It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
OKAY PEOPLE..........Lets PLEASE keep Dans wife and family out of this,if she wants to tell a story,LET HER.Dont start flaming a person who as only been exposed to ATS for like 30 minutes!Stop being hounding dogs and mature up and let her speak,please.I am getting sick of this excessive flaming crap.Skeptiscism is good and so are questions-TO AN EXTENT.~JKrog

You must be kidding...

Tell me, why is it SO IMPORTANT for you to believe his story? What in his story made you believe in it?

And tell me how does his so called experience make sense in your reality?

It's unbelievable how people like you can defend someone like Dan, who's made this thing up and not very well if I may add.

Why do you believe? Why do you NEED to believe in this? Can't you filter out the BS that's on these boards anymore?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belthermar
reply to post by Element-115

Read my previous posts on this page if you dont mind and they still wont have it that this is a hoax!

Of all the years and books on this matter in psychology, it's still shocking to this very day that people out there, can follow 'the leader' without ever really stopping and asking the right questions.

It's people like Dan that can make others fall for his story do horrible things... Scientology comes to mine here... but that's another story.

Coincidentally, scientologists hate psychologists. You know why? Cause we can always tell the sick ones from the confused ones.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Mr. Tanna-

Did the star cube-like object look anything like one of these images?:

image 1
image 2

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Fidelios]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well, add me to the list of paranoid people. I keep plenty of sharp or dangerous objects within reach in my apartment. If someone threatens me in my own home, I will kill them. I will not cower in the corner frantically dialing 911 hoping that the cops show up sometime in the next 2 hours all the while allowing this person to have their way with me.

That said, I don't think I would attack an alien unless it showed itself to be hostile. A human? They know better than to be in my bedroom at night uninvited. I would be more curious about the alien and try to communicate with it at the very least. I would be gambling with only my own safety, but if I had a wife and kids to protect it would be a different story.

If Dan's story is real, then I don't hold much pity for this thing. It was in his house uninvited. It was in his bedroom where he and his family were sleeping. It/they apparently have messed with his mind at least once. This does not seem to be the actions of an enlightened and friendly "space brother" type creature does it?

As for Dan posting "normally" for a couple days after this event, this seems normal to me. I have known many people in traumatic situations. Most time they try to go about a normal, comfortable, routine after something like that happens. I know one person that severely injured themselves (metal pole through their foot) and looked around to see if anyone saw them do such a dumb thing before even grabbing the injury and saying "ouch". What else was he supposed to do? Sit and stare at the wall for a few days before posting here? Boredom alone would drive him back to doing "normal" type things very quickly.

Some people have flamed him for not calling the authorities. What good would that do? They would most definitely call him a nut. They would take his child away from an "obviously" mentally unstable person. Have you ever seen Protective Services in action? They are one of the most corrupt, despicable organizations ever conceived of. I have seen perfectly good families absolutely destroyed by these types of organizations. Even if they DID believe him 100% what could they do? Go arrest the fishman? Do you honestly think they would call in a full forensics team for what they think is some nut job that saw a fishman? They don't even do that for "real" crimes unless they are major. Forensics teams cost money.

We humans may have the ability, through nanotechnology, within the next 50 years to clean a room at the atomic level. I'm sure an alien race would be able to do this with no problem.

Is Dan's story real? Maybe. How the hell would I know? I was not there. Asking for proof here is worthless. There is nothing that he could post here that could not be faked. Text, Pictures, Video; It could all be faked. He could have recorded the whole thing with the very best camera equipment in multiple angles and people would still say "Fake!" because it *could* be faked. It all comes down to whether you believe him or not.

I'm a very scientifically minded person, but I have seen and experienced things which prove to me that there is more to this world than what you will find on the pages of a science book.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Have you looked at the pictures of his injuries. They are hilarious obviousley self inflicted. they were still red as in fresh even though they were taken sometime after the incident. by the way his tattoo has disapeared too!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snap

ITS NOT REAL I AM TELLING YOU AND ILL BET MY RESTAURANT ON IT! ANYONE WANT TO CHALLENGE THAT???

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Do you believe that exceptional events happen to people on occasion? Ever? Please share one exceptional event that you consider valid so that we know where your bar is set. If it is non-existent, that there are none well it says a lot about your ability to judge, which is what you're doing. Think about it, do you know All? Are you qualified to judge All? A simple yes or no would do for my last question and will tell me loads about you.

