It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no uprising in America.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Warning:

This thread was started, and has been maintained in accordance with US Army FM 100-6: Information Operations; FM 3-05.30: Psychological Operations; and FM2-22.9:: Open-Source Intelligence.

The OP, and several other posters in this thread are stationed at USNORTHCOM and are operating out of Miami and Homestead, FL.

The purpose of this operation, in conjunction with approximately 215 similar posts on this and other websites, is to determine exactly the amount of animosity held towards the US government at this time, to what extent people are willing to express it (violence and 'revolution'), and network and link analysis of primary voices, locations and centers of activity (your IP addresses).

If you buy into any of "Gormly's" and other USNORTHCOM crap, then you are not expressing your freedom of speech, you're giving them a map to your location.

When you see obviously, badly inflammatory threads, such as this one, DO NOT RESPOND. IF YOU THINK MARTIAL LAW AND WHATNOT ARE A REALITY (AND IT IS) DO NOT RESPOND. ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR USERNAME. Use a library computer (that you don't have to provide ID to use) or internet cafe. Don't play into their hands. That's all from me.

-Fmr. Army Psyops guy

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hmm...it looks like there's a civil war going on IN ATS.

Doom Gloomers VS. Nay-Sayers

I'm a Doom Gloomer.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I have also been noticing these stupid governmental attempts at "policing" ATS and acting like one of us and reassuring "move along people, nothing to see here". No stock market crash, no new monetary system, no new government that removes our rights or shreds our constitutional rights and oh yeah, there will be no rebellions against a tyrant/tyrants either. Let me tell YOU and all others who come into our pasture dressed like a sheep in wolves clothing. You stand out like a sore thumb and your words fall on deaf ears. Just because you say it won't happen doesn't mean it won't happen. I believe shortly before 1776 we DID do this. You see, it doesn't take a whole nation to get this started it takes nothing but a small handful of intelligent, freedom loving men as a catalyst and the rest will follow. Like a cop getting beat on the side of a street, the freedom loving people usually come to his rescue to help. As in 1775-1783 the American people will be known in the near future, not as sheep, but as a viper that only tried to live in peace until you gave him no other choice. The American people, pushed to their limit will certainly run rough-shot like mad bulls over any adversity laid in their path. You are wrong. The beauty of freedom is that you can say what you want, just as you did. The danger lies in lying to yourself and believing it. I assure you that the American people will bring white hot fires of Hell to our nation and burn it up before letting a Tyrant enslave us willingly. You and all of your nay-saying friends are welcome here to try to drown fish in water (meaning spreading your lies to intelligent people and thinking that it is working) you are welcome here, but just know that YOU are the nerd at this party and will get nothing from us but laughs and mockery because you speak of an America of peace, love, prosperity and gain, and servile contentment where there is obviously war, hatred of YOUR kind, thievery, and an attempt to enslave our people and turn us over to another country to do their bidding. Want proof? Just know that George Bush Sr. got "knighted" on December 20th 1993 into the "Order of the Garter" which is an allegiance ceremony of Europe to the Queen Elizabeth II. The core of the committee of 300 (European Nobility). Now why would America's leader bow in servitude to the Queen of another country? I think it's clear that we were hijacked awhile back and his son is no different. So welcome to ATS,but sit in the corner like a good nerd and let us throw darts and spitballs at you while we laugh at your feeble attempt to further brainwash us into an illusionary fantasy world of bankers and corrupt politicians holding hands with lawyers, singing and dancing in a circle, celebrating the free monthly checks we all receive from the Rothchilds to make our lives just a little better, all the while loving the serenity of our peaceful homes that were not just stolen from us by the banks...(illusion) and watching the fruitful campaigns of beating peace into other countries by dropping bombs on them (er' sharing our wealth) and killing (er' sending them to a better place) and raping (er' making love) their citizen. Let me guess, we are raising so much Hell in these countries to get them to beg for peace right? It's all for a good cause right? Or maybe all of the evil I see and the degradation of our constitution (thanks George) is not really happening. Maybe it's just all in my head and when I wake up after this nightmare everything will be just fine. You are the idiot NOT US. You piss on our backs and tell us it's raining and we no longer believe these obvious lies. I personally make no threats whatsoever. I do know the American people and I think I can speak for all of those who you intellectually insult with every breath. You draw the line in the sand, America will cross it. YOU TAUGHT US THIS.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Phenomium]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
After listening to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" multiple times from Tom Petty's tribute performance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to George Harrison's at the Concert for Bangladesh in 1971 (he performed it with such fire and contempt in his eyes then). I may be under the influence of a bit of bias (or slightly daft from the experience) but I will give the OP's question of how this may all come about:

