It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does google work for the CIA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm just curious... they're getting away with releasing all of these kinds of spying technologies to the public which I think must mean that they work for a government agency of some sorts or at least is contracted with them. Perhaps they work for the CIA? Maybe all of google employees are really undercover CIA agents?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Long answer Yes!

Short answer is also yes!

The Google is a CIA powerhouse, and will kill you if you disobey!

*Bows to almighty Google God*

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is conspiracy speculation at its finest.

If this was the case, then why would The Pentagon ban Google from it's US bases as per this article in the times:

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

I'm sure the usual crowd will be here shortly to confirm your speculation and paranoia...and to tell me I'm an undercover agent or something like that. That's how it usually works.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Its a cover up dont you see?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

That doesn't mean that google doesn't work for the CIA. That just means the Pentagon doesn't want US bases using google. Google could very well hand over our search histories to the CIA.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Search is your friend on ATS:

Ex-CIA Agent States Google is "In Bed With" the CIA

Google Street View...A New Threat?

I Told You Google Was Up To No Good

CIA Enlists Google's Help For Spy Work!

Disclaimer: I wouldn't have posted this if you provided new data to support a conspiracy angle, but you rather posed a question that can be found in the archives of ATS.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

People in the know understand that the Pentagon and the CIA are separate, distinct, and often warring entities. For decades, the the Joint Chiefs have tried, unsuccessfully, to bring the intelligence apparatus of the executive branch under their control. In fact, such a desire, on the part of JFK, was one of the reasons he was so hated by the power centers in DC.

When you understand that the Pentagon has a huge interest in ensuring that the CIA can't spy on their activities, then the Times Online article begins to make a lot more sense.

The generals at the top know that allowing Google queries means allowing CIA oversight of said queries, which means allowing fine-grained Presidential oversight of their soldiers' and commanders' computer activities.

The Executive branch has proven time and time again that they would use any and all measures, legal and otherwise, to exert political influence over the Pentagon. The generals have simple decided that banning Google reduces their exposure to nefarious press leaks designed to force politically unpopular Generals to resign.

Jon

EDIT: Changed "years" to "decades."

[edit on 7.20.2008 by Voxel]

new topics

top topics

join