It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob attacks officers over litter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

No, I'd say it's highly unlikely that the "gangs" are annoyed at the amount of CCTV. Gangs in the UK do crap like this all the time... Not everything has to be a conspiracy you know.

It appears that the policeman were doing their jobs, and they got "jumped" by angry teenagers.. what a surprise eh? People get "jumped" in the UK all the time. No uncommon occurence.. no uprising, no paranoia... nothing new.

Let's hope the idiot girl and her idiot friends get what they deserve.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien30 people, presumably of differing ages, attacked two police officers because of a bit of litter.

Unless the police were abusing the girl I suspect the 30 "citizens" probably belong to an angry subculture and they resent the supposedly dominant culture enforcing any rules or showing any sort of presence whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The only headline that would prove to me the worm really has turned would be...gang of chavs attacked by 30 strong mob...now that really would be a day to celibrate.

Chavs are the lowest of the low, and they are universally despised in the UK, not just by middle aged, middle class Daily Mail readers but by everyone. Cowards, thugs, anti-social and clued up about every single 'right' an over liberal approach to the so called disadvantaged, has empowered them with.

I'd disagree slightly with the code of dress, I think it's the life style choice that truly describes a chav, ie scum bag worthless.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

If anything I think the mentality of some of late is due to the stresses in the country with Bills shooting through the roof, the credit crunch, the daily reminder that food is rising,

In this case though it’s just a despicable act, there no ifs or buts about it, there’s no need for that kind of happening, we can’t condone any actions like that,

No it's because these people have no respect for the law and are stupid, and the bills and credit crunch argument is void since the government usually pays the bills for those who are jobless and with 5 kids by the time they are 13

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think it's the norm in the UK now, there isn't any respect for the police or anyone else. the police don't really patrol the streets, they just react to situations ( after risk asessments have been carried out, no doubt).
Yet today in on of the papers, 3 cops turned up to a shop because a 10 yr old girl had painted her thunb nail from a product on display on a cosmetic counter.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien life uk
I think it's the norm in the UK now, there isn't any respect for the police or anyone else. the police don't really patrol the streets, they just react to situations ( after risk asessments have been carried out, no doubt).
Yet today in on of the papers, 3 cops turned up to a shop because a 10 yr old girl had painted her thunb nail from a product on display on a cosmetic counter.

It was Boots security that called the police claiming they had a shoplifter, when it actual fact she was just testing it. The one female police officer (not three) who turned up tried to actual calm the situation and get Boots to see sense.

As for the OP, well aren't we a bit misinformed about the UK? Uprising against Big Brother? How about a a gang of chavs having a pop at a couple of PC's? There is no "big brother" and I tire of explaining to Yanks all about this, I really do. Why not come here and see it first hand before passing judgment based on what Alex Jones or FOX said?

The two older blokes who got nicked where probably the type of gentleman who has to hang around with younger kids in order to be "cool" and have control.

You know the type
lol

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
My girlfriends autistic daughter dropped a cigarette butt a while go, she could'nt see a bin so she put it out on the concrete. Fair enough she did'nt pick the butt up after but a litter warden came straight over and issued her with an on the spot fine for about £30.

No warning or anything, no chance to put in in a bin. My girlfriends daughter has vision problems due to the autism, she misses things if that makes sense so she probably would'nt have seen a bin even if it was there.

Within a week the fine had gone up to £70, she was extremely stressed over this and her mum had to sort it out with the local council.

Alot of people don't know, but you actually have to accept a spot fine for it to be enforceable. The Bill of rights 1689 gives the right to not be subject to arbitrary fines without having the right to trial.

What this means is that they need your permission to waive the right to trial and accept the fine. If you refuse, they basically have to either have you arrested and then provide the evidence that you littered (very hard to prove by the way) or drop it.

You are under no obligation to accept the fine. The same applies to any "spot" fine the police try and pin on you. refuse the fine and they'll either have to nick you and charge you with an offence, or let you go.

Again, most people don't know their rights, but plenty will bitch about "losing them" when they weren't even aware what they where "losing"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Are police officers in the UK allowed to carry weapons?

If they are not....that is the problem.

If that happened in the US, there would have been some dead teenagers.

Well to put it another way, I don't think that could have happened in the US because our officers do carry weapons.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Extralien

You people in the states have a funny view of life in the UK.

Still, must be difficult accepting the world from your polythene and duct taped wrapped bunkers, surrounded by guns you need in case us Brits come back and recolonise you and living in a permanently paranoid state of fear about "dem dere terrorists" and despising anything that isn't american whilst eulogising about freedom of speech in your designated zones right?

OK - now that we're done with the stereotypes, lets get down to real world and the nitty gritty of things - don't you have occaisional spots of civil disturbance in the US? I'm fairly sure you do.

This is nothing special, and variations of it can be found in most large towns and cities across the UK from time to time. What does it mean? It means that theres a lack of resepect for the police by some sections of society.

Is it right? No. Is it anything to do with the reasons you suggest? No.

[edit on 18/0708/08 by neformore]

Excuse me? I happen to live in the 'states' and I am disgusted with the attitudes that you sarcastically painted me with. I consider this so-called Union a mockery of freedom, and I can't even stand songs praising America, much less hanging on to firearms in bunkers or saying the US is somehow a shining beacon unto the world. It isn't and I have to live with that every day I am stuck here.

