It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Exist, Says Former NASA Astronaut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Aliens Exist, Says Former NASA Astronaut

www.news.com.au

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens do exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head. Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it. "I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

[edit on 23-7-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Finally someone speaks out. I hope there is more to follow.....

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is absolutely huge news....found it myself on news.com.au

Wow

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Interesting that the MSM would pick this up. Why is this coming out of Australia and not the US I don't know. Great find, hopefully we can get more information from his story. I'd love to hear him elaborate further on the subject if he can.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am sure this astronaut will be on Larry King this time next week

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Big Thread started here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

.... awesome news I hope he goes on Larry King and gets world coverage for this

Even my brain washed friends have sat up and listened to this one!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If this is for real, and I hope it is, then I suspect it is part of a much larger disclosure program.

They will judge how the public react to it, and if it favours them, I think we can expect a bunch of other stuff to start coming out of the woodwork fast and furious!

Bring it on!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is just another piece of the UFO puzzle. UFO's have been witnessed by nearly every single manned space mission (if not all of them). Some of the braver astronauts have come forward with information like this and it is no wonder.. Especially seeing that NASA video footage is some of the more compelling evidence to support the existence of UFO's when they claim the contrary.

This last one is unrelated but the music is pretty trippy and the footage pwnz.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Larry King Live really needs to have this guy on the show. I'd like to see Bill Nye try to refute a man who actually walked on the moon.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
hold on to dear "reality, this is just the beginning!

but, I'm sure that even if the extraterrestials, extradimensionals, chrononauts and the like appeared on mainstream media, some people wouldn't believe it, even if they slapped their faces, even if they requested speaking with them on the phone, even if they came by their houses and asked to borrow some milk, some would cry FAKE, HOAX, CG...

heres hoping for the best, and the end of all lies...

When the angel of death comes knocking, more and more will speak, fearful, remorseful or just plain fed up of the crap they've been feeding the masses.. who knows...

great news indeed!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
hold on to dear "reality, this is just the beginning!

but, I'm sure that even if the extraterrestials, extradimensionals, chrononauts and the like appeared on mainstream media, some people wouldn't believe it, even if they slapped their faces, even if they requested speaking with them on the phone, even if they came by their houses and asked to borrow some milk, some would cry FAKE, HOAX, CG...

You are exactly right and the proof of this is the many astronauts who have already come forward with their accounts of UFO's in orbit during NASA missions. Then we also have many Russian cosmonauts who have also come forward. These people gain nothing by coming public and usually face endless ridicule by deciding to come forward and admit what they have seen and experienced.

And these are friggin astronauts! They are well-respected American citizens who were officers, pilots, and are military veterans. They have no reason to lie. In fact, if anyone's reports of UFO's are to be believed it is those of the astronauts! These are some of the most credible people in American society.

Not to mention, we have endless reports and well-documented cases involving commercial airline pilots, military pilots, police officers, etc..etc..etc.. and in some cases even photographic and/or video evidence to support their testimony..

This isn't just a phenomenon limited to drug-smoking hippies. This is an immense, wide-spread reality that, largely, continues to be ridiculed by Americans society as being reserved for the lunatics of society. That might apply in some cases but if people would actually open their eyes they would realize that this really is the reall deal.

I recently saw this too and thought I would share.. Riveting stuff..and the video footage is mind-boggling.. These are also extremely credible witnesses who were also military officers involved with nuclear weapons. These people have no reason to lie..

part 1:

part2 - www.youtube.com...
part3 - www.youtube.com...
part4 - www.youtube.com...

You gotta love the mooing cow graphic with the UFO.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is truely excellent news. What else will it take to wake up the non-believers?

Face the facts. If you won't believe an astronaut, you're not going to believe anybody, are you?

This is just the start of something much bigger...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

The only problem I have with this, is that surely by now, aliens would of contacted someone OTHER than government.

And how is the government covering it up?
Are they going round killing every single person that saw genuine stuff?

I dont think we have made actual communicative contact, face to face with another being.

Yes, we see their crafts, or 'probes' in the sky.. but thats as far as I think it goes.

In saying that, things are happening more frequently these days, be it we just have more camera's to film it or not.. seems more and more people are coming out of the woodwork claiming they are in fact out there... and close.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm sure uforeality will send Larry an e-mail asking for Edgar to appear on the show. He's can do it

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm sure uforeality will send Larry an e-mail asking for Edgar to appear on the show.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
you said it, if you aren't going to believe the testimony of an ASTRONAUT, then what??

i remember what happened when Neil Armstrong started speaking, he was immediately labeled as a sick drunk man, and has been living with that ever since.

and as NuclearPaul said, what else will it take to wake up the non-believers?

i believe all it takes is wanting to wake up...

regarding the government covering up the facts, well, we are lied to everyday, we are conditioned to believe what they tell us, we believe wars must be had to continue with commerce, we believe that oil will last forever, we believe that in order to progress millions must live in extreme poverty, we believe that a man made book contains the word of god, we believe that we have no choice...
they can cover up anything they want, because no one cares, and as you have said, they don't tremble at the possibility of killing to maintain their powers intact, we are led to believe that the government is some kind of white elephant when in fact it is something else...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I'm inclined to agree with you. The only thing that I can think of that makes me lean toward extraterrestrials contacting the government(s) of the world first is that the government(s) are the ones in charge of space exploration. So that would have been the first point of contact, assuming that the visitors had waited for Earthlings to make the leap into space.

