It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wonder why they didn't include jesus being raped as part of the story. I don't believe in the whole shebang about christianity but i'm not bashing it either. seriously, you know the romans gang raped the poor man in front of his friends and family. then excecuted him in front of his own mother.

just thinking about the story makes me want to puke. what self respecting god would allow that to happen to himself? if god had any imagination he could've come up with thousands of better ways to erase the sin of mankind.

Let's do a comparison using the LCD method for alternativesto being tortured, raped, murdered, humiliated, and then made into a Hollywood film.

1. Have everyone say they're really really sorry.
2. Hold a pie eating contest, if you can eat more than jesus you win
eternal life.
3. Solve a rubix cube.
4. Make everyone suffer by watching Cathy Lee Griffon movies 24 hours
a day for a week or two.

anything would've been better than swinging from that damn cross. if this story is true god needs to be fired.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Allz I gotz to say is....

SWEET!!!!!!!!

GO OPERA, I mean OPRAH!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that the bible says that "God is light?" Yeah, that's right.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
I wonder why they didn't include jesus being raped as part of the story. I don't believe in the whole shebang about christianity but i'm not bashing it either. seriously, you know the romans gang raped the poor man in front of his friends and family. then excecuted him in front of his own mother.

Wait, where did you here that?

Can you give some sources?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
well if it makes you feel any better oprah herself is a religous figure look at her followers.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by elskato
well if it makes you feel any better oprah herself is a religous figure look at her followers.

LOL LOL LOL>...elskato...sad as it is you are quite correct here..she does in fact have many devout and zealous followers.

This is precisely the same tack I take in describing the religion of politics and for many years now...very devout and zealous followers.
Claims/implicitness/implications for improving things without risk or work...like magic...flashdancing people through life from cradle to grave...utopia/eden. Creating a heaven on earth. People believe this stuff devoutly and zealously...and hence predictably and controlably run to the voting booth every election and vote for political partys which are mostly mirror images of the same drivel. Talk about a religion.
And to take this line of reasoning further..the religion of politics finances our public educations...causing me to ask what religion they are teaching in public school??? Are they claiming one thing while secretly and privily doing another?? Think carefully on this.

Thanks,
Yup..Oprah wants to reach demigod status, but she is not the only one.
After all.....she is now moving into and over to another arena and religion called Politics. My prediction here is that politics is a bigger religious whoremaster than Oprah and will eat her up and spit her out when they have used her up....as the religion of politics has done to so many before her.

Orangetom

[edit on 8-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I never really much liked or had very much respect for Oprah....

until now!!

Thank's for the heads up

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Yeah you're going to have to clarify where in the bible it says he was raped.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Yay for Oprah!
Never thought I'd have a reason to like her, but wouldn't ya know it she turns out to have half a brain after all.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Please tell me that Oprah has succeeded in destroying christianity. LOL...Who in the blue hell cares about this archaic religion...I thought we had all become civilized people and moved out of the dark ages. You religious freaks and your one great God. For every bleeding jesus statue there is also an hindu God statue drinking milk from believers. So if both are signs from each's God then what the hell does that mean. There are different types of Gods out there. Kinda sounds like the gods of Zeus and his crew.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

I Never really cared much for Oprah until now.. Good for her, she seems to understand that worshipping a book of stories is a very stupid idea.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
reply to post by MandM

I Never really cared much for Oprah until now.. Good for her, she seems to understand that worshipping a book of stories is a very stupid idea.

LOL LOL LOL...Stumpy...this is very deep...extremely deep. Public education at work.

People have great difficulty with the concept that people worship before the television as a regular ritual with offerings off food and adulation. Even making gods out of the actors and programs.

Many even have difficulty expressing a idea or concept outside of a movie or television program they have watched...they live and think television/movie morals...experiences...they have few life experiences of thier own. Second hand lives.

Some with the ability to think outside the blocks and who know history...also know that this type of religious experience is not new but quite ancient. It is also often indicative of being on drugs. I know this because I have watched people who have been cut off the drug of television...they go into withdrawals. Drugs have often been used in different religions and religious ceremonys.

I dont worship at the altar of the Television or movie theaters.

Orangetom

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Riggs2099,

You’re going to hate this…but there are millions of us Christians out here…we are not going away…”even the gates of HELL will not prevail!”

What gives my man…you are all over the ATS spewing BS about Christianity, it is surprising that two of your quotes made it past the auditors of appropriateness…I don’t even want to repeat them…

No big deal though!

But what gives? Really…did you have an abusive relative? Who used faith a tool to harm? Why all the hostility?

Rage, anger is only harming you…from the inside out…it’s result is a premature grave 

Here’s the clincher!!

