It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stun Bracelet for ALL Airline Passengers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Stun Bracelet for ALL Airline Passengers?

www.washingtontimes.com

Just when you thought you’ve heard it all...

A senior government official with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has expressed great interest in a so-called safety bracelet that would serve as a stun device, similar to that of a police Taser®. According to this promotional video found at the Lamperd Less Lethal website, the bracelet would be worn by all airline passenger
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh GREAT, now they want to be able to shock you at will on airplanes!

What is wrong with these people, are these people power or control freaks or just sadists?

Now they want to attach a bracelet on every airline passenger JUST IN CASE you do something they may deem "suspicious" on a plane. This is NUTS.

This bracelet would:

• take the place of an airline boarding pass

contain personal information about the traveler

• be able to monitor the whereabouts of each passenger and his/her luggage

shock the wearer on command, completely immobilizing him/her for several minutes

I can just see this thing malfunctioning and zapping people for no reason, or even causing heart attacks or killing people!

Or maybe even "terrorist" electrical wizards figuring out what radio frequency this device works on and then zapping everybody on the plane into submission and THEN taking the plane over!

And how fast, if a terrorist incident did occur, could they figure out exactly who this person is out of a hundred or more people on the plane and which button to push (or however it will work) before the terrorist "gets to the shockER" and immobilizes them, taking over the ability to shock everybody!

I'd rather passengers themselves have the ability to fight a terrorist than allow this device to fall into the hands of a terrorist, taking there chance of fighting back away for fear of being "shocked".

This device is better suited for the government to control a misbehaving US citizen on a plane then a trained terrorist.

Are we that scared that we feel this is necessary?

I sure hope not!

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It wasn't posted in Breaking Alt News, but there is another thread with this same topic being discussed, or as it may be not dicussed.

Just wanted to loop these subjects together in case other threads get started.

Another notch in the NWOs belt? Airports may offer Electronic ID Bracelet/Taser!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea!! but instead of the state putting them on us, we should have them fitted PERMANENTLY to anyone entering office. If they muck up or step out of place they get zapped by the entire population

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would love to see the lawsuits against the airlines for making children, elderly, and those with heart problems/pace makers wear these. I bet that would quickly make the change their minds.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know I'm not even mad anymore. This just gets me so sad. The fact that people will agree with this kind of thing, and have been dumbed down enough to actually wear one just makes me feel sorry for the rest of America.

Thanks for ruining my day.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No surprise here. It's just part of the process of stripping away our individual rights. What's next? Placing these bracelets on school children as a means of them in line.

I personally think that citizens will deem this move as to intrusive, and refuse to comply. No one wants to be forced to wear an item that could potentially harm them.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
this exposes the fact that USA treats its own like animals ...

wow , more crimes against humanity will be committed by USA

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If this was ever passed and employed, it would be on the right track to making the whole population wear them 'just in case' anyone decided to break the law.

All they've gotta say is the magic word: Terrorism.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Committed by THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA yes, but not The United States.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I bet in less than a 1/2 hour i could break this down and use it as a tool to take over a plane.

Sounds like a good idea on paper I'm sure . But your just giving ("them" whoever they may be) . Tools/weapons to use against you/us.

Who are they trying to kid?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If this idea is implemented, and revolution doesn't immediately break out, this country is finished.

No hope at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is just going too far! If this is true, and becomes reality, refuse tp fly! The loss of revenue will soon make them change their minds.

It's about time we told these people where to go. All this anti-terror legislation goes way beyond anything reasonable.

They've become complete control freaks. This is just getting flat-out dangerous.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The only place i see these being a good idea is in prison.

Not in UK prisons of course, that would be far too nasty to the inmates.

Otherwise, an accident waiting to happen.

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I agree!

But then you'll have lawyers saying it's "cruel and unusual punishment" having those prisoners walking around 24 hours a day with a device on that might shock them at any time!

Imagine the psychological duress and trauma this would cause them, never knowing when they may get zapped! (SARCASM)

But hey, it's alright to stick the devices onto the arms of citizens that want to board a plane because they have to "CONSENT" to have the bracelet put on their arm in order to board the plane!

I'd like to see them just TRY to put a device like that in prisons just to hear the uproar it would cause!

I also think the power this device gives would all too often end up being abused and used for the wrong reasons.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ever see the movie Deadlock?

We're getting closer to that reality everyday. Sad.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What really concerns me is the subjective nature of those who would have the capacity to administer the shock. With all the knee jerk reactions people have, especially with the stereotype against certain ethnic groups, there is the potential for an inadvertant shock...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

Uh, to remind you. These measures are having to be considered (and I hope they are rejected!) not because the U.S. population are being treated like animals. It is rather because of what the terrorist "animals" you seem to be supporting have done.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by manson_322

Uh, to remind you. These measures are having to be considered (and I hope they are rejected!) not because the U.S. population are being treated like animals. It is rather because of what the terrorist "animals" you seem to be supporting have done.

Then the terrorists have already won, the whole idea of a terrorist is to create terror since 9/11 your own government has done a better job at creating terror than any terrorist could ever have achieved. They're all sitting in the caves chonging on their huka pipes chuckling at how easy it is to scare a super power into punishing it's entire populace.

Originally posted by American Government
You are free to do as we tell you

You are losing your freedoms slowly but surely, the constitution you all prides yourselves on is slowly being eroded away before your eyes yet you all do nothing because you fear the terrorists more than losing your own freedoms.

Like I said these terrorist scumbags needn't do anything anymore, they have already won the war on terror, people are full of fear now of "what if's" instead of living life & being free

[edit on 7/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me so much? It's a natural progression considering the state the world is in these days, isn't it?

[sarcasm]
Putting these bracelets on suggests removal. That's really nice.
[/sarcasm]

[progress]
How long will it take before such devises are installed somewhere within newborns, to be a life-long control mechanism?
[/progress]

You can tell me this can't happen until you're blue in the face, but it's the evolution we're watching develop in our lifetimes. Big Brother is no longer content with just watching, BB is acting.

Just who are the terrorists anyway? Mom and pop taking little Suzie to Disneyworld? I'm sure they'll be happy to see that bracelet snapped onto little Suzie's wrist after they've arrived for their flight.

IF this idea becomes a reality (shudder at the thought), there's going to be lots of seats available.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join