It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no uprising in America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Your great fallacy, gormly, is that you too are making an unfounded statement and thus not proving a single sentiment of your OP. Can you see the future?

To sit there and say, "Well, nothing bad has happened yet!" does not prove your point.

Do you think families in Germany were aware of what was going on in 1934? Don;t you think that people running around crying foul were laughed at and responded to in similar ways you are responding now?

It is important for people to be aware of what is happening around them. Should it consume their life in paranoia? No. Should people be prepared just in case? YOU BET.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Really?

www.youtube.com...

cococay.blogspot.com...

I hope was just a joke. We are hoping that those in the National Guard take a stand when told to disarm American citizens.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Completely agree. There is a large contingent of people on this board who day in and day out tell us that things are just about to end. The government is just about to fall....martial law is just about to be declared....the economy is going to collapse....the American empire is about to fall...etc. All the while, ignoring the very real amount of bad things the government is doing which have nothing to do with their conspiracies. They have been doing this for years. They are always wrong, but they always find some new crises that is "just around the corner" to switch to and completely ignore all the other ones they were wrong about.

Their goal? They think if they can pump up utter doom and gloom enough, that they can make it happen. This is true to an extent. If you constantly tell people how horrible they have it and how their lives suck and its none of their fault, and they are gullible enough to believe you, they will create their own doom. Some of the doom and gloom forum gang here does this mainly because they live completely normal lives and and extremely upset that life isn't fair and they don't have the life they'd like. They think if they wish hard enough they can make their life exciting by turning it into the next Rambo or Armageddon movie. The rest of them have a political motive - whenever their political party is not in power, its utter Armageddon - whenever it is in power - the world is utopia.

To those who offer a dose of reality, their tactics are as follows: accuse you of being an "elite" to appeal to populist propaganda posters and because surely the average person is facing utter doom and gloom (already did that, I see), accuse you of being a government disinformation agent (thats next), making vague and scary illusions to horrific wars and economic events of the past without hard evidence of how they are similar (in progress), accuse you of being a blinded fool while they are enlightened and all knowing (in progress), and pointing to some small event which happens frequently but has a negative association with it as proof that the end is nigh (in progress).

However, this won't get far on this board. The doom and gloom forum gang is/already has begun attacking you. Their job is to obsfucate from the facts and to distract others with visions of terror and hysteria. However, just know that the vast majority of ATS agrees with you.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just a Question , and let me state that i partially agree with Geezer Gromly...how long are people gonna be saying the same thing? I know things like this happen in a slow gradual way ..but come on worse has happened in the US before and then it rectified itself ..i have been hearing thjese US is theories for the last 6 years or so before that it was my grandfather...i mean come on it seems most of you want somethig to happen the way you are batteling to get your negative the world is buggered facts through. If somehting is gonna happen lets hear it whats the time limit 2 years 4 years 10 years 15 what when ..prove it ...thats all just prove it. How say how long we have to wait. this unbelievable guys i mean come on concentration camps in the 21 century ...hahhahhahahah i love this site i really do .

[edit on 15-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I wonder how many thought as you before the Civil War - that wasn't going to happen? Don't worry about it friend, we'll take care of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Your post makes NO sense at all, you think despite ALL the news about rising gas prices, food shortages, home foreclosures and bank failures are just going to 'go away quietly' ??

I've seen what happens just from the aftermath of a localized disaster (hurricane)....people absolutely LOSE their MINDS! normal people normally law abiding citizens steal food, water, batteries, while others do stupid things like loot stores for electronics...Uhhh HELLO there's no electricity!!!

Anyne would be foolish to think their won't be a violent uprising when all that's going on sinks into and affects everyone.

ATS has been infiltrated by trolls (no doubt government funded trolls) and I've noticed this for a good while now. I wish that moderators would stop the kind of post that stirs the pot like the OP did over something that's plain as the nose on your face...the US (by it's own government) is being gutted and imaging The Powers That be will keep it up till it's time to push the 'button' rather than admit they screwed up and try to fix what can no longer be fixed....we're done for and many more each day are waking up to that fact.

But...then again, who am I to tamper with your 'reality' of what's going on right in front of you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Your post makes NO sense at all, you think despite ALL the news about rising gas prices, food shortages, home foreclosures and bank failures are just going to 'go away quietly' ??

