It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That's stupid, but it was the same for me in primary school, we were forced to pray and listen to brainwashing bull # and if we didn't we'd get shouted at, dragged out of the room physically which is abuse itself if you ask me, then put into some sort of detention. I wish I had the brain I do now back when I was a kid, I would've smacked the teachers one for even touching me. Oh yeah, it was Christianity we were being forced to learn in school, just in case anyone was wondering.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatSleepParalysisGuy
That's stupid, but it was the same for me in primary school, we were forced to pray and listen to brainwashing bull # and if we didn't we'd get shouted at, dragged out of the room physically which is abuse itself if you ask me, then put into some sort of detention. I wish I had the brain I do now back when I was a kid, I would've smacked the teachers one for even touching me. Oh yeah, it was Christianity we were being forced to learn in school, just in case anyone was wondering.

Strange that, considering this is a nation with a CHristian history and nominal Christian majority, what did you think schools would have as an ethos, satanism?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's crazy to say that religion should not be taught at all because vast amounts of the world practice them and ignorance is what causes wars and social unrest. I do however agree that awareness is as far as the eductaion system should go. Forcing pupils into doing this kind of thing is surely disrespectful to islam anyway - if you don't believe it you should be aware about it, but you shouldn't be messing around with it's practices or traditions.

Britain is now a pretty secular country. I just wish that this could be respected as much as if it weren't. I am glad that I know about the world's many faiths and cultures, and it makes me a better atheist for it! If kids don't like RE, that should be told to them - Knowledge will help your convictions, not hinder them. This cannot be done with teaching techniques that are frankly vulgar and wholly un-imaginative.

Perhaps because of the secular nature of our society, Philosophy should replace RE in secondary education. RE could follow at A level, for those who wish to persue it, with students having a good knowledge of the major questions over religion and indeed life...Surely this would be a better tool with which to enter adulthood that knowing which direction to put a prayer mat...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by LDragonFire

i have done RS (religous studies)
and enjoyed it, learning about other faiths

Same here but I was not forced to worship or be punished! That is the point here!

for me its good to know about others then it is to be ignorant about them.
now those people that say we shouldnt have those classes should tell their schools to excempt their kids from the classes.

If we can't just do away with all religions I think it would be best to educate everyone about them.

Kids are the future and that future will be better if they know the faiths of others,

example

Muslim kids knowing about christians, Hinuds and so on
Christian kids knowing about Muslims and so on

Kids should Not be taught that its ok to punish them for not worshiping!!!

for this teacher (being a muslim my self) forcing someone to do something against their will should get the sack. he should have made it optional not manditory.

I 100% agree with you here!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Stop me if someone has mentioned this but wouldn't Muslims also be rather irate about this situation.

When I was younger, (jeez, a while ago lol) my class went to a local Mosque to speak to one of the leaders (imam?). Well, he was accommodating but was getting irate because most of the children couldn't sit still on the floor in the position he wanted us to sit in. He was getting visibly disturbed by the end of the talk. He also seemed a bit miffed that we didn't wash our feet and that we were sitting with integrated sexes.

Muslims are rather strict about their religion, it's not really an "open doors" religion like Christianity and I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims wouldn't take too kindly to someone taking it upon themselves to conduct and un-authorized Islamic service which I am guessing was not at the appropriate time and was attending by (I'm assuming) 100% unbelievers.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, I will tell you I would rather be here in the US than the UK. That country is going to hell in a hand basket with all the social engineering experiments they are doing over there.

I saw another article that said that the government is cracking down on Google for its street view technology. Does anyone find this ironic with all the cameras the government is installing over there? So in other words its legal for the Government but to hell with the free market. I am not defending Google here but this is the very definition of irony...

Anyway, back to the muslims... I also heard they are talking about the muslim law trumping English law over there...

