It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jesus is a liar"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
good post OldThinker. i completely agree to you (however i dont agree with your point of view that you are imperfect and need gods intervention), and have to disagree with those who think that JC was telling truth. i completely disagree with those who think that christianity is truth. why? thats why. according to christianity we live only one time. so wtf is going on there with those kids? are they frauds and lunatics? 2 year olds? come on... I assume JC's intention was to prevent development of the world by scaring people. if we do live more than one live that means we must develop our souls. if we live here on earth it means we must develop our souls here. what religion does? it prepares us for death. and what after that? we got kick in the ass and command "get f--kin back!" and here we are born again with no improvement at all. so JC was complete lair. i agree with that he was a lunatic cause it seems that he believed what he is saying, too bad he had no clue how things work...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
ATS-ers!!!

Great job in responding...good luck in your search for truth!

JC has said (and is still saying) "Whom do you say that I am?"

Just a good guy - not logical

Liar - fairly logical

Lunatic - fairly logical

LORD - fairly logical - this is where I shake out!

Got to go to work!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

You read sanskrit? Man, I like respect you better by the day TrueLight!

IMO If Jesus did exist he was taken out of context. He was not a liar. Christians should learn a bit about Kabbalah (but definately not the crappy celeb-filled Christian-kabbalah type) cause Jesus was a Jewish Kabbalist. Don't you want to know what your Lord and Saviour knew? What he was taught? What he really taught others?

I always rejected the bible as a load of rubbish, New and Old Testament. Now I see it in a different way. And i see the misinterpretations, hidden meanings, symbolisms and teachings in a new light. Jesus was a sound dude alright. He was the son of God as I am the daughter of God.

The Christian Kabbalah

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I can tell that somewhere you have heard Dr. Gene Scott's teaching on Jesus Christ Supernatural or Super Nut....

At any rate, the argument that you just gave is an intelligent reason to believe that Jesus Christ is who he claimed to be....

This argument presents evidence that would stand up in a court of law....

I am a believer in Messiah....

And I didn't have to park my brain to come to the conclusion that He is God!

Later dude!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Faith is something one believes unconditionally. Logic is man thinking he understands what is beyond his understanding, Wisdom is a gift from God. Oldthinker you say you have logic, So did Spock he was a made up character on Star Trek. God Is not Logic nor is Jesus. I have been blessed with faith in God and I pray that God Blesses me with the wisdom to deal with the world and people that think the way you do.
Through out time Satan has used man to try to distort and/or destroy the words of the Bible. The old and the new testament alike, just as you are doing now. You have a way of turning the words of the Bible around just like a cult does to fit your agenda. So what is your agenda. So your cult is a "Follow me if you think Jesus is a liar". No Thanks I'll stay behind praying for your lost soul and all the others that satan has brought to you to lead to his side.
Just remember if you deny Jesus he will deny you before His Father who is in Heaven. Yes he did proclaim to be God many different times in the new testament he was also talked about in the old testament prior to ever have been born. That had to deal with when he would be born, who he would be born to, who he was, what he would do for the world and so on, so I don't understand What's wrong with him proclaiming to be God When the word of God proclaims him to be the Son of God what's the problem. Being the son makes you part of the Father. If you were to ask my Dad, Mom, wife kids and whoever else knows my family well they would tell you I am my Father in so many ways and I have a Son that is me in all the same characteristic expect for a few. So Jesus can do all that God can do except for a few things. Jesus has all characteristic of God, the Bible proclaims him to be God, once again go back to the old testament and read it lots of good info on Jesus. So my question to you is why is that so hard to comprehend. Wait I remember you are working with Logic(beam me up Scotty) Where I am dealing with Wisdom
Satan wants people to believe that Jesus didn't exist or even that God exists or that Jesus was a liar. Saying your a Christian does not at all make you a christian. I suggest you give up your Logic that Satan has provided to you and ask God for Faith and Wisdom in your journey to start your own religion. Yah all we need is another religion in this world. That's ok though because when you ask God for Faith and Wisdom, your new religion ideas will go out the window.Something else created by man and run by man but has not connection to God. I mean all religions. Have Faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ who died for my sin and everyone else's sin that calls upon him for forgiveness.
For those who say believing in God is for the weak minded. Please have you even read the Bible have you ever talked to God. Obviously you haven't because you wouldn't sound like such a dumbass. Only weak minded people believe in God yah your real intelligent

