It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Snap is 100% on. +1

The trolls need to get a life and if they don't like something, just leave. Seems pretty simple to me. What makes you think your word means anything? If you don't want to read it. LEAVE

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by realshanti

That was my question as well. So what do you think?
Should we go watch every alien/human fight video on youtube?

Patience is a virtue I don't have.

Nah... I'm sure he'll come back to badger Dan some more and maybe he'll answer our questions at that time...

Gotta say I don't understand why peeps get so hysterical and on their high horse...if its a hoax- so the f### what?? Not gonna ruin my day and its a fab story....

If its the truth not gonna ruin my day and its a fab story...

Plus while reading this thread I listened to Terrence McKenna, Rupert Sheldrake, and Ralph Abraham discuss chaos theory, the divine imagination and morphic resonance at Esalen Institute....all in all a very productive and entertaining afternoon....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This story is DEFINATELY not true, do yourselves a favour and save a few IQ points by choosing not to believe this nonsense.
This is an imaginative writing style, there were way too many details left out to actually be able to pursuade someone this is infact true... If these events were true, then the blank parts would be filled with info.
He either dosed himself with '___' then fell asleep, or he is reving us all up...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

i said if you read it properly"not contributed to much" ie just a little bit

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by trekker

Do not worry, I read it properly. Thus, I state that you still have not contributed. And I ask again, what is the point of your post?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Peepers

Don't know if you noted this in Dan's recounting of the event, but he clearly stated that his wife tossed the knife to him, which he then used to bludgeon the creature, which I assume means by the haft of the knife, the handle. This is a common approach with folks who have been trained in hand-to-hand combat, and a haft strike can be more deadly to the head in particular, than with the blade end, as it's difficult to penetrate the skull with the blade end.

In regard to his wife standing by and not pitching in, I have to think that (1) she was intent on protecting their child and (2) were I, a person with skills, involved in close combat with someone, my Bride might step in, but not if she would become part of the problem. If I were prevailing, she might wait, not wanting to get in the way. If I were loosing, and death or severe injury were a possibility, she would unleash the hounds of hell and all manner of whoopass on the person.

Like you, I am looking at this event with a inquisitive eye. I believe them. I'm not prone to quickly falling in line with a tall tale, quite the opposite, and I don't expect that me saying that changes anything for anyone.

I still have a bad feeling on the whole thing. Especially if he used his fist for numerous blows to the head. they should be red and swollen as well as sore to use.

Wifey sitting on the bed watching, she should of done one or the other and thats jump in or grab the kid and hit the door. Something just not right here.

I wrote: I have to say at this point this story is not physical reality and lies else where. I do not totally dismiss the story because something happened, just not exactly as it was remembered or how it unfolded.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumReality
This story is DEFINATELY not true, do yourselves a favour and save a few IQ points by choosing not to believe this nonsense.

May I ask you if in the future something really strange happens to you would you be willing to post it here if you thought someone would say the above?

Yes, some are bunk, but also some may be true and without a shred of evidence to prove them up. We need to keep the line open people. The few gems might not happen here if they think they'll be roasted, For Telling The Truth. Let them tell their story and if you don't agree post once and then move on, ya'll are acting like a bunch of jackals.

STM

[edit on 7/8/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

I still have a bad feeling on the whole thing. Especially if he used his fist for numerous blows to the head. they should be red and swollen as well as sore to use

Seems to me . . . that would depend overwhelmingly on the consistency, density of the fisman's skull as well as the thickness of soft tissue between the skin and the bone or cartlidge.

Though I understand that assumptions are only kosher from the naysaying camp and assumptions on the other side are automatically wrong.

Sigh.

Ain't Monday Morning quarterbacking such a wonderfully exact science full of such easy and wonderful proofs! What a job.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
I still have a bad feeling on the whole thing. Especially if he used his fist for numerous blows to the head. they should be red and swollen as well as sore to use.

Wifey sitting on the bed watching, she should of done one or the other and thats jump in or grab the kid and hit the door. Something just not right here.

Depends on how he struck the fishman. If he hit it with a closed fist using his knuckles, then he could have gotten a condition called "boxer's hand" where the small bones bend but don't break. Takes a week or two for it to heal completely. There would also be swelling. Or he could have broken a bone. Called Boxer's fracture:
orthopedics.about.com...

If he made a fist and hit the fishman with the edge of his hand, along the pinky finger, then he would probably not have had any structural damage to his hand, but could still have swelling.

Either way Dan, you might want to have a talk with the wife about throwing a fixed blade knife at you.

*edit to add that plenty of people get into fist fights without any damage to their hands. So this really isn't an indication of his story being false.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Snap]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

May I ask you if in the future something really strange happens to you would you be willing to post it here if you thought someone would say the above?

