It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I hate everything.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Why are we here, what is the purpose of life, what is the purpose of ANYTHING? I don't want to hear life is what you make of it, I don't want to hear just do what makes you happy, I don't want to hear any of the sappy bull$hit, it's fake.

Life is a facade, it's crap, it's a measly existence and a futile struggle for money until we die.

Why do we work during the prime of our lives (18-65) only to live a lesser existence before and after those prime years? Why is everything about money? Why is the entire construct of humanity and modern civilization so pathetic? Why are the scumbags of the Earth wealthy and why do horrible things only happen to good people? WHY IS EVERYTHING ABOUT FRIGGIN MONEY???

Get a job I actually enjoy? I don't enjoy rotting away in an office or doing anything else that's ultimately useless.

Just do things that make me happy? Nothing makes me happy anymore because everything's fake, and besides you still need money to do anything at all. Hell you need money just to live, breathe, and eat.

Why am I so jaded? Because at the bottom line the world isn't fair, it's just one big circus, a giant cluster F*(@. Stupid people get wealthy, good people get poor, and worse.

If your mentality is that life isn't fair, and that I should deal with it, then please don't bother responding, I really don't care to read what you have to say.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Ajax]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax

Get a job I actually enjoy? I don't enjoy rotting away in an office or doing anything else that's ultimately useless.

ive had two jobs that were in the long run usless. loved both still do one of them.

1. hunting guide/farmer. loved it to death. sadly working for family sucks. had to skip town.

2. river guide. love it to death. its only part time but its good for the soul. and other than dealing mostly with liberals its good, but usless..

dont feel bad. i hate people as a whole. but you find ways to cope....

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Besides other things, You Are Ready For True ANARCHISM.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind...

You "hate everything" because you are essentially dissatisfied with or "hate" yourself. Everything is reminding you of this inherent feeling of worthlessness.

Start small. Random acts of kindness. Working hard at the smallest of tasks to do your very best. Log off of the computer and engage in real life. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Okay, flame on...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Because in your subconscious mind, you know and understand that our society is being forced to work as slaves in order for the elite to gain control of everything.

You are aware. If you were not aware, you would be a "sheep". Consider yourself lucky that you are aware of what's going on as opposed to those who are simply happy to be brainwashed and conditioned to be slaves.

One day... those of us who are aware will be the ones in control. You should take more time to read the topics that discuss awareness. I think you would learn a lot and come to a more 'calm' place in your mind so you can prepare better for the future. In the future... the sheep will be led to the slaughter. You don't want to be one of them.

Good luck on your journey to the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible, they inherently will be.

Happiness is a choice, that's ALL it is.

But then again your question was, "Why do I hate everything?"

The simple answer is because you choose to.

Hate is a poison to the soul of the person who is doing the hating. The more you hate the more you poison the person that you are.

It doesn't have to be that way though, You can choose to change it. Only you can choose to make that change though.

Hate is like prejudice. You don't need it in your life, even though it is there. It's an option you can buy into everyday if you want to. That doesn't mean you have to.

I've seen many members on this site say that hate is a natural part of being human. They are wrong. Hate is a choice, just like happiness is a choice. Which one you choose will determine the world you live in.

Stop being the victim and take charge of your own life. The world we live in is changing and it's time to grow up. It's time to take responsiblity for your own life.

You hate everything because you choose to.

Only you can change that.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's not you as such, but the way 'they' want you to feel.

Every day you are bombarded with subtle and subliminal messages such as advertising, we are given false heroes (such as idiotic yet beautiful celebrities) that a lot of people strive to be.

Sod all that #e.

Get out into the country, in your favourite locale of choice (beach, woods, mountains, fields - wherever) just get away from all the materialistic crap and take a deep breath.

The world isn't all bad.

I don't wish to sound like i'm patronising you or even sound like a new age hippy or anything like that, but in all honesty we have lost touch with nature, in the old days we lived to survive, now we live to be like someone else and that is what makes us hate and want.

Sod all that, get out there and live life as we used to.

I feel for you mate, cos i used to suffer from crippling depression after studying the state of the world, and it took me a long time to realise that not all the world is bad.

