It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I hate everything.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax
Why are we here, what is the purpose of life, what is the purpose of ANYTHING? I don't want to hear life is what you make of it, I don't want to hear just do what makes you happy, I don't want to hear any of the sappy bull$hit, it's fake.

Life is a facade, it's crap, it's a measly existence and a futile struggle for money until we die.

Why do we work during the prime of our lives (18-65) only to live a lesser existence before and after those prime years? Why is everything about money? Why is the entire construct of humanity and modern civilization so pathetic? Why are the scumbags of the Earth wealthy and why do horrible things only happen to good people? WHY IS EVERYTHING ABOUT FRIGGIN MONEY???

Get a job I actually enjoy? I don't enjoy rotting away in an office or doing anything else that's ultimately useless.

Just do things that make me happy? Nothing makes me happy anymore because everything's fake, and besides you still need money to do anything at all. Hell you need money just to live, breathe, and eat.

Why am I so jaded? Because at the bottom line the world isn't fair, it's just one big circus, a giant cluster F*(@. Stupid people get wealthy, good people get poor, and worse.

If your mentality is that life isn't fair, and that I should deal with it, then please don't bother responding, I really don't care to read what you have to say.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Ajax]

You need to understand absolute reality my boy. Humans are organic machines trying to justify their silly existence by use of illusionary concepts designed to keep them sane. You are a flesh-machine realizing the terrifying truths of this world/reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sir(Ajax), I suggest to you this...

Doctor Steel - Ode to Revenge

This song always helps me when I feel like that. Gives you a great place to channel that hate.

I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey Ajax,

All of the things you have said are as if I could have written them myself....as I read your words I was thinking of writing a reply only for you to have written the same thing in a reply.
I came to this very same realization when I was 16 and now I am 31...it just came to me all at once, people who knew/know me noticed a change too...when I tried to tell them about what I had thinking about they told me the same things, that I was depressed and needed to find help.
I didn't know if they were right or not...I mean what did I know I was 16?
Life goes on and I try to work this all out and lean to deal/live with it all...then something happened in my life that really did cause me a great deal od depression (fiance cheated on me) and I realized that I was depressed and for some reason felt better about the girl cheating on me, and I was fine!....because I simultaneously noticed that I hadn't been depressed at all when I was 16, I had really understood something that made me seem to be depressed to other people...and it was/is called THE TRUTH.
I mean (to all the religious people out there)....don't get me wrong....I do more than anything WANT there to be an everlasting life of pure love and happiness after you die, I don't see how anyone could not want this.
It is true!, everything requires money....I am suprised to see that no one mentioned the FACT that you even need money TO DIE!...is this crazy or what!?...after you die you loved ones or friends or just about anyone they can stick it with will have to pay for your funeral....someone found a way to make it impossible even to die for free.
I am not depressed and I don't think the OP is either, we just GET how everything is made to work and we don't like it.....I know I have to do whatI have to do and I don't have a problem with this, but I too don't think think we were meant to live this way....even if you did win the lottery and never had to work aver again and were able to do everything you ever wanted to do.....it is bound to get boring...then what?, everything still is the way it is and the 10 million dollar vacation didn't do a thing to change your view...it just made for a long disttraction.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Let me get this straight thread starter, you have your health, you have a good paying job, you have good friends, you have a decent girlfriend, a roof over your head, food to eat, you get along with your family, and your still bitching?

There are sooooo many people in the world that don't even have half of what you do. Wow!..... you my friend are the biggest spolied brat I've ever met in my life!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
To the folks who feel heartily what the OP is saying...you have my wish of peace of mind to you all. I feel the exact same way. I live in Trinidad, and I see it falling apart because we here are trying to adopt this Western Culture.

Human existence is a joke. I've started realizing this maybe from the age of 10. I'm 20 now and that realization only grows stronger. They say money is the root of all evil. I say, that's rubbish. Money by itself didn't gain power. Money didn't gain strength from anything. We gave money power. We are the root of all evil.

We are so stupid, it's not funny. Why does the most "intelligent" species of life on this planet live the most miserable? Are we really that smart? Our priorities are lossed. The 2 things that rule this planet are money and sex. Yes, money and sex. If you want proof of that...look around.

There is a question I have realized that says a lot about someone. This question is, what is more scary? What do you prefer...knowing that we are the only life in the Universe, and when we die, that's it...or knowing another life form much greater than us is coming to our planet to destroy us entirely? Anyone who prefers option one is a peon in this system and is quite content about it.

I sometimes imagine, would it would be like if a disease killed each and every single human being. And from in the skies, all you can see...are buildings, cars, money, banks, nice houses...all of it means nothing. 1 single man on Earth is worth more than all of those things combined. We give those things power and take all power away from ourselves. That's pathetic and very scary.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I completely feel you here.

The whole of existence is BS. Not just money or corruptions or conspiracies.

I mean humans, planets, energy, the whole universe is to blame.

