It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation list of CGI, known hoaxes and disproved(videos and photos)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Excellent additions guys thanks for the help.

Originally posted by LordThumbs
way to bring believers and skeptics together toward the common goal! TRUTH

That is how it should be.. We should all be working together, because we are all seeking the same thing in the end.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This one from Turkey

This Russian one
uk.youtube.com...
Both so obvious fakes!

Great thread by the way!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Great thread, I love to see all these hoaxes in one place and hopefully it will keep the posting and reposting of hoaxes to a minimum. I have only been a subscribed member for a few hours but have been viewing the postings on this site for far longer. I have seen so many hoaxes and photos where people think they see something which isn’t there.

By the way Roswell was not faked. But it wasn’t aliens either. It has been proven to have been one of the military’s special secret projects test flights gone wrong. The bodies recovered were humans wearing flight suits. Since this was a secret project a cover up was immediately put in place with a slightly less important project i.e.: the weather balloon.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Belgian UFO filmed at Hoeillart (near Brussels). Several motion tracking error, worst at 00:24.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
great thread!
i loose a little bit of faith in the human species every time i see one of these hoaxes passed on as the real thing.
i mean, some are just cynical, just exposing the gullibility of some people, others i suppose are for the money, and even some for the fame, although i don't know what good could be had form the fame of a hoaxed video, maybe getting a job in a video production company or something..

what makes it worse is that the so called "debunkers" use all of these examples as "proof" for their allegations against the phenomena.

but as some of you have said, seeing is believing, and once one has had the opportunity to witness something really out of the ordinary what anyone says doesn't really matter anymore...

on another topic, we should all try to post the really significant evidence, as an experiment, and see how many people cry hoax, without taking the time to verify the claims...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
www.dailymotion.com...

^ fake and lame. Around 10-11 secs in the vid they did a sloppy job with keyframing the cgi ufo to the lampost that it bobbles around for a moment.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

what's funny about those vids is that they a;; came from the same guy who did the haiti ufo video.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet

what makes it worse is that the so called "debunkers" use all of these examples as "proof" for their allegations against the phenomena.

I don't think hoaxes give them all that much ammunition. People can and do fake alot of things including pregnancies it does not invalidate these things in any way.. it just means that people will do anything for attention.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

you are right about that, people will do anything for attention, but why oh why! do they pass some of these blatant hoaxes as "real"?
it gets confusing enough without them fools fooling around, but in the end, that is whats expected of said fools...

like the "famous" twin towers ufo, I've seen tv shows where they said that video was "real"...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ok, good list.

However it has left me somewhat disapointed. I do agree that some of these video's and postings are very lame and obviously fake. However a few have left tantalising question marks in my mind. That was until I read your thread and found that most of them are actually fakes.

What I would therefore like is a reliable list of video's that have not been de-bunked and are at the least very difficult to explain. If this list was backed up by a number of your more sceptical readership I would be far more likely to believe it.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
oh here's more.
the roswell alien autopsy

Let's not forget about the other Roswell alien autopsy which ended up in a video game:

That alien used to be for sale from the sharper image:

Unless they made the model to cover up the video. Uh oh, did I just open a new conspiracy theory?

Then again, an 8 second clip of this video which didn't show that it was in a game was recently removed from youtube for violating the terms and conditions. Why would a company be so anal about removing that 8 second video clip from an old video game, but allow the one posted here to stay?

Probably fake though, that's why I'm posting it here. The company has probably just not found this video yet. Some companies seem more leniant than others when allowing their stuff to be posted on youtube.

edit - Ok, I just came up with a new theory on why they didn't remove this video. Since they're makers of a paranormal game, they probably have an interest in the paranormal. Therefore, they're probably against hoaxes. They probably saw the 8 second clip which was zoomed in to crop out the game graphics as somebody using their video to hoax people. They probably want this one to stay up.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

This photo was debunked in this thread by a member named Farnswoth: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Original:

Filtered:

Outlined:

edit - forgot to add his source. It's in Spanish, but the pictures are a little bigger:
www.investigandomisterios.cl...

(If you're reading this after the images are no longer available, it's the blurry little alien in the park between two cops on horses. Turns out it's a dog.)

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Some very good examples of faked ufos. I feel the worst are the ones who claim it to be real, try and use it to their advantage and never come clean. One of my favorites was this one who for 3 or 4 days after posting. admitted openly it was cgi andshowed people how it was done.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
now i'm wondering if we can make a thread of the REAL ONES. that should be chaotic cool.

anyways, here's italy UFO that i don't remember being debunked or disproved yet.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

that has been identified as CGI. I will try to find the thread it has been discussed in previously when I can.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smason202

This one was made by a member of ATS and is not a hoax but CGI like the first video linked in the OP..

[edit on 4-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I keep seeing the Genesis capsule footage uploaded onto youtube and labeled as a UFO. (This one's actually labeled correctly, I just thought it looked like better quality than the ones that are mislabeled)

Here's some info on Genesis:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The triple video of an UFO in Drôme (France) 2007.
Several errors in motion tracking, but not obvious. One when there is no reference element in the sky (tree, building), and the UFO moves in a perfectly straight path, just before a cut. One when the UFO is seen between a house and a tree, and the cameraman moves sideways. There are several other threads about it, can't find them now.

A new hoax, the black triangle UFO over Paris, France (July 2008):

Well done motion tracking, but you can see the background is a photo, and there is no digital noise on the black triangle.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by beastamerica

that has been identified as CGI. I will try to find the thread it has been discussed in previously when I can.

It may have been claimed to be CGI, but i'm still waiting to see any proof

Some blur issues were found on a sixth/seventh generation versions of the footage, the video has NEVER been debunked in some conclusive way, and to analyze a bunch of misplaced pixels says all also about the "analyst": on the contrary, the original footage (which was already a 4th generation one) was analyzed in Boulder, Colorado, and the response was that in their opinions it was NOT CGI, and the consensus was that it was terrestrial in origin, most likely military.
The debunking of that video, would consists in some ANONYMOUS email sent to the TV channel which aired the footage for first: the email was sent from an university: no source files nor any other type of proofs were provided so the case falls still in the "unknown" basket unless someone can PROVE it as being CGI: i'm not claiming that is genuine, just stating that there are ZERO proofs that it's CGI: everyone, feel free to prove me wrong
Free_spirit knows this case very well, i hope he will add his two cents

The location of the sighting has been found by some researchers (DNA Magazine and i've also located it on Google Earth:

Since the anonymous claim to be the authors of the CGI and to want to come clean, how comes that the source files were never provided?
That said, who, where, when and how debunked the Aviano footage, may i ask?

[edit on 14/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Great thread, the hoaxers seem to enjoy themselfes very much looking at the sheer volume of hoaxes.

I don't know if the Dubai UFO's were already mentioned. I will check when I get home from work.

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
By the way Roswell was not faked. But it wasn’t aliens either. It has been proven to have been one of the military’s special secret projects test flights gone wrong.

Proven? I don't think so. Can you please point me to a link which contains this "proof"?

The bodies recovered were humans wearing flight suits. Since this was a secret project a cover up was immediately put in place with a slightly less important project i.e.: the weather balloon.

You actually believe the military's claim about the bodies? So the people who witnessed the bodies mistook dummies for aliens? I find that hard to believe. And furthermore, the weather balloon story was the second statement made not the first. The first said: RAAF captures flying saucer on ranch in Roswell region.

Roswell Newspaper Article

So they first claim a flying saucer crashed as a coverup for a secret project and then quickly change the story to the weather balloon story.

That does not make any sense in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join