It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob attacks officers over litter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

They actually have a lot of tools to protect themselves, they just didn't have a chance as it was so sudden and the crowd piled in. The crowd dispersed very quickly, by all accounts, as soon as reinforcements showed up, so it goes to show that they knew that Police who were ready for them would be no pushover.

I've seen videos of cops from America being taken completely by surprise as well and taking a bullet to the face to boot, so stop trying to take the high ground by saying "Well, uh-huh, if they thar had a gun, Cleetus".

All I can say is thank god we don't have a country full of guns and brain dead idiots using them. If you ask these PC's which they'd prefer, they'd take a bite from a chav over getting shot any day.

Recent polls of the police force show that some 80% support the fact they do NOT wish to be routinely armed.

Plus, you've obviously not seen our Police respond to disorderly crowds. When it comes to crowd/riot control, our guys have it licked. So much so that other forces from around the world come to the UK to learn how to do it.

[edit on 18/7/08 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

As for the OP, well aren't we a bit misinformed about the UK? Uprising against Big Brother? How about a a gang of chavs having a pop at a couple of PC's? There is no "big brother" and I tire of explaining to Yanks all about this, I really do. Why not come here and see it first hand before passing judgment based on what Alex Jones or FOX said?

The two older blokes who got nicked where probably the type of gentleman who has to hang around with younger kids in order to be "cool" and have control.

You know the type
lol

Firstly let me just say thankyou for giving excellent response to this thread.
Now let me explain that I am not an american

I am from England, my father was a Metropolitan police officer so I have first hand accounts of what it's like in the force.

I've grown up with it. You say you're gl;ad most police officers are not ex-marines, well actually, many are ex-Royal navy.

The British police force is the oldest in the world and the most experienced. I remember my fathers retirement party where another officer stood up to tell the tale of when, during the miners strike in the 1980's, my father stopped several hundred miners from entering a mine, by himself.

I see the news on this has been update by the media, which is a bit more helpful. You may be right about the two adults involved but this leaves more questions in my mind.

Was this attack the first of many? Are we now going to see repeats because of this example. You know the mentality of this crowd, pride in getting an ASBO, so if one idea seems to have worked which upset the system, then it's sure as heck gonna work again.

And just what are these adults up to? Recruiting? Planting the seeds of ideas of revolt or disturbance?

You'll be sureprised how many underground movements there are in the UK. There were/are a couple in my old town area. One of which were very into the BNP. Another group, can't remember the exact groups name but it was something like C16, left their tag all over the place, but it was a stamp or poster. They were marking their teritory and left the idea that they are well equipped. That group has been around for well over 15 years.

If we start to see more of the same as this news reports, then something may be going on a bit deeper behind the scenes, otherwise it will be copycat situations. And let's not forget all the pizza delivery riders who routinely get attempts to be kicked off their bikes by this particular group of individuals, although this does not get regularly reported, it goes on all the time.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

3.Mob mentality. Degenerates see a fight, they join in. Eventually it gets out of hand. Anyone who's been to school can testify to this I bet.

You my friend have just uncovered the driving force of democracy!

It is nothing more than institutionalized mob-mentality. But in this case, the mob-mentality has overshadowed the institutionalization of it.

I typically like to see any group of people who stand up to police. Police work for the people, it's about time they learned to take orders from their bosses. And since they obviously were not being supported by the majority of the populace there, the police were in the wrong.

I regret that the police were so dense that they had to suffer physical injury before they realized that their help was unwanted. But maybe this will help to inform other police who it is that they work for.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Extralien

You people in the states have a funny view of life in the UK.

Still, must be difficult accepting the world from your polythene and duct taped wrapped bunkers, surrounded by guns you need in case us Brits come back and recolonise you and living in a permanently paranoid state of fear about "dem dere terrorists" and despising anything that isn't american whilst eulogising about freedom of speech in your designated zones right?

Raises an eyebrow. You people on that little island have a funny view of life in the US. Frankly I am getting a little sick of the US bashing by Brits, it is in you television shows and throughout your little inbred Island. You are so reserved because you have been so inbred and have had a major braindrain in the past 50 years. I will be the first one to state how frustrated I am with America's current mindset but our people have been brainwashed by the best techniques mankind has ever had.

