It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I hate everything.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
At the risk of putting up a one liner, I was always taught to believe that hate is just another 4 letter word.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible, they inherently will be.

Happiness is a choice, that's ALL it is.

But then again your question was, "Why do I hate everything?"

The simple answer is because you choose to.

Hate is a poison to the soul of the person who is doing the hating. The more you hate the more you poison the person that you are.

I get what you're saying but lets say instead of seeing all things as terrible, you see all things as perfect/great/awesome ect. What does that say about the suffering of others? Most people will consider you "evil" if you get to a point where you find nothing wrong with the world. Starving children? Great. A million dollars? great. Painful endless wars? great. There is something unsatisfying thinking the world is totally good or totally bad, but it is one of those options. Can I be happy about someone else's suffering? I'd have to or else I wouldn't be seeing the world as perfection.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind...

You "hate everything" because you are essentially dissatisfied with or "hate" yourself. Everything is reminding you of this inherent feeling of worthlessness.

Start small. Random acts of kindness. Working hard at the smallest of tasks to do your very best. Log off of the computer and engage in real life. Don't be too hard on yourself.

But what if you "hate everything" because of what you see others experience, suffering for example. Standards could be lowered then everything would be fine.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Life is a rat race for money if you believe the lie.

I agree with a lot of what you said but not all bad things happen to good people, bad things happen to everyone, you pretty much won't understand why life sucks so bad until you die, but that answer won't satisfy you.

I personally choose to not seek money, why do a-holes get ahead? because their personalities are aggressive and in a caveman world they would have gotten ahead, they still get ahead today for the same reasons, the economy is built by bullies, every boss I ever had was an arrogant grade a d-bag, it's my goal to be the exact opposite of those people and not seek money and seek out artistic outlets that are not part of the global money rat race, it's the only way I am happy.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Life is what it is.

My philosophy is you should enjoy it until you die.

Mellow out, dude. Get over your petty angst and look at the deeper beauty of life and creation. I get it - it's winter, everybody gets bummed this time of the year.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't buy that crap that it's all just perception and a reflection of your mind. The world IS horrible. That's an objective FACT!

Yes, life is unfair, but not totally. There is randomness in life, so stuff happens to everyone. But, that also means that sometimes you will get lucky!

Yes, there is evil in the world... a lot of it! There is really only one thing you have the most power to do to reduce the amount of misery in the world, and that is to take care of yourself so that you don't live in misery, while shedding a tear for those unlucky ones. What more can you do????!!!!!

Well, you might say, it's unfair to enjoy my life when there is so much misery! Yes, but remember, LIFE IS UNFAIR! So, be as happy as you can. You didn't create the rules of the universe, and you can't change them. If you can do something to change the world, do it. If not, take care of yourself and your loved ones.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I feel like life is pretty boring right now too, but it's better than nothing at all I guess. But here is what I see. Nothing (non-existence) is order. Everything (existence) is chaos. Everything has a cause and an effect. Chaos is just vast enormity and complexity, not random events without cause or effect. Order is simplicity and understanding. Since most of humanity prefers to be ignorant we as a whole have preferred order over chaos, simpleness over complexity. We choose the easy route, we live because we are alive, we die because everyone else has and there is no other choice, we fear what we do not understand. Chaos, though, is a little cooler. Chaos is contradiction, confusion, anarchy, rebellion, loki, energy, it is actually the force of life. Whereas order is the opposite attraction. Everything is relative to the mind though, as to its complexity or simplicity, so the more you know the less simple things become and the spice of life dissipates. That is why they say ignorance is bliss. That is why when you know nothing you are enthralled with the experience of living. You know too much, but as chaos exists a contradiction will inevitably arise from this and you will see that you know nothing.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax

Life is a facade, it's crap, it's a measly existence and a futile struggle for money until we die.

I see this as a sign of your good mental health. You are right, the way our society is set up it devalues human beings. Hell, it devalues all beings, human or animal. You are a domesticated animal who toils til death to make another class of human wealthy. You should be pissed off and discontent. It does suck.

Society should be designed to serve humanity. Not humanity be forced into unnatural conditions to serve it.

There is another thread about how there may be a snow storm in the UK that could "shut down everything! wreck havoc! Oh noes!" And I just have to laugh. What kind of society have we created where the thought of shutting down the business of money making for a day or two due to weather is a tragedy? Where people are traumatized by a possible 6 inches of snow that will make it hard to get to the slave pens on time? Why did we not create the kind of society in which this would be cause for a celebration? A day off! Hot cocoa in the house! Snowmen and snow angels for the kiddies! Snowball fights and sleigh rides?

