It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no uprising in America.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Alight, I dont have to make anything up, the facts historical or othewise are there if you care to do some research. But I find people with your and Gormly's mentality would not believe the truth when its staring them in the face so whats the point.

This whole site is about denying ignorance, if you want to be ignorant thats your choice but it dose not alter the facts or history. And just because certain events or issues have not happened yet does not mean they will not.

Shouting people down or calling BS does not chang anything and certainly not your narrow mind, view of history or anything else. People are either aware or unaware its a choice, you can live your life blind or you can open your mind its a simple as that.

Rather than just stating that you think people are wrong it is for you to prove otherwise and not the other way round.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS: High School Edition

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Still don’t want to reply to my other post huh? I’m not surprised. I’ll get back to that…

Learn how to format, and then maybe I could read enough of your posts to respond. Trust me, its pretty easy to respond to you because your not much of a intellectual challenge.

I said this: Your way of thinking is why people allow history repeats itself. Next time a person shows up who is reminiscent of Hitler in Germany you can tell those citizens not to get their panties in a twist.

How does my statement in any way, shape, or form imply that the US is similar to Germany? My statement was meant to point out the OP’s useless logic.

You are the one attempting to claim history repeats itself, and you use the analogy of Hitler and Germany. What is the point of using this if your not making any sort of comparison? Using Hitler has a very specific connotation, one which you could not get by using any other connotation. If you didn't mean a comparison you would never have stated this. You know exactly what you meant, and now your denying it when someone called you out on it.

I said this: Things are going wrong in this country; people who are comfortable such as you will ignore that until it affects them.

You said this: What a nice way to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you: if you don't agree, its just because YOU have it easy!

I never said that. SHOW me in my post where I said that? I was simply suggesting the OP may be against the thought of citizen back lash because they do not live in the climate of tensions others do.

You just stated that people who are comfortable ignore whats going wrong until effects them. In other words, those who have it nice just ignore all the horrible things going on. You are attempting to dismiss the OP on the claim that he must have it easy, because he ignores all the things you think are wrong with the country. This is a classical populist tactic.

I said this: The more people affected by the war, economy, or a disaster the more people will respond. Such as those who were being contained with out due process.

You said this: Like whom? You mean suspected terrorist detainees whom the Supreme Court of the united States gave due process rights?

I said this: Do you often answer your own questions? You do realize many of the people detained for months were cleared of all charges, this is why the courts decided those people deserved the right to have actually done something that would warrant an arrest, or evidence that would lead to the need for immediate detaining of said person. The government could not even prove that every individual in the slightest had committed a crime or conspired in a way that required their arrest, can you?

You, as usual, fail to give any evidence for your statements. The courts decided to give them due process rights in order to create a political circus. The government has indeed provided enough evidence that these people had committed enough crimes to be held as a illegal combatant. This is a different status because these are not US citizens. Learn the law.

I said this: No one really starts to care until the government is snatching up you or a family member of yours and holding them in containment, while experiencing mental and physical torture. The more people who are government treated unjustly, the more suites were filed against the government.

You said this: What United States citizen has been snatched up by the government and held in containment and tortured?

Where did I mention US citizens? Did I use the word US citizen ANYWHERE in my post?

This is the United States government were talking about, and you and I are United States citizens. You are the one attempting to pump up a horrible picture of the US as a citizen, and yet can't provide any evidence that things are as horrible as you like because you can't provide a single example.

I said this: We are the true bosses, we run the show—so until we hold the people we put in to power to the standards we’d like them to rule our country by we have no one to blame but ourselves, but obediently submitting to our government, denying its wrong doings and flaws, and supporting lies and corruption does absolutely nothing to solve our problems.

You said this: In other words, you'd prefer a Government for You instead of Government for the People. Because its not really about how the people want the show to be run - the people vote - and how government is currently run is the will of the people - they do not vote the politicians out of office.

I said this: How exactly do the people currently run the show? If the people currently ran the show the people in office with negative ratings above 70% would be out. The Bush Administration would have been kicked to the curb. If people ran the show the president’s impeachment would be put up to vote by the people, for wrong doings committed against the people.

The United States Government is not your personal American Idol competition. Public opinion right now is low, it may be high in a few months, it has gone up and down as it always has. That is why we don't throw out politicians because you don't like them, because they'd be thrown out so often the government wouldn't exist. That is why people vote: and they voted in the last batch of people less than 2 years ago. They keep voting in the same people.

