It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Belthermar

Hey,

i was just jokin

but I understand you, I feel the same exact way.
dont let him make a fool out of you.
good job.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I totally agree with you there man! good job denying ignorance!

kudos +20

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I don't think calling him idiot plonker is wise, that is not allowed here.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Are you a moderator or something.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm signing off now... Real life is calling... food, paper work and a good book will put me to sleep soon...

Need to get ready for a convention next week and the topic that's going to be at the top of the list will be... guess what.... How media influences people, especially children.

If you want to talk about these things, just mail me and we can continue with a more civilized conversation about things that actually matter.

For now... and till next time... have a great day... and that goes for all of you here on the site.... just cause I don't agree with your reality doesn't mean I need to be rude to you.

Sayonara!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferengi

I just dont think it's right that someone can make a fool out of so many people it's inhumane. I am not writing off the paranormal or that would make me a just as bad as him for even coming on this sight. Im just saying keep the peace and treat these people like humans and stop trying to develop a little "I killed an alien cult"

Harry Krishna and peace lol

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

This is definitely an interesting turn of events. I suspect you are either telling the truth or you are the X-Factor necessary to pump this thread for another 10 pages.

From the definitive entrance you

* allowed that you know Dan personally.
* went to school with him.
* found this idea on a youtube video.
* has no wife and child.

Thanks.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Snake Plisskin

When Guy and others I know of assert that it has worked 100% . . . of course, that's in their experiences.

However, their experience now includes 100's of cases.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the bit that a person with an authentic experience need never be at the mercy of someone with merely an opinion or argument.

I'll still trust Guy's experience through extensive experiences in number of cases and in intensity of cases.

It's very congruent with my own experiences with folks into the occult.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

hahahaha did you really draw this picture? So a gold smiling ninja turtle broke into your house and tried to abduct your wife?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

This is definitely an interesting turn of events. I suspect you are either telling the truth or you are the X-Factor necessary to pump this thread for another 10 pages.

From the definitive entrance you

* allowed that you know Dan personally.
* went to school with him.
* found this idea on a youtube video.
* has no wife and child.

Thanks.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by garyo1954]

but unfortunately he didn't link us to the video(or did I miss the link?) - didn't tell us when the last time he saw Dan (could have been 15 years ago for all we know) nor tell us how he knows that there is no wife and child.....so his proof is heresay as well....

[edit on 7-7-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Are you willing to share what happened in the forest that night?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_one_below

hahahaha did you really draw this picture? So a gold smiling ninja turtle broke into your house and tried to abduct your wife?

hahahahahahahaa

Man so many pages. Only evidence available are some photos of "wounds" (and i use the word LIGHTLY) I could use a fork to get that effect and say it was a 6ft alien that could electrify me and get a 32+ star thread. We seriously need the MOD's to call it on this one. I mean many have said hoax many have said true. could we start a poll or something to determine how many vote true, hoax and dont know to lable this as hoax?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

That was my question as well. So what do you think?
Should we go watch every alien/human fight video on youtube?

Patience is a virtue I don't have.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Time to deny some ignorance.

Belthermar has done nothing but denigrate, troll, and otherwise attempt to disrupt this thread. He has also been caught in a lie as shown here:

Belthermar claims to be from the UK:
(Bold added by me)

Originally posted by Belthermar
1) unfortunatley Im not american so i dont celebrate 4th of july, But happy 4th of July to all who do.

I totally agree as i was saying in my last post i feel "different" but yes yesterday morning uk time sunday about 10 30am i felt that too extremly strange. But im new to this. So if anyone has any clue to what on earth has changed please fill me in.

Belthermar claims to personally know Dan:

HOW DO I KNOW THIS?? YOU KNOW ME AND I KNOW YOU!! Shall we reveal everything all shall we take this story straight to the next level???????

reply to post by realshanti

Infact yes sorry cant name his wife or child as they dont exist yet sorry! And you know as well as i do, I would risk my membership on here if i was to reveal his name, address, telephone number etc. but he has brown hair is 5' 7" weighs about 9 and 1/2 - 10 stone.