There are many good things out there, it's just a matter of appreciating the smaller things in life and turning your back on the bull sh*t.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
They are wrong. Hate is a choice, just like happiness is a choice. Which one you choose will determine the world you live in.

I'm sorry but you are the one who is so very wrong.

Hate & Happiness are both emotions and emotions are feelings, you cannot choose what you feel for something. Thoughts are tied into emotions you choose your thoughts based on your emotions, you don't choose your emotions based on your thoughts!

To Ajax yes everything you listed is true, however you may only get 1 life do you want to waste it being miserable or do you want to spend it being happy ? Do what YOU want to do, it's your life noone controls it but you and only you can change how you percieve it

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with you.. Life does suck, and it is all about money. And when you're broke, and see things you want, but can't afford, it's even worse.

Some of these things are necessities, while others are luxuries, but we want them all the same, and it makes us feel bitter and resentful of those who do posess them. I've found though, the wanting is much more enjoyable than the having. After all, they're just things, and have no real ability to make us feel better or worse. It's all a matter of personal perception. People with money, new cars, and fancy homes are no happier than anyone else. They have their own set of problems unique to their situation.

The key to psychological survival is to be grateful for the things you do have. Whether it's your family, your children, your health, the fact that you have a roof over your head, food in your belly, or a bed to sleep in at night. No matter how bad we think things are for us, there's someone out there who has it far worse. We all have things to be thankful for, we just sometimes forget and take them for granted.

I hope you get feeling better dude. Life's to short to piss it away be depressed and resentful.

[edit on 7/8/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
it's your life noone controls it but you and only you can change how you percieve it

Okay...so how is that not a "choice"? Not that I entirely agree or disagree with either you or MrWupy, it's just the difference between what you are saying and what he is saying is only semantics.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The negative stuff in this world can be very overwhelming.Sometimes you wanna just scream WHY?.I am going to tell you something..its gonna be ok.We must go through this.It may not seem fair it may seem stupid.I at times feel the way you do.The things that go on in this world just makes me sad and mad,but there is something inside that tells me its going to turn out ok.It can be very hard to see with all the pain and misery and complete lack of respect that we have for each other.Why must we suffer before it turns around? That I dont know,but its gonna be ok.Dont give up and please try not to add to the junk thats already out there because its gonna be ok.It may not even get better in your life time,but its gonna be ok.This may not something you wanna hear thats cool,but its gonna be ok.Tell your love ones just how much you love them.Smile at the old person that pass you way.Think about the couple that for years have tried to have children but couldnt till one day they finally did.Imagine the joy those two people felt.As hard as it may seem try with all your might to imagine a world with no hate no hunger no need for money.Dont worry...its gonna be ok.OP I have added you to my friends list.U2U me anytime if you want to talk.Im no shrink just a regular guy that knows how you feel

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Forget money. Your post to me raised the age old question... What would you do if you won the lottery? Not with the money.. but what would you DO? Creating things is the only thing I've found to be satisfying enough to snap out of those despondent moments. For me it's music, but it could be anything. Try it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by Discotech
it's your life noone controls it but you and only you can change how you percieve it

Okay...so how is that not a "choice"? Not that I entirely agree or disagree with either you or MrWupy, it's just the difference between what you are saying and what he is saying is only semantics.

Because he is focusing too much on the things he hates and not the things he likes, thats where the choice lies. He can't change what he likes or hates but he can choose to change where the focus lies on what he likes or hates.

It's so much easier to give up & dwell on things that make you miserable than it is to push yourself and enjoy the things in life you love, which is what most people do because complaining is the easiest thing in the world to do

[edit on 8/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You hate everything because you choose to see the worst of things. You were brought up in a time of priviledge, and you think you're being deinied your entitlement. Go out and work your ass off for it same as everyone I know did. Or, you can whine about it and hypothesize about how this or that secret organization is putting you down, controlling your life, stacking the deck.

These are hard words, I know. You have a computer. That puts you in the top 10% of the world. I expect you have shoes too -- top 10 again. Do you wonder where your next meal will come from?

Listen, I'm sorry the way this came out, truly. I was posting on the thread about "We should be ashamed of how we are not supporting the troops" and it hit a nerve. I am disgusted tonight, and that's rare for me, a normally upbeat and jolly person.

