It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Exist, Says Former NASA Astronaut

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's at least conceivable, though I don't believe it's the case, that Mitchell is a government (or pro-government) disinformant made to make the more "new agey kook" types look weak, impotent... However, assuming he's genuine, it appears he's protecting the privacy of his sources. Sadly, unless he's able to produce some kind of real evidence, the best chance he has at real believability and "mainstream" media attention is to out one of his contacts and spill some unprecedently juicy goodies; shedding as much real light as possible. Be specific, dammit, Edgar!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

.... if PEAK OIL is confirmed & informed illuminati players' are very aware of the economy CRA$H getting far far worse also, anticipating global breakouts of citizen crime & chaos that PEAK OIL will... no doubt create !!

I darn't blame current democratic support groups that relinquish and sponsor me - what do i do.. ? what strategy would i look for.. ?

Knowing history dictates that:

.... well thought out, *False flag operation(s) "offering distraction" - like 911 would be needed to control/capture reaction from the sheeple; & indeed, is what we are observing here.

Today visual technology ie: holographic(s) generate any number of mind blowing spectacles by elec'trickery'

ASTEROID or
ALIENS.

would such a catalyst disguise the ramifications of the relationship between PEAK OIL and....... think about it....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have a friend that has been trying for years to get her books published. She has alien friends and now tells me that she knows personally 17 species.

Her books are being blocked constantly now, her first publisher ran off with all the funds she gave her to start the process. I was fortunate to get her first book that was sent out and read the manuscript to the second book.

The best part of reading her book, was , A question would pop in my head about what I was reading and the answer was right there. It was the most amazing thing. You can go to her web site

www.laurenzimmerman.com You will not be disapointed

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

As long as no national authority steps forward with a disclosure...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

"Maybe all these Science Fiction and ET movies of the last decades are made for some other reasons then only entertainment. "

No it's based on people fascinations, much like your own...

You. Can. Not. Make. Anyone. Believe. Something. They. Cannot. See. Without. Proof.

unless we are talking about religion, and that's about as far fetched as Alien's travelling well even 2 light years would be fantastic...

THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL ONLY 2 LIGHT YEARS WOULD BE MILLIONS OF YEARS AHEAD OF US.

that would mean that "they" have learned the ability to "alter" the molecular density of matter... Because to go even near the speed of light, you would have to do, or your mass would increase infinitely, causing you to never be able to reach that speed...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Does this really change anything? I mean we've always wanted for someone of Dr. Mitchell's stature to come forth and tell the truth to the world, but now that it's happened has it really changed anything? The MSM in the US is surely turning a blind eye, and we know who governs them...

I've always said that all of this alien disclosure thing means nothing unless the earth and its inhabitants can somehow benefit from it. We have a lot of problems in this world, and I'm sure most of them can be helped if only these ETs that are supposedly in cooperation with our government would give us a hand.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mntruthseeker
I have a friend that has been trying for years to get her books published. She has alien friends and now tells me that she knows personally 17 species.

Her books are being blocked constantly now, her first publisher ran off with all the funds she gave her to start the process. I was fortunate to get her first book that was sent out and read the manuscript to the second book.

Why am I not surprised that someone who "knows personally 17 species" doesnt know that when you get a book published; you dont give the publisher money, they give you money?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Dude, your name elicits major nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember pre-cable TV. There was Shazam and Isis...

I haven't checked the site yet, but inexperience in financial dealings doesn't automatically denote lack of quality of narrative.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by Fastwalker81

"Maybe all these Science Fiction and ET movies of the last decades are made for some other reasons then only entertainment. "

You. Can. Not. Make. Anyone. Believe. Something. They. Cannot. See. Without. Proof.

unless we are talking about religion, and that's about as far fetched as Alien's travelling well even 2 light years would be fantastic...

THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL ONLY 2 LIGHT YEARS WOULD BE MILLIONS OF YEARS AHEAD OF US.

that would mean that "they" have learned the ability to "alter" the molecular density of matter... Because to go even near the speed of light, you would have to do, or your mass would increase infinitely, causing you to never be able to reach that speed...