The US economy is driven by consumerism. With Oil Prices rising unchecked and out of control, less money is available for discretionary spending. Also large manufacturers such as the automotive industry find their product not being purchased, yet find themselves unable to adjust to consumer trends after committing to the wrong product strategy. The answer in both instances is to reduce labor expenses while restructuring. Unfortunately this leads to less purchasing power by the very public that the economy needs desperately to properly function.

As consumer spending (and by interpretation consumer confidence) lowers, investors gravitate to areas that more effectively produce money. So instead of backing industry and manufacturing (which have lower return value) or guaranteed security instruments (loans from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in housing, startup companies, etc.) they find themselves in the commodities market of Oil, Produce, Precious Metals and Raw Materials (which are a bit flat right now, so not so much investment here because the consumer is Manufacturing who is reducing product and labor at the moment). Investment in Commodities automatically increases the value due to the limited supply that is ever available at any one time, which is why the Commodities Exchange is typically volatile (hence usually avoided) for common investors. The downside to this is of course these commodities are typically necessities for the average consumer. The more they have to pay for these needs the less they have for discretionary spending.

Do we see a spiraling problem yet? It does get worse over time.

As unemployment and under paid employment rise (the only job that one can find quickly to have income to pay living expenses is typically lower than their prior job) choices have to be made in personal budgets. Some allow loan payments to slip while for others it utilities. But as foreclosures rise…the banking industry experiences some instability. It was ultimately the run on the banks that caused the Great Depression and Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) collapsed IndyMac Bank. With banks under the gun loans become restricted to ensure the bank’s survival. The Fed could introduce a lending rate of -5% (please take out some money, we will give you extra for free) and control remains in the hands of the bank on who gets this money via loans for entrepreneurs, farming upgrades, new auto and home loans. FUD works both ways as banks guard their bottom line.

In the US, the people are governed by the government (local, state and federal) by their consent to be governed. This arrangement will continue so long as the people allow it to continue. Now as tired and huddled mass, We the People may start to do a bit more than complain and beg for the government to protect us from those that are profiting off our misery.

What will be the catalyst for us (We the People) to finally say “Alright you pant loads did nothing for us so we are going to do for ourselves and first order of business is to remove you from sitting on your bulbous and ample behind while we pay you to do nothing while we suffer.” is anyone’s guess really. It could happen when gas hits $5 per gallon. It could happen when the next little child falls down the airshaft of an abandoned mine. However it does happen, the elected aristocrats in this country won’t just freely step down because we asked them to do so. It will take the people to enact their civic duty to protect the free state (nation) from domestic enemies under the full legal and guaranteed right of the Second Amendment. In other words, by Revolution.

Many in this thread have mentioned the parallels between the US today and Nazi Germany. I say, not quite. Look a bit closer at the ramp up to the Revolutionary War as the Colonies became oppressed by a tyrannical government that dictated without true representation what our debt via taxation to their endeavors was. Look at the suppression of anti-loyalist organization of the people trying to ensure their self-determination. I mean the Battle of Lexington and Concord was over the British troops coming to capture John Hancock to “shut him up”.

So many of us today say we are ready to jump when the time is right, we just need someone to lead us. Which brings my post full circle. Have a look at the lyrics to “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” I feel it is just a bit more than just a song of the time it came from if you look at from a deeper perspective since Love can mean oh so many things indeed.

And for those that don't know the song the nice cover by Tom Petty

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
[edit on 15-7-2008 by Osyris]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
[edit on 15-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
reply to post by gormly

I have also been noticing these stupid governmental attempts at "policing" ATS and acting like one of us and reassuring "move along people, nothing to see here". No stock market crash, no new monetary system, no new government that removes our rights or shreds our constitutional rights and oh yeah, there will be no rebellions against a tyrant/tyrants either. Let me tell YOU and all others who come into our pasture dressed like a sheep in wolves clothing. You stand out like a sore thumb and your words fall on deaf ears. Just because you say it won't happen doesn't mean it won't happen.

