It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falun Gong/Dafa: Your results?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've recently been looking into Falun Dafa. I'm familiar with energy, and so I've been practicing some of the exercises, just to see if/how they work. I've noticed definite energy circulation, and it seems to be helping my right shoulder out somehow. I'm not sure whether it is a psychosomatic response to information presented in Falu7n Gong, but I read Falun Gong all the way through and found that a lot of what was being said resonated with me because he alludes to many concepts that I am familiar with from my own musings/experiences... especially qi energy and dimensions.

Although I hear from some that it is more of a cult than anything, but I'm not incliuned to believe that because China has issued so much disinformation about it. Seems every source on the "cult" status of Falun Dafa is somehow related to the Chinese Gov't.

Anyway, I'd really just like to hear any personal stories anyone has had from Falun Gong/Dafa experiences.

I also have another question. It seems as though the man who brought Falun Dafa to the public insists that you have a "Master" install "energy mechanisms" or else the exercises won't work... but in the same breath, there are plenty of websites online that offer teaching supplements for free... and I'm wondering, do I really need to find a Master of Falun Dafa to do this? It doesn't seem like rocket science, and I'm honestly just wanting to experiment with it for now. I'm not looking to join a monastery or anything just yet

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh here's a link to a site on Falun Dafa, if you are unfamiliar with it. I think it's got pretty much everything you'd need to know there, so go and check it out. Then come back here and hit me up with your opinions. I'm mixed in my opinions, so feel free to speak whatever's on your mind.

Falun Dafa

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nobody knows what Falun Dafa is?

Oh the ANGUISH!!!!

Seriously, anyone? Anyone had any good or bad Falun Dafa experiences? Anyone been nrainwashed by it? Anyone been healed by it? Anyone been able to develop supernatural abilities from it?

Does this seem like a religion to you? Or just a spiritual path towards creating more positive energy in the body?

I ask of you... Please.... share.

Either way, it's kind of fun to fiddle around with, especially since I do sense energy being moved, as well as visually see it with my eyes closed. This is why it has intrigued me so much. I'd like to look more into yoga, too.... but ooooh man some of that stuff is painful!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Hi,

I've practiced since 1999 and love Falun Dafa. It was very popular in China, having grown from obscurity from 1992 until 1999 when 70 - 100 million people were practicing. The communist government purportedly felt threatened by its size and popularity (as wel as its revitalization of principles more akin to traditional Chinese culture). In 1999, and in a 'cultural-revolution' fashion, the communist government proclaimed Falun Dafa illegal and began state-wide persecution. First they said it was promoting superstition, then they called it a "cult," which is really unfounded for a number of reasons. Falun Dafa is very good, safe and positive. It's best if you can try all the exercises and read the book Zhuan Falun straight through (9 lectures), which basically serves as a course. Then you will be in a position to judge if it's for you. Falun Dafa is now very popular throughout the world, and the lectures are translated into a dozen or more languages.

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to discuss with you in the forum or individually. It's not really "top secret".

Btw, the persecution in China has been brutal and far more extensive than has been publicized, but the practitioners have come through it now.

Best regards

[edit on 21-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah I read about the persecution, and I can't help but think they would just leave it be if it wasn't something they were afraid of. Why would they be afraid of a bunch of "crazy" people being superstitious? Seems a bit extreme for something that supposedly is just a superstition.

This is what interested me so much about it. If the establishment is afraid of it and goes to such a length to make it's practitioners rue the day they ever heard of it, there must be some very powerful things at work here. It would indeed be a threat to the establishment if everybody could just maintain natural harmony with each other, wouldn't it? Who would need the establishment? I know this is possible. Nature seems to do quite well taking care of itself and evolving in a harmonious way. Why can't we?

It's very interesting that Falun Gong talks about a lot of the very same things that I have come to know as truths. This intrigues me to no end. I just finished reading Falun Gong, and I will definitely read Zhuan Falun in the next day or two.

I've practiced four of the exercises so far, and they seem to actually be doing something because my shoulder stops cracking and hurting afterwards, and I feel the warmness in the lower abdomen, and exercise two... I forget the name... the one with the wheel arm formations... I can feel energy jumping from one hand to the other, as well as see a circle of it when I shut my eyes. It's pretty interesting... and I'm not easily influenced. I'll try something, and if it seems like bunk, I'll move onto something else... but I have the fortunate ability to be able to monitor kind of what is actually happening with the energy, and it seems to do something...