Oh and the guns are for our Government not you. You need to understand most of us here still have our balls. Once this nation awakens to the brainwashing we will again be the ones that pull it out and save mankind.

Now go eat some spotted dick.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
"Well, uh-huh, if they thar had a gun, Cleetus".

Most rednecks named Cleetus have more character and are more human than 10 beer drinking football crazed Brits put together.

We have stood by you people too long. We are good people and are under some heavy crap over here and deserve a little more respect than that.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The kids should be taught to use there manners and respect the law and the officers should have guns,lol

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southbound
The kids should be taught to use there manners and respect the law and the officers should have guns,lol

Respect the officers? I thought they worked for the people? Shouldn't they respect the wishes of the people?

I'm confused
I thought that was what democracy was all about.

Then again, I'm an American and don't understand the whole Monarchy thing going on over there.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Everyone should be given a chance, if you throw that back at the police then you are asking for what you get.

The actions of the group is nothing admirable, it's not good to see that people are rebelling against the system, this was just out of order.

While I really, sincerely prefer a non-violent approach I have to applaud them for not taking s# from a cop. What makes the police so special that they can't take a little of what they dish out? Perhaps people are really starting to wake up and realize they aren't sheep.

Citizens certainly deserve the same respect from the Blue Brotherhood that it expects to be given to them. Citizens (not "civilians" as the BB often calls them) must receive the same respect The Blue Brotherhood gives to itself. Those in The Blue Brotherhood should act according to the laws they enforce but very often do not. You're a cop and get pulled over for a traffic violation? No problem, just "tin" 'em. Get caught drunk driving and you're a cop? Same thing and get a free ride home at taxpayers' expense.

Extension of "professional courtesy" (code for giving another cop a special break) cuts across international borders as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue

Originally posted by Gatordone
I'd like to know what a "chav" is?

A Chav is a cheap sportswear wearing, fake bling wearing, 'hard as nails' , thick as s*** faux gangsta type, who tend to attack in groups, and generally get laughed at by actual tough people.

I think despite the comments by some posters that we yanks couldnt possibly understand, that we might have some understanding of that phenomenon. We just dont call them "chavs," we call them "gang bangers" here in New Mexico. (Or "posers" if they are middle class kids trying to take on the gangsta look for the purposes of coolness.)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

So because you feel insulted by a few comments by a few british people, you feel the right to insult us all by calling us inbred?

Maybe we should remind you of the fact that the British are primarily mixed race, we are scattered all across the globe and we set many of the standards that you americans and the rest of the world take for granted.
If you don't like us, stop speaking our language...

Perhaps it's just a little jealousy of the fact that we've got something called 'history' and 'culture' and only a marginal few are represented by the idiots that you guys see on newspapers.

We are not all beer drinking, hooligans.... Like not all Americans are gun crazy idiots... We are people.

Get a grip kid, cliches will be the downfall of your country.

Back on topic: Yet another example of the media reporting a bad instance... nobody is interested in good news. Simple as that.
Fortunately though if this would have happened in the states, i imagine several people would now be dead.
Thank god our coppers don't need guns, just brains (mostly).

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
30 people, a likely story. Sounds to me like these coppers got owned by a couple of girls, and invented the 30 people story to save their embarrassment. This really sounds like a load of tosh to me. Let me guess, other injuries besides the bite marks are handbag bruises and scratched faces.

I believe it because I live close to the area and I know these types of kids, sometimes rarely they DO walk around in a group of about 30. And not for doing nothing, they got trouble on their mind.

They walk aound in groups and try to intimidate everyone around them, they are ALL weak minded, self concious and pathetic, no offence to one of you if your reading this lol, the reason they hang in big groups is to make them feel less self concious less weak, it makes them feel better, they feel part of something.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

We may never know, but this is definitely a strange thing to happen.. Will it be the last?