Keep this up, and I'll start playing the drama game too. Its really going to irritate you when I start telling you I just didn't say what I just said, and then turning around and asking you why you can't reply to what I just said.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
There will no martial law...

Mmm...plucky grows weary of some of you people here at ATS. I've said it a billion times, we are living under martial law. Go read General Orders 100. So, point in fact, you are wrong!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Ahhh no. Lets not insult everyone who doesn't agree with your stance.

Cheers,
ALIEN

[edit on 15-7-2008 by alien]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Good sir,
Of course American troops will not be ordered against Patriotic American citizens, their the ones dying from DU poisoning while fighting for lies in far away places. ( Its not their fault, its the leaders that put them their )
It will be U.N. troops called in to protect the interests of all the countries that OWN most of what we see. The U.S.A has been sold out from underneath our feet. ( Anyone notice Anheuser-Busch was bought by Belgium's biggest brewery? So much for the great American beer. )
Do a little research and you will find Britain, China, Japan and many other nations own way more of America than the citizens that were born and raised here do.
This is not about doom and gloom, its about the reality we have all ignored for too long.

"Truth is our friend, fact is their enemy."

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
...like the OP (well, my perception of where the OP might be coming from)...I kinda think the greater majority of people won't do jack-crap...

...why? Apathy...and lack of balls to be honest.

People will hiss and moan and beat their chests and fire off the odd letter to the Editor of the local rag - but at the end of the day they will sit and they will stew in their own houses in front of their own TVs hissing and moaning about the state of things and how 'something' must be done, 'someone' has to act...

...and that will be the extent of it...

Why would I hold such an opinion? Experience.

I come from a background of my own people getting fecked over by my own country's system...and a background of active protesting to try and challenge and affect change. From the age of nine.

9 years old was the first time stood in a protest line and faced suited up, battoned up, riot squads...while protesting a South African Rugby Tour.
9 years old was the first time I got beat down by those Riot Squads and a large bunch of enraged Rugby Fans who had missed out on their cancelled Rugby game so decided to descend upon us and beat the crap outa whomever they could.
Oh you bet they made no distinction about age or gender...I got smashed over and kicked in right alongside men, women and the elderly within our Protest line.
9 years old was where my experience with Active protesting started...and from that point on I was involved in many many protests around Rights, Land Marches, challenging how our Govt dealt with our people. And I say Active protesting for a reason - many as I said above will verbally protest, will hiss and moan loud and long, but when push comes to shove you don't hear or see them standing beside you as the battons start coming down and the boots start going in.

Its my experience that the greater majority of people are either too apathetic, too shattered, too scared, too loudmouthed but lacking in action, too for-whatever-reason to actually get off their collective butts, get out there and risk getting their teeth kicked in (or worse) for what they truly believe in.

People can say they are...but again...push, shove, batton, kick...where are they???

Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Take a gander at some of the legislation the bushies have come up with in the last few years,but of course,that is such dry reading that the majority havent' read it.
If there is not a plan of some sort in the works,they certainly are making sure that they are prepared for......?..
Governments cannot be trusted,soldiers and armies are just murderers.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by gormly
There will no martial law...

Mmm...plucky grows weary of some of you people here at ATS. I've said it a billion times, we are living under martial law. Go read General Orders 100. So, point in fact, you are wrong!

Wrong. On September 15, 1863, Lincoln imposed Congressionally-authorized martial law. The authorizing act allowed the President to suspend habeas corpus throughout the entire United States. Lincoln imposed the suspension on "prisoners of war, spies, or aiders and abettors of the enemy," as well as on other classes of people, such as draft dodgers. The President's proclamation was challenged in ex parte Milligan (71 US 2 [1866]). The Supreme Court ruled that Lincoln's imposition of martial law (by way of suspension of habeas corpus) was unconstitutional.

so that would of ended the martial law part of the lieber code, aka general order 100. Seeing that it was april 24, 1863 and on sept the Supreme Court declared it unconstitutional. But good try. Maybe do some more research next time, instead of reading a blog and believing it.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Alleged bioterror and the subsequent effort to either contain the organism or protect the population is the one means I can see for the massive crackdown on the US population and concentration camp like settings etc. Beyond that, it'd be pretty tough...

-v

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well if they are gonna do all this crazy crazy stuff they better hurry up, bushes term is almost up! Oh yeah the other candidates work for the "elite" so they will just continue to carry out the sneaky plans of the scary NWO. I used to post on this site and lurk daily, its been a few months and wow its amazing how your outlook on life changes when you stop reading the drivel spewed here.