Jesus Christ is alive, and IN THE VERY ROOM YOU ARE IN RIGHT NOW…and He is reaching out to you…

As life kicks you in the rear some more…remember this post…and when that happens and you have no where to turn…these verses will provide the life you need…
Romans 3:23
Romans 6:23
Romans 8:1
Romans 10:9, 10
Romans 12:1,2
Ephesians 2:8, 9
Titus 3:5

OT is Prayin’ for you!!!!

NO FEAR! For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but one of power, love, and self-discipline. II Tim 1:7

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

OT, thank you for an awsome post. Any believer can see the Lord is truly
using you as a witness. If all Christians responded in love the way you
continue to do, what a better world this would be. Your post touched me deeply and brought me to tears. Even when we all don't agree, you have a way of really reaching out to everyone regardless of their beliefs. Yours
is the example we should all try to emulate.

OT, I appreciate and look forward to what you have to say. Thank you for bringing so much more to ATS.

In Christ,
Paxnatus

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Paxnatus!

Thank you so very much for the encouragement!

Follow the Lord's example...He was said to be a drunk and glutton...

Why?

Because His best friends were that...

JC would be a the local pub, ministering to the 'folks'

Not at the local church being religous!!!!!!!

Our job is to be light in darkness....think about that...can light do it's job in light?

No it most go where darkness is...to be effective...

Here are some other....I AM's

"I am the LIFE" JOHN 14:6 "He himself gives all men LIFE and breath" ACTS 17:25

"... I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" JOHN,10:10

I AM the Bread of Life

He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me
will never be thirsty. JOHN 6:35

I AM the Light of the World

Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life"
JOHN 8:12

I AM the Gate

Whoever enters through Me will be saved. He will come in and go out,
and find pasture." JOHN 10:9

I AM the Good Shepherd

The Good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep" JOHN 10:11

I AM the Resurrection and the Life

He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives
and believes in Me will never die" JOHN 11:25

I AM the Way and the Truth and the Life

No one comes to the Father except through Me" JOHN 14:6

I AM the Vine

You are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him,
he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing" JOHN 15:1,5

I AM JESUS

Whom you are persecuting..." ACTS 9:5

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning
and the End. REVELATION 22:13

I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the Bright Morning Star " REVELATION 22:16

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Olde Thinker,

The problem I have with Oprah and others of that genre...is that they are clearly not of the Salt of the Earth ..but of the sugar.

What they promote to me ..by the understanding given to me...is sugar....also darkness attempting to pass itself off as light. My understanding once again..is that these are both counterfits..for the purpose of making merchandize of people. Bartering and trading of peoples souls...to make merchandize.

On a practical level..I have enough problems and difficultys of my own...I dont want to be living second hand by being a vouyer... so to speak..living the through the problems of others.

They use.."Forming words" to keep us on thier string. Not much different from many of our politicans.

No thanks...I have a remote controller for the few times I choose to watch televisioin..I know how to turn the channel and or turn off the box.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well! (deep gasp)

Oprah!? Thee Oprah does not believe? Thats it, packing me bags and heading for the moon... We all must be doomed since this rock must have stopped spinning..apparently

sorry...couldn't help it.

I find it so funny when people value celebrity opinion so highly. I truly must be missing something.

To the OP:
now, I understand this is an impossible reality for you...but...what if...just what if she is right? Would the world stop spinning? Or would you have to reasses yourself as a human being?

Just a heads up (in case she is correct) you will still bleed the same blood as you do now. You will still be the excellent person that you are now and your heart will still pump blood to your brain as it does now.

so I say...either way...
good luck

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oprah as amuse-bouche or apres-Christ - omg that has me rolling!

I can't believe people get so bent out of shape when their specific idea of 'god' seems threatened. The very term 'Biblical Christianity' is, if not an oxymoron a dubious claim, since what is practiced today as Christianity has precious little to do with what the early Christians practiced.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When I first learned about Ophah's new religious beliefs, I was angry too.

I since have studied constantly on this subject. Ophah is 100 % correct. We do have a Supreme being God. But the Jesus story is not true. The bible has been re-written over 200 times by the very same people that are running this world. It's based on lie after lie. Just like the pope coming out with three new commandments this years. Another lie, he is not our God. None of them are

What total bull#. I was raised a Roman Catholic but not any longer. I was brought up to believe that Catholic was the only true religion. I never went along with that in my head. I couldn't hate people just because of their religion. So being a rebellious person, I broke away from the church.

That is what is wrong with this world today. We need to love each other as we are all brother & sisters. STOP living by the Illuminati's rules. Turn off the darkness and turn on the light.

Right now more than ever we need to join hands and stop the fighting and hating and love everyone.

peace & light
love to All

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join