It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falun Gong/Dafa: Your results?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've been drinking nothing but water lately just kind of unconsciously choosing to, but I was wondering... will the fluoride in tap water affect the practice at all?
Fluoride supposedly clogs the pineal gland, and from what I know, that's the heart of the 3rd eye.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

The cleansing process you are experiencing originates at a submolecular level. The tianmu is also in another dimension, so it is not restricted by this physical dimension. (That is why it can see things that our ordinary eyes cannot.) Things like ordinary pollutants or chemicals will be cleaned up automatically. To be perfectly honest, even the air and the water are not as pure as they were in centuries past. This will not affect you much, and when you practice and improve your xinxing, you'll feel fine. Of course smoking and also drinking alcohol are things that should also be given up sooner rather than later. These put toxins back in the body.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I gave up smoking already. Drinking... I'll have a couple of ales with my buddy every once in a while. nothing too much. I've given up mostly everything just because there's no point anyway.

So I'm just interested. What have you personally experienced with Falun Gong?

I've really not got too many expectations so far. I'm just interested in the actual unfolding process. How did it feel for you?

And does it tie in with the "As above, so below" philosophy? The All is One philosophy? The infinitely flowering lotus? I've had a few very mystical experiences before... and it seems like this is what Li is alluding to in his teachings.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveYouConsidered?

The cleansing process you are experiencing originates at a submolecular level. The tianmu is also in another dimension, so it is not restricted by this physical dimension. (That is why it can see things that our ordinary eyes cannot.) Things like ordinary pollutants or chemicals will be cleaned up automatically. To be perfectly honest, even the air and the water are not as pure as they were in centuries past. This will not affect you much, and when you practice and improve your xinxing, you'll feel fine. Of course smoking and also drinking alcohol are things that should also be given up sooner rather than later. These put toxins back in the body.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

At the submolecular level, eh? Might it originate from The Source, and then radiate through the various sub dimensions of the atom? Or is it kind of in a space between?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

At the submolecular level, eh? Might it originate from The Source, and then radiate through the various sub dimensions of the atom? Or is it kind of in a space between?

The cultivation energy is developed and stored in the body's cells themselves. The body is purified at different levels. All the dimensions are changing and improving. It's not just the "space between" cells or molecules.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

So I'm just interested. What have you personally experienced with Falun Gong?

I've really not got too many expectations so far. I'm just interested in the actual unfolding process. How did it feel for you?

And does it tie in with the "As above, so below" philosophy? The All is One philosophy? The infinitely flowering lotus? I've had a few very mystical experiences before... and it seems like this is what Li is alluding to in his teachings.

I have had many experiences, more than I can summarize briefly. How it feels? Well, it feels good, I suppose. The body becomes free of illness and feels light and energy is increased. There is a feeling of comfort when improvements are made and a tribulation is passed. As for the teachings, I cannot really summarize them. Everything is in the book. If you have specific questions, I can try to speak to them. As Teacher says, "The Fa is boundless." People read the book again and again, and it's as if they are reading it for the first time each time they read it because they have made progress and are being guided further. They are constantly enlightening to deeper principles and improving their understanding.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well, I am finding this thread fascinating. I will have to look into this asap. I seem to have some sort of ingrained difficulty with meditation, will that pose a serious obstacle to delving into this?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karl, from what I've been able to gather, it does not require intent, and it's actually....whether you follow it strictly or just do the exercises.... quite effective at automatically clearing your mind. Don't ask me how, but it does SOMETHING... and all you have to do is start doing the exercises. You might feel silly at first.

I'm still looking into this whole thing myself. As always, use caution if you think something doesn't sound "on the level". Tell me what you think. I wish more people were commenting on this, as to get a wider perspective... not saying that HaveYouConsidered? doesn't make some very valuable points.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Karl, you may want to read this, and HaveYouConsidered, you may want to read and also comment on this. I found another thread asking about Falun Gong, and they really seem to be ripping at it. It's worth getting a few different angles on the subject:

Falun Dafa Thread

Someone who's real good at researching and completely unbiased towards the matter should join this or the previous thread and really give this a thorough looking into.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I do my own modified version of Falun Dafa.
Both for exercise and spiritual purposes.

I like the sitting movements.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have two pdfs:

Falun Gong 5th edition by Li Hongzhi
Zhuan Falun 3rd edition by Lu Honzhi

Is this all I need?

Also, your avatar of the milk hill crop cirlce, I was looking at the same picture saves on my computer 3 mintues ago. Strange and maybe a sign that I should get on with this Falun Gong. Had the pdfs on my computer for months but my lack of disicpline stops me progressing sometimes.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
From all I've read so far, it is all you need. The exercises are also in video form on youtube, so you can actually see the movements. It's easier to figure out that way.