I've seen what happens just from the aftermath of a localized disaster (hurricane)....people absolutely LOSE their MINDS! normal people normally law abiding citizens steal food, water, batteries, while others do stupid things like loot stores for electronics...Uhhh HELLO there's no electricity!!!

Anyne would be foolish to think their won't be a violent uprising when all that's going on sinks into and affects everyone.

ATS has been infiltrated by trolls (no doubt government funded trolls) and I've noticed this for a good while now. I wish that moderators would stop the kind of post that stirs the pot like the OP did over something that's plain as the nose on your face...the US (by it's own government) is being gutted and imaging The Powers That be will keep it up till it's time to push the 'button' rather than admit they screwed up and try to fix what can no longer be fixed....we're done for and many more each day are waking up to that fact.

But...then again, who am I to tamper with your 'reality' of what's going on right in front of you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Gormly, you claim we should look up our history. That is such an a$$-backwards statement I'm not sure why I am even replying to your thread.

If you, or anyone, were to review your history thoroughly, (and I'm not talking about your high school education) you would find these types of scenarios happen frequently, and that history repeats itself.

So in short, your post is completely wrong. The economy WILL fail, people WILL be starving, and eventually the people WILL have to overthrow the government. I'm not saying next week, month, or year, but someday. It could be hundreds of years before anything that catastrophic happens.

But if you review your history, you might find that there ARE similarities between our country, government and economy, and other happenings that eerily resemble the late 1920's America, as well as the 1930's GERMANY. These are the "warning signs" and should be taken into account.

Please go make ridiculous claims somehwere else, where people don't actaully know their history, nor their present.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TroyB

Oh my, I AM good. I was absolutely positively spot on.

To those who offer a dose of reality, their tactics are as follows: accuse of being elite because surely the average person is facing utter doom and gloom (already did that, I see), accuse you of being a government disinformation agent (thats next) making vague and scary illusions to horrific wars and economic events of the past without hard evidence of how they are similar (in progress), accuse you of being a blinded fool while they are enlightened and all knowing (in progress), and pointing to some small event which happens frequently but has a negative association with it as proof that the end is nigh (in progress).

We can now check "accuse you of being a government disinformation agent" off the list.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You want a scenario?

How about this one.

A massive natural disaster utterly destroys a large area and through sheer government incompetence, there's no law, no order, no food, and no medical response to anything in that area for an extended period of time.

I know.. sounds ridiculous and couldn't ever happen, right?

"Survivalism" doesn't just mean preparing for the end of the world, it means preparing for disaster and being ready to live through it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I just realized something. You keep asking us to have a sense of history, and I certainly can''t argue with that, but you are also referring to a rational educated public that existed then, the 80% rural (live off the land public), not the mind numb public which now resides in urban mega cities. I wonder how irrational pissed off people who A. Choose money as their God B. Have it all figured out are going to behave when they find their banks closed and cupboards empty. I am willing to bet violently. I wonder how the Govt. is going to "Handle" an irrational pissed off public. Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Do you think families in Germany were aware of what was going on in 1934? Don;t you think that people running around crying foul were laughed at and responded to in similar ways you are responding now?

Actually "They were killed alongside the Jews if I remember correctly, but of course that was Germany. That kind of thing would never happen in Amerika." (cough)

[edit on 15-7-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

read the bible friend at some point in time most people will worship a world dictator.germany and hitler was a small taster.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by gormly

Really?

www.youtube.com...

Starred - For what its worth - Blackwater elected not to take part in this little operation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by gormly

and any given day there are 2 dozen posts like this going on.

this site is for alternitave topice. if you dont like it leave. and dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out, because i dont want a$$ prints on my door.

why join a conspricy site if you dont want to read this "crap", as you put it.

or is this thread just a sad attempt for you to get points?

If you disagree with people speaking their minds on here then maybe you should leave.

I would argue that posts arguing a lack of conspiracy and events, is in itself - a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ok so military wouldent go against their own citazens? have you heard of the kent state shootings? en.wikipedia.org...

oh and cops wont open fire on their own people because of protests? what about the orangeburg incident?
en.wikipedia.org...

food prices and shortages wont cause deadly riots? what about the boston bread riots? en.wikipedia.org...

as for the us against them idea well the police have a long bloody history of killing civilians during civil unrest for instance the memmorial day massacre of 1937 en.wikipedia.org...

these are just a few example out of many that show that it could indeed end up with citazens against police or miliatary and riots over food prices or shortages. you wanted history to back it up there you go if you need more just ask and ill provide it . but the point is the history of the usa is full of examples of violence, riots, cival unrest, and military and law enforcers attacking civilians.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't believe the government will suddenly "crack-down" on the general populace, thereby causing rioting and unrest, resulting in martial law. I AM concerned that slowly, over time, we will simply accept it as those in power, who I DO feel see the general population as lesser-beings, take away simple liberties in the name of "politcal-correctness" and "the war on terror". I'm afraid I have no concrete evidence to offer, except the rather astute observations of people like George Orwell, Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, Issac Assimov, and Robert Silverburg.