STM

[edit on 7/7/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belthermar

Have you looked at the pictures of his injuries. They are hilarious obviousley self inflicted. they were still red as in fresh even though they were taken sometime after the incident. by the way his tattoo has disapeared too!

Indeed I have noticed...

I see lot of those cases with self inflicted wounds.

Glad to talk to a sane person, it's so horrible to watch people fall for this garbage.
The worst line the believers come up with is this " HOW THE HELL COULD I KNOW IF IT'S REAL OR NOT... I WASN'T THERE!!!"

That's a very typical statement. But then my answer would be... Common sense anyone? Logic even? Haven't people seen enough Star Trek here to at least walk away with SOME wisdom from what Vulcans believe in and practice?

Nice to meet you Belthermar, it's a pleasure to see a person with his filter intact.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

May i interject with this exceptional event. A man takes a story off a video posting off youtube. Turns it around says it definetly happened to him and many many people fall for it! THERE IS PROOF THAT THIS GUY IS FULL OF POO POO! The fact he answers the same questions with sometimes upto 4 different answers. he makes up a wife and child that he has never had! He hardly leaves his house. Now that really is an exceptional event!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fidelios

Did the star cube-like object look anything like one of these images?:

image 1

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Fidelios]

That is the image or some thing like it that keeps being drawn. What is it out of interest

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Belthermar

You missed the meaning of my query. Try again,

STM

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

After reading one of your previous post can i also gather you have a psychology degree or are in the field too?

But i must disagree on one thing this thread is not entirley useless it does actually show that there are greater forces on earth at work there are normal human beings who dont fall for this total rubbish and falacies alike. and then people who go off and draw a picture and say is this what you saw it looks just like something i saw once around the corner from a friend of my grandma's cousins house.

a pleasure to meet you too

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Let me try this I KNOW FOR A 100% FACT THAT THIS POST IS BS can you guarantee me 100% that you know its true?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Okay... Okay. This is BS.

I don't even know where to start. Other posters have pointed these things out:

* The OP is posting after a supposed horrific event. Let's think - you've been hanging around in a conspiracy forum for some time. As far as you're concerned, you have the upmost respect of your fellow forum buddies. You've been reading about aliens, Barrack Obama being a communist, and all sorts of nonsense. Obviously, there's a majority of people who are going to believe the fabrication.

* The OP basically stated in his story "believe me or I'll ignore you." That neutralizes any counter-argument that this is BS, and even my earlier post on the 2nd page was crafted in such a way so I didn't get ignored.

* RATS. Not many people knew what this was - a bit of an 'exclusive' club for ATS members who are seemingly more genuine than others. The rest of us who can't get into RATS seem to be considered 'scum' and 'garbage', when paradoxically, we're usually the ones that are the straighter-thinking type of people who haven't amassed a billion conspiracy forum points to read the damn thing.

* The room where it was supposed to happen had the magic 'clean up' treatment. Of course... And all we have to go by are extremely small camera phone images. Any camera phone made in the past few years takes photos of at least 320x240 pixels - these ones were smaller than a postage stamp. Again, the 'real' ones were supposedly in the RATS forum, where the rest of us plebs can't even read.

* Pictures of the knives used in the attack; if everything got cleaned up, why do we still have the knives that were used to almost kill the thing left lying around? That seems like a pretty important piece of evidence to leave around. The aliens may have cleaned up purple goo, but they left the OP with a collection of knives to photograph for all to see?

* The wife posting using the guys account. Alright, I can understand that... to an extent. The writing and editing closely follow that of the OP. This doesn't seem like a healthy thing to do with a spouse if it's true - sharing a traumatic event on the internets is one thing, but getting your wife in on the act, or pretending it's your wife is, wow, I don't know, that's just sort of creepy.

* The injuries. C'mon... Anyone would have worse scratches than that after tripping over into a rose bush.

Many things have been pointed out by other posters. All I can say is, this is a paranoid delusion that others are sharing.

Some guy earlier even made a post that read like "yeah, yeah, me too, I keep KNIVES with me all the time, too!" Yes! That'll keep those pesky aliens out, I'll have to get me some flash-looking knives too.

This thread has stopped me from posting in any other ATS thread, because it seems ATS has somewhat degenerated into nonsense.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Wow.. I would need some sick odds in my favor for that bet.

I have just skimmed through the thread and the one thing even more unbelievable than the OP, is the 50 pages that this pos has gotten, but the real important topics die after 2,3 pages. ATS should review a story like this before putting it on the frontpage or this forum will go down very fast.