I think it is fantastic that you are discontent with the way things are. It shows a core of sanity. I would say accept that about yourself and see if you cant find a way to live that is more sane among the inmates of the asylum. YOUR life doesnt have to be all about money. It is hard not to participate to some degree, but figure out a way to be as autonomous as you can.

If you cant stop working, at least stop doing what you hate. Find jobs you like marginally better and dont let a good salary trap you into doing work that kills your soul.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
There is another thread about how there may be a snow storm in the UK that could "shut down everything! wreck havoc! Oh noes!" And I just have to laugh. What kind of society have we created where the thought of shutting down the business of money making for a day or two due to weather is a tragedy? Where people are traumatized by a possible 6 inches of snow that will make it hard to get to the slave pens on time? Why did we not create the kind of society in which this would be cause for a celebration? A day off! Hot cocoa in the house! Snowmen and snow angels for the kiddies! Snowball fights and sleigh rides?

I wish life was like that, I REALLY DO! But, even if we didn't live in an evil world, there would still be the harsh realities of life, so I think there will always be the serious side to life that would require the adults who shoulder the responsibility of running the machine (even in an utopian society) to have to get used to sacrificing some of the play times and leave that to the kids. 6 inches of snow can certainly be fun, but it can also kill when the power goes out and old folks freeze in their homes. That's why certain critical people in society have to go out in the cold and fix the power lines and repair the infrastructure; they can't have a snow day.

As long as kids can still be kids, then I feel better about putting up with all the BS as an responsible and aware adult. Being an adult is a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSingularity

I wish life was like that, I REALLY DO! But, even if we didn't live in an evil world, there would still be the harsh realities of life, so I think there will always be the serious side to life that would require the adults who shoulder the responsibility of running the machine (even in an utopian society) to have to get used to sacrificing some of the play times and leave that to the kids.

We made that happen though, remember that. We had choices when we began to industrialize, and we didnt know we were making choices and what we have now is default.

People in the past did not work 40 hours a week regardless of the season. Who decided we should? People in the past did not do non-essential jobs in inclement weather, who decided we had to? Sure, even back then, someone had to trudge out in the snow to feed and water the livestock regardless of weather, that is a harsh reality of life. The question is, how much of the way humans currently suffer is necessary and how much was imposed upon us by our lack of conscious decision making when we set this society up? It grew so fast and was so unprecedented, we can be forgiven for getting to this place. Who could have predicted it? However is it not the height of stupidity to find yourself in a situation that serves only a few at the expense of the majority and not start to try to reason out a better system?

Look how many miserable people there are in industrialized nations. How many self medicate with drugs and alcohol, and prescription mood enhancers and anti anxiety and anti depressant drugs. Is this really working? Is it really what is good for us? Look at what our economic assumptions are causing around the world. Pollution, economic collapse, etc. Were those policies well designed and thought through? Or was everyone just winging it and for a while it seemed like we were flying when in fact what we had really done was stepped off a cliff?

One of the great things about a collapse is that it presents us with a chance to rebuild. Our leaders are chosen for their popularity, not their wisdom. If you think back to school, how many of the really popular kids were truly geniuses? Our current crop of leaders are kicking the cardboard box we mistakenly thought was an airplane trying to make it fly. It wont fly. It wasnt an airplane. It was a box falling off a cliff, that has suddenly hit the ground. They will not be the ones who come up with a better way to live.

But why on Earth dont we start in earnest looking for one? For a way to make technology serve humanity, rather than the other way around. To allow us to have lives that have meaning, that satisfy us beyond the pale satisfaction that consumerism provides? A way that includes us figuring out a way to work with natural cycles, and seasons? That includes real discussion about how many of us the planet and her resources can support in the style we agree we want to enjoy?

No harsh realities are stopping us from having these conversations and then building the society we want. Even the "evil" in the world if it exists could not stop us. Our leaders and the wealthy exist at our pleasure. Not the other way round. That has always been the case. We can withdraw our support for their vision at any time we see fit, IF we come up with an alternative and then stand behind it. Why cant we agree to a slightly less expensive (in resources) lifestyle that allows us more time for our own pursuits? Why cant we agree to slowly bring down the population fairly, without sacrificing diversity so that ALL people can have this decent way of life? There is no reason at all that we cant. Except that we dont realize that we have the right to make these choices and we already possess the authority to carry them through.

Edit to add;

There will always be people who will voluntarily go in and operate the power plants on a day when everyone else is playing in the snow. I have had the great good fortune to work with many people like that. They enjoy feeling needed, they enjoy responsibility, and they dont mind drinking their cocoa at the power plant. People dont have to be forced to do things. There are lots of different sorts of people who enjoy different things. In a just society, people would choose the jobs and the level of responsibility that they found personally satisfying, they would not choose a job simply because of the dollar amount attached to it. And, if money were not our God, we could have extra people trained to do the job so that the fun days were rotated. It is our crazy desire to make tons of money for some few that keep us staffed in essential areas so tightly that some people never get to take time off. That was a choice we made too. We can unmake it.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

I am borderline disgusted with the amount of stars this post got, but my reply will give you points as well, so whatever...

you sound rather angry, and that is your God given right i guess, but its also my right to think your insane.