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I also think the stories in and out of the bible were misinterpreted. What a hate most about religion is that it separated the human race and made us weak for the elite. Religion has turned us into a group species of Christians, Catholics, Islam, Baptist, Mormon etc... Now all I see is groups. Religious groups, political groups, race groups, hate groups etc...
Jesus was an individual who was feared by all the religious groups and had to be killed. He wasn't a liar, just an individual. I stay away from groups, cults, and anything that takes my individuality away from me.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How many times are we going to have to read a post like this? We all know there is people that believe in god and people that don't. Why do all of you people have to post stupid threads about how god is real, or not real? I could understand if this was the first thread I saw like this, but it's at-least the tenth. Why don't you use the search and read all about how jesus,god, or even religion is not true?

I personally could care less if you do believe in god, or if you don't. I'm a Roman Catholic myself. I'm not going to post a thread titled "I know jesus is real!" Why is it that people have to post threads drilling it over and over that jesus is, in fact, NOT real? You can believe in jedi,klingon, hell go worship your shoes. I don't think anybody really cares because everyone has their own faith. The mindless banter could be used in so many more useful ways. I find arguing about religion to be like trying to nail jelly into a wall, IMPOSSIBLE.

For all you believers: No matter how much you post about jesus,allah,buddha, or whomever else. If the person doesn't believe it, they don't! I doubt they are doomed to eternal damnation and the world keeps spinning anyways. Don't make it your goal to let the world know jesus is super cool. Get over it.

For all you non believer: Seriously the threads virtually challenging the believers is getting really old. We all know you have the logical argument because faith cannot be proven. We all know it's hard for people to belive in divinty and some man in the sky. If the person believes, your aren't going to sway them! At all! Why do you want to anyways? Faith in anything is beautiful. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

"Through Jesus Christ all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made" (John 1:3). This includes all the stars, all the original animals and plants, and even the angels (Colossians 1:15-17).
I would say the scientists have shot that out of the water since those things were created millions of years before jesus right? Also i have read the bible and am confused ,GOD tells in the bible that we are to worship only him he is the only god and we are not to worship false idols.Yet there is chrisianity and christians seem to worship jesus more than god himself.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
These are my opinions...

There are a lot of Christians who recite 2nd hand interpretations and present them as truth. But the simple fact is..

Nowhere in the bible does Jesus say he is God.

Nowhere in the bible does the word trinity appear.

I think secret societies have distorted the bible & the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ. In fact I read a secret societal type actually said that the KJV was distorted to control the masses.

The real Jesus was the prince of peace, the embodiment of unconditional love. He had no desire to support this ruling people by fear. And that is why I love him.

The essene gospel of peace is a nice read.
www.thenazareneway.com...

So is the Gospel of the Holy 12:
www.thenazareneway.com...

And so is this: www.islam-guide.com...

If christians love Jesus they will surely enjoy reading about him in the above.

Thanks for the compliment Nammu, I've got a lot of books in sanskrit. I'm going to look into the Christian Kaballah you linked to , thanks.

Much love all. Take Care.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

No he claimed to be the SON of God... as you and I are the sons of God...

90% wrong. Jesus did say He was the Son of God, more appropriately the only "begotten" Son of God. But he also says He is God.

John 8:24 - "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."

John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"

John 10:30 - "I and the Father are one."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Rev. 1:17 - "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

The God of the Christians, Jews and the Muslim is the same God...

Really, I didn't know Jews and Muslims believe Jesus Christ is God. News to me.

Maybe Lucifer the "Light-Bringer" is a name for the "Morning Star" and the "Fallen Angels" have been getting a bad rap...
Jesus Christ is the morning star, satanic counterfeits call Lucifer the morning star.

" It is unfortunate that when the ancient Hebrew text was translated into Latin, the translator, St. Jerome, confused the Hebrew expression with the Latin expression of Lucifer, which in Latin means light bearer and was also the name for the planet Venus. This was simply a mistranslation, and I might add that it is far from the only mistranslation in the Bible.

When you recognize this as a mistranslation, you realize that there are no actual references to Lucifer in the entire Bible. The quote from Isaiah is literally the only use of the word Lucifer in the Bible. You therefore see that there is no actual connection between myself and Lucifer, nor is there a biblical connection between Lucifer and the planet Venus. "

www.askrealjesus.com...

Revelation 22:16 - ""I, Jesus, sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the root and offspring of David, the bright morning star."