No part is unconnected to the other parts and it is all terrible.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The Universe is predatory.
You have only one shot. No immortals here.
Only thing worthy of pursuit is struggle for the sake of struggle. And knowledge.
Rememebr you will die and live accordingly.
Lose self-pity.
Take action.
You can apply these to any human situation be it death camp or the burbs!
And smile. Just to spite all the reasons not to.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Taking things personally makes life tough.
The universe from the human POv is essentially ruled by impersonal forces that possess awareness.

It does suck. And it is all arbitrary. You are wholly insignificant.
Then knowing that it's arbitrary and accepting your insignificance on a deep level is liberating. And empowering. If you accept the impersonal nature on a primal level you are, perhaps for the first time since early childhood, able to actually make some decisions or will have clarity enough to see things in an objective calculating manner.
But this takes detachment and THAT is difficult and painful to achieve. And is only maintained through ongoing discipline. Physical and mental.
Your self-pity and personal baggage really resent being ignored.

In the end, you have no time to hate. Hate is an artifice, just like all the other inane things you despise.
Ignore it if it serves no purpose. Do you enjoy hating? If so, then by all means continue to hate, but if not, simply choose to feel another way.
I know, easily said.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hey, how's it going? While I am not claiming to know you, I have a friend who seems as though they are quite a bit like you. I used to be a representative of similar ideas as well. I really don't feel like getting into details, because I feel that my words will fall quiet on deaf ears. I can say that, in addition to your point of view, you should try to step back, and look at everything from as many perspectives as possible. If you cannot conceptualize it, try to experience it. Only you can change things for yourself.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

GET OVER IT, or see a psychiatrist

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

When you drink tap water, do you know it already has been through few human beings? Life is one big resycle off BS.

Do you know that in some countries, when a criminal is executed by a shot to the head, his family will be sent a bill for that bullet?

You cant even die for free. Your family will pay so you can be burried, and you can bet your ass theyl make a lot of money using their grief when choosing the casket.

Welcome to the reality. Its called awareness. Being too much aware of things can lead to mental ilness and depression. Theres no nice way of putting it, but this is life, and this is all we get. We cant do anything about it.
Only way is to find something so interesting to do in your life, that you can simply ignore the facts and try not to be so aware

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Forell]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Ajax - I agree 99% with you. You have hit the nail on the head - although while not being very helpful (no disrespect at all intended there) - you've highlighted the exact problem with the modern world.

I feel EXACTLY how you feel. I used to think it was depression - was even diagnosed with it and put on meds. Some other guy / girl posted something before which struck a "good" nerve with me when they said "I bet 1 million would make it better" and how right they were. With £1m I could completely change my life for the better and that money would go straight into my own business being run the way I think a business should be run and making people feel better about themselves - not this slave labour we have today.

Look - the problem is this, things are as they are because we have been divided and conquered and until people come together (which MAY never happen again) this is how things are going to stay. People need to focus less on money and more on progress. Money is so insignificant, yes it can buy you material things but you don't need it to LIVE. Trust me if I had NO money whatsoever I'd find a way to eat - society would call me a bum / tramp or whatever but I'd still be alive. Here are some things I'm TRYING to make my life better - they won't work for everyone but I'm finding my life is improving each day:

1. Break the aerial off my car so I can't listen to the pointless radio broadcasts / shows;
2. Have the TV on ONLY when there is a film / tv series I really want to watch - and switch it off during advertisments / promotions;
3. Spend at least a couple of hours (maybe not all in one go) sitting in silence and reading articles / programming books to develop my intelligence and skill at my chosen profession;
4. When friends / family phone in the evenings don't roll my eyes and ignore it - answer it and TALK with them;
5. Be as creative as possible, start lots of little projects even if I don't finish them - starting a project can be a good motivational thing for completing something else;

There's so much "noise" out there it's unbelievable. The TV and radio are filled with so many other opinions that I start losing track of what MY opinion of things is. I refuse to fall into the "off-the-shelf" life, you know what I mean:

1. born;
2. mainstream education;
3. jobs / career;
4. mortgage and other debt to tie me down;
5. retirement and finally getting to see the world when I can't control my toilet time anymore;
6. death;

One of my greatest idols (and someone I would NEVER want to meet in case he isn't as great as I originally believed) is Nikola Tesla. My favourite quote by him is:

I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.

Face it modern life is crap but do you want to live to work or work to live? You can have a fantastic quality of life but a crap quality of living or you can have a fantastic quality of living and a crap quality of life. If you spend your life doing something you care about you won't "work" a single day of your life.

Like the common thing on here - you are awake my friend as am I and a lot of fantastic people on here. I am thankful for that - ignorance is bliss yes, but what a waste of an entire life. A lot of people will die without having "lived" a single day. People with money turn to alcohol, drugs, parties etc because they're screwed. They will never know real achievement, real happiness and all these materialistic things they have detract from that very real and horrible truth. Damn right I'd like some of that money they have - but all money is is a simple decimal number sat in some database in some data centre - don't let that be the focus of your life. You do need "just enough" money it's just a hard fact.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by onesockon
reply to post by Ajax

GET OVER IT, or see a psychiatrist

Tried both. Countless times. Any other suggestions?

