It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Exist, Says Former NASA Astronaut

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

True. But calling someone a lunatic because he says something without proof is a bit shallow in my opinion.

I never called any one a lunatic.

These people put their careers on the line by making these claims. You do know that do you? If you are in the military or with NASA you can get fired and even imprisoned for lying about these things. So why are all these people doing this? What does Dr. Michell and his fellow astronauts have to gain by this? They know they will get ridiculed by people like yourself.

I think Mitchell has been retired for some time now, little chance of him loosing his career. Whats in it for Mitchell?
Perhaps:
Attention.
Money, if he writes a book or gets paid to give interviews or lectures.
Media spotlight and the many benifits that come from that.

It could be that he is looking for none of the things I just mentioned and truly believes what he is saying. It's just sad that he has nothing but hearsay to back up his amazinng claims.

And no proof? Technically you are right.

Thanks. I wish the media would hold his feet to the fire and ask him the really tough questions like the names of those who gave him this info & the dates so their could be an honest investigation of his claims.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
The burden of proof is not on me when I assert that aliens do not exist. It is on you. If he claims they exist, I say "show me one". Your ridiculous false arguments are laughable at best.

There is no actual physical solid proof you could take to someone. There is nothing indisputable, nothing concrete. It's all just blurred photographs and optimistic "well, maybe!" people like you.

You obviously have problems reading, as I didn't claim the burden of proof is on you. I find it very rude that you claim someone has a falsified opinion of reality, without knowing wether this is actually the case.

And why are my arguments rediculous and false? You clearly fail to dispute and even adress them, so that's enough for me. And claiming that all there is are blurred photographs says enough about your willingness to consider another viewpoint then your own.

Have a good day sir.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
well once again everyone jumps up and exclaims "theres the proof we need right there"!...meanwhile its really just another anecdotal story told through 2nd and 3rd parties...hardly proof.........

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
It's just sad that he has nothing but hearsay to back up his amazinng claims.

Yes it is indeed sad, and I just read he is already backpedalling and claiming he was referring to the "UFO lore".

Thanks. I wish the media would hold his feet to the fire and ask him the really tough questions like the names of those who gave him this info & the dates so their could be an honest investigation of his claims.

I couldn't agree more. If he really got the information from someone in the know then naming the person could get the story verified or debunked. But I don't think that even if Mitchell named his source (if he had a source) that the source would confirm his story anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry about the DP and post quality... Very tired. 'Real' post below.

[edit on 25/7/08 by Duality]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hmmm! Well, I'm a skeptic till the end of course. I never can 'jump on board' something like this.

It's really, really, really got my interest though. I'll have to follow it up.

There are a few things that I find a little odd about it. Yes, he's an ex-astronaut, you don't get more qualified than that really when it comes to these things. I'm not debating that, in fact if it weren't for that I wouldn't of even read the story.

But that aside, he has some odd traits. He's into psychic stuff, ESP and healing and all the rest. I'm not sure what my own opinion on that sort of thing is yet, I continue to look into it but I've never found any 'proof' that it was real at all or reliable.

Also, why wait till he's 77? It seems like something you'd yell out after the mission, not years later! I guess this is a better social 'climate' to do it in, with the internet and easy dispersion of information and less government intervention but jeez... I don't know it's a long time to wait for such important information.

Those are my only gripes, oh and the fact that this is going on face value. Does he have any evidence? More importantly in my mind is how can we contact the extra-terrestrials and so forth? Surely if they're visiting regularly we can get their attention... Also, why can't we see them or anything if they're coming so regularly?

I don't know. I have a lot of questions about this. Very compelling though....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You know whats scary about this is that people are desperate for the truth
and the government knows this. By the time there is full disclosure
every one will be on the edge of thier seats ready to eat what ever
story is spit out by the powers that be, truth or not we are so desperate
for something, anything that we need to be careful. This is the same gov.
thats been lying to us for decades. should we believe when they say the aliens are friendly and are here to help? I think not!

don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you read

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
But that aside, he has some odd traits. He's into psychic stuff, ESP and healing and all the rest. I'm not sure what my own opinion on that sort of thing is yet, I continue to look into it but I've never found any 'proof' that it was real at all or reliable.

Hehe this is indeed a tricky subject. I'm a somewhat spiritual person myself so for me the above is not hard to believe. But that purely comes from my experiences with the paranormal in my life. If it wasn't for those experiences I would certainly have the same mindset as you.

