It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do miracles defy science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
this thread is devoted to explaining what miracles are. before anybody does anything i wanted to add this. if you look to the side my user name says iesus_freak. that ussually gives me a badd look and people think i am a religious fanatic. i wanted everyone to know im open to any explaination for any miracles.

i think this. miracles are not the defying of science. actually i think they are quite the contrary. Miracles are actually a manifastation of advanced science that we dont understand.

thought for example can be very powerful. theres this japanese guy that i cant remember his name that did an experament. he took all types of bottled water and taped words on them. like soul. he said the word and waited then looked at the water with aaa powerful micrscope and it christilized with a heart shape in the middle.

the theory is that thoughts are powerful enough to change the world they just need to be channeled in to this world by something like words . well any way post away.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

Thats not what happened with the experiment at all, he took bottles of distled water and put words like happiness, peace and I WISH YOU WERE DEAD! on the side, left them over night and looked through them with some microscope, the molecuels were in different configurantions, there were no hearts.
EDIT: Thats not even a miracle BTW

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah look the human body is a miracle.In itself.So anything to do with it could be considered a miracle.Because with all the technology and understanding we have, we probably only still understand 1/10 about the human body.And some of that 1/10 maybe we don't understand it correctly and just think we do.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A "miracle" is when a little baby is found alive in a treetop after a tornado has blasted through town, killing everybody else. Not much of a miracle for the other people, of course. And the baby will eventually die, too, of old age, if nothing else.

So where exactly is the miracle?

Miracles generally suggest or imply that no matter how bad things get, it's possible for "God" or whoever to still intervene and do something wonderful and good. Good being generally assumed to be life-affirming in the long run, or for the greater good. (If Hitler had died of a heart attack in 1942, some people would say that's a miracle, even though it's a death, but because it theoretically would save a larger number of people.) But it's all still a wash, because everybody who would have been saved by that would eventually die, anyway.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you think the big boogie man in the sky has everything all planned out, or whether that plan can be changed with a bit of sincere prayer. The Gnostics thought the unfathomable and infinite Creator Being was so incomprehensible to humans that prayer was a waste of time. They thought that while the universe was possibly being guided by the Creator (not that joke God of the Bible), its actions were so beyond our understanding that it might as well be random.

So there are no "miracles," really. Just random events that happen that YOU, from your perspective, perceive as being unexpectedly "good." To somebody else, maybe not.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
hard to say since science isnt completely definitive or complete fact

there are so many theories that are considered true cause they make sense but not fact

also there are so many things we dont know

so many things can seem like miracles

take it as it is, either way a positive is a positive no matter what you name it

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I agree, you see people who go "A man survived a plane crash, what a miracle!!" ignoring the hundreds who died. Miracles don't exist, you just get lucky baby survives a tornado, woopee, babies are small so odds of getting hit by debris, and theres plenty of oxygen unless your in the center of the tornado, at which point you'll fall to the ground (so it doesn't make a difference)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
I agree, you see people who go "A man survived a plane crash, what a miracle!!" ignoring the hundreds who died.

"Ignoring the hundreds who died"? One man surviving a violent plane crash would be considered a "miracle" because it'd be an effect which had no discernible cause, precisely because of the hundreds of others who died.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think so if they were explained by science th en they would not be miracles would they? So they have to beak the laws of nature to be a miracle. Like walking on water or floating in the air.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
you guys have very interesting concepts of miracles

thank you for your comments

but i do have some things to say...

im not talking about survivor miracles im talking about people getting healed b/c of prayer or something...

also walking on water and parting the red sea i promise you has been explained by science one way or the others... miracles do not defy science they merely manifest a scienc e we do not yet understand... it does not make God or jesus a worse person just because they are using science but it makes them just as great for knowing a science which was not yet understood

again thank you for your comments you guys hav interesting concepts of these things

new topics

top topics

join