It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Exist, Says Former NASA Astronaut

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

i already posted it like 30 mins ago...

Don't mean to p"*s on your chips mate , but as jpvsky pointed out, this story was posted, like, 2 days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I ain't slaggin you mate, just found it funny that's all. Start more threads, what the hell, let's get everyone talking about it.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by danogee]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is getting all over the media and its awesome! But to make sure its covered well, lets put some pressure on them.

I strongly encourage you to email the media and demand more coverage of this story. Lets show them that we the people are the ones to make change happen!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry King Live [email protected]

Fox News
Special report [email protected]
News Watch [email protected]
News Live [email protected]
America News Room [email protected]

CNN edition.cnn.com...

NBC News
Meet the Press www.msnbc.msn.com...
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Guardian News paper email [email protected]
Sydney Morning Herald email [email protected]
Observer [email protected]
Reuters [email protected]
BBC [email protected]
Al Jazeera english.aljazeera.net...
Washington Post [email protected]

EDIT:

Yes I am saying that now is the time for us to push for disclosure!!!

Send emails to the addresses above, demand more coverage and convince them that it WILL expose the coverup and it will lead to the biggest story of all humankind!!!

[edit on 7/24/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Story made the Channel 10 late news here in Australia last night. I was very surprised to see on mainstream TV! Of course, they had to throw in some dodgy pictures and clips. I think there was only one genuine bit of footage in the whole story.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by danogee

It is my understanding that topics with the same subject can be made on multiple boards. I had this happen to me once with one of my topics. I made a topic on one board, then somebody made a topic on a different board afterward and got more stars, flags, etc. I asked a moderator to close the topic down since my topic was made first, but since it was on a different board, it was allowed.

So trust me, I know what I'm talking about on this issue. Now if this topic was on 10 different boards, then yeah, I'm sure something would be done, but hey, this kind of thing needs all the coverage it can get.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So let's try a little deductive reasoning and assume for the sake of the proposition that UFOs are real and not of humane origin.
1. they obviously posses vastly superior technology which means if they meant to have us it would have occurred perhaps centuries ago beside what could our military do to stop them. the govt knows this and probably is resigned to it
2. assuming they have made contact with earth governments what would they have communicated? It couldn't have been threatening or we would have seen some evidence of an attempt to secure our world probably on a multi nation basis- didn't happen
3.if the evidence is to be believed more than one type of alien race is visiting why aren't they fighting over this rock?
4.it appears that NASA is well aware of their presence and doesn't appear to alarmed by the encounters they seem to be somewhat routine which means they don't expect hostility from the alien craft
5. if they have disabled our weapons over the years and hang out near our bases perhaps they're here to keep us from annialating ourselves
6. we know that humane are impressionable, malleable creatures, if it was finally announced that aliens exist and have visited think about what that would do to human belief systems. we have been worshiping a guy who lived 2000 years ago and had a excellent adventure that was chronicled and became a religion. What would happen to us if all that was called into question and washed away. aimless rudderless humans can cause themselves great harm. No good can come from absolute knowledge of the truth - I think that's what are leaders believe.
So if they're here- so what, we can't do anything about it and they seem to be at least benign and perhaps benefactors So lets all relax and wait to see what happens next. Blade runner

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Not everyone can be a high visibility researcher.

But the rest of us are in the workplace, and Mitchell's comments give weight to an issue that we no longer need to be afraid of to share with those we know.

Let's use this as an opportunity to encourage these ideals, rather than snide remarks such as 'I told you so' or 'You just now figuring this out?'

Let's use this as an opening to continue to gently and lovingly assist in bringing this truth to the rest of our Earth brothers and sisters and work with and be a part of the disclosure process that is unfolding.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Could not agree with you more c3hamby!

I just want to say that I actually did follow through and send an email to all of the addresses listed and I got to tell ya......It feels great to know that I have actually done something!

I can only hope that this thing blows through the roof, but I wont be surprised if it does not. I am happy that it went this far and it feels good to know that I did my part in taking some action in the push for disclosure.

This is the email that I sent:

Media Release: Astronaut Edgar Mitchell says "ET has made contact"

Former astronaut Edgar Mitchell has stated that extraterrestrial piloted UFO are real and extraterrestrial contact has been going on.

ovnis-usa.com...
au.youtube.com...
au.youtube.com...
au.youtube.com...

Key quotes

- Roswell really happened.
- "UFOs are real and we have been visited on this planet although it has been covered up by governments for quite a long time."
- Contact has been made and is ongoing.
- Not all UFOs are "theirs", some of them are ours.
- Asked whether he was afraid for talking about this: "I think those days are gone, that used to be a concern among the people on the inside, but I don't think they are knocking anybody off for that anymore or doing drastic things to them".

If you want to help break the greatest story in the history of mankind, please give the "Astronaut - Dr. Edgar Mitchell" story more coverage and exposure. The more coverage and exposure the story gets the more the people will become aware of the issue and the more people that are aware the better chance we have at exposing the cover up.

* The cover up is real!
* The thousands of cases are real!
* Hundreds of high ranking military personnel are willing to testify!
* Piles of official documents, radar data and other such evidence that will hold up in a court of law!

Official government acknowledgment will not happen!

Only WE THE PEOPLE can expose the cover up and tell others the real story!