Millions of years? try maybe 200 years if technology advances like it has done these past 100 years....
Plus the whole point is not needing to literally *travel* when we are talking about such large distances.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
It's at least conceivable, though I don't believe it's the case, that Mitchell is a government (or pro-government) disinformant made to make the more "new agey kook" types look weak, impotent...

I don't think so. According to Wikipedia, this has been one of his long-standing interests:

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth.[3] In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has found unproductive, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 per cent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets"[5] and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out".[6] In 2004 he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" inside the US Government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing US Presidents after John F. Kennedy.[7] He has said, that "We all know that UFOs are real, now the question is, where they come from".[8]

Mitchell has written several articles and essays[11], as well as two books: Psychic Exploration: A Challenge for Science (ISBN 0-399-11342-8) and The Way of the Explorer (ISBN 1-57270-019-X). In The Way of the Explorer, Mitchell proposed a dyadic model of reality.[12]

He is currently the Advisory Board Chairman of the Institute for Cooperation in Space, co-founded by Dr. Carol Rosin[13] and is a member of INREES.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

You could be right but then again you could be wrong. It's not the first time Hollywood is used for "conditioning" the public so I like to keep all possiblities open.

True but that's not my intention if you were talking about me. I just ask of people to keep an open mind, look at all the "evidence" and make up their mind. Not everything requires proof for it to be true.

This is where your logic is flawed in my opinion. You are looking at this with our own technology level in mind. If aliens do come here they could be so far ahead of us technology wise that our own primitive propulsion methods are not a standard to base your logic on.

I mean conventional travel as we know it is not going to get us anywhere like you said yourself. Have you ever considered the possibility that they can bend space and time? If you do, then speed of light travel is not even necessary.

Far fetched? Maybe not.

Einstein was right: space and time bend

This would open op all kinds of amazing possibilities and extra solar travel would become reality and not something impossible like it is considered at this time.

[edit on 26/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why would the government just let him tell everyone? I'm sure if the government was this strong they would just cover up the story.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What about Billy Meier and Dorothy Izatt and Alex Collier and many other contactees that have not only verbal proof but physical and visual proof as well? Wake up!! They are here and have been for eons.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... 6d927c7bb152d9988581

the above link is the fox news video reporting on it

I didn't believe this story until i saw Fox try soooo hard to mock it.

their entire approach ended up being so counter-productive

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth

Dude, your name elicits major nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember pre-cable TV. There was Shazam and Isis...

Actualyl Im a fan of the comics, the show was a bit before my time.

I haven't checked the site yet, but inexperience in financial dealings doesn't automatically denote lack of quality of narrative.

No but a complete lack of common sense does nothing to make her credible.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yes!!!!! at last someone telling the truth to the public!

aliens DO exsist if you have been abducted you would know!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The news has been at the top of the Druge Report for 2 days! Is "disclosure" in the offing? Drudge has been slightly fascinated by UFOs over the last few months.

Side note: posters, you are driving me nuts. Here's the rule for the use of apostrophes: If it is a plural, DO NOT use an apostrophe. If it is a contraction, use an apostrophe. If it belongs to something, USE an apostrophe. Example: There's the dog, playing in the yard. There are two dogs. The dog's collar is leather. If English is not your first language, you are excused. Signed, the grammar nazi.

Keep looking UP!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
***NOTE TO MODERTORS THIS IS NOT PLAGERISIM I JUST LOGGED INTO

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
firstly: i am a committed and well knowleged researcher like allot of you on the out side of the circle and yes ok i agree with the bible thing as i have seen and heard about the descriptions in it but im not a religious person, all these fact's that Dr Mitchell has disclosed i think allot of us researchers are already aware of but this is a stepping stone in the fight for clear evidence, the question is though: Is he a puppet? has he been sent by the government to do there dirty work? or has he just put a bounty on his head? i guess whether we here more from him or not will tell us if he is a puppet or a informant im sure you all can interpret what i mean,? if we do here more from him he could be a messenger but yet again the more NASA Denies these fact's the bigger the whole they dig them selves into, but also if we don't here from him this will prove he might be hiding from the GOV and NASA or something may happen to him? its a tricky situation, if he comes forth with more information then awsum we can all sit and read and listen in awe....

[edit on 28-7-2008 by juggaloco]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

It was the time to hide a lot of things about UFO but finally WHO REALLY knows has been started to speak up!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join