History wise difficult because he's always been a little bit of an exentric guy a nice guy by all means. at school little bit of an outcast liked to think he was popular by trying to hang out with the popular kids but i was one of his few friends.
[edit on 7-7-2008 by Belthermar]

And yet, here he claims that Dan is not from the UK because he uses an American server:

img524.imageshack.us/img524/9937/handyrr1.jpg

Funny thing technology how for some reason your from scotland but you uploaded your picture to the above link whats that A AMERUCAN SERVER YOU FOOL IDIOT PLONKER!!!!! THERE YOU GO HE SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT!!!!!

So which is it Belthermar? If you and Dan both live in the UK and you know him personally and went to school with him, how can you then claim he is not from the UK?

Your posts in this thread have been very hostile and confrontational to the OP. You have posted in a very agitated manner. You seem to be claiming to be in some sort of secret government group with 1337 hacking skills.

You claim to have a degree in psychology. Psychologist, Heal Thyself!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Hey, Bro . . . none of this was any huge surprise was it? I think the private forum folks warned you and you knew without their warning that this was going to be machine gun alley with lots of folks pontificating off the top of their biases, their haughtiness, their Monday morning quarterbacking . . .

I have not read most of their noise. I don't find it fitting or useful to me in the least. I think it's insulting, full of cheap shots and not well thought out no matter how erudite or pseudo-scientific they try to make their pontifications sound.

I certainly have a bias to give folks the benefit of the doubt in such situations until I'm forced to think otherwise. I suppose it's part of my nature in trying to reach out and comfort, support hurting bewildered folks etc.

However, in your case, dozens of subtle nuance things all spell authentic to me--the sorts of things I'd use to guage honesty in a formal session with me as the psychologist listening to spouses tell two sides of a story etc.

So, I decided early on you were telling your story absolutely authentcally as you EXPERIENCED IT--not even as you dreamed it but as you tangibly experienced it. I have seen no reason to adjust that assessment.

People rant about this or that petty inconsistency. It would be more UNREAL if there were NOT such petty inconsistencies. Our memories and recollections are not computer based, generated, vetted. They are HUMAN! DOH!

Please avoid getting your ego hooked by all the naysayers. It seems that the net breeds naysayers like . . . rabbits. And also, that folks with a gram's worth of naysaying in their blood turn into monster naysayers after merely a few lines of posting. I think it's something about our Western culture as well as something about human nature and something about the net. Then the game quickly becomes competing for the most clever, erudite sounding pseudo-scientific EXPOSURE FILLED naysaying post that PROVES A HOAX FIRST.

Whoop-T-do.

I'm just not impressed with naysayers--often even when they are right. Their typical attitudes tend to be arrogant and stink. Who needs that. In your trauma, I don't think you do.

Ignore the chaff. It's not worth it.

You are working to make sense out of your experience and to take care of your wife and child and to prevent anything further happening to any of you. That's a tall order on top of daily life. Keep that focus and ignore the detracters. They are not adding anything to those efforts or goals, that I've seen yet.

Just my two cents.

But color me still a strong supporter in your camp. Rain on the naysayers.

Am I ever wrong in my assessments about folks who tell interpersonal stories in psychological counseling sessions? Occasionally. Is it possible I'm wrong about you? Theoretically. I consider it an extremely low risk.

Even if tomorrow you warned me by U2U that you were publically going to confess a hoax, I'd still be your supporter. That's the way I'm made. But I see no realistic possibility of such a scenario occurring.

You and your story continue to ring true to me. That's just how I call it.

Please keep your focus on the goals related to your own health and your family I noted above. Ignore the chaff. Ignore the chaff. Ignore the chaff.

Sincerely,

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefeater
Are you willing to share what happened in the forest that night?

Haha you can't seriously be thinking that...? or is it possible?
Did you have an affair with a female Grey in the forest? What
are you leaving out?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This post is in now way an attempt to "flame" the OP, or really, achieve anything negative for that matter. I believe in a lot of crazy things, and even some that have no facts to provide substance.

First off, thanks for sharing the story.

This story is hard to believe... rather, more appropriately, it is hard to stomach. At first I felt pretty darn skeptical about it due to the nature in which the story was relayed to the public. It started off with many explanations as to why it was presented in the manner that it was, then preceeded to a sensational story with many references to "the good news"...