You can not actually believe that gormly or I are disinfo agents or work for the govenment. If you honestly believe that then you are way to paranoid. Hell I think the people who run our government suck. I am so sick of the BS politics. The system is far from perfect but it works. Works better here then in most places in the world. Again no one is policing ATS. No threats are being made here, so what would be the point. If they are here they are purely here for a good laugh. Did you see that reptilian photoshop the other day.
And what would be the point of us posting, other then to put another perspective on things. It is not like we are going to change anyone's mind. There is no proof either way, so you believe one side, we believe the other. You believe the government is sinister and is looking to overtake the world, we do not. At least I don't, I will not speak for gromly as I do not know him personally.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I disagree.
To anyone who has put forth effort into self informing on current global, social and economical problems. It is noticable that the catalyst, and solutions for these problems that effect society as a whole may not be the truth or reality we are lead to believe.
ATS is a facilitator for discussion and critical thinking of these topics not normaly discussed or accepted by the mainstream public. Thats it, its just a means. ATS just helps you take your blinders off. The crazy stuff you do see once the blinders are off is up to you to accept or deny. So your argument of submiting evidence of any conspiricy theory that you'll accept is 100% up to YOU. Truth is not presented, but sought after.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Nobody is trying to perpetuate anything -- as if we were making up our concern...I can't stand people who reject the idea of engaging with people in an attempt to fix a problem, just because they are too afraid to face the problem.

No, I agree, there may not be riots. But with most Americans looking away from our current problems and turning to self-denial instead, there will be needless suffering.

The smart people with money know exactly what's happening, and guess what? They aren't going to tell you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Sure it looks like things are going to crap and you could deduce that with all the indicators that the economy is on a verge of total collapse. Well if this was the first time that the United States Economy was in the crapper I would be a lot more worried. However, it is not. We have been here before and have pulled out. We will make adjustments and although some of us are struggling now we will be stronger in the end. If there was internet during the 80's the same things would of been said that are you are saying today. Heck, imagine how much worse it would have been during the cold war. There would have been a nuclear attack and end of the world threads every day. And guess what, every one of them would be wrong. Now I am not saying some of these economic disaster scenarios are impossible. I just don't believe they will happen. And as such I made a predicition. That does not make me a disinfo agent or a government employee. After all they say history repeats itself. Well if that is true we should be okay. BTW, I think I am addicted to this site. It is worse then a drug addiction. I stay away but I cannot.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Our military will NOT stand against our own citizen, it will not happen.
"four dead in Ohio"
Japanese-American detention camps.
The "Civil" war.

Dude, you are high.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Again another useless post, why not actually counter any of my arguments? Because you can not, it does not matter how YOU took my post. I clarified for you several times, if you can not debate this topic with out construing a post to fit your own perception I don’t understand why you come on a discussion board at all. You misunderstood my wording and meaning; I corrected you and clarified it for you. I even posed similar debatable questions for you and you refuse to debate the issue, instead you insult me and use the same old tired argument. If you are so afraid to debate the issue with me instead of throwing childish baiting and bickering my way then don’t reply to my post. If you do not want to debate the issues based on how I’ve presented them, not how you poorly comprehend them, then you are a waste of time.

As for proof, what proof do you want? What proof do you ask for? You said there were people suspected of terrorism, can you post any links to the people that have been released and show me that every one of them was justly detained? I’d like to see you cite a source for every claim and argument you make before you start trying to tear apart my post for not having a source. Did the Supreme Court not vote in favor of these people, did you not watch and hear their cases? Kindly address the “proof” in the arguments you put forth and I’ll do the same.

Public opinion

This isn't about public opinion, again you only pay attention to half of my post and fail to comprehend the rest. This is about wrong done against the people, such as involving the Telecomm giants.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

"There will be no uprising in America."

I agree. Americans are soft, lazy lamers who can't be bothered enough to even get off the couch and pull themselves away from American Idol long enough to realize that their government is raping them 6 ways to Sunday. It's a great time to be a politician in America. Citizens fear you, they take whatever scraps you toss them, and no worries about having your schemes come crashing down around you in a flail of pitchforks and guillotines. Kinda reminds me of ancient Rome right before it fell but unlike the Roman citizens, we Americans have no balls. As American citizens we are pathetic. The founding fathers would be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Saw this on Digg today...