But again, I think you're right. This is going to sound heavily influenced by me having watched plenty of science fiction, but I imagine that if a civilization has found a way to travel to Earth, they likely have visited other planets as well. We can only speculate on whether or not those planets could have been inhabited, but if they were, then the visitors we're talking about have probably learned that a society like ours, rife with conflict and war, would be one with which to be cautious. The main reason for that, in my mind, is that if our governments managed to obtain technology that was even remotely destructive, it would be the seed of a lot of problems. But if they were to make contact with all of the peoples of Earth somehow, perhaps that type of dangerous sharing of knowledge and technology could be avoided.

I really hope this guy is part of a larger outpouring of information, admission, and disclosure. Hell, even if UFOs are simply objects that are beyond our understanding but not created by aliens, it would be a wonderful thing for our governments to tell us.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The only problem I have with this, is that surely by now, aliens would of contacted someone OTHER than government.

They have!

How many more people need to be abducted and tell their stories before they are believed!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by The Revealer

And how is the government covering it up?
Are they going round killing every single person that saw genuine stuff?

Have you heard of the abduction phenomenon? Not every case involving alien abduction involves people with temporal lobe epilepsy or sleep paralysis. Some of these cases are simply inexplicable and then you have the implantation of strange objects which many many people have experienced..

The government is covering up what THEY know. Of coarse they can't cover up what everyone else experiences. That would be preposterous. But don't put it past the government. If you have ever heard of MIB's then you obviously know that they are encounters people don't forget.

But as far as secrecy and coverup..
NASA is the big one that comes to mind. Then you have, of coarse, the military which has personnel that swear people to secrecy when they report witnessing UFO's. Not to mention probject blue-book and the obvious refusal of the military in general to cooperate with any MUFON FOIA request and investigation into sightings and events involving UFO's. If you read the recent MUFON report on the Stephenville events and the radar data, you will see exactly what I'm talking about.. The lead scientist who was responsible for project blue book later even came forward (after blue book was released) saying that not all UFO's are so easily explainable and admitting that UFO's are real..

Look at the Stephenville UFO's..
First, the military lied about aircraft not being in the area on the night in question.. Then they admitted that military were there but were flying training sorties..(admitting a lie). But we know they lied about that as well becuase the military aircraft strayed so far off coarse (why??) into civilian airspace (illegally) and dangerously close to civilian aircraft. This is all apparent in the radar data. Military aircraft do not fly in patterns like this unless they are being ordered to fly off coarse vast distances like this. And this wasn't just one or two aircraft that did this. It was an AWACS and an entire formation of F-16's..

Then you have multiple witnesses who saw a kilometers long object flying at low altitude, high speed, and making absolutely no sound whatsoever.

There is actually a wealth of information that shows that the government is covering up information. Recently, the british government released files that had previously been classified information. This information all involves UFO sightings, witness accounts, etc..etc..etc.. If nothing else this is proof of concept that a government MUST, for the sake of national security, keep all information it can from the public. Therefore, it also (at least to a degree) proves that MIB's would be a great tool for reaching out to witnesses, threatening them, silencing them, and just generally doing everything they can to prevent them from telling the rest of the world about what they saw.

You have NASA astronauts continuing to come forward one by one admitting to having UFO experiences in orbit and/or elsewhere. We have recorded NASA transmissions of astronauts referring to these objects in orbit as "alien spacecraft" and "unidentified flying object". We have MANY MANY videos and photographs taken by NASA itself which is some of the most intriguing evidence of UFO phenomenon in orbit when NASA itself denies the existence of UFO's... Yet we have astronauts in space (and on the ground) calling them UFO's and alien spacecraft? We actually have NASA footage of unknown objects appearing and disappearing in ultraviolet cameras. etc..etc..etc..

There have been amazing encounters with unknown objects involving commercial aircraft which often results in pilots being grounded and or terminated by their employers for coming forward. When, in some cases, we have actual radar and radio transmissions which confirm their testimony. Yet the FAA is always quick to blame the weather?

And the fact that the CIA confiscates evidence of UFO's is proof that there MUST be some kind of cover-up taking place..

I could go all day here.. The point here is there is endless information which all points to the government witholding information, covering up what they know about UFO's (especially UFO's involving the military, nuclear weapons, etc..) and using federally-funded organisations to spread disinformation and deny having any knowledge of the UFO reality.

-ChriS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join