This is what initially strengthened my skeptisism. Though we know next to nothing about extraterrestial entities, it is hard to imagine a species with the technology to get in the house without a hitch then make a sound to awaken its owners. The point made by... it's way back in the thread so forgive me for not finding the appropriate owner... about the cleaners being able to scrub down (human terms) the room without a sound yet the singular alien was goofy-footed sounds contradictory. Though the possibly remains that they could have put the fam to sleep during this clean-up, why would they not have done it initially before the first event? And if the alien's friends were up in the craft, why didn't they come and get his back? If they saw their kind get mangled, why did they not come through and blast the entire house to kingdom come (pardon the disturbing imagery)?

Now, I think it's important to see this thread being written by somebody who has garnered some respect on this site, but in reverse, we have to analyze this post minus that detail just the same. I can imagine if somebody without 10000 points (like me) had written that story... just as we can embrace credibility for the reason that he is respected here, we must also look at the 10000 points of ATS experience as training and methods with which to relay the story in the best, most convincing manner that would hit upon all of the points that would be brought up associated to such a story (such as a witness, a family-type situation we all can relate to, pictures, sketches, etc.)

To Dan, I am trying to understand your emotional state, but it's pretty critical that you welcome all reasonable posts, as you can witness how any thread on here gets dissected (any unreasonable post, of course, is unwarranted).

Another part that felt really weird was when his wife started to post. This is pure speculation on my part based on zero expertise so... the writing seemed... off. It could be the language relay... it could be a style, a preference, a peculiarity... but it just felt off. The points that were mentioned rang a bell, and so did other little things such as the... almost forced-style in different writing. The other, better (jk
) half of the same person. Perhaps this is what marraige is like, but I found oddities with how "husband" was used. I cannot put my finger on it but the text was just... off.

The mundane meandering on ATS in the days right after the incident rang a really big bell. The delay in the response and the response itself to inquiries about this rang strange. Indeed there was sufficient time to come up with the reply, but it could have simply been a matter of sleep time and no response time. Perhaps if the OP was indulging in similar encounters and experiences, or doing mad research on the subject, this would have been a wee bit easier to stomach as a victim of a traumatic, life-altering experience.

The anger expressed in the posts directed towards the opposition also alarmed me. The only way that I could understand this reaction would be due to the comments made against his family. But, as any sensational story here, all of the questions/debunkers/sleuths are going to have their take on this. If me, and many others felt one way about the peculiarities of the text (another one besides the one stated earlier would be how certain things are capitalized and then they're not, which is apparent in both) from both Dan and his wife, then it warrants a discussion, no?

It has to be admitted that, despite the gracious postings of many pictures and drawings, they are far from proof and lack the ability of being fact. The events that Dan may have gone through... seem to speak of a primitive sort of ET, as one getting stabbed a hundred times would speak of the ET's ability to use his wits and technology to avoid such a confrontation.

It must be hard to retain a job after such an experience, with messing up your sleeping schedule and mental health and all.

Another thing to note is how the mood of the storytelling has abruptly changed from a descriptive, stab-by-stab account of the events, to an introspective one. This is reasonable, but the thoroughly descriptive recollection mixed with the weapon-mongering, and the constant reminder of "the good news"... this methodology seemed pretty inconsistent with the topic at hand, plus the peculiar emphasis on certain things made the story seem fabricated, rather than honest. This is just an opinion, so take it for what it is.

I just read the post on the anomoly of the picture of the ring finger being posted from the States, but I will wait for the OP's reply.

And last, but not least, is the tone taken from the OP as the thread gets bigger and bigger. I cannot quite put my finger on it... but the tone does not feel like it is, at all, matched to the genesis of this thread. It is utterly different, and rather than engage in a fascination of the subject, it wanders off into just another run-o'-the-mill chit chat.

I state, again, that these are my opinions (and some other opinions I agree with), and I could be wrong, no doubt. But these questions/inquiries still remain.

Engaging, at the least.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I think this is one of the most amazing encounter stories ive heard you lnow ive always wanted to meet an alien but sometimes i wonder if its going to be a violent meeting or a pleseant meeting.I dont know how u can sleep now Dan...after this.I think if i was in your case i prob would have reacted the same if i thought it was going for my wife and kids

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
AND THATS THE END OF THAT....

i have followed and read every post of this thread for the past few days, not contributed to much,
i can't believe the level some of you people stoop to. this is a conspiracy based website, look up the meaning,

i for one have my own opinion but i;m not sharing it on here now, ot after what i have seen

ciao

trekker

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trekker

And you still have not contributed. What is the point of your post? I ask in a friendly manner

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join