It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed conflict between US and China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When do you think China and the US go to war with each other? Or Maybe Russia and Canada over the oil in the Arctic?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

maybe it'll start when this little event happens called the olympics theyre are already bombs going off in china apparenly

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i think a US v. China war could happen... although from an economic point of view it makes no sense -US buys a ton of good from china, so america would b with out most major goods and china's biggest buyer would be gone, either way not good on an economic level for both- from an ideological and militaristic stand point i think it could happen at any time but it would surprise me if it didn't happen before 2020.

as for the Russia vs. Canada scenario i don't think it will happen. Russia's military might be on its downside but what's canada going to do send the mounties in?
honestly that'd be a bad scenario because it'd be hard to not imagine the US getting involved, especially if the Russians attacked North America... America would probably counter attack the russians just to protect "North America" if not Canada in its entirety... anyways, i've never heard about the russia canada scenario, although it does make sense to a degree...

thats all i got for today

raptor1

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The biggest reason we would get involved in any kind of armed conflict with China is if China decides to try and take Taiwan back with force.

Believe it or not there are already very detailed plans in place for that very scenario, and it is a lot closer to happening than you may think.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A war between Canada and Russia would involve a Hockey rink. The fatality rate might be higher, but at least it's culturally sound.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Both are highly unlikely-- the world would have to be nearly completely destabilized economically.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good question
Flagged

If China and the US did go to war it would probably lead the world into a horrible recession. China is the worlds leading exporter and the US is one of the worlds largest importers.
It wouldnt make sense as it would be a catastrophe. The US would most likely win but not without Tens/Hundreds of thousands dead!! However if this was to take place in the following 10 - 20 years it could very well be a different story.....

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think the possibility of a Chinese/American War would probably be brought out through conflict with Iran, which I feel is looking inevitable...so I think sometime after we fight Iran China will start some kind of Public Affairs campaign painting America to look like global bad guys so they can sell a war on us, as it is in there interest to protect Iran.

However as someone pointed out they do rely on us as a large buyer of their goods...but I don't know if that will continue to phase them in the following years.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
maybe it'll start when this little event happens called the olympics theyre are already bombs going off in china apparenly

War between China and the USA? I think not.

I think you'll find them becoming allies after an "event" in the near future.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

War between China and the USA? I think not.

I think you'll find them becoming allies after an "event" in the near future.

What event is it your speaking of? The Olympics?

new topics

top topics

join