From what I read so far, I think it's strange that someone who lives in the uk or schotland, makes critical grammar and spelling mistakes and his wifes makes the exact same ones.

I might have misread or missed a few parts, but how did the dolphin come in?
Did you see him coming through the door ? Maybe even closing the door behind his back.
You heared something outside, then inside, decided to pretend your sleeping, while actually having one of your TOYS from your collection under your blanket. When you saw the giant salmon walking towards your wife and kid, did you not FREAK OUT ? The alien would definetely notice and been able to protect himself from the good news, while giving you the bad news.

Also the scratch pictures mean **** first of all someone observant poster has already posted the three finger clue, plus they can so easily be self inflicted or even googled.. yep.

On a positive note, you now almost have a cool 10.000 points, would you like your cookie now ??

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That tells me all I need to know about you. I could go in great detail but do not want to waste my time, just remember this:

There Are Always Exceptions,

STM

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

Do you believe that exceptional events happen to people on occasion? Ever? Please share one exceptional event that you consider valid so that we know where your bar is set. If it is non-existent, that there are none well it says a lot about your ability to judge, which is what you're doing. Think about it, do you know All? Are you qualified to judge All? A simple yes or no would do for my last question and will tell me loads about you.

STM

[edit on 7/7/2008 by seentoomuch]

You're joking right?

A simple yes or no will do? Are you aware that the question you ask is rhetorical? That it can't be answered with a yes or no. You just want to win an argument by posing such a question and you're not winning.

Half way through your post you have already judged me... so what do you want me to say? Other than you're a waste of my time.

Am I qualified to see who's lying and who's not? As a matter of fact I am. But then would you believe me if I said who I was working for and what my position is without giving you my office number and my diplomas? Think about it, if I didn't do that, you wouldn't believe me right? Why? Isn't it possible that I am who I say I am (I've not told you what I do for a living) without giving you any of YOUR standards in proof?

But you'd rather believe a man who says he was attacked by a FISH MAN CREATURE?

Wow.. I mean, wow.

Alright Mr. seentoomuch, it seems YOU HAVEN'T SEEN enough to be able to decode the post Dan has written.

IN plain English... You're not at all asking the right questions here... You're questioning me on how I can know a character is lying or not. You're asking me if I believe that exceptional situations might happen to people... Yes I do believe that exceptional things can happen to people. Like a person who's been brought up in a tribe in the deep jungles far away from technology, presented with a moment of a full featured demo of an iPod Touch... I'm sure he's got an amazing story to tell... But then... since he's got NO idea of the technological progress from the outside world... he'll interpret his experience and retell the story in terms only he can make sense of. I'm sure magic is included in the explanation. Remember that this person in the jungle never knew about the outside world.

So.. in Dan's case... it's NOT that he's seen something that he can't explain... I'm just saying that I do believe in people having exceptional moments. Like meeting your wife to be, seeing your child for the first time. Things like that are pretty magical... but not unrealistic cause it's how we interpret things. You choose to believe in Dan, because you need to. You don't apply any logic or reasoning to his persona or actions. You are more consumed with the thought of WHY CAN'T this be real? And then you defend it possibility that it might, without knowing anything about forensic psychology or good old reasonable doubt.

If you are happy living in a magical world.. then stay there.. just don't drag others with you because it's your own make belief world and it's tailor made just for you by you!

I've answered your questions and I'm concluding our conversation because you're clearly not a reasonable person... otherwise you'd agree... by saying "He MIGHT be lying..." but you don't...

Sorry but your boat won't float for much longer...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

It's a folded tesseract or hypercube of space.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That was some story. Another reason I thank God I live in the USA so I can keep as many guns as I feel I need to keep, and if even a shred of this is true, I am going to need them all.
BTW, why didn't you have a tripod handy?

After all, everybody on this site knows a tripod makes everything good.
Why, I would bet that if you had beaten that thing to an inch of it's life using a tripod, there would have been no flamers.
Seriously, Dan, here in Florida we have a 'mans home is his castle' law that means, in a nutshell, good for you, Mate!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BcnDiamond
From what I read so far, I think it's strange that someone who lives in the uk or schotland, makes critical grammar and spelling mistakes and his wifes makes the exact same ones.

I agree. Spelling mistakes on an internet forum. Only the most foolish amongst us could do such a thing.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join