And to sdrawkcabII, I would proffer this, one of the few things I still keep from my days as a christian. It is not money that is the root of all evil, but rather the love of money. I think that's a succinct way of describing part of what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terric

There's so much "noise" out there it's unbelievable. The TV and radio are filled with so many other opinions that I start losing track of what MY opinion of things is. I refuse to fall into the "off-the-shelf" life, you know what I mean:

1. born;
2. mainstream education;
3. jobs / career;
4. mortgage and other debt to tie me down;
5. retirement and finally getting to see the world when I can't control my toilet time anymore;
6. death;

If you live in America, you should move the debt part in between mainstream education and jobs career. College loan debt is crippling.

They give me all this knowledge and all these skills in college and when I go out to make something of myself in the grand American dream/myth style, I am paying half my income for the next 10 years, which I can't possibly afford. So it's a third of my income for the next 20 or 30 years. All to keep me working and afraid to not have a job.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

That list wasn't really in any particular order just me sneezing my brain on the page

I'm in the UK and things are getting worse here. From what I've read about the Amercian economy times are hard for everyone and it's "partly" the fault of your stupid president. Sorry if anyone takes offense to this but I'm sure more people will agree with me than disagree.

Because England has been so far up America's arse for so long the economy is really starting to crumble here aswell. But anyway like everything this is my personal opinion, I'm not an economist so maybe I'm being naive.

Many of the problems in the UK started with Thatcher - she was hell bent on destroying the family unit so children weren't under the guidance of their parents anymore and instead the "state". That reminds me a lot of the Hitler youth - he also wanted parents out of the way so he could reprogram the children of Germany to carry on his ideals when he's dead and buried - thankfully that hasn't really happened.

But who knows - maybe things will carry on as usual and it will all be hype to usher in the new age of population control / opression or maybe it will crumble entirely causing wars, famine and all sorts. Maybe that would be better for some people - after all no human is more alive than when fighting for the life of themselves and their loved ones.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The sooner all the lost souls realize that there is NO purpose to the human race and just get on and have FUN the better.

Sure, there's things you hate, but unless you can actually change them right now or get yourself into a position where you can....accept them for what they are and get on with your own life.

If you're unhappy with something, save the energy for yourself instead of sending it out as a negative energy cos that's usually what you get back and the feeling of hating "everything" is just a low energy level response.

And for all of you who ask the same question as the title of this thread...

remember, YOU are part of that "everything" are you not?

How can you expect something you cannot first give?

And I dare anyone to say they hate THIS.

Inspiration.

So "Cheer up" or I'll smack your knees!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

And I dare anyone to say they hate THIS.

I hate BS like that.

New age nonsense IMHO.

All fake feel good stuff.

No offense meant, but you did dare me to say it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Hello, yes I would have to agree that this is a place that is hard to hate...I especially like the "Blue Temple"....I wonder why?

I see this place is in Italy, I had the oppurtunity to go to Italy back in 2004 in September....it was all very lovely and I had the strange feeling as if I was somehow returning "home"....but then reality all came snapping back to me when I visited the Pantheon one of the oldest well known churches in the world.....the Pantheon is what other things are compared to and sometimes said to be (in example) ("The Pantheon of Car Dealerships, or the Pantheon of the modern world"...you know what I mean)...when I got to the Pantheon and gazed at it's wonderous beauty, bigness, and oldness, I looked around inside and saw that some of the greatest painters and sculptors, and genious the world has ever had to offer were interred here...only to exit this ediface to see on the other side of a beautiful fountain directly in front of the Pantheon.......a Mc Donalds.....then I thought "What the hell!?"
It only goes further to show you that nothing is sacred in this world and everything has a price.....then once this price is paid you can cheapen the most beautifull of things as much as you want.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
To everyone here who reads this thread and my posts on it, I just want you to know that I am not a "HATER"...it's just that so many things in this world now is so hate-able.
I love a lot of things like my mother, father, friends, family, the sunrise, the sunset, nature in general, people - as long as they are nice - no matter what color or religion or whatever they may be, friendship, colors, music,...I love a lot of things in this world....but the whole "You are free to be anything and do anything you want...as long as you do what we say or else" kind of mentality of the world just enrages me.
I am not depressed...more like severely disapointed.

edit to add, that my signature on here is from GC (George Carlin) I am still very upset about his passing...I bet he would have had something great to say on this topic of hating everything.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Vandermast]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Naive, self absorbed people around you can make you feel this way. But of course it's a little more complex, isn't it?. Cut up your credit cards. Pay cash for everything. Spend time with yourself and attempt spending MUCH less time with friends/acquaintances. Complete solitude for an extended length would be ideal. Finally, if you don't have a dog, get one and get to know him/her. Now you will be able to take the time to understand how special you are and no one else truly matters, frankly. Just you. You may amaze yourself, with yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join