I'm experimenting with it for now, but it definitely seems to have potential. Also, I've always had a fascination with "ancient Chinese secrets". I should have kept at Kung Fu, but I had a teacher who was all about flash. You could tell by the name of his center, called Rocky's Kung Fu Dojo. I didn't like the competition. I'm a lover, not a fighter... and there's not too many true martial arts schools around here, anyway.

EDIT:

Oh I forgot to ask... What about a Master? Can I do this on my own, or do I need a "Master" for this to be effective?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Yeah I read about the persecution, and I can't help but think they would just leave it be if it wasn't something they were afraid of. Why would they be afraid of a bunch of "crazy" people being superstitious? Seems a bit extreme for something that supposedly is just a superstition.

I don't think the majority of people in China's government ever thought that Falun Dafa was superstitious or negative. In fact, many people up to the very highest ranks in the communist party were practicing (some probably still do), and Falun Dafa was credited for saving the equivalent of tens of millions of dollars in public health costs. There were just a few people, namely the former leader Jiang Zemin, who quite frankly were corrupt and jealous of Falun Dafa's popularity, and they were the ones who became afraid of it. Once the communist propaganda ministry was employed, literally anything could be said about Falun Dafa.

This is what interested me so much about it. If the establishment is afraid of it and goes to such a length to make it's practitioners rue the day they ever heard of it, there must be some very powerful things at work here. It would indeed be a threat to the establishment if everybody could just maintain natural harmony with each other, wouldn't it? Who would need the establishment? I know this is possible. Nature seems to do quite well taking care of itself and evolving in a harmonious way. Why can't we?

The result has been that the more the communist party criticizes and persecutes Falun Dafa, the more people want to learn about it. That's just the reputation that the ccp has. Understandable.

It's very interesting that Falun Gong talks about a lot of the very same things that I have come to know as truths. This intrigues me to no end. I just finished reading Falun Gong, and I will definitely read Zhuan Falun in the next day or two.

I felt the same way. I had studied different schools of Buddhism and read the Tao Te Jing for many years. A lot of the topics were raised by other practices. It was just that Falun Dafa went into these subjects with a lot more depth and clarity. I was surprised at how outspoken it was, but immediately my body went through a cleansing process and I had some profound experiences. I've been very impressed with Falun Dafa and have practiced ever since.

I've practiced four of the exercises so far, and they seem to actually be doing something because my shoulder stops cracking and hurting afterwards, and I feel the warmness in the lower abdomen, and exercise two... I forget the name... the one with the wheel arm formations... I can feel energy jumping from one hand to the other, as well as see a circle of it when I shut my eyes. It's pretty interesting... and I'm not easily influenced. I'll try something, and if it seems like bunk, I'll move onto something else... but I have the fortunate ability to be able to monitor kind of what is actually happening with the energy, and it seems to do something...

Yes all of the energy channels are being opened, and you will feel energy circulations strengthening even if you're not that sensitive. Try doing the exercises a few days in a row, and you'll experience how the body is being opened up and the energy "mechanisms" are being strengthened.

EDIT:

Oh I forgot to ask... What about a Master? Can I do this on my own, or do I need a "Master" for this to be effective?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

There is only one Master in the practice, and you can receive all the guidance you need by reading the books. There are people in just about every city who practice and who get together to practice the exercises and read together. That might also help you.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Very good, sir. Thank you very much.

I believe actually I saw you commented on Falun Dafa a couple times on here, and I was wondering what you were going on about. That's why I checked it out in the first place.

Thanks a lot.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I was going on about the difference between developed "supernormal" abilities and "occult abilities" or experiences, probably.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well yeah would you say that you have developed any abilities from the practice?

I remember reading that and not really finishing it... but rushing to figure out what the heck this crazy thing was that you were talking about.

One thing that concerns me is that the book insists that you don't do any other meditation or energy practices in addition to Falun Dafa. Why not? Am I just reading this wrong?

I'm not looking for a religion, just methods to experiment with. If I committed myself to falun dafa, isn't that kind of like a religion?

How do you approach the whole thing... and how exactly has it benefited you personally?

I am always cautious.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have also heard of people actively recruiting others into Falun Dafa, and on Yahoo Answers, a few people felt like it was a little overbearing.