It makes me sick to even type it, much less hear that from you. Maybe you should give a little credit where it is due, namely to the individuals who would really love to see this braindead coke-head president get his due. I know you were talking of stereotypes, still that is completely unfair. I have to live with people who have that mentality, and that is bad enough without having to read your lack of compassion and understanding of the real situation. Grow up.

Back on topic, this does occur everywhere, especially where the social balance is disrupted. The LA riots are a prime example. It was not about Rodney King, nor was this really about litter. Eventually the societal issues facing all nations are going to either reach a head and solutions will emerge, or we will burn to ashes and have to work from the ground up (if that is even possible).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Are police officers in the UK allowed to carry weapons?

If they are not....that is the problem.

Well to put it another way, I don't think that could have happened in the US because our officers do carry weapons.

Guns, guns, guns..... Not always the answer, you know.

In the US, you have cops killing people daily, sometimes for trivial matters. Other times, you have the police turned on to such an extent you have whole cities ablaze in riots.

But, to answer your question, only trained firearms officers can carry weapons and they are only called out when other officers are faced with armed criminals, which we thankfully have relatively few of, despite the media hype saying otherwise.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow. Times have changed. I lived in England 21 years ago.

Back then it was a punk rock scene and the little gangs in the townships were always fighting each other, throwing bricks at each other etc.

I remember after going to a club, when it closed there was always a fight, people getting naked in the club and throwing chairs, etc. But they did not dress in the clothes you are mentioning. They were always punked out.

Ill have to go online and check that out.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I can relate this very well to a situation of my own.

A bully hit my little brother drawing blood in the park behind my house, naturally I went back down the park with him and stayed there whilst he played. (I did not attack back as he is from one of those families where if you do, you can say good bye to your windows and cars.) After a while this little kid who was now with three other people his own age threw his bike at me, which went too far so I picked it up and launched it away.

Before you could say 'Lets just go home' His dad (A very 'hard' man indeed had shown up with a bunch of other people because I had apparently now hit this little kid. Thank God there were some other adults in the park who came over and said what had happened.

If this girl new the attackers, it does not matter what really happened, only what she says happened. They will attack for some sort of 'honour'.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Guns, guns, guns..... Not always the answer, you know.

In the US, you have cops killing people daily, sometimes for trivial matters. Other times, you have the police turned on to such an extent you have whole cities ablaze in riots.

Well when cops have guns, you are not going to have a bunch of punks, disrespect, and pick a fight with a cop. Unless they are armed themselves and have a death wish.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well when cops have guns, you are not going to have a bunch of punks, disrespect, and pick a fight with a cop. Unless they are armed themselves and have a death wish.

Exactly, you up the ante and the criminals do too. I'd rather have a fist fight between cops and chavs happen than a gun fight.

No guns here, thank you. I rather like the fact that our police aren't jumped up ex-marines with a gun fetish and a severe ego problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

We have a family like that in the town I used to live in, I still live about an hour away. They were pretty hard nosed when they were together or with friends. On their own they never started anything and often tried to even be friendly so that they would not be beaten.
This family has nearly killed people by either beating them or buy stabbing them. One has been accused of statutory rape and nothing has been done. This family basically runs the town most of the time. It is a small town so it has few cops and even they are afraid of the revenge that would be taken out on them. The best thing that can happen with this family is for them to finally interbreed themselves out of existence. Sadly though that will take a great deal of time.

This family has backed down when confronted by another group of people but will later do what they can to find them out by themselves and deal with it then. Most simply try to avoid being around them. It is sad that there are people out there like this.

Raist

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
30 people, a likely story. Sounds to me like these coppers got owned by a couple of girls, and invented the 30 people story to save their embarrassment. This really sounds like a load of tosh to me. Let me guess, other injuries besides the bite marks are handbag bruises and scratched faces.

It's true i'm afraid, my friend saw it. She didn't know the details of what had happened till she saw the news on tv but there was a huge crowd of people out of control, plus cars and dogs.

The problem is many youngsters have no respect anymore, they think they are untouchable and can be as aggressive as they please. To make things worse their parents are generally just as bad, I know this for a fact as I am surrounded by many of these families where I live.

Just to give you an idea of the mentality they have, my friend came back from taking my small white dog for a walk last night. She said that she couldn't take her to the park as there were too many kids hanging around. My dog has a habit of doing the pointer thing when she sees someone in the distance that might be interesting, so she stops and 'points' at these kids and one of them says in a menacing way, "Oi whats your dog looking at?" Can you believe that?!! Thats like asking "What's your baby looking at?" Anyway my friend made a quick exit, she's not the type to be easily intimidated but they were all very drunk and shouting and she believed he was seriously feeling intimidated by my little white dog....hahaha woof!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Since the girl was incapable of being decent, the police could of diffused the situation by picking up the garbage themselves and held their heads high for being decent. Maybe everyone would have leaned a lesson had the police put themselves above it, instead they chose to escalate the situation and somehow angered the crowd who lost respect for the way they acted.

The Police were getting paid and maybe part of it should be making an example instead of handing out tickets and taking people to jail over such stupid stuff. Now instead of the girl having a memory of when she was an imbecile and the police showed her a better way, she will have a memory of a battle where there were more wrongs committed than rights and she brought them down to her level.

Not true - If the crowd believes the cops our out of line they will render the cops impotent as they did in this thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yes i know it is funny.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
And it shows todays youth have a discipline problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Its just pretty sad when the cops are unarmed and can't even protect THEMSELVES. Sheesh a lot of good they would be if they were called to protect unarmed civilians that are being attacked by thug/mobs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join