Give it a chance, and if something really rubs you the wrong way, let us know. I can't seem to get any people to shut the hell up long enough for me to do it all. It's so aggravating. People just never cease to make noise at the exact times when you need silence. I bet once you start the exercises, you'll run into the same problem. Interruptions like clockwork. Testing your patience, I presume.
I am losing patience with humanity. I don't know.... Is this stuff supposed to make me not want to tell people how #ing idiotic and apathetic they are being? Because I feel more agitated then ever. Like I just wanna take people by the neck and ring them until they almost choke and die, screaming "PEOPLE JUST #ING STOOOOPPPPP!!!!!!" Ya know what I mean? A little off track, but I think it's really throwing off any progress I have made spiritually in the past year or two.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ok...
I've been here (ATS) for awhile now and read a lot of strange stuff. Years ago I looked into FG and read to trust the Master totally in as much as stop taking medication and I can't do that. I have very bad rheumatoid arthritis and had a heart attack....more meds.
So it's hard for me to trust that much....it's my life. Perhaps this would help me but if not I'm don't really want to kick off yet.....lol

Not sure if I could do this and still take my needed drugs??

c ya

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
I do my own modified version of Falun Dafa.
Both for exercise and spiritual purposes.

I like the sitting movements.

Peace

dAlen

I would suggest trying to do the movement properly if you want them to have the best effect.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by merky

ok...
I've been here (ATS) for awhile now and read a lot of strange stuff. Years ago I looked into FG and read to trust the Master totally in as much as stop taking medication and I can't do that. I have very bad rheumatoid arthritis and had a heart attack....more meds.
So it's hard for me to trust that much....it's my life. Perhaps this would help me but if not I'm don't really want to kick off yet.....lol

Not sure if I could do this and still take my needed drugs??

c ya

Since you've raised this issue, let me see if I can speak to this. This is just my own understanding. Falun Gong has the ability to heal illness, even dramatically. However, the purpose of Falun Gong is not to heal illness, but to enable one to practice genuine cultivation, which as some Eastern cultures have known, is a process of changing from an ordinary state to an extraordinary state (sometimes called Divine). The way practitioners see things, they have been searching for the meaning of life and higher truths, and have wanted to find a teacher who could enable them to reach higher levels up to enlightenment. If a person genuinely wishes to practice cultivation, that very thought is seen by higher beings as precious. This person wants to practice cultivation! Practitioners think this is actually the true reason for human life and greatest achievement a human being can make. When they find Dafa, they believe they have found something precious that would be impossible to find even if they continued searching the world for decades. They resolve to let go of their ordinary attachments and mentalities. This cannot be done all at once, but can be done gradually. They no longer see themselves as being ordinary people, but as practitioners. They also understand that the suffering and hardships that they experience in their life are the result of their karmic circumstances and the things they had done in the past. They understand that suffering in and of itself is not a terrible thing and they are determined to improve their character (xinxing). So the Teacher purifies their bodies, their illnesses are completely removed, and their lives are even prolonged to enable them to practice cultivation.

But if a person just wants to have illnesses healed and comes to practice with this pursuit, it won't work. If the person cannot give up the thought that he or she has an "illness," then that illness won't be healed. This person still thinks of him/herself as an ordinary person, is afraid for his/her life, and doesn't really want to practice cultivation. People with serious illnesses are encouraged not to come to practice Falun Gong because it's just too hard for them to give up the thought of their illness. If people really find themselves to be sick, they can seek treatment, see their doctor, go to the hospital, or do whatever is necessary. No one says you can't take medicine.

Perhaps I haven't explained this well. This question has been asked many times, and I'll see if I can find the actual question and answer in a lecture.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is an excerpt from a lecture Teacher Li gave in Australia.