Yes, some are bunk, but also some may be true and without a shred of evidence to prove them up. We need to keep the line open people. The few gems might not happen here if they think they'll be roasted, For Telling The Truth. Let them tell their story and if you don't agree post once and then move on, ya'll are acting like a bunch of jackals.

STM

[edit on 7/8/2008 by seentoomuch]

I tell you what, no i wouldnt, not if it was as gappy as this, why would i want to cop flack for what seems to be a pathetic hoax??
It is highly unbelievable for people who can do the math, all of the events make it so. Over 100 fatal blows with a kitana? Name me ONE living creature that could withstand that ammount of fatal blows?? Not even a blue whale lol

But not only that, it then even had enough strength to raise it hands and grab hold of him in mercy, and then electrocute him, and THEN make its way out of the house in an unknown manner.... *sniff sniff* It smells bad to me

[edit on 8-7-2008 by QuantumReality]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Pardon my error.
Wrong thread.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I tell you what, no i wouldnt, not if it was as gappy as this, why would i want to cop flack for what seems to be a pathetic hoax??
It is highly unbelievable for people who can do the math, all of the events make it so. Over 100 fatal blows with a kitana? Name me ONE living creature that could withstand that ammount of fatal blows?? Not even a blue whale lol

But not only that, it then even had enough strength to raise it hands and grab hold of him in mercy, and then electrocute him, and THEN make its way out of the house in an unknown manner.... *sniff sniff* It smells bad to me

It did not make it's way out of his house in an unknown manner. This would seem to imply that it crawled away. He clearly said that it vanished in plain sight, or teleported away somehow.

He never mentions a katana anywhere in his posts, are you sure you have read it correctly?

The OP also stated that he was confused as to how this creature survived with so much damage in his initial post, so this does not appear to be a hole in his story, as he was equally puzzled as to how the creature could survive the damage he inflicted on it.

We have no idea what the creature's anatomy was like, it could have been much more robust than a human. Would you expect to stab a bear and have it drop dead?

Even so there have been many cases of people surviving multiple stab wounds:

Woman survives being stabbed 26 times:
www.enctoday.com/news/mcclain_56148_jdn__article.html/survived_conway.html

Teen girl stabbed 32 times survives:
www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=brave-recovery-of-teenage-girl-stabbed-32-times-by-boyfriend&method=full&objectid=20624882&siteid=93463-name_page.ht ml

Woman stabbed more than 10 times in the face and eyes survives:
www.click2houston.com...

Man stabbed 25 times survives:
www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/tm_headline=man-stabbed-in-death-plot-by-his-family&method=full&objectid=18647621&siteid=50003-name_page. html

*edit to fix URL tags

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by trekker
AND THATS THE END OF THAT....

i have followed and read every post of this thread for the past few days, not contributed to much,
i can't believe the level some of you people stoop to. this is a conspiracy based website, look up the meaning,

i for one have my own opinion but i;m not sharing it on here now, ot after what i have seen

ciao

trekker

Whats your opinion Trekker? I mean it couldn't be as bad as the people spouting for the online hanging of this thread....

Please share your views

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snap

It did not make it's way out of his house in an unknown manner. This would seem to imply that it crawled away. He clearly said that it vanished in plain sight, or teleported away somehow.

He never mentions a katana anywhere in his posts, are you sure you have read it correctly?

The OP also stated that he was confused as to how this creature survived with so much damage in his initial post, so this does not appear to be a hole in his story, as he was equally puzzled as to how the creature could survive the damage he inflicted on it.

We have no idea what the creature's anatomy was like, it could have been much more robust than a human. Would you expect to stab a bear and have it drop dead?

Even so there have been many cases of people surviving multiple stab wounds:

Woman survives being stabbed 26 times:
www.enctoday.com/news/mcclain_56148_jdn__article.html/survived_conway.html

Teen girl stabbed 32 times survives:
www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=brave-recovery-of-teenage-girl-stabbed-32-times-by-boyfriend&method=full&objectid=20624882&siteid=93463-name_page.ht ml

Woman stabbed more than 10 times in the face and eyes survives:
www.click2houston.com...

Man stabbed 25 times survives:
www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/tm_headline=man-stabbed-in-death-plot-by-his-family&method=full&objectid=18647621&siteid=50003-name_page. html

*edit to fix URL tags

Ofcouse i would expect a bear to drop dead after being stabbed over 100 times, I am not that absent minded... None of these people had their face and throat shredded like news paper! And the rest of their body mutilated with a japanese fighting knife.
You can stab me 20 times in the guts and yes i may live, but not if youve also made a mess of my throat un repairable, face mutilated and stabbed my eyes out.
I believe we earthlings are not the only life form in this universe, though this is just crazy talk

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You know, as ive been reading through this thread i have this nagging theory brewing. Dan you say you were overcome with rage, and attacked. Also the lack of fight from the creature makes me wonder if maybe this is what was supposed to happen. What if this creatures only reason for being there was to provoke hostility and record the after effects. Maybe he was there to see what humans can do when pushed to the brink.

