It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Exist, Says Former NASA Astronaut

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
but if they were, then the visitors we're talking about have probably learned that a society like ours, rife with conflict and war, would be one with which to be cautious. The main reason for that, in my mind, is that if our governments managed to obtain technology that was even remotely destructive, it would be the seed of a lot of problems.

Yeah, it goes back to the idea of our technology being far ahead of our spiritual development. Really it's more like one has been sacrificed for the sake of the other in our modern history, so that we are reaching both new heights and new lows simultaneously.

I remember there was a thread recently where "undisturbed" tribes still in South American jungles had been photographed by helicopters for the first time, and a lot of people were posting both here and on the linked website saying they wished we would all just leave them the hell alone! The people suggesting that were wiser, over those wanting to "civilize" them, and similarly if ETs ever forced a realization upon us that they DO exist and HAVE been around us, a significant fraction of the Earth's population would probably instantly go loopy from the shock of it. It isn't a transition of view that everyone is prepared to make.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Wow amazing testimony by Dr. Mitchell.

Are we finally being brought into the loop? I hope this will snowball en blow the lit of the huge coverup that is going on for so long.

And I
at the comments from NASA. They are again making themselfes look like fools. I sincerely hope they will pay the price for their constant lies and disinformation they have spread for decades.

We have a right to know the truth!

Great find by the OP, starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I believe him even though he isn't providing physical prove.

1. He is well educated
2. Highly respected
3. He is famous already

So why would he make false claims?
What does he stand to gain?
For NASA to discredit him? Which they did do tactfully.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

We need more Astronauts to come out and talk about:
1. Barbara (Bar·ba·ra –noun a female given name: from a Greek word meaning “foreign, exotic.”
2. The "structures" on the Moon

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

The issue is that ignorant people around the world with the closed mind mentality won't allow something like this to enter their reality. It can't be real for us until it's real for enough people. We need more believers.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Perhaps the Van Allen Radiation belt has damaged the gullibility control center in his brain.
He has offered no proof.
Simply stating that he was briefed on the matter is nothing to hang your hat on. Just more wishful thinking, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
yah i call it bollocks,no proof.....need i say anymore....anyone can say there are aliens....not one person has ever offered any proof....Take the hint...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Perhaps the Van Allen Radiation belt has damaged the gullibility control center in his brain.
He has offered no proof.
Simply stating that he was briefed on the matter is nothing to hang your hat on. Just more wishful thinking, in my opinion.

Maybe you should show more respect for the 6th man that walked on the moon. Dr. Mitchell is not just some lunatic as you are trying to portrait him. Because he has no proof his story is not true and he is nuts?

What about all those other military witnesses and astronauts, all lunatics of course.

But by all means keep a closed mind. The truth will be even more shattering for you when it comes out.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This story was featured on the front cover of today's Sun newspaper.

In my own personal opinion, I think the various governments of the world (including that of the U.S. and other major powers) probably don't know much more about this bizarre phenomena than we the general public do. I suspect they keep schtum about this fact because admitting it would put them (the PTB) in a vulnerable position; after all, if they can't protect us from outside threats, then who on earth can? (Pun intended). At least, that's how they would see it anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

Originally posted by Sparky63
He has offered no proof.

Maybe you should show more respect for the 6th man that walked on the moon. Dr. Mitchell is not just some lunatic as you are trying to portrait him. Because he has no proof his story is not true and he is nuts?

What about all those other military witnesses and astronauts, all lunatics of course.

But by all means keep a closed mind. The truth will be even more shattering for you when it comes out.

people should respect him for being a man that walked on the moon...correct...ish....but that says nothing of outrageous claims with no proof as to the existance of aliens, mitchell and a bum crack head on the sidewalk proclaiming aliens exist are about on par as far as im concerned....

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
people should respect him for being a man that walked on the moon...correct...ish....but that says nothing of outrageous claims with no proof as to the existance of aliens, mitchell and a bum crack head on the sidewalk proclaiming aliens exist are about on par as far as im concerned....

But like I said what about the other astronauts? He is the 3rd one coming out with this kind of information if I remember correctly. Additionally there are hundreds and hundreds of highly respected military witnesses who claim the same thing.

That alone should raise alot of questions no?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Lack of gravity really messes with one's sanity

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil

But like I said what about the other astronauts? He is the 3rd one coming out with this kind of information if I remember correctly. Additionally there are hundreds and hundreds of highly respected military witnesses who claim the same thing.

That alone should raise alot of questions no?

Correct it raises question,but it raises as much questions as anyone else saying aliens exist without any proof...ie none....its a pointless thing to say if you have nothing to back it up except *but i walked on the moon,that means im telling the truth!* Again its pointless and adds nothing to the alien scene...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Respect for his accomplishments in no way means that anyone has to believe any outlandish claim he makes. Especially if he offers no proof.

What about them? If there are so many, where is their proof? Non-existant! Face it, there will be no disclosure because there is nothing to disclose. Years ago people believed in fairies, trolls and leprechans....Aliens are the modern day equivelent.

Having an open mind doesn't means that you accept outlandish claims without proof.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Sparky63]

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

What is proof to you? Apparently video tape in the highest court in the U.S. is proof enough of a crime.Why would thousand upon thousands of hours of video tape evidence from everyday citizens,military personnel,to NASA's own cameras be not considered evidence to you?

Is this not evidence?

Or is it physical evidence you require?

Wat kind of evidence do you require.....an alien to walk up to you and say hey.....I'm here standing in front of you....hello!.....hello!....is anyone home?

This is an astronaut's admission to the existence of aliens. I believe he would be considered highly credible.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ufo's and aliens are completely different for a start...evidence of ufo's is not evidence of aliens...its evidence of an Unidentified Flying Object...nowhere do i see aliens.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As so few people have actually encountered an alien, perhaps the 'would be debunkers' could explain who is piloting the hundreds of thousands of craft regularly seen in our skies.
As an aircraft 'spotter' of many decades, I have seen numerous aerial craft that simply do not originate from Earth, including the little 'Lunar Spheres'. So who are the individuals flying these if not aliens?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You can listen to the interview with Dr. Mitchell and the phone call to NASA at the following link:

Listen here

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
hi all , im french and i'd like to know who is this " Larry King " you all talk about . he seems to talk a lot about aliens and ufos , in france we have nothing like that and in my country if you only say the word " OVNI " (UFO IN FRENCH ) , you're seen as a weird person ... I read somewhere on ATS that Larry King Show purpose was to prepare people for a disclosure about aliens , but this disclosure should be planetary then , so i don't think there will be a disclosure soon , or we would notice such a " preparation " on televisions of practically all the world . i hope my english isn't too bad to be understood . regards .

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I do give guys like this more attention with announcements like this. BUT...

I have to say, the only way I will totally believe anything like this is for them to just land in the middle of an area with millions to witness. I would think the visitors are smart enough to find a suitable location, far enough from military and highly accessible to all others kind of deal.

If they are in cahoots with the government, then Im not real sure we should trust them anyways....

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
First Buzz and now Edgar. I especially liked the part of 'if they were hostile, we'd be gone by now'. In reference to there advanced tech.

So much for Occums razor.

I wonder how much the ISS gets visited?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join