Perhaps when you walk out of this place, you may feel very comfortable physically. However, there is one point. Along with your cultivation practice, your body will feel uncomfortable again. Why is it? It is because you have karma from one lifetime after another, and it cannot be pushed out all at once. One would be dead right away if all the karma were pushed out all at once. Therefore, we shall gradually clean out such karma from the internal body. So, you will feel physically very uncomfortable after a period of time and you may wonder, “Is it an illness?” I am telling everyone that it is not an illness. But, it will appear to be extraordinarily painful. Some are very serious and appear to be very serious. However, some people know it and they become happy each time they feel unwell. They say that Teacher is taking care of me by removing my illnesses and eliminating my karma. Some people will become quite anxious if they do not feel physically uncomfortable or anything. “Teacher is not taking care of me, and why am I not eliminating karma?” But, some new practitioners will normally consider it an illness and take medicine whenever they feel unwell. They think that it is better if they practice cultivation and take medicine at the same time. Yet we have seen a principle that since hospitals cannot eliminate karma and doctors are not practitioners, they do not therefore have such mighty virtues. They are technicians among ordinary people, who can only remove pains on the surface and leave such illnesses for you in a deeper dimension. Taking medicine is to suppress them inside the body and is as good as accumulating them. One may not feel the pain on the surface, but it is deposited in the deeper level of the body. Performing a surgery is also the same. For instance, suppose that one has a tumour and has it removed. He has only cut off the matter on the surface while the genuine cause of illness is in another dimension, which has not been touched. Thus, such very serious illnesses of karma will recur. Some appear to be healed and will not have a relapse in this life. Then, they will come back again in the next life. Because they are suppressed in a deeper level, they will return sooner or later. One's karma will still have to be repaid, and it is just such a principle. What we have done here is to push out all your dirty things from the original source of your life. However, nobody does such a thing. Only if you practice cultivation, will we do such a thing for you. But, everyone must conduct your Xinxing well and shouldn’t think, “Oh, I am sick again,” when you feel unwell. If you think this way, then take medicine when your illness comes. We would not intervene, because cultivation practice depends on enlightenment quality, not on forceful regulations. We have not said that you should not take medicine when you are not feeling well. We have not.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Since you've raised this issue, let me see if I can speak to this. This is just my own understanding. Falun Gong has the ability to heal illness, even dramatically. However, the purpose of Falun Gong is not to heal illness, but to enable one to practice genuine cultivation, which as some Eastern cultures have known, is a process of changing from an ordinary state to an extraordinary state (sometimes called Divine). The way practitioners see things, they have been searching for the meaning of life and higher truths, and have wanted to find a teacher who could enable them to reach higher levels up to enlightenment. If a person genuinely wishes to practice cultivation, that very thought is seen by higher beings as precious. This person wants to practice cultivation! Practitioners think this is actually the true reason for human life and greatest achievement a human being can make. When they find Dafa, they believe they have found something precious that would be impossible to find even if they continued searching the world for decades. They resolve to let go of their ordinary attachments and mentalities. This cannot be done all at once, but can be done gradually. They no longer see themselves as being ordinary people, but as practitioners. They also understand that the suffering and hardships that they experience in their life are the result of their karmic circumstances and the things they had done in the past. They understand that suffering in and of itself is not a terrible thing and they are determined to improve their character (xinxing). So the Teacher purifies their bodies, their illnesses are completely removed, and their lives are even prolonged to enable them to practice cultivation.

But if a person just wants to have illnesses healed and comes to practice with this pursuit, it won't work. If the person cannot give up the thought that he or she has an "illness," then that illness won't be healed. This person still thinks of him/herself as an ordinary person, is afraid for his/her life, and doesn't really want to practice cultivation. People with serious illnesses are encouraged not to come to practice Falun Gong because it's just too hard for them to give up the thought of their illness. If people really find themselves to be sick, they can seek treatment, see their doctor, go to the hospital, or do whatever is necessary. No one says you can't take medicine.

Perhaps I haven't explained this well. This question has been asked many times, and I'll see if I can find the actual question and answer in a lecture.

Thank you, you've explained this very well.
I'll put it this way. My arthritis is a joint movement problem but along with it there's pain, but I don't dwell on it, it's just one of those things you deal with.
I'm not looking for a cure. If anyone allows illness to control them, then like you say......hard to give up the thought of their illness.
I'll get the book off the net and read it and go from there. It's a first step.
Thanks again,
Merky

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

You can always feel free to ask me questions, if you have any.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I watched lecture 1 and some of it was good info, but there was a bit too much "bravado" for my taste. The guy was making a lot of claims about scientific breakthroughs that I have never heard of and can find no evidence for. I don't think it really changes the message, but it really wasn't necessary.

Anyways, I will try to continue with it and see how it goes.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I watched lecture 1 and some of it was good info, but there was a bit too much "bravado" for my taste. The guy was making a lot of claims about scientific breakthroughs that I have never heard of and can find no evidence for. I don't think it really changes the message, but it really wasn't necessary.

Anyways, I will try to continue with it and see how it goes.

Giving a live lecture to qigong enthusiasts in China may be a bit different than what we are used to culturally. Teacher Li is making references to prehistoric civilizations and limitations of Darwinism as a theory to create a context for what Falun Dafa is. If there is anything that you want to discuss, I'm happy to. Pay attention not only to what he is saying, but also to what he is doing. He is, at the same time, emitting energy and some of the students are beginning to go through a body-cleansing process.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join