayed out.

And for hundreds of years afterwards the Roman Catholic Church used Christianity as a police state.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What Would Jesus Do?

My money is on that he wouldn't even follow his own religion if he saw what it has become over the centuries (assuming he was not invented by the church. If he wasn't, he would be pissed off at the church twisting his words and teachings around)

The actions of someone or persons is what matters not their intentions or what they say. If you love jesus so much you want to kill or convert people that don't share your faith(which has happened throughout history!) Then the whole religion is nullified.
Let's all LOVE in the the name of Adolf Hitler! Makes about as much sense.

christ can teach all the great stuff he wants but if his message is lost on his followers or their leaders, then he's just a symbol being used to control. I believe in actions and in truth. Not faith. Faith is for people that are afraid of finding out the truth.

There was only one Christian(If he ever existed) and he died on the cross.

In the words of our blessed Oprah...

"My Va JayJay is painin!" "Amen."

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by mproject

Don't be sick of Christ bashing people. Actually it is time for rejoicing my brother.

John 15:18-19 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

You can be assured you're on the right path whenever you endure slander or hatred for Jesus's sake.

Pray for your enemies, love them, and rejoice.

That's funny, what about me?? I have been hated and slandered against by Christians and others as well for just being philosophical...

Does that mean that Jesus chose me too?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

That's funny, what about me?? I have been hated and slandered against by Christians and others as well for just being philosophical...

Does that mean that Jesus chose me too?

No kidding. I was once in a discussion explaining some of the stuff Oprah is now presenting. Besides the bashing and "colorful words" - I was deemed an atheist because I don't believe Christ is "Son of God".

I really have no sympathy.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't see how any of this is important anyway. If the human race as a whole could just stop their bickering and learn infinite love and compassion, all of our problems would melt away. Then we would all stand around wondering why we cared about who was right and who was wrong so passionately, because in the end it doesn't matter anyway.

The Jesus in the Bible was the embodiment of the truest form of compassion and spiritual enlightenment.

what is compassion? Well if we took our example from Christ, because the Bible does tell us to be Christ-like, then we would know that compassion is self-sacrifice.

If Oprah feels that Christianity, or any religion for that matter, can be twisted and used to enslave humanity, then she is absolutely correct. Why does one's beliefs play the most important role in them getting to heaven or hell? Aren't all of us here to learn infinite love? Why does it matter which path we choose to attain the same compassion that Christ teaches? How many Christians can say that they have attained that same compassion?

How many Christians can say that they actually pray for their enemies? Instead of trying to slander them on a forum?

And when you pray for your enemies do you do it with spite? Do you pray that your enemy will "see the light" and come to the one true God as you have done? Or do you pray that your enemy will feel the pure compassion that Jesus was trying to teach us in the first place?

"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians, they are nothing like your Christ."
-Ghandi

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I personally disagree wit a lot of what Oprah said over the years, but I also dont believe that the bible or any other man made religious text to be anywhere close to knowing completely the full identity and purpose of God or to what our own purpose is.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oprah is a LESBIAN Oprah is the anti christ..Oprah needs to shut up and go away..she has a billion dollars...now just f*ck off and go spend it.
Will her vanity never cease?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oprah hasn't even started exposing the Church & its book.
There is so much you do not know.

All ye faithful know so little about your faith.
Until the time of the reformation the church of Rome was pantheistic and practiced phallic worship.
phallic worship and christianity
Those big beautiful cathedrals were decorated with lustful carvings, many of which are still there.
lustful carvings

And yet you say your book is of god?

Tell me exactly why the Song of Soloman is in your "holy" book.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by OhZone]

[edit on 5-8-2008 by OhZone]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

im sick of this christ bashing, anyone of you ignorant slanderers wanna debate, im more than happy to answer!

Bring it, guy.
???

Didn't he say he'd be "more than happy to answer"?

If you want to debate him, ask a Q or put forth your point so he can "answer".

Ok, good point. I'll specifically address this line:

oprahs philosophies are robbing you of a relationship with God!

Now, my statement regarding this is: prove it.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by thrashee]

you cant have a relationship with God, without jesus. because jesus is God

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

you cant have a relationship with God, without jesus. because jesus is God

Jesus is but one path to God, not the only. Even Christianity does not consider Jesus and God to be absolutely synonymous.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
anyone else reading this thread and just kinda shaking their head in disbelief I mean no disrespect to the OP and you got every right to believe what you do but its just oprah. Who really cares the most influence she really has is through her book club and honestly if she gets more people to read then thats a good thing (although her books are sometimes just hokey trashy novels) honestly I use to love making fun of oprah but now its almost like I am empowering her by even talking bout her.

and if oprah is the anti-christ then that means stedmon is her right arm I think we got it easy.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oprah, from what I can tell, seems to be searching.

"Search with ALL of your heart - not in the confines of your own dogma"
"Even in Sheol/Hell I am there", etc.

So perhaps she is more Christian than most Christians.

- Those hiding behind their fears... "fear not, etc"...people reading and not doing.

Again, each person has their own path to walk - its enough if we can just do our own without questioning where others are at.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The problem I have with Christians pointing the finger at Oprah Winfrey is the fact she is African American.

Why?

First the Christians had "slaves" who happen to be from Africa. These Christians pass laws to enable more slave freedom (if you want to call it that), and then the Christians decide to fight over who gets to give this freedom to the slaves from Africa (civil war).

Now you have a woman here worth billions of dollars. She is a African American, controls "Caucasian" viewpoints with her books, book clubs, TV shows...etc

The one time this African American woman reaches the billionaire status you have "Caucasian" women who happen to be Christian denying Oprah Winfrey.

I just can't help but see the wrong in damning Oprah Winfrey when you don't point the fingers at yourself. Didn't the bible say not to judge others unless you will be judged( something like that?).

I personally don't agree with Oprah. Not because she is black, but because she claims to be "African American" and yet her people still suffer. Then she turns it all around for the betterment of herself to feed off the naiveness of the viewers. She could be doing more with her money then giving people special packages under their seats.

The more money you have the more chances you have of helping people. But to declare yourself holier then though just because you happen to be Christian, African American, or Caucasian just doesn't cut it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join