Yes, most of them wrote science-fiction, but old science fiction was heavily based on observations of human nature and the behaviors it can lead to. It makes me sad and apprehensive to see a pre-Farenheit 451 world in the making.

That was a world with a vague war going on, that no one could (or would) completely define, that seemed to have little hope of ending soon. But this didn't bother the everyday person because they were caught up in the ongoing/interactive television/entertainment constantly in their faces. They were more concerned with what was to happen on the next installment of their reality TV than their children or spouses. They didn't question their society. They spent time in diversions and amusements, driving along highways with mile-long billboards (anything shorter was illegible because people drove so fast). Advertising was everywhere, at all times.
Most think it was simply a story about books being burned. I think they might miss the reason for that - the books "didn't agree". Some offended the sensibilities of groups of society. The weren't politically correct. Freedom of speech and the press allows you to read/listen to material and form your own opinions about the given material, and could even compare and contrast conflicting views to come up with your amalgamation of the "truth". The fictional society of "451" allowed their government to slowly start telling what was acceptable to read. Once begun, the censorship spread to where only "approved" ideas were allowed, and the troublesome, disagreeable books had to be destroyed.

In a way this is like 1984's NewSpeak, an abbrieviated language where words were slowly being weeded out to restrict the ability of individual thought. That book explains at the end that the goal of those in power is usually to simply gain more power. I'd like to think our representative government has our desires and best interest at heart, but I wonder if keeping their seats of power is more important to many of them that actually helping America stay great.

An actively thinking society isn't as easily distracted or controlled. A new video game or cell phone or SUV won't placate all of them.

I worry that people can easily be led into actually voting away their rights by believing that it's for their benefit. I abhor the invention of "Homeland Security". It reminds me of a political cartoon I saw years back (sorry, can't find it anywhere online) where a fence called "Security" was being built by taking planks off a house called "Privacy". Here's another cartoon with a similar feel -

I don't think our government would be so stupid as to blatantly take away the very rights that make America what it is. I DO think that lawmakers have begun to act as overbearing parents who cannot seem to let us make our own decisions, and by "helping us", they will slowly vote away our rights in the guise of "helping assume responsibility" for us...

Freedom means the freedom to excel - AND the freedom to fail. I feel that the our country's preoccupation with the acquisition of things over personal achievement and the lack of people taking personal responsibility for their actions and circumstances has led us to where we are now, and might drive us to a very bad place we might take decades to recover.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Sheeple]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Can't seem to get the cartoon link to post - lemme try again:
haacked.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I have only one answer to that. How it comes down in the end is anybodys guess.

"We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it.The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent." Quote by: James Paul Warburg(1896-1969) son of Paul Moritz Warburg, nephew of Felix Warburg and of Jacob Schiff, both of Kuhn, Loeb & Co. which poured millions into the Russian Revolution through James' brother Max, banker to the German government, Chairman of the CFR

He said this to the U.S. senate in 1950.

quotes.liberty-tree.ca...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i mean come on concentration camps in the 21 century ...

en.wikipedia.org...

On January 24, 2006 Halliburton’s subsidiary KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown and Root) announced that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build "temporary detention and processing facilities" or internment camps. According to Business Wire, this contract will be executed in cooperation with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District. Critics point to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp as a possible model. According to a press release posted on the Halliburton website, "The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs. The contingency support contract provides for planning and, if required, initiation of specific engineering, construction and logistics support tasks to establish, operate and maintain one or more expansion facilities."[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill. Section 1076 of the new law changes Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widens the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The new law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The 2008 Defense Authorization Bill, H.R. 1585, repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill, [3] but was pocket vetoed by President George W. Bush. [4] A new bill, H.R. 4986, has been passed which also repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill. [5]

The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[1] In order for military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--

(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--

(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and

(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or

(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--

(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by KMFNWO]or other condition,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join