It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I hate everything.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
I hate BS like that.

And your world is a little less colourful for it.

Now run along and purchase another disposable plastic item.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Why do you think people buy so much crap they dont need or make careers in jobs they dont even like? Its to create a sense of having accomplished something, even if its completely meaningless. We are ants on a rock, stuck in this environment with some really screwed up ants...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Capitalism causes untold misery.... its very purpose is the accumulation of other peoples wealth...therefore greed. It is a totally unsustainable, and yet irreplaceable political philosophy.

Happiness will come from knowing the truth and finding contentment in Gods love.

eg from the Bible....1 John 2:15 - 17
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

Your spirit knows what is right and wrong, but because we have been surrounded by capitalism all our lives, our brain sees capitalism as the correct way of living.
This however causes immense conflict within us, and that I believe is the cause of unhappiness.

There is hypocracy in what I say, after all I am using a computer to write this and I do work for a corporation......but I do not think that makes what I say any less true.... and as soon as I find a viable alternative I will explore it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hi OP,

This has worked for me.
[align=center]Emotional Freedom Technique[/align]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What you should do is buy a passport and some basic survival gear and go backpack across europe. Or If you can get a job that sends you overseas to do important aid work or something equally rewarding then go for it.

Im gonna guess you have no real friends or loved ones, no roots, so you may just need to change your environment and the crowd you run with. The people around you really affect how you are. We all reflect each other. Monkey see monkey do.

I feel the same way, its all #. I want to run away into the woods and live like a primitive because all this modern living comes at too high a price. Mankind should work to meet his needs and the needs of the community as far as food and water and energy go and the rest of a persons time should be given to learning and practicing arts, you know the substance of living. Our lives are substanceless because of our worship of money.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I do feel the same !! yey i am not alone, Life its to tough i wish i could just sleep and die at it, i wish i stop existing. I mean i do not want to work , i do not want to feel bore, i do not want to feel loved or love someone ever again, i do not want to sleep and wake up or eat again, i just wish i could be dead or sacrifice myself for someone who really wants to be in this #ty earth.
I wish i could be a computer program or virus and someone could just delete me from it, Right click and delete.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There's aint no purpose. Atleast for us. We're born 2' die, in the mean time get money! Think about it going to college, trade school, medical school, working, etc. it's all for money. We need money just to survive, how messed up is that. So unless you're living for God, you have no purpose, but to die...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius18Rising

You don't need money to survive. You need food, water, shelter. It just so happens that the easiest way to obtain these things in our society is by transacting with money.

You can always move into the wilderness, build yourself a log cabin and become a hunter/gatherer. Make your own clothes, fish, grow some summer crops. You would survive. Of course, we wouldn't be seeing you on ATS anymore.

Not too many people are willing to give up their luxuries in order to live like the pioneers. People have become soft, lost the wilderness skills, and the desire to work that hard.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Life isn't fair, but you still have to survive. Take all the hard classes in school, not the stupid things like cooking and women studies.

Life isn't about money, money is just the vehicle to get you a better life. You get paid what you are worth, how much money do you bring into the company from the knowledge you possess or the skills you have, nothing else.

We all work 8 hours per day, the only variation is how much per hour, and that is performance based. Do what other do that makes money: engineering, computers, energy.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"Here is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists, until it's too late to do anything about it. It's the only reason you get up in the morning. The only reason you suffer the #ty boss, the blood, the sweat and the tears. This is because you want people to know how good, attractive, generous, funny, wild and clever you really are. Fear or revere me, but please, think I'm special. We share an addiction. We're approval junkies. We're all in it for the slap on the back and the gold watch. The hip-hip-hoo-#in' rah. Look at the clever boy with the badge, polishing his trophy. Shine on you crazy diamond, because we're just monkeys wrapped in suits, begging for the approval of others."
- Jack Green

Start using some drugs with a strong hallucinogen effect, it's one of the few ways to escape the cesspool of the world we live in.

Or escape to nature, whichever appeals to you, but good to try everything at least once.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Ajax, I understand where you are coming from. You make a lot of good points. I often wonder about our purpose here myself daily. Honestly, I am not sure why we exist.

But I can tell you that there is one distraction that will make you not think about the monotonies and injustices of Life, and that is Love.

I don't have anyone special in my life right now, but I know that if I did, I probably wouldn't even care about half of the things people worry about on ATS. If I had a wife that I loved, and a family, I would not mind spending my prime years working...I would work to make them happy and safe, and work for the weekends, so that I could enjoy my time with them.

So in the end, I think the reason we are here is so that we can spend time with other souls that are important to us, in a physical realm where nothing is certain and nothing is lasting. It is this existence that gives every moment meaning.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ajax; its a nice subject; Did you ever compare your life with how others live in this planet? Please have a look at this picture & get the details from google and think how much this kid has got to tell the world.

First time when I saw this picture, It made me cry & I said thanks to who ever gave me such comfort in my life. I don't believe in luxuries; I just love what ever I see or i live with or what ever is happening with my life and I am happy with my life. I request you to read Tolle Eck Hart's "The Power of Now". It can be easly downloaded from net.

