It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who made eating pork and swine flesh lawful for Christians?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
oopsie

[edit on 25-7-2008 by resistor]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

You missed something there, runetang. To be clean according to Mosaic law, the animal must remunerate, or chew the cud, and be cloven hoofed.

Originally posted by Astyanax
Scripture means nothing to me, so there's no point quoting it to substantiate anything you say in rebuttal of my points.

So you're going to quote scripture to make your point, but won't accept scripture as a retort? My, you are a hard case, to the point of abandoning reason.

But you certainly are focused.
BTW, calling people names like 'Mary' doesn't really help your argument, in fact it makes you seem like a pompous jerk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, it just seems like common sense that you would want to limit your intake of the flesh of animals that eat feces and generally anything else that they can get, like swine, shellfish, catfish, etc.

edit tide

[edit on 25-7-2008 by resistor]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A true Christian! No way! You are a very confused Jew.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Deuteronomy is a book of wisdom as well as laws...

If the animal has a cloven hoof, it is designed for digging. Means it eats roots, and all kinds of opportune things, including roots discovered because a sick animal softened the soil with his salad shots, and now that animal is also infected.

Assume that meat cooked over a spit had well done as well as raw meat parts, and the the animal, say a pig, has Trichinella worms. You eat the raw meat and you too get trichinosis.

Words to the wise... just plain don't eat animals with a split hoof to avoid getting "dirty" food.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

sos37,

It's the Scriptures that first labeled swines unclean, not to be eaten and its carcass not to be touched.

The New Testament verses you keep quoting revoking these laws contradict Jesus' testimony that he did not come to break the law but to fulfill them. how did he fulfill the law? if he made new law making the swine lawful to eat?

The Children of Israel follows the Law of Moses even in the time of Jesus as did Jesus and his disciples. They pray according to the Laws of God given to Moses, they fast according to the Law received by Moses. The deification of Jesus happened only after the death of Jesus' original disciples. The New Testament that we have now is not the pure teachings of Jesus, if you will study the Bible carefully, you will find it full of contradictions and misinterpretations which it shouldn't have been if it had not been tampered by the Church to establish Jesus as God and son of God.

The fact that swines are still prohibited in the Holy Qur'an, the Final Testament sent by God to mankind is proof that Jesus did not make it lawful to eat at anytime during his prophetic ministry, and that lies has been attributed to Jesus, putting words in his mouth that he did not speak, making him a liar and a false prophet when it was the contaminators of his Gospel who are the liars and false prophets.

God revealed that He transformed Sabbath breakers and idol-worshipers to apes and swines.

Recent studies shows that pigs are biologically similar to humans;

Pigs are biologically similar to humans, and their meat is said to taste similar to human flesh. Pigs have been used for dissection in biology labs due to the similarity between their organs and human organs. People with insulin-dependent diabetes usually inject themselves with pig insulin.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What's so bad about eating pork unless you're a vegetarian? I would think eating human flesh was more unlawful than eating pig flesh

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In the end its completely irrelevant, as it has to do with taking things too literally that were written thousands of years ago. And it was actually Peter who was given the vision and hence gentiles were not given the harsher Jewish laws.

I can't remember where I read a thread that was incredibly hostile about pork eaters, and there were threats implied that included death threats for the future when nwo comes down and all the pork eaters who were be monitored, would die. That kind of thing. It was incredibly barbaric and ignorant to image other people thinking they could control other people so much that they would work themselves into a murderous rage over what people eat. I don't agree with eating whale blubber, but I do understand how northern climates formed traditional diets to survive harsh environments, and it certainly doesn't send me in a murderous rage against any Eskimo that still lives traditionally, though whales are possibly more intelligent than us and need to be protected.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Who said we shouldn't eat pork?

Some guy who's been dead a long time.

Irrelevant, much like alot of the other laws written thousands of years ago.

But if you don't want to eat it, that's cool...

More for me!

edit: my bad the question is who made it ok for Christians to eat pork.

Answer: Some guy with a vested interest in pork sales.

Seriously though people, any religion that wnats to mandate what you can eat and not eat is a religion with it's priorities out of whack.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Gigatronix]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

So you're going to quote scripture to make your point, but won't accept scripture as a retort? My, you are a hard case, to the point of abandoning reason.

Well spotted, resistor! It's called horses for courses, didn't you know?

More seriously, I was simply pointing out that runetang was in error when posting this:

runetang: There is no shephard or owner character in this story.

BTW, calling people names like 'Mary' doesn't really help your argument, in fact it makes you seem like a pompous jerk.

In Roman Catholic tradition, the Virgin Mary is known as the Queen of Angels. I merely guessed from the handle that Mary was the OP's real name, and risked using it. Since I haven't been corrected, I surmise that my guess was right. If the OP is offended by being called Mary, she (or he) has only to say so, and I will stop.

But you certainly are focused.