Also, why wait till he's 77? It seems like something you'd yell out after the mission, not years later! I guess this is a better social 'climate' to do it in, with the internet and easy dispersion of information and less government intervention but jeez... I don't know it's a long time to wait for such important information.

This is not the first time Mitchell is making these sort of claims, only this time he is much more outspoken. Another reason for waiting this long could be that when he was still employed with NASA these kind of statements could get you fired or even imprisoned at worst. It's clearly not good for ones career. But this is all clearly speculation on my part.

Those are my only gripes, oh and the fact that this is going on face value. Does he have any evidence? More importantly in my mind is how can we contact the extra-terrestrials and so forth? Surely if they're visiting regularly we can get their attention... Also, why can't we see them or anything if they're coming so regularly?

No he doesn't and that's the whole problem sadly. You have to take his word for it or reject it alltogether. I find it remarkable that he's the 3rd astronaut who has claimed the same thing esentially. I really can't wrap my head around all these former high ranking military personel and NASA autronauts all making up these stories for personal gain, as some of the skeptical people claim. But of course I could be wrong.

Great post for someone who is skeptical about this. Kudos to you m8.

[edit on 25/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I know about double posts too sonic, it doesn't bother me to be honest, not yet any how and as i said in my post, i too, think it would be a good thing if everybody talked about it-to a point anyway, so i agree with you. My post wasn't made out of annoyance, i was just pointing out to ugie1028 the irony of his/her comment and i promise i wasn't having a go at him/her either. Just found it funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
6th man on the moon? Maybe in should have said 4th man on the moon? I just listened to the entire interview of Dr. Mitchell. At about 7:15 Dr. Mitchell starts by saying that Apollo 10 was the first mission that was only a test run. Apollo 12 was to see if they could land at a precise location, and that Apollo 13 was the third mission that failed. NO MENTION OF APOLLO 11. So if there was not an Apollo 11 mission then wouldn't that make him the 4th man to walk on the moon? What do you think

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

They look like balloons and behave like balloons. They are balloons.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah,

There are always going to be people coming out of the woodwork to claim that everyone with an amazing story is more insane than they are.

I think it is the other way around.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Jay Barbree right now on MSNBC talking about Mitchells words. Go now.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Basically said he "doesn't know why he's saying this now"... no conclusive evidence except they have seen UFO's...

Nothing new.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I myself am very interested in this. I a skeptic who recently have been somewhat converged mostly because of astronauts statements..they just keep coming out more and more every year ..

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes. I got all excited that it was on MSNBC, but alas there was nothing new said.
At least it got air time.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I, too, saw MSNBC's David Shuster's phone interview with NBC's Jay Barbree. According to NBC's bio. of Barbree, the network's space correspondent is the "only one person on the planet [who] has covered every manned launch out of Cape Canaveral" [as of Aug. 31, 2007, anyway...]. Point being, how likely would it be that NBC's space correspondent, who's likely been given unparalleled access to NASA, would buck the system by not discrediting Mitchell? You do the math...

Shuster and Barbree essentially painted a picture of Mitchell as a bit of a kook, with Barbree referencing Mitchell's past investigations into the paranormal, as well as, per Shuster's suggestion, that Mitchell may be suffering from some sort of dimentia.

I apologize for not having a transcript, but once it's available, my statements will be verified in terms of the spirit of MSNBC's handling of Mitchell and his statements about the existence of aliens/UFOs.

My media-savvy interpretation is that corporate America does not want to give this man [who walked on the moon!] anything less than a smirk and some coded ridicule.

Shameful, if the MSM is looking to report the facts. Sensible, if the bottom line is, well, the bottom line. I see the latter...every time I watch the 'news', actually.

Like an old friend from the Motor City liked to remind me:

"If it doesn't come out in the wash, it'll come out in the rinse."

OP: S & F...and a hearty thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I'm just waiting for the astronaut that will type up a notarized document, that will be released upon death, letting people know what the truth is. I want to see the truth! He sort of only says that other people said and told him, but he didn't say that he saw one himself.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The truth is that the Illuminati want to steer people away
from Tesla man made UFO craft by putting up Illuminati celebrities
to confuse the issue.

It is just a grandstand play to bolster up the creditability of their
neglected Tesla science.

Its electrical science and its simple and it works.
This same science was taught in 1950s classrooms.
The companies that use non Relativistic science want to keep it all for themselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join