Im shooting from the hip on this one, but the way you describe your rage almost makes me think it was planted, or a provoked reaction.

The only thing that bugs me is the extent of the violence from your part, if it really was not provoked. When your wife says she had to stop you, and she could see and hear its cries and anguish.....It makes me wonder if you potentially just attacked a peaceful being inside your home. I cant condone the violence and suffering you brought upon this creature, but at the same time no one can really know just what its intentions were.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by SilentBob86]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think this story isn't true and has something to do with a RATS test just to see just how gullible people are on ATS.Or it might be a complete hoax?
Just think about, if he had really been in such a violent struggle with this fish man there would be alot more bruises and cuts on him.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Mr Tanna,

I believe you live in Scotland. Do you mind me asking in which area? Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Stirling, etc?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by icybluebeing

I suggest you go to RATS yourself then(when you get enough points) and search for this 'RATS cover up-hoax-test' for yourself.

To everyone else:I must say this thread has multiplied to an insane amount of responses(In three days it went from page one,to page 30,to now an insane page 52.....)I think this(like I have said before) could potentially be the biggest case in Ufology history and I believe ATS should devote all of it's possible resources to solving this or at least to come to a better researched descision.I also think MUFON should be called,the UFO picture analyzed(not picture info but the picture itself),I know Dan wants to keep this out of anywhere but ATS,but I don't know if that is possible now with all the publicity his account has gotten.Obviously this is one of the bigger threads in ATS history to my knowledge(I know it is not the biggest-yet) and we know that it has undoubtedly garnered 'outside attention'.In saying that I wish we could figure some way to get Dan's wound pictures analyzed by some type of expert(I know that unfortunately it is to late for a physical examination as the wounds undoubtedly have healed,plus I think Dan would want that for his family).I have not been able to keep up with the rapid pace of this thread and thus have not read hardly any of the last 20 pages,nor half of the first 30(I still know all the details from initial contacts with Dan and involvement in the 'core' of the thread early on),as I have other obligations outside of ATS and don't have the time to read all of the numerous pages.So I am sorry if anything I have said in this post has already been mentioned(I know I asked Dan about MUFON and he adamantly said no).I do want to say this though because I think this case warrants much more detailed expert investigation by multiple entities,as seen by this being a highly debated,heated,and sometimes out right nasty "ATS Big Thread".I realize any kind of possibly 'earth-shattering' allegations will and should meet this kind of criticism-TO A DEGREE.I want to say(as the member who played a major part in getting Dan to [reluctantly] post this in general forums,and not restricted forums) for everyone to PLEASE CALM DOWN and REMAIN CIVIL TO OUR FELLOW ATS MEMBER AND FRIEND Dan,who I might add as been so kind to bring his wife(a non member)into this 'maelstrom' of speculation and alligations.Keep in mind that until we find a reason Dan would lie isn't he "innocent till proven guilty"?We as members should also be aware of the consequences of scaring off any other potential "whistleblowers" or experiences that are truthful,if after all ATS is to truly fulfill it's core purpose of uncovering the truth.So I see no further point of continuing this irrelevant and ambiguous slander and attempt to destroy a fellow respected members credibiity,after all aren't we all here for the same reason?We need to come together,not stand divided on major cases like these,while still remaining CIVILY objective if we are to accomplish anything of importance in a field we have all chosen to be a part of by signing up to ATS.~JKrog

[edit on 7/8/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Interestingly, after a human has been under extreme 'instant fight or flight reaction' type conditions, they should find it hard to remember finer details.

There are a few studies about it, I'll bring them up if need be, but this is relatively common knowledge as far as I know. This isn't a reason for all of your information to be false, but rather a way for it be more detailed.

Everytime you think of the creature you claim to feel angry? Anger can block logic, reason and more importantly your memory. For your sake, and those who may be able to help you.

Be sure to really relax before you talk about this. Close your eyes, take deep breaths and really think about what was going on. You might just remember a detail that's important that you may have missed (i.e. lights outside, it speaking actual words).

All the best, Dan

Ben

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

reply to post by Belthermar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by Belthermar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is definitely an interesting turn of events. I suspect you are either telling the truth or you are the X-Factor necessary to pump this thread for another 10 pages.

From the definitive entrance you

* allowed that you know Dan personally.
* went to school with him.
* found this idea on a youtube video.
* has no wife and child.

Thanks.

I say this to you and ALL of ATS:Be aware and wary of disinformation and deflection attempts,as they are sure to occur on acconts of this magnitude(which ring more true than false).~Jkrog

[edit on 7/8/2008 by jkrog08]

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join