Yes, so it seems. You should try it some time.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
14Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'

17After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

20He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' 21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

star,

that's true, can you imagine eating human flesh? if God said that he turned idolatrous people and mockers of His revelations into swines and apes, and then forbade the eating of swine flesh. can you see God's wisdom in prohibiting man from eating swine flesh?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

resistor,

sad but true... guess this is the state of our world today. man gives more weight to the words of man ( Scientist, Doctors, Priest, Pastor etc) than to the pure words of God.

if God said " Don't eat pork." man said, " Why not? it's a clean animal, and good for the health."

the case of the pot questioning the potter.

the Creator knows whats good for His creatures, He made the good things lawful and the unclean unlawful, for our good. our real enemy is Satan, the great Corrupter, who made our first parents eat the forbidden fruit by lying convincingly, making them forget the words of God.

007.027 O children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you as he caused your (first) parents to go forth from the Garden and tore off from them their robe (of innocence) that he might manifest their shame to them. Lo! he seeth you, he and his tribe, from whence ye see him not. Lo! We have made the devils protecting friends for those who believe not.

007.026 O children of Adam! We have revealed unto you raiment to conceal your shame, and splendid vesture, but the raiment of restraint from evil, that is best. This is of the revelations of Allah, that they may remember.

007.035 O children of Adam! When messengers of your own come unto you who narrate unto you My revelations, then whosoever refraineth from evil and amendeth - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

007.172 And (remember) when thy Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their reins, their seed, and made them testify of themselves, (saying): Am I not your Lord ? They said: Yea, verily. We testify. (That was) lest ye should say at the Day of Resurrection: Lo! of this we were unaware;

When God created our souls, He made us testify that He is Our Lord. The reason why we have this innate belief in a Creator, it was said that God gave us a heart with a memory.

A verse in the Holy Qur'an dedicated to the Children of Israel says,

002.152 Therefore remember me, I will remember you. Give thanks to Me, and reject not Me.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

The answer to your question. You seem to conveniently overlook it.

14Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'

17After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

20He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' 21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

If Jesus himself implies that the consumption of pork is allowed, who does that make Jesus in light of your assertions of previous sanctions? The old law says an eye for an eye. But many Christians don't neccessarily follow this law today, are Christians therefore estrainged from God? Originally, God only gave man ONE prohibition, not to eat from the tree in the midst of the Garden, If I follow this law, do subsequent laws have any meaning?

And another question. Who are the muslims? Why do they say to the Children of Adam, YOUR parents and not OUR parents? Are muslims not the children of Adam also? If not, then who's children are you?

[edit on 26-7-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

A christian follows the teachings of Jesus Christ (the new testament)

The old testament (moses) has very little to do.

Old testament: Eye for an Eye
New Testament: Peace love and tranquility

If you're a "true" Christian - then you'd know that Jesus Christ left us soon after giving us a promise:

What you hold true on Earth, i'll see it held true in Heaven.

As society evolves, so does thought.

A sin is a Sin.

If you consider pig a bad meat, that is your opinion, so don't eat it.
But don't come throwing around your half-thought-out opinions on bible interpretation as concrete proof that the rest of us (who love bacon *drool*) are sinners who are going to hell.

Who made eating pork and swine flesh lawful for Christians?

We did. and Jesus Christ supports our decision.

Its in the bible.

Read it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I love being a satanist. I have no idiotic restrictions imposed on my diet from archaic religious texts.

Grow up and think for yourselves. It will make you a better person.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Entreri]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I eat pork and I am a true being that can think for myself instead of allowing my life to be lead by the ramblings of fairy tales.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

..Yeah. :shk:

Here's the problem. On a religious scale - if you believe in Lucifer, you believe in God.

If you "worship" Satan, you are bound to spend eternity in your own little nook of Hell.

Yeah have fun w/ that. I'd rather deal with 70 or so years of endless religious debate about who can and can't eat Bacon, and work towards my place in heaven, and hopefully spend eternity there.

Just my 2 cents though

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm atheist myself so the whole DON'T EAT PORK thing doesn't apply to me nor does your Gods laws in any way.If you wish to not eat pork because you believe it's wrong because some old book says so? Then thats perfectly fine.Thats 100% your right to do so.

Just glad Christianity can not out right and tell me I can't eat pork.So I say you live as you wish and I shall do the same. Free will is a beautiful thing isn't it?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Merkel

Merkel,

if you don't believe God created you, you're right this law doesn't apply to you.

and yes, what a great gift free will is. too sad the gift is appreciated but not the giver.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by queenofangels_17]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Andrew, I dont wanna turn this into a religious debate, but as a satanist I dont believe in the afterlife, so therefore the possible threat of eternal damnation is a moot point. Having said that, If I AM wrong, and I fall off the perch and find there is a God who will 'judge' my life, I make no excuses for what I've done.

All religions have their view on what 'sins' will condemn you to hell. The only problem is they're all referring to different sins

Queen of Angels, are you saying that 'God' gave us free will? Like we didn't have it beforehand, so it was a gift to us?

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Entreri]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join