Our country may be screwed up over here but you people across the pond are in for a world of hurt once the muslims take over parliament... The homosexuals already control your thought over there as well as the country to the North of us. It sure is a slippery slope you are sliding down...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Well, I will tell you I would rather be here in the US than the UK. That country is going to hell in a hand basket with all the social engineering experiments they are doing over there.

On that point you are correct, our establishment, from politicians, to those in charge of education, the BBC etc are the products of 1960s leftist dominated universities

The following are there targets, in no particular order:

* The family (specifically a "traditional" family involving father and mother)
* British history and culture- tis laughable that the current New Labour fad is to be uber British, they despise everything about British identity and history- most of this stems from what they perceive as our evil British Empire (regardless of the actual truth of said Empire)
* Males, specifically white, specifically straight- the grievance industry is the way forward, divide people into neat little segments/groups based on being victims- this, in their eyes, automatically makes white straight males the enemy and the cause of all world ills
* The people who run our state education system are on the side of the bad- reference Mr Peter Buckroyd, a chief examiner with the biggest exam board in England.He thinks marks should be given to a GCSE English candidate who writes ‘**** off’ on his paper. I suspect Mr Buckroyd thinks this is a bit of a giggle. By the way, he also claims to believe that exam standards are rising.
* Following on from above, the destruction of adult authority, knowledge, morality and order has been the aim of the radical Left for ages, and after four decades of burrowing into our establishment these Marxoid maggots are close to final success (quoted that last one from peter hitchens)

The list could go on.......

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by splendourinthegrass
This is the sort of thing that Muslims do in the West. They push to see how far they can go. They know the Westerners have no spine, so don't expect any opposition.

When it is too late, England will realize that they should have expelled all foreign born Muslims after 7/7 if not after 9/11. I state this with national security as well as national survival in mind.

I truly do not believe that there can be a place in Western nations for Islam until Islam goes through some sort of interior reformation and an editing out of the Koran all the parts about degrading and killing human beings.

Spot on, splendourinthegrass! I agree with you. England will fall to the muslims & Shira law within 10 years...that's my prediction.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Did you see this? I thought I had it bad. These people are out of thir ever lovin minds with this crap! This really pisses me off that they can print crap like this and try to enforce it...

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Did you see this? I thought I had it bad. These people are out of thir ever lovin minds with this crap! This really pisses me off that they can print crap like this and try to enforce it...

www.breitbart.com...

absoloutely disgraceful stuff, I watched "THE LIVES OF OTHERS" last night, about life in East Germany before the fall of the wall, where thought crimes, snooping etc were the order of the day.

This is currently the road we are going down, albeit on a "lite" basis at present.

Who funds these division merchants, how do they get access to publicity like this- I class these people as filth

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Guys, the Daily Mail published this - it's pure fiction. It's the same paper that got the nation into a furore about a nativity play being cancelled so as not to offend muslims (which was later found to be a pure concoction of the editorial staff) and caused even more ire by printing a story that muslims in hospital were making nurses turn their beds to face Mecca five times a day (also another completely made-up report). The tabloids in the UK love playing on fear and racism, and time and time again have been shown to be complete liars. How do you all keep falling for this?

On another point, I was suspended for not singing hymns during assembly, so this isn't just and Islam thing. Religion shouldn't be in state schools at all. You wanna pray whilst learning, go to a religious school.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

On that point you are correct, our establishment, from politicians, to those in charge of education, the BBC etc are the products of 1960s leftist dominated universities

The following are there targets, in no particular order:

* The family (specifically a "traditional" family involving father and mother)
* British history and culture- tis laughable that the current New Labour fad is to be uber British, they despise everything about British identity and history- most of this stems from what they perceive as our evil British Empire (regardless of the actual truth of said Empire)
* Males, specifically white, specifically straight- the grievance industry is the way forward, divide people into neat little segments/groups based on being victims- this, in their eyes, automatically makes white straight males the enemy and the cause of all world ills
* The people who run our state education system are on the side of the bad- reference Mr Peter Buckroyd, a chief examiner with the biggest exam board in England.He thinks marks should be given to a GCSE English candidate who writes ‘**** off’ on his paper. I suspect Mr Buckroyd thinks this is a bit of a giggle. By the way, he also claims to believe that exam standards are rising.
* Following on from above, the destruction of adult authority, knowledge, morality and order has been the aim of the radical Left for ages, and after four decades of burrowing into our establishment these Marxoid maggots are close to final success (quoted that last one from peter hitchens)

The list could go on.......