The economy is sound, its the financial sector that is hurting. Things have been on the up and up for so long many forgot what its like when the market isnt doing so good. A set back is just a set up for a come back.

Uh Oh prison camps?! Do ya really think people are gonna get rounded up and thrown in internment camps just because.... honestly take a step back and look at that statement. Yes it happened in WWII, but there was a difference, we were under attack by the japanese on our home soil.

Everyone claims about all these rights they have lost, I was one of them for a while, then I took a step back and really wondered, is my life really any different now that I lost all these "rights" than it was before 9/11? Nope it sure isnt, ok so they can read the dirty text messages I send to my girlfriend, be my guest, at least they know I'm gettin some.

Have the police begun to overstep their bounds? Probably not anymore than before, its just that in the information age nothing goes unnoticed, and in this day and age nobody wants to work hard for money, they wanna make a quick buck on a lawsuit. Have some of the instances been out of line? sure they have, but sometimes people make bad judgement calls, it happens, its life an nobody is perfect.

SOund slike the world is gonna enddddd! I'm runnin for the hills!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To be honest, i agree with everything gormly is saying, i joined this site because i was interested in conspiracies. Nowadays because the whole worlds going through a bad patch, prices are going up, people are getting poorer etc, this seems to be a cue for some members on ATS to go "THE GOVERNMENT IS MAKING THE PRICES GO UP BY DOING THIS AND DOING THAT AND THEY'LL CALL MARTIAL LAW AND LOCK PEOPLE UP AND MAKE THEM SLAVES IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, AND SOLDIERS WILL SHOOT THEIR OWN FATHERS AND MOTHERS AND BROTHERS!"

It's nonsense and for ATS to be taken seriously there needs to be serious filtering on which topics stay open and make it into the 'Hot Topics' (no, filtering topics is not allowing ignorance to prevail *sigh*) because anyone can start a topic these days saying "OMGZ! I'M SURE I SAW GEORGE BUSH'S EYES TURN TO SLITS! OMGZZZZZ HES A REPTILIAN! THE WHOLE GOVERNMENTS IN ON IT! ... ACTUALLY NO, MAKE THAT EVERY GOVERNMENT!"

Reading through some of this crap, and thats what a vast majority of it is, crap; is getting really tedious to be honest, and like i said its a shame because i enjoy reading alot of good stuff on here.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Well now let see,You must be very young yourself, because you have forgotten YOUR history. Remember a little war called WWII,I seem to remember the "the everyday people" you talked about , looking the other way as millions of their fellow germans were lead to the ovens. I find it very hard to believe the german people did not know somthing was going on,after all ,human flesh when it burns, does give off a nasty smell...The American gernerals who liberated the camps forced the "everyday people" to come to the camps to witness what was going on there and to help bury the dead. Everyday people have always looked the other way. Slavery in the south, people looked the other way. I could go on and on. It seems to be human nature .

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
says you! just cuz u dont want it or u wont be part of it dont mean we wont do something.. i dont care if im the only man out there raising hell than so be it..but unless alot of things change than im goin at it

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

have you read rothschild's manifesto? have you compared it to the goings on today with the genectic food source?
i do rememer savings and loan which bush was involved with, this was testing and induction for many.
did you hear ken leagh say "everyone else is doing it?" have you heard this in the history which is merely what they write? re; aaron burr.
do you believe what you read or what your conditioned brain conduces from what you see?
has this coutry or others ever let millions of people die before?
don't think you will be one of them?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I would assume that you are one that lives well. If you're someone who has to struggle from day to day to make ends meets, I doubt that you would be making some of the claims you are.

Seriously, gormly, have you taken a good, hard, clean, unfiltered look at what is taking place around ya? Huh? Have you taken a look at how the price of everything has jumped 8% over the last year? Have you taken notice that people are having to choose between food and gasoline in their car? Either choice they make leads to the same one basically. You either eat now and don't put gas in your car and lose your job and everything else, starve. Or, alternately, you don't don't eat now put gas in your car and starve. Yeah, that's some choice.

If you honestly think that people are going to abide this without some reaction, you are living in the world of naivete.

Nah, I don't think that is enough to cause an uprising.
You'd have to take away ipods, botox, home depot credit cards, fox news and "reality TV" for that to happen.

I have to agree with you 100 percent.
How is it that in this day and age, people are still oblivious to reality?
I am finding it hard these days not to lose my cool over this sad part of the truth. The more time goes on, the more angry I get.