Life is what you make it

if you cant get joy out of building with legos, playing with a golden retriever, enjoying nature, laughing at a film, E.C.T., then i guess the NWO has already won,

anger is a natural emotion, but to be constantly bathed in it can not be healthy.

why do you hate everything? well only you can answer that, but I have a few guesses. without knowing you I can't say for sure, but I bet it has alot to do with the fact that ATS and the media as a whole dwell in negative territory. I HIGHLY suggest reading a few BTS humor posts, which tend to be hilarious, thus lifting you from your sour demeanor.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When your eyes are open - the truth gets in - and all you can do is either laugh or cry.
Go ahead a laugh.
It'll be more fun that way.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
You hate everything because you have never experienced true love. When I say true love I mean love that has nothing but you in mind. God is true love, but because you have rejected that love your love has grown cold. Because you don't believe in God, I know that from your post. You think you have figured it all out, but yet for all your wisdom you are miserable. I know why i'm here, and what my purpose is in this largely insane world. I know that when this life is over, then my real life will begin, a life of perfection of pure non diseased existence under rule of the creator of the universe.

I believe in God because I have seen, you may not believe because you have not seen, or refuse to see. But seeking that love is a start, and what could it hurt, your life sucks right now or you wouldn't be on here complaining. The problem with the Christian faith is that too many people think it is a religion, which it isn't. It has gotten a very bad rap from those who wpuld have their followers believe they somehow speak for God, and they make up their own rules.

I'm revealing the truth, and although I don't understand everything there is to know about this life, I know what I'm doing right here right now and what my purpose is in this life. Because the spiritual (supernatural) has crossed over into my life on several occasions and the change or impact was without question positive in not only the physical realm, but also the spiritual realm.

I used to think I was a genius until I relized I was nothing but a smug hypocrite know it all. That is where you are at, but you wont believe me because you have figured it all out, and what is the point anyway, right?

Do yourself a favor, forget everything you think is right and start to seek that which you have missed, the true love that only God can show which will give you a reason to stop hating and start living with a purpose.

Without purpose there can be no love, without love there is no purpose.

really... we dont know, you think you know but you dont know # ...

for the OP ... we all are #ed, thats the truth, I dont know what to do too really ... if we know what is our objective in this world, it would be better, I dont think that we need to live the way we wanted and die the way we wanted, I dont believe it ... I just think it would be so random and so useless ...

I am lost, I am lost ... we all are ... some of us use religion to get on track, but thats just an easy road ... and since I am aware of some things, for me it wouldnt be the best road ... thats what I know

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Why are we here, what is the purpose of life, what is the purpose of ANYTHING? I don't want to hear life is what you make of it, I don't want to hear just do what makes you happy, I don't want to hear any of the sappy bull$hit, it's fake.

Life is a facade, it's crap, it's a measly existence and a futile struggle for money until we die.

What alternative do you have? Death? Wow! The choice is either life or death. Looks like you pretty much picked the latter and are just waiting around for it to happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
What alternative do you have? Death? Wow! The choice is either life or death. Looks like you pretty much picked the latter and are just waiting around for it to happen.

OR he could leave society, wich is the problem, money is evil, makes people do bad things. I promise you the bushes in the forest wont ask you for money to pick their berries.. But the human who "owns" the forest may

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

That was some fast replying.

The catalyst which drives me to hatred and utterly disgusts me is simply the very way in which the modern world and society operates. Someone nailed it when they said it didn't used to be like this. That in today's society we are striving to become someone we're not - where the end game is extravagance, wealth, power, by following celebrities, advertising, etc. We feel we're entitled to something that we haven't even earned. We don't live real lives the way they were meant to be lived. I'm not naive enough to think that times don't change, but this world and people in it are NOT meant to exist on the level that they do currently in this 21st century.

Money is the lubricant for every single facet of our society. From the smallest things to the most grand, you can't do anything 'functional' without it. You can't even go and live in the woods without money because you still have to acquire the land, pay property taxes, do your paperwork, pay fees, etc. Without cash you are simply living on the streets homeless. Sure you can get away from the stress of it all for a while by relaxing, camping, hiking, doing whatever you love....but sooner or later you have to face reality again. When is the next bill due.