THOUSANDS MARCH in WASHINGTON! - American's fed-up with the war, the President and the economy marched on Washington Saturday to promote a return to the Constitution and a more limited,conservative government.

digg.com...
RonPaulJournal.com...
www.campaignforliberty.com...

MSM in the States has not uttered a peep about this march. I Wonder why...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

You are probably right, alien.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

My worst fear is that one day I'm going to wake up, and instead of the morning news on TV, there will be a special report with news anchors telling us that the United States has fallen...just like when the Soviet Union fell in 1991. It went out with a whimper.

I don't want that for my country. I don't want my country to fall apart simply because it went bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, this is quite a ridiculous thread, but at least we are being shown who has no desire or concept of responsibility as a human. You can roll over and play fetch when the NWO sweeps in, the rest of us who care will do what we can to make a difference.

This is the mentality that hurts us all more than anything. Grow up, wake up. Play time in fantasy 9-5 world is over. You don't have all the time in the world to dance around.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

its a pipe drem for many....

call it jealousy..envy, or what ever...u know what im sayin.
it is sad

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Then why do you come to a 'conspiracy theory' website, where 99% of people disagree with your beliefs, to create such a thick point of view, ( as gormly has) if he wern't trying to change anyone's mind? As you stated.....YOU can not speak for gormly and while on the same topic I wasn't speaking to YOU. I was responding to gormly, so thanks for the input but let gormly speak for himself on his intentions as you do not know why he said what he did. Maybe he was trying to change ones minds. Maybe he is gov't. As for you, carry on........I did not invoke your response in the least. Clearly, no one does anything without having a reason for doing it. His speech was long-winded and directed to the American people who are obviously being abused by their gov't. If you say they are not, then you are indeed in the same category as he and justly are catagorized the aforementioned (newly amended) post of mine.There is WAY more evidence to say that the American gov't is abusing their people and your implied statement that is of an America that is not the recipient of a declining empire inundated with corrupt gov't and a people that are constantly lured into depravity, indigent destitution and financial ruin (credit cards, loans, mortgages liens etc). As stated before, are people NOT losing their houses as banks foreclose on mortgages? Are the banks NOT calling in debts as we speak? The states were forced to use credit cards or suffer "bad credit" and some places would not even accept cash. No houses could be purchased or cars bought save he who would wield the plastic wand of mandatory monetary mayhem. To have even a decent life for your family would require that you serve these bankers and their greedy lusts for power by the promise of financial increase of a sinister percentage on the dynamic fluctuation of the cards worth that kept getting higher and higher as the American people used their cards. This is a trap and we are just human. I have personally never had a credit card and never used credit and actually have lived on the street in opposition of folding to this corporate and global/demonic arm twisting. Anyway, I have only scratched the surface of what is PROOF AND NOT CONSPIRACY ...as FOIA and these monsters' own news sites are inundated with the hubris of a shameless government hellbent on destroying the middle class warrior. Guess it's conspiracy too that although our country is OBVIOUSLY crumbling financially the war is still heavily funded with taxpayers working dollars. America is 53 trillion dollars in debt totally. This is not just the federal debt of 9.2 trillion or the ever increasing war debt. The total debt is 53 trillion rounded down. Just a conspiracy huh? Would the same government that allowed this to happen to us, indeed, forced this onto us also save us now that things are turning sour? Would the current American government do what is right for us? I, in hindsight, have pondered the question... HAVE THEY EVEN STARTED HELPING US AS A WHOLE NATION? ( Speaking of paranoid, I use proxies while here, so don't red-list someone from Japan for what I say, if we are taking names or IP numbers) Oh and one more thing, you're damn right I'm paranoid. Whoever is not these days is like an ostrich that puts his head in the sand when he sees a lawnmower coming his way, he may no longer see or hear this threat, but it will still mow him into chicken strips nevertheless. That would be you sir. Whether a plebian, a pauper or a king...with your unassuming attitude in the face of obvious future cataclysm, you are an ostrich soon to be a side dish of the NWO. They won't care what you believe or who's side you are on they will only consider the fine morsel you will be as they chew you up and spit you out with everyone else. thanks for listening ostrich, now bury your head back in the sand as I know this is hard to assimilate.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Phenomium]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join