It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Yes we know.
What's your point?
Don't like Eckhart Tolle do we?
And why is this important to you?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

well her quote of not clinging to that old rugged cross is true, as jesus rose from the grave and ascended

so the cross is just symbolic now, idol-esque if you will

God is omnipotent and his holy spirit resides in us, not agreeing that we are god, but we are of god

do you realize that there are alot of people who feel the same as oprah?

free will was given unto man by god himself and I think he did a good job of that after all he knows best right?

damning the homosexuals is a sin as god said love one another

do not judge lest ye be judged

meaning sin is sin, we are all sinners, only through jesus can we have salvation

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You heard it here first, folks. Oprah Winfrey...Antichrist

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oprah Winfrey is 'cool'!
However, 'O' might have turned her world into her own little 'O' religion.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm with Oprah on this one.

Anyone want to explain exactly why we need religion?
It is a control by fear system.

Suckers have bought into it and created a huge powerful, wealtlhy multinational corporation. It claims to be "god'" trustee for all the land in the world. That is why you can never own the land you live on. You can never have free and clear allodial title. You have a "fee" title, which means that you pay "rent" forever. The Pope has given the administrative duties over this land to Queen Eliz.II.

The Vatican rules the world.
The "faithful" unwittingly support this tyranny. It is time that they were awakened to the truth.
Know the truth and it will make you free. But first it will make you very angry.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...
You know....you have your own mind right? If what you are saying is true about Oprah.....so what.The fact that somebody has a different view should not effect you at all. The God that I believe in is strong enough to handle what Oprah of anyone says. The God that I believe in doesn't need me to defend Him/Her/It. Him/Her/It created the universe so mere words from a talk show host or anyone will do no harm.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thats right. Oprah is intent on promoting teachings which are peaceful, self-empowering, liberating.

Organized Religion on the other hand, has been responsible for more war, destruction and bloodshed you can even imagine.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Tricky63!

Now that was a SWEET comeback, my brother!!!!!

Bono, said it this way...."My God, ain't short of cash!"

IAM THAT IAM....has got his back on this ONE
Get it...?

OT

PS When you get a chance or have time sometime...take a peak at my 'Jesus is a liar' thread

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My god dosen't care about your god, he's too busy smoking dope...

This was from a 1980's spitting image song about religion btw.

I'm tired of fanatical (insert religion here). It's time people be individuals and start actually bloody looking at creation instead of herding around fear based control systems like a bunch of scared little sheep.

Here's a reality check for the OP: a very large portion of the world, and indeed even of your local congregation, does not take religion as seriously as you seem to do. And here is why: there is more evil in fanaticism and blind faith than there will ever be in an individual take on god.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
My god dosen't care about your god, he's too busy smoking dope...

This was from a 1980's spitting image song about religion btw.

I'm tired of fanatical (insert religion here). It's time people be individuals and start actually bloody looking at creation instead of herding around fear based control systems like a bunch of scared little sheep.

Here's a reality check for the OP: a very large portion of the world, and indeed even of your local congregation, does not take religion as seriously as you seem to do. And here is why: there is more evil in fanaticism and blind faith than there will ever be in an individual take on god.

Well said.
Guns don't kill people, religious concepts kill people.
Amen Z.

BCC: Judean Peoples Front

[edit on 8/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Zepherian, thx!

It’s about balance here…got to give some props to MandM (although I’m more of a mcHammer fan)

Christians do recognize evil in this world, and that it’s active, real and should not be ignored….that’s what evil wants btw…out of sight out of mind, so to speak.

Good theology is TRUTH-focused!!

The big O has done great things…the true Christians should partner with her in the good she does, pray for her, regarding her beliefs…but definitely NOT be intimidated by heresy…

IAM that IAM will show HIMSELF…to all..in due time…in due time!!

Worthy of debate folks!

OT

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The op sounds frightened and frantic,Relax and enjoy the ride the end is indeed nigh.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I reject Oprah and all her teachings.

I will burn all of my graven images of Dr. Phil.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

I agree on your view of dr Phil!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
You heard it here first, folks. Oprah Winfrey...Antichrist

Naah, Oprah is more like an apres-christ.
Kinda like a spiritual "amuse-bouche"

[edit on 8/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Thats right. Oprah is intent on promoting teachings which are peaceful, self-empowering, liberating.

Just like Scientology?

Get Oprah off TV already.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Y'know, God isn't like Tinkerbell. Just saying "I don't believe in God, or am in someway saying you can live your life aside from cripture!" idoesn't mean someone has be automatically start clapping their hands to revive him.
If belief is what keeps him going, then we have way to many fundies for him to have to be worried.
As for personal beliefs... well... people who swallow anything a celebrity of any kinds says kinda has it coming to them. not using their own mind to make descisions means they wouldn't have stuck to their path anyway. Generally, unless you can speak to the people dirsctly, you are better off keeping your nose to yourself. Most people here are aware of celebrity's affect on people. All you're doing is following the Christian stereotype.
I'm still waiting for "Jim Butcher or Terry Pratchett is the Devil!" threads. Much better writers than Rowling, no offense to the lady.
Makes people "think" of all things.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

First Obama now Oprah.
Is there's any African American person you do like? It will be a short list and make it easier for the rest of us to follow your hatred.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We are a bit off track here, right?

OK, I'll play...

Dr Tony Evans...

Bill Cosby...

Bishop T.D. Jakes...

Michael Steele...

Colin Powell...

Morgan Freeman, God bless him know...

[edit on 4-8-2008 by OldThinker]

top topics