I think there was a battle between two forces... and the 'good guys' lost and we are paying the price

So you actually believe the Creator, the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega, was "beaten" by one of his creations?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Umm, there are other threads to go to if you don't like this one
Who really cares if you don't care? This is a discussion board and it looks like alot of people are interested in the subject otherwise there would be no replies. Just like a television you can turn the channel.

The thing is what you said, nobody really knows the truth, it's all in faith and what you get out of the bible stories, people are searching for the truth no matter how many times the subject comes up. Jesus to me is not a liar, but what was he? That's why I'm in the thread to discuss him with other members. Turn the page, ignore threads that don't interest you.

[edit on 7/24/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just because a mere mortal has become a prophet, remember he is just a mortal, mortals are capable of sin, lies, etc.

Remember a prophet prophecies the future. My only question is how can a man be God as stated as Jesus has been stated in many Christianity.

God is divine, has power over the 7 heavens, hell and all that is between.

JC did not create mankind, he was a prophet!

God to this day is unknown to this living world, may you call him Allah, Yahweh, or Jehovah.

Remember that there is only one God, and God is watching us all the time!

I'm just curious if you don't believe in God, then I ask you who create this universe? How did you and I were give birth by a woman.

Who created Adam and Eve?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

LORD - fairly logical - this is where I shake out!

Right, but not just a Lord, but the Lord.
Jesus is the lord of lords, in that he is actually what all other lords before him only foreshadowed.
He is still Lord and will continue on into the infinite future, as Lord.
We, who believe in him, make up his kingdom and will continue on, through his power, along with him into the infinite future.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jesus suffered fear, humiliation, degradation, injustice, torture and an agonizing death because he believed that he was helping mankind.

His only message was “Love one another”

What’s the problem

If you expect more from Christianity you will be disappointed

There are two key points

1) Love each other

2) JC sacrificed his life to wash away the sins of the world. In that, by his death , anyone could ask for and be granted forgiveness in the eyes of god, no matter what… allegedly.

Heaven, Hell, Miracles, Divine intervention , who cares

Never mind the “am I being lied to “ or “ this seems kind of crazy”

If you personally were being crucified under the same circumstance wouldn’t you want people to believe in you and that you were doing a good and kind thing for their benefit. And it was because you loved them.

I am happy to say to Jesus on the Cross “ I believe you and I am with you, whoever you are. I trust that you are laying down your life for me. I am with you and I love you for doing it.”

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Fair question...here's a quick response...I would encourage you to read the gospels and the new testament, there's alot more there.

That's just the point, Oldthinker, a great many of us in here have read these books, and saw them for what they are...collected writings that do not fit in context, are based on many different myths and stories, have many names and places changed, date changed, and a whole lot of these ancient writings left out. I too was raised to believe Jesus is God, but came to know better after researching it out. Nobody knows for certain what Jesus said, and even which "Jesus" said it. If you are truly interested in finding out the truth, may I suggest you begin here?
jesusneverexisted.com... Of course, you must open you mind to other possibilities first. If you are hell bent on Bible truth, then don't bother. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a) Jesus never said the words 'I am God', that is in fact what others chose and choose to believe.

b) They have found Jesus's tomb. See the movies 'The Lost Tomb of Jesus'. Physical proof is there that Jesus was buried within the tomb. (and a lot of other interesting facts are in the movie). The fact that a story says something does not prove anything, so because the bible says (which it really doesn't) his body was missing doesn't mean it was). You must see the movie to understand this picture.

c) God, in the bible never says 'I am Jesus'.

d) The Dead Sea Scrolls contain even more facts that are not being revealed to the public and are being kept hidden from us. Meaning there is more to this story than we know.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

For all you believers: No matter how much you post about jesus....
....If the person doesn't believe it, they don't!

For all you non believer: Seriously the threads virtually challenging the believers is getting really old.

I agree with everything in you post.
But I think you leave something out.
Believers who have not been challenged in a way that forces them to be critical of some of their closest held beliefs.
I think it does every Christian good to look at the history of the trinity doctrine.
It was made Law, by the All-Powerful Religious Institution, in order to stop people from debating the subject of the nature of God, among themselves.
Right now, it is a requirement for people living in a time of religious freedom to take back our right to understand God to the best of our ability.
We do not have the excuse of religious oppression to not learn these thing on our own, and to just accept blindly the edicts that were forced onto Christians, way back in history.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wanna see something that will really blow your mind about religion watch the first half of Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist The Movie

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLight
I can read sanskrit

Fantastic...

Now all I need is a copy of those documents and you can look them over

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join