I'm not going to delete this post........ I think there's a grain of truth in it, but I also think I projected a lot of my anger onto you that you didn't deserve, and I'm sorry.

It's never too late to experience wonder. There. The culmilnation of my experiences.

Be well.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If I may, what are you doing to change your life around?

After I watched Into the Wild, I asked myself why I didn't go out and be free... living in the literal present moment and enjoying the aspects of being alive and surviving out in the wilderness...

I determined I lacked the courage to drop all the conditioning and "comforts" and I didn't have the heart to leave my friends/family behind.

If you think that money is all bad, which I would have to agree with, do you have the courage and heart to live another way? And if not, will you be willing to see the full half and not gazing towards where the grass is always greener? And remember... it could be a lot worse

Good luck. The tides will change. They always do.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Life is futile. You hate everything because you are intelligent enough to have figured out that you are nothing more than a hamster on a wheel.

Death is easy....life is hard. And happiness only exists in Disney movies and fairy tales.

The sooner you stop expecting to be happy, the sooner you will accept your fate and come to terms with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way

life is never fair

i work in a hospital and love helping people

im not rich, but i have a roof over my head, clothes and food and family and friends to enjoy

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You hate everything because you have never experienced true love. When I say true love I mean love that has nothing but you in mind. God is true love, but because you have rejected that love your love has grown cold. Because you don't believe in God, I know that from your post. You think you have figured it all out, but yet for all your wisdom you are miserable. I know why i'm here, and what my purpose is in this largely insane world. I know that when this life is over, then my real life will begin, a life of perfection of pure non diseased existence under rule of the creator of the universe.

I believe in God because I have seen, you may not believe because you have not seen, or refuse to see. But seeking that love is a start, and what could it hurt, your life sucks right now or you wouldn't be on here complaining. The problem with the Christian faith is that too many people think it is a religion, which it isn't. It has gotten a very bad rap from those who wpuld have their followers believe they somehow speak for God, and they make up their own rules.

I'm revealing the truth, and although I don't understand everything there is to know about this life, I know what I'm doing right here right now and what my purpose is in this life. Because the spiritual (supernatural) has crossed over into my life on several occasions and the change or impact was without question positive in not only the physical realm, but also the spiritual realm.

I used to think I was a genius until I relized I was nothing but a smug hypocrite know it all. That is where you are at, but you wont believe me because you have figured it all out, and what is the point anyway, right?

Do yourself a favor, forget everything you think is right and start to seek that which you have missed, the true love that only God can show which will give you a reason to stop hating and start living with a purpose.

Without purpose there can be no love, without love there is no purpose.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Man, there be some BS flying around this thread. No offense to posters, it's clear that it's very well-intentioned BS, but it's BS nonetheless.

Happiness is not a choice. Emotions are not a choice. Thoughts are not a choice either. Emotions are driven by thoughts, thoughts are driven by emotions. But both are a reaction, not an action. I would agree that we have some degree of control over our thoughts and emotions, but not enough so that we can simply 'choose' to be happy.

And I speak from experience. I've been unhappy for most of my life, and have tried many many things to change this, including the aforementioned CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) style of 'think happy thoughts'.

Nothing is ever completely terrible, nothing is ever completely great. But if you live for a long time with way more things completely terrible than those things completely great, you'll end up feeling pretty lousy - trust me.

But hey, if you manage to become happy just by deciding to be happy - more power to you. Just don't go around preaching it like it will work for everyone, cause it simply doesn't.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The question becomes...

Who built this?

&

Where are "they" watching us from?

.......What do "they" gain?

I agree it's a hopscotch operation we live.... but the people doing well are the ones who are good at taking advantage of others... or in the most subtle cases they know how to 'appeal' to others, and thus have willing servants ... err.. I mean fans...

Then the other question becomes..

Who do I have to use as an example, so I won't be a dick like everyone else.

Who cares what job you wanna do, as you've stated they're all the same B$, so go with the one you can get the most money from until you decide what the hell you wanna do, it won't take you long if you watch how everyone else acts like a dick to get what they want, but you get what you want by NOT being a dick, because you have direction, even if it is to just screw around until you figure out something better, but no one is going to hand you something better, that's for sure... you have to imagine it, and then create it.. most people are to lazy to be creative enough to actually find something that works.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join