)

No lol, maybe not groups of 30 everyday, but every week in london this happens with groups attacking people, it's just usually it's not cops getting attacked, and you don't hear about it much in news, especially if you live in another country, but those of you who live in London know what I mean.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You cannot force people to be good. Having a policeman at every corner to watch for littering would only make me want to litter, even if I would not want to do that before
This is like telling the police : we are grown men not your stupid children and this is our country
The NWO should know that having too much control over people could lead to riots, better let them feel free and make them your slaves using money and banks.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Listen here Yank, just because one or two people said something about the US, doesn't mean you have the right to call us all inbred. Your probably one of these Americans that goes around saying to any Brit that you saved the in WW2. You didn't, the battle of Britain was over long before you entered the war, if anything the Russians saved us. America turned up late to ww1 and ww2 but you seemed determined to start the 3rd one.

think before you make your comments.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm all for keeping the planet clean, but when you begin to resort to violence over it I have to question your motives. My state makes their motives very clear.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by umbr45

We have a family like that in the town I used to live in, I still live about an hour away. They were pretty hard nosed when they were together or with friends. On their own they never started anything and often tried to even be friendly so that they would not be beaten.
This family has nearly killed people by either beating them or buy stabbing them. One has been accused of statutory rape and nothing has been done. This family basically runs the town most of the time. It is a small town so it has few cops and even they are afraid of the revenge that would be taken out on them. The best thing that can happen with this family is for them to finally interbreed themselves out of existence. Sadly though that will take a great deal of time.

This family has backed down when confronted by another group of people but will later do what they can to find them out by themselves and deal with it then. Most simply try to avoid being around them. It is sad that there are people out there like this.

Raist

Then to be honest my friend, if the police are doing nothing to protect you, it's time the community took matters into their own hands and made an example of this 'family' once and for all. Sorry but, while I don't think vigilanteism is the ideal way of maintaining law, when nothing else is working and with the calibre of the scrotes you're talking about it's the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maybe the pinhead cop could have written the girl up,and set the example by picking up the trash himself and depositing it into a receptacle afterward.
In the US I see cops setting the wrong example all the time.
But then if they led by example,and the people responded to their example,they would be out of a job because they would not be needed anymore.
In realty they are not needed anyway,nobody can be saved or protected by anyone but themselves ,and in the end,there is just the end.
The police ARE A MOB
The government IS A MOB
The military IS A MOB
The citizenry is responding to the example set before them,in a way that guarantees the cop MOB will remain having something to do.
The whole thing goes way deeper than most people realise.
You are ruled by COERCION

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason All I can say is thank god we don't have a country full of guns and brain dead idiots using them. If you ask these PC's which they'd prefer, they'd take a bite from a chav over getting shot any day.

It is true parts of the U.S. are very fond of guns (fortunately I live in one of those areas). But the problem of gun violence is very very misunderstood. In fact the majority of our gun violence, and the majority of murders come from a relatively small ethnic minority. If they were taken out of the crime stats our numbers would rival Canada or many European countries that have strict gun laws. Guns aren’t the problem, certain subcultures are the problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

While I really, sincerely prefer a non-violent approach I have to applaud them for not taking s# from a cop. What makes the police so special that they can't take a little of what they dish out? Perhaps people are really starting to wake up and realize they aren't sheep.

I'm sorry but I really think you have some major misperceptions about this particular instance, and the wider situation that exists in the UK.

You may applaud them for not taking s**t off a cop but be aware these arseholes would likely re-act with the same violence had it been a little old lady who asked them to pick up their litter. These are the real dregs, scum, spoilt brats mutated to murderous proportions, not in any way shape or form, brave defenders of freedom (quite the opposite in fact).

Personally I'd like to see our cops armed now. The odd dead chav might soon make the rest redefine their criteria for 'respek ennit'. This is why there's a certain amount of exasperation when posters from the US begin spouting this new world order BS, gestapo surveillance and 1984 and then applauding the actions of these scrotes. To those people I'd say, I'm sorry you have no idea, deny ignorance and educate yourself.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Cantwara]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Wait a minute did i just read that right?.
That its basically the ethnic minorities fault for your high gun crime rates?
If you don't mind id like some evidence to back this up, since a pretty bold accusation to make.
I will be more than willing to eat my hat if your right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join