To those of you still oblivious: Good Luck, you'll need it!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The problem is that gromly and the people agreeing with him are lumping all conspiracies and believers of them into one group. Bush being a reptilian seems to be a far different kind of post than one saying an economic downturn could lead to civil unrest (not that I think either should be censored).

If you have a problem with a certain kind of thread, don't post on it. The problem I have with the original post is that it asserts that all theories that are put out saying the US economy will lead to Martial law, or people being detained, are crap. I think this is absolutely false. Even if you don't agree with the theory posed in these threads, there are still some people have good discussion and posing good evidence, on both sides of the issue.

The problem with this thread, (and a few others I have seen like it recently) is that it seems to be a wholesale effort to discredit any information raised by someone whom the poster doesn't agree with. Instead of going to one of the threads mentioned, and posting logical reasons why the individual claim can't be true, you are just asserting they are all false. This does nothing to drive the search for real truth to those of us that are honestly looking for it.

Its as unhelpful as if I would make a thread saying to is no chance the economy can be saved, and then lump people who disagree with me into groups that seem ridiculous (ie all people agreeing are government yes men, or rich). Now maybe the kind of thread I mentioned above does exists. Does that mean its a good post? No.

I also agree that there are many other bad threads on the CT side of things that makes claims with no evidence to back them up. They have every right to post this, and if you have every right to ignore it. Anyone interested in actually seeking the truth will also put little stock into these claims.

As far as the challenge you issue, the "one rule" you post is actually a serious of assertions you make that would render your challenge impossible. For example, you say we can't ignore American ingenuity and human compassion, but these are just assumptions you make without evidence to back them up. Any possible scenario I can come up with, no matter how much evidence I have behind it, you will just say "yeah, but you forget Americans are compassionate, and they have great ingenuity, so it would never happen".

You have therefore setup a trap that you can use to say "See, I issued a challenge and no one can meet it. Therefore, all of these conspiracies are false". This to me seems to be a deflection strategy in order to escape debating the merits of the good ATS posters that provide well thought out positions with evidence behind them. If you are truly interested in finding the truth, why set up this ridiculous challenge?

Bottom line: post like this are harmful to the overall mission of denying ignorance. If you disagree with a threads theory, post on that thread and back your claims up with evidence, instead of trying to wholesale discredit all of these theories.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!!!! SOMEONE ACTUALLY GETS IT!!! Yes Yes Yes!!!!

I joined the air force because I wanted to protect people. I am a firefighter because I want to help save lives. I have friends, I drink beer, watch porn, have a wonderful girlfriend and a dog. I am an American citizen just like everyone else. I grew up watching the same cartoons, went to the same schools, and played in the same neighborhoods. I am who I am because I heard a call to duty to protect you all, and I answered it. I am a good guy, and the majority of my squadren are the same, they just want to do the right thing and help people. There is no need to fear the government, while once in a while we may be a pain in the ass (trust me ive been there lol) for the most part we are here to help you. Its called "PUBLIC SERVICE" for a reason folks come on now.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountain19

i do rememer savings and loan which bush was involved with, this was testing and induction for many.

So were the Clintons. 90% of politicians are some what questionable and get away with things the average american can't. However that in no way implies there is anything more sinister than taking advantage of a unregulated system. Heck even Obama got a favorable mortgage on his home. www.ireport.com... And some of you all think he is going to bring change to washington. He hasn't even been in politics that long and he is already taking advantage of the system. And who can blame them. If I could get a favorable loan or a loan I would not have to pay back I would take it in a second.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

C'mon

You think your governemnt will be there to help you when things happen. Look at the New Orleans disaster.. our milirtary stretched thin... if several "natural" disasters happen that impede any train, trucking route or anything... we are all screwed..., all specualtion ehh... one solar flair can knock out all satellites in a spit... no internet, gps, cell phones blah blah... we take everything for granted, a culture whose eye is not on the proverbial ball, but glued to a media stream. You bet that you better be ready, cause on this p[lanet, in this country you pay taxes too, your government will nbot be here to help you in your small town jerkwater USA. We are all pretty much on our own. I hope you all have good neighbors and freinds and have talked about what you will do in the event of catsterophe (earthquakes, hurricanes, solar flares, asteroids, floods, virus outbreaks, nuclear holcasut)..these things are a reality now. We live in a violent and scary world. The percentage of people in the world that think of preparation are thinking out of the box. Can you mnake a CD player from scratch, a car, build a garden and can food. If no one is there to do things for us, we are screwed big time. BEtter start learning how to take care of your own, just in case. The time is now as it always was.

"Those who have ears ought to hear".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join