[edit on 7/24/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by answerman

Saw the channel 10 report too and just felt like laughing. The newsreader having to read this seriously, like normal news, but she seemed much stiffer than usual and maybe even in shock-land. Or perhaps she was embarrassed as to how her friends my judge her. In the past such media-faces have always laughed and belittled anything related to UFOs and ETs as we all know.
Makes me feel so good as my family have always denied my reality since I was nine years old and told them I'd seen "flying saucers" ... never got as far as describing the occupants. My mother just kept repeating over and over that "there's no such thing ".. and later saying it was my imagination. I soon knew not to bring the subject up. Same in primary school when I mentioned it once. Some people become really aggressive whenever the majority perceived reality comes into question. This is a big wake-up call for humanity, but you have to wonder why it is being allowed to occur after so many years of cover-up.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Has anyone sent an email to NASA?

This appeared at the bottom of the Australian release:

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down. In
a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not
involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or
anywhere in the universe.

"Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on
this issue."

Click here to do this.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Respect for his accomplishments in no way means that anyone has to believe any outlandish claim he makes. Especially if he offers no proof.

True. But calling someone a lunatic because he says something without proof is a bit shallow in my opinion.

What about them? If there are so many, where is their proof? Non-existant! Face it, there will be no disclosure because there is nothing to disclose. Years ago people believed in fairies, trolls and leprechans....Aliens are the modern day equivelent.

I think you are wrong here. There is so much about this people, but it requires a little logical thinking. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you can't think logically.

These people put their careers on the line by making these claims. You do know that do you? If you are in the military or with NASA you can get fired and even imprisoned for lying about these things. So why are all these people doing this? What does Dr. Michell and his fellow astronauts have to gain by this? They know they will get ridiculed by people like yourself.

So no I'm sorry my friend but all these witnesses have everything to do with this subject and the validity om their claims about ET's.

Having an open mind doesn't means that you accept outlandish claims without proof.

Outlandish claims with no proof?

Maybe outlandish in your belief system but not so in other's. It is very natural that we are not alone in the universe. Thinking we are is just arrogant and narrowminded in my opinion.

And no proof? Technically you are right. But there are lot's of things that you take for granted that have not been proven. It's called a theory.

And there is lot's of evidence regarding ET's en UFO that support the theory. It's just not good enough for some people and for some people it will never be good enough. If you put all the evidence together and think about it with an open mind you will come to the conclusion that intelligent live outside or planet does indeed exist.

[edit on 25/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
"Belief system"? Err...claiming you met ET is outlandish no matter what your falisfied opinion of reality is.

If you are going to make extraordinary claims, you need extraordinary evidence.

The doubters would be instantly silenced if an alien came and made a public speech about who they are, where they are from and how diplomacy between our races would be a great thing.

As this hasn't happened, partly due to there being no solid evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life either way, then we can safely assume that if there is alien life out there, it isn't anywhere near us!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
"Belief system"? Err...claiming you met ET is outlandish no matter what your falisfied opinion of reality is.

Who claimed they met ET? Dr. Mitchell? I don't think he did so please stop making points that are not true. And falsified opinion of reality? I find it hilarious that you demand proof but yet you claim someone has a falsified opinion of reality with no proof to back it up.

Why? Because it's not true otherwise? I don't have a problem with people demanding proof. What I do have a problem with is people saying that he made up the story because he has no proof.

As this hasn't happened, partly due to there being no solid evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life either way, then we can safely assume that if there is alien life out there, it isn't anywhere near us!

Again why can we safely assume this? There are so many reports, testimonies, video, photo and artifacts available that I think we can safely assume something is happening in our skies and in deep space.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Is it just me or does this time nicely with the upcoming release of the new X Files movie. Can I smell PR stunt......

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreameruk
Is it just me or does this time nicely with the upcoming release of the new X Files movie. Can I smell PR stunt......

Maybe all these Science Fiction and ET movies of the last decades are made for some other reasons then only entertainment.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
True it could be a massive government conspiracy to condition us into excepting aliens so when it all comes out it not so must of a shock. But I'm more inclined to think that all the sci-fi movies were made for one reason and that was to make money for the people who made them.
And I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all about getting bums on seats at the cinema. And to coin the title of the new film, 'I want to believe' but I'm not there yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This is another step and with each person that comes forward more pressure will rest of those who are holding back. Eventually the truth will come out good or bad and we will all have to grow up and deal with it.

The Universe doesn't revolve around the Earth and we are not the top dogs on the food chain. Maybe then we can all come together and rid ourselves of corrupt governments and corporations that enslave half our planet.

No more Americans, Mexicans, Europeans, Arabs, Blacks, Jews, Japanese, Chinese, ect... We will all just be Earthlings.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Without going too much into details which are hard to believe for the general audience anyway, but I can confirm the existence of aliens (the greys). I have seen aliens or whatever you would like to label them.
My family knows and the only thing I can say is that their apperance is less" plastic-like and they differ in height.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

Who claimed they met ET? Dr. Mitchell? I don't think he did so please stop making points that are not true. And falsified opinion of reality? I find it hilarious that you demand proof but yet you claim someone has a falsified opinion of reality with no proof to back it up.

Why? Because it's not true otherwise? I don't have a problem with people demanding proof. What I do have a problem with is people saying that he made up the story because he has no proof.

Again why can we safely assume this? There are so many reports, testimonies, video, photo and artifacts available that I think we can safely assume something is happening in our skies and in deep space.

The burden of proof is not on me when I assert that aliens do not exist. It is on you. If he claims they exist, I say "show me one". Your ridiculous false arguments are laughable at best.

There is no actual physical solid proof you could take to someone. There is nothing indisputable, nothing concrete. It's all just blurred photographs and optimistic "well, maybe!" people like you.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Just looked on foxnews.com and they are now reporting the story too. Wow main stream media. Especially one that is supposed to be controlled by the governemnt

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just saw this guy on Fox. He sounds like someone who read about aliens at a website. No more knowledgeable about the topic than the rest of us here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join