Have good day brother. Enjoy each and every second of your life

Regards & Love,

Ency

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Focus on the things that you have and be grateful for them. Life is meant to be easy and happy. It really is. We've only been raised to believe otherwise.

Gratitude is one of the most powerful emotions you can feel, and it will bring other good things in your life if you feel it consistently.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Easy answer as to why you hate everything. You are weak and the world has apparently broken you. Sorry that's it. Yes life is about money, but not money, the necessities you must use money to obtain. You could go out and live off the land but you choose not too. It would be much harder work to survive that way, there is no retirement. You chose to take the easy way out then you moan about how hard it is. Get over it. The only alternative to life is death and apparently you don't hate life enough to chose the alternative, which is good. I am NOT saying you should chose the alternative, just pointing that fact out. In reality, nobody really has power over you and what you do. You can chose to do anything you want, you may have to face consequences from other people, but as a human that is the reality.As ANY LIVING CREATURE that is a reality. If a lion decides to attack an elephant it will face consequences, it COULD do it, but most dont. They are smarter than that. When you make decisions you must weigh the consequences. If you think everything should be handed to you and there should be no consequences for anything then you have yet to grow up.

There are Amish communities that dont worry about money at all. They live a happy simple life. You could do the same. You wouldn't even have to be religious, just go work for what you need. Most people work ALL their lives so they can buy things they dont NEED. You do the same thing. You dont NEED that PC or internet connection. You dont NEED half the crap you buy.... but you work for the money and then waste it on things you dont need. Truth be known, if all of us started working at 18, spent wisely, didnt waste money or food or belongings we could probably all "retire" by age 35. But as I have said many times before, you just chose not to do it. It is nobodies fault but your own. Your own. YOUR OWN.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It is natural to hate. In fact I feel hatred/dislike/discontentment is a natural emotion. If we only feel happiness all the time, aren't we robots? So I must say firstly don't feel guilty to be hateful. At least you are hating for a good reason. At least there is an awareness and not merely riding along the wave.

But beneath this hatred can be a lesson of teaching us about the wonders of adversity. And we must recognize although it is natural to feel dissatisfaction, it is afterall not a very pleasant emotion isn't it? So try not to dwell too deep into this emotion. Compare this negative emotion to when you feel happy and this will make a little happiness seem plentiful.

So yeah I agree it is disheartening to see the world getting more materialistic but if we truly feel so against it the more we shouldn't let this phenomena get us down. It might sound cliche but i feel just by been positive and doing our own part for this world will contribute greatly.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I feel the same. Life has treated me terribly unfair and I don't want to hear anything about how "I created it" because I don't believe it. Why did my husband leave me to become a woman? Why do I hurt so darn much because I have fibromyalgia and can get no pain killer? Why do I have a genetic tremor that's getting worse every year and I'm an artist who depends on fine motor skills? Why do I have narcolepsy? Why did I inherit chronic depression? Why though I'm a university art professor and still desperately want to work, am I now forced to go on welfare?
Please don't tell me there are people worse off. It doesn't make me feel better and I already know that.
I have always been and continue to be a very good person, I mean loving, empathetic, kind. In what life time does "What goes around comes around" become true?
Not in this one.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi anon,

I don't want to sound harsh, but the "law of attraction" "reality creation", manifesting or whatever you may call it is not done only on the conscious level. It is done on all levels of your being. From your state of being to your beliefs to your feelings, to your thoughts, and then to your actions. You are way more than just a conscious thinking mind and that's what is usually "conveniently" missing from all those superficial material like the Secret.

The subconscious level is very important in that and it controls you. It controls you until you reprogram it.

What you and most people (including myself, because I am no better than anyone else) have been doing is trying to install a software like adobe photoshop on an outdated windows 3.1 operating system.

These two thread will give a much better explanation of what I'm talking about by the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yeah being 14 is pretty tough.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It makes me happy someone feels the way I do. I HAD a friend who is rich and is always complaining about what she DOUESNT have and she tries to get more and more and more na dmore I feel so sick. EVERY TIME I SEE HER I FEEL PHYSICLY ILL ITS DISCUSTING. WHY DO I HAVE TO SUCK AND SHE BE SO HAPPY WHEN SHE IS SO FRIGGIN MEAN TO EVERYON. IT ALSO MAKES ME SICK HOW SHE GETS USED AND DOESNT NOTICE. I found that if you walk around listing to the wind late at night on a dark road you get either too scared to be mad anymore or you get even worse and start yelling to oyurself and start beating your self up nad get depresed (results may very=/) Have a good/ dark life.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am turning more and more misantrophic, mankind is sick, and needs medication.. I cant stand living in this society, therfore I am planning to leave it behind. To live as one with nature, growin herbs and vegetables, eatin fruits and drinkin sweet fresh water.. This is what I want, not a life in a prison..

Anyone knows of an Uninhabited island? A place where man can live in peace under the sun, smokin sum bud.. Praising life.. If you do, please do gimme a call

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join