I think someone even said that a person tried to cut a "Wheel of Fire" out of her belly and ended up dying. Anyone can take things overboard, I guess.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with this, but will look into it as it seems to resonate with the Tai Chi I perform every morning, in particular the ...... -- what I call the -- "energy gathering". I do this sometimes during the course of the day, when I need more, when I'm flagging, tired, knackered, whatever one wants to call it.

Much thanks. Will research.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I try to bring it fresh to the people, my brother/sister from another mother.

Any good tai chi websites, argentus? I'm all about the Chi, man. I don't think people realize it until they actually SEE the energy.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well yeah would you say that you have developed any abilities from the practice?

My intent wasn't to talk about abilities that might have been developed, but rather to offer advice to other people who may have had some experiences that are difficult to understand. These things can be difficult to discern. I had experienced both types of situations before practicing Falun Dafa.

Someone else then asked if I had had some extra-ordinary experiences or had seen some things, and that's the direction the conversation went.

One thing that concerns me is that the book insists that you don't do any other meditation or energy practices in addition to Falun Dafa. Why not? Am I just reading this wrong?

I'm not looking for a religion, just methods to experiment with. If I committed myself to falun dafa, isn't that kind of like a religion?

Falun Dafa is a genuine practice of the Buddha School and cultivates a higher level of attainment in that school. In order to make progress beyond a certain point in practice, whether of the Buddha School, Dao School, or other genuine paths, it becomes necessary to stick to one path. The reason is that the process of teaching is different in different schools, the exercises are different (if there are any), and the form of energy circulations that are developed are also different. It becomes impossible to make progress past the level of qi, I believe, if you do not choose a single path. By all means though if you do not want to practice seriously, you can still learn from it and probably gain some benefit. No one is going to insist. You can choose whether to practice or not to.

This issue of practicing a single cultivation way is actually the reason why the original practices and religions historically would bad mouth other types of practices and religions. Their goal was so that people wouldn't mix things up into a hodge podge, and so that school of practice could remain unchanged and pure over time.

We do not regard Falun Dafa as a "religion" because it doesn't adopt external formalities of a religion. It is a path of learning that a person has to study and do for him/herself. It's a bit like learning to play a musical instrument. You have to practice and gain understanding, and if you can't play, it won't help if you adopt some superficial formalities. Other people may see Falun Dafa as a religion, because this is what they are used to.

How do you approach the whole thing... and how exactly has it benefited you personally? I am always cautious.

It is good to be cautious. I recognized Dafa as being phenomenal once I encountered it, possibly because I was already searching for truths of this type and had practiced meditation and had some other experiences that the book mentions. I have absolutely no regrets about Falun Dafa and regard it as the most phenomenal, powerful and wonderful practice I have ever encountered. It's real. The principles of truthfulness-compassion-forbearance are also significant and not merely some anthem.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I have also heard of people actively recruiting others into Falun Dafa, and on Yahoo Answers, a few people felt like it was a little overbearing.

I think someone even said that a person tried to cut a "Wheel of Fire" out of her belly and ended up dying. Anyone can take things overboard, I guess.

People shouldn't "recruit" other people to practice. Some people get excited about it and want to tell everyone about it. I did this for a while, but people have to want to learn it for themselves.

Regarding this self mutilation story, this came out from the propaganda artists in the Chinese government. This is ridiculous and all made up. No one in their right mind would ever do something like that, and to my knowledge no one ever has. This type of stuff was blasted through the state-controlled TV stations after the persecution began. We have also spoken directly to people who worked in TV and propaganda for CCTV and other TV stations, and they acknowledged that coming up with that stuff was just their job. Practitioners cultivate life, respect life and don't harm themselves or others.

There was another event in Tiananmen Square where people literally set themselves on fire and were beaten on the square. This is the length that the communist propaganda will go to. You have to understand that Falun Dafa was VERY popular and one out of every dozen or so people was practicing it. The ccp went to extremes trying to vilify it.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The principles of truthfulness-compassion-forbearance are also significant and not merely some anthem.

That's another thing I really like about it. Three things I'm fantastic at. Although I've told some seemingly tall tales in the past, I have not lied as of late, I feel bad even when I'm moving bricks outside and I accidentally crush some bugs (mosquitos kinda have it coming, though), and I'm definitely learning on my own that the best way to be calm is just tolerate pople thew way they are because people aren't going to change if you impose any type of will on them. They will just get frustrated and close off even more. A perfect example I'm always showing myself is here.

You tell a patriot to stop being proud of a country because that is egotistic and ignorant (which it is) and impermanent in the wider scheme of things, and they lash out at you.