Absolutely 100% accurate.

Add to the that the targetting of discipline for children, so that they turn into degenerate delinquents and go around knifing each other.

When the Queen dies, I say we crown Boris Johnson King of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

HAHAHAHA! Britain is so far away from being even slightly left-wing it's a joke! You guys really blame "Marxists" for what's sick in British society? Christ, do you guys even see what's going on around in our country? Out of all of Western Europe we consistently have highest illicit drug use, depression, obesity, and the lowest of other more nebulous standards such as "happiness" etc., and yet of all our closest neighbours geographically we are the furthest from the left. Correlation may not be sufficient to indicate causality, but it is a necessary component and the correlation between right-wing social and economic policies and declining standards of live and rising living costs for the middle and lower classes exists. But that's OK, because economically we also do rather well, so I mean, that's all the counts, right? As long as we're capitalist and not Marxist, society is gonna be just fine, right?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by PerplexedThe homosexuals already control your thought over there as well as the country to the North of us. It sure is a slippery slope you are sliding down...

Yeah, that's right, we've all been brainwashed by the gays.

EDIT: typos.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by rexpop]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I've noticed, more and more, that "freedoms" in America means the "freedom to obey everyone else's agenda." Didn't these children have the "God-given right" not to practice what they might have thought to be "idolatry?" In a nut shell, we're free to believe as we please, just as long as the next person agrees!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I am not racist, I've been friendly with an Indian for 30 years. I've also been to a Muslim wedding where it was explained to me that alcohol would not be served and I respected that.
Taken from the article here.

Oh, it's all right everyone, he's been "friendly" with an Indian and didn't demand booze at someone else's wedding, clearly he understands the complexities of the thorny issues of multiculturalism and interfaith communication.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Religion the great deceiver and divider.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

not all of us are meant to understand it, He said so...I guess your one of those He was talking about....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

not all of us are meant to understand it, He said so...I guess your one of those He was talking about....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

This is over the top, students are now being force to worship or be punished.

"Educating children in the beliefs of different faith is part of the diversity curriculum on the basis that knowledge is essential to understanding.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well at least they didn't start stoning them or cut off there heads.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Very true.. I can't believe that 11-12 year olds are being taught a diversity curriculum now either.. And not only a diversity curriculum but a diversity curriuclum that is forced upon the students to the point that if they don't comply they are punished/disciplined with detention (although I never thought detention was actually a form of punishment.. More like extra time to get your homework done).

I can only imagine schools that use spanking as a disciplinary measure forcing this curriculum on students. What happens if the student's don't comply? Are they supposed to simply conform or be swatted/sent to detention? Children around this age are not exactly ignorant to diversity in modern culture.. Especially since the same children probably have children of other ethnicities and religious beliefs in the same classroom these days..

I could understand if perhaps this was being taught to a certain degree in remote small town communities where diversity is not exactly an everyday occurrence (like where I went to school in Northeastern Oklahoma). But even then, every smart teacher knows you can't exactly force information down the throats of students and expect them to follow your every command.. Especially young teens.. This is ridiculous!!

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sansego
Religion the great deceiver and divider.

Religion is a man-made artificiality and history has shown how it can easily become the pinnacle of human evil. I second that..
But they won't teach students that part either in this precious little curriculum of theirs. They'd rather shape the world into a perfect little religious ball and shove it down the student's throats in hopes of making them accept the world as happy and diverse.. When it is actually evil and deranged because of that same religious diversity.

-ChriS

[edit on 9-7-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by BlasteR]

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join