**Let me throw a disclaimer in here quickly and say that this belief is derived from Western culture and life in the United States.**

Having said this...Yes I have a roof over my head, I understand that I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. I understand that I'm in the top 10 or even 5% of the world's "elite" population. I understand that the mere fact of having shoes probably get me into this category. I know that 90% of the world has it worse. What I am telling you is that in the society which I live in (See above disclaimer), life should not exist as it does, and it's all because of money.

The very wealthy are pompous, corrupt people who range from disgusting arrogant movie stars / athletes all the way to corrupt business tycoons. Is it fair that on the same day a child is born into a family in the inner city that's struggling with violence and drugs, that a separate child is born to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and will live a life never having to work a minute of its life, will be horribly spoiled, will drink and undoubtedly abuse drunks and party every night without a care in the world? No.

You think an athlete should make $200 million dollars while homes still aren't being rebuilt after Katrina? Sure they donate and help, but again it's all F'ing fake. They are living the party life and own 10 mansions and 30 cars.

Anyway I'm ranting, but the world disgusts me.

In terms of my comments earlier about money and the world: To everyone who supports and understands what I'm trying to convey, thanks - we're definitely on the same wavelength. To those who do see it but feel it's not all bad, you're entitled to your opinions. To those who feel they've insulted me, it's okay! I promise it is. I never take anything personally and value the input.

In terms of the hating everything subject and me personally:

Unfortunately I'm coming to realize that for the past few years I've neglected a fair amount of things that I shouldn't have in the pursuit of more money (imagine that). And of course nothing works out quite right.

Family is and always will be the most important thing. Friends, sure they're there but that doesn't bring me happiness. I need to do a re-evaluation of just what does make me happy, nothing I can think of truly does.

To the person who asked what am I doing to change my life? Considering I need a job that pays the bills, not much career (change) wise. Yup, I hate my job even though it's listed in the top 50 of best companies to work. I've gotten 2 promotions within the past 2 years and am actually making a good amount money, but I really REALLY don't care. I hate it. Life isn't meant to be working from age 18 to 65. It's all B$. If I found something that I actually may want to do - I guarantee you it won't net any $$ at all, and I'd probably also have to leave family, friends, and responsibilities behind, and I won't do that.

Life isn't fair, karma does not exist, and it's getting worse every day. I see the scumbags of the Earth becoming wealthier and getting away with everything under the sun just because they have cash.

I see good, honest, hard-working people getting F-ed over left and right, getting poorer, and it's both disgusting and infuriating.

So again I ask what is the purpose of life? To do what we want to do, to reproduce, what is it??? Whatever it is i bet you need some kind of money to do it.

**To everyone that offered support and wanting to talk, thanks and I'll be in touch to discuss how we feel, discuss life in general, etc. Truly shining stars in an otherwise world of full of $H(@ that is modern society.

Also I'm sure I missed typing or responding to someone, I'll respond when I get home from work tomorrow. It's 4:01 AM and I have to wake up at 6:30 AM for work. 2 and a half hours of sleep and off I go, I really love my job.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Ajax]

the world needs better better leaders, but hey, every #ing leader doesnt care about everyone else, they get in the power and its all over, they prefer the confort over the population

today, life means 5 years in jail ... thats what YOUR LIFE MEANS to your leader ... if you get killed, the mother#er would get out in that time ... or if he is a minor, he wouldnt need a jail ... thats how everything works ... we cannot change that, HOW CAN WE DO THAT, our leaders are afraid of changes ...

we need somebody that could stand up and use his power, the power of the people to do whatever he wants ... he doesnt need to follow the laws .. he just need to use the #ing power of the people ... I wont explain it, you just think, you wont be able to be assassinated ... or whatever ... you have the people in your side, but they need to know whatever you want to do ... or who is opposing you

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Yaxkin

So it was the hand we were dealt... I guarantee the dude's not starving to death, in relatively good health, and he obviously isn't broke cause he has the means to post.

Sure, life CAN be hard, but the OP should go find one of the many children in the world who is stuggling just to get a bite to eat, look them in the eye, and deliver that rant to the young one.

Give me a break. He is nothing more than an overgrown spoiled child, IMHO. No better than the ones who are running things.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Aye aye.. But that hand is full of #!

Just wanted to point out there is a diffrence between Life and Society..

Society could be paradise, but it is not.. It is built on hate, so its understandable that one hates "life" in it..

FREEDOM!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Yaxkin

I understand the difference quite well... but that kind of complaining only adds to the problem. It is continuing the ignorance by offering out no real knowledge other than ones discontent and disappointment that things are not going their way. Want them to go your way? Figure out what you want, what it is worth it to you, and then set out to do it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm at a loss between telling you that you should be happy you got it right and telling you to shut the f*ck up.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i feel the exact same way.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join