Li Hongzhi definitely brings up very good points about society and things.

I'm still reading. I'll decide after I read everything.

Oh, a question. I can't seem to stay steady when I'm doing these exercises. I try not to persue it, but just for reference, it feels like there's invisible things poking and pushing me. This happened when I would meditate, too. It was very hard to get past it. Some days were very good. Others were very bad EDIT: It got worse as I got deeper. It would get so bad and my head would get so painful and swollen that I'd have to stop

I remember a few years ago, I had a couple of bad experiences with a ouija board, and always wondered if I channeled something that is still attached to me to this day.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
While you were doing the exercises, did you ever feel like the bottoms of your feet were on fire?

I looked down at my floor afterwards, and there were DARK MARKS where my feet were! That's friggin crazy!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Oh, a question. I can't seem to stay steady when I'm doing these exercises. I try not to persue it, but just for reference, it feels like there's invisible things poking and pushing me. This happened when I would meditate, too. It was very hard to get past it. Some days were very good. Others were very bad EDIT: It got worse as I got deeper. It would get so bad and my head would get so painful and swollen that I'd have to stop

I remember a few years ago, I had a couple of bad experiences with a ouija board, and always wondered if I channeled something that is still attached to me to this day.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

As for maintaining balance, it's okay if you sway a little naturally, but don't pursue it. The mind is tranquil. As for something "poking" you, try to be a bit determined, and external things won't be allowed to interfere with you. Period.

When you get a bit further in the book Zhuan Falun, you'll see that Teacher Li talks about external entities ("futi" or "spirit possession"). Those things are also cleared away as the body is purified, so you don't need to worry about those things. Yes, those things have had an influence and a lot of different books carry those things now.

If you'd like, you can also watch the video lectures online---

www.falundafa.org...

However, the first time through, just watch no more than one complete lecture per day. Not only is it a lot of information to absorb, but the body purification process is taking place. So maybe also drink a little extra water.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

While you were doing the exercises, did you ever feel like the bottoms of your feet were on fire?

I looked down at my floor afterwards, and there were DARK MARKS where my feet were! That's friggin crazy!

Not really on fire, but I have felt warmth. Some people do feel an intense rush of energy and find that their hands feel hot. This is just the energy. If it gets a bit intense, I think it's okay to take a break, but it's great if you can continue to go through the exercises. You'll feel better afterwards.

Dark marks? Are you sure you weren't just seeing this in relief from light or energy surrounding you? It sounds like your tianmu ("celestial eye") may already be open. For example, you might see light/energy (gong) outlining your limbs or hands when you practice, most likely during the second exercise (Falun Standing Stance), but perhaps on others as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah man. They're still there. It is a carpeted area, but not shag carpet. It's an off white color, and it doesn't leave indents. My feet felt like they were on fire. When I finished, I looked down, and there were seriously two black-ish marks in the shape of the middle part of each foot.

Frankly, I'm a bit startled by the whole thing. I didn't think any practice generated that much energy that quickly.

Yeah I've been seeing a white lighted area around my body for a couple of months now. I noticed after I did the first two exercises that instead of being about a half inch in width, the white light bordering me was almost two inches in width... although at one point, it died down completely and I felt really sick for an hour or two.

It is kind of intense. What else do I say? I'm not easily influenced by propaganda, only experience. This stuff is actually pretty powerful stuff, it seems like!

Were you kind of nervous about it at first? It's so intense for me that it makes me a little nervous.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was not nervous when I first started, as I could tell that the energy was good and the reasoning of the teaching was rational. My experience at first was that I could only read the book for about 10 - 15 minutes, then I would need to take a nap. I also spent a lot of time in the bathroom when my body was being cleansed. On the second day, I could see that my body had entered the "milk-white" state, and at least one entity was cleared from my body. This was all within reading the first chapter. When I practiced some more and practiced on consecutive days, I would have some similar reactions.

Some people do feel as though they have a fever or might feel pressure temporarily in their body that lasts for even a day or two. These are illnesses that had been pressed deep into the body coming out and the karma is disbursing. A lot of negative karma (toxin) is being eliminated. So again, it's a good thing. Everyone's situation is a bit different.

I did once teach the second exercise to someone who found it so intense that he needed to sit down after a few minutes. All of this is normal. Some people would sneeze or even throw up.

It can be a bit intense, and this is why new students should only watch one lecture per day. That's also why I suggested drinking a little extra water.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join