It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

Two boys were punished this week for refusing to kneel on prayer mats and worship Allah during a class demonstration on Islam, the Daily Mail reported.

Irate parents said a religious education teacher at the Alsager High School in England told students to wear Muslim headgear during a lesson on Tuesday. "But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion, there would be war," the grandfather of one of the students said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is over the top, students are now being force to worship or be punished.

"Educating children in the beliefs of different faith is part of the diversity curriculum on the basis that knowledge is essential to understanding.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well at least they didn't start stoning them or cut off there heads.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd be kickin' some school teachers butt good and proper if this was my child! He/ she would be lucky to be able to talk or stand up for a month.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Religion shouldn't be taught in schools IMHO. It has no basis in fact, and religion itself is responsible for a lot of problems (whether people like to admit that or not).

I was awakened to the reality of religion from an early age, and fortunately my eyes were open. It's nothing short of brain washing IMHO. To go so far as to actually get kids to act out a pray session is just weird!

Any human rights insofar as religious freedom (i.e. the freedom not to participate)? Seems the laws don't always work both ways.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
These damn muslims! Damn them!! %%^#$ we nuke the whole place for all I care blah blah....back to where they came from. At least they didn't behead them.
Just kidding haha.

Did I mention when I was in primary school I was forced to pray with my hands together with christians, or I would get in trouble.

I also had to listen to all sorts of rules and follow any orders they told me, that had nothing to do with religion

School.... where we are forced to shut our mouths, stop playing, do what they say and when they say it, eat what they give us, learn what they teach us or else, we be in big time trouble. This news report is just the same thing, except something about religion is in it.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
:shk:

englander's, your tax dollars go towards paying idiots that teach our kids this kind of stuff

getting detention for refusing to subject yourself to another persons religion is no different than the guy a few weeks ago who burned a cross onto a students arm

i just hate ignorant, stupid people like that

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is the sort of thing that Muslims do in the West. They push to see how far they can go. They know the Westerners have no spine, so don't expect any opposition.

When it is too late, England will realize that they should have expelled all foreign born Muslims after 7/7 if not after 9/11. I state this with national security as well as national survival in mind.

I truly do not believe that there can be a place in Western nations for Islam until Islam goes through some sort of interior reformation and an editing out of the Koran all the parts about degrading and killing human beings.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Religion shouldn't be taught in schools IMHO. It has no basis in fact, and religion itself is responsible for a lot of problems (whether people like to admit that or not).

mirage, I am sure we could have a lot of discussions about where we disagree, but in this case, I say you are correct (if for the wrong reason
). Religion should not be taught in schools.

This is a very good example of why not. No matter what the religion dujour is, someone will disagree with it. Since religion is, by definition, a matter of faith, it cannot be 'proven' one way or the other. Religion should be taught at home or in a church/mosque/temple/cave/whatever. Not in a public school.

But that is not even the real problem here. It is the continuing influence of one sect of people who are decidedly religiously fanatical, and who make no bones about their willingness to use violence to force their religious views on others. Believe it or not, this is not being done by Christians. The fanatical Muslims are to blame here.

I can't help but find it humorous that while the religion of Islam is pressing its borders with threats, terrorism, and outright prosecution of others, the complaints always seem to be against the Christians (or occasionally the Jews). Odd, but I guess that's just more human nature... what a species!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

www.foxnews.com

Two boys were punished this week for refusing to kneel on prayer mats and worship Allah during a class demonstration on Islam, the Daily Mail reported.

Irate parents said a religious education teacher at the Alsager High School in England told students to wear Muslim headgear during a lesson on Tuesday. "But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion, there would be war," the grandfather of one of the students said.

Well I would say thats its ok as long as you pray to the other gods of other religions of this world. Then you can make a comparison. But all of the students have to participate and no exceptions. If not, then the teachings of all religions should not be taught. However, I believe that the UK is just going tooooooo far with everything. Its as if the Uk just dont know what to do or teach anymore. Looks like the whole of Europe is doing the same thing. Something have to give someday. Hopefully soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Simpsons episode where Flanders becomes principal of the school and then mentions 'god' over the PA speaker system to the whole school...

Quoting Super Intendant Chalmers: "God has no place within these walls."

State schools need to be secular. This school should be hung out to dry and forced to apologise to those boys and their families. Personally, I don't think that school education should be mandatory. I find it repulsive that a government thinks that they can force anyone to forgoe twelve years of their life. Education should be a choice.

Private schools, however, they're another matter...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I agree completely. To think that it is even considered in this country is sick! This whole idea of Islam is something I cannot say here. Truth is, I do not care if I offend them, they offend me. Religion of peace right? It's a belief in butchery. Period.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Make an example out of this school! Religion has NO place in public school, and if these were my children I would have hundreds of families protesting out front.

This is blatantly over the top when it comes to separation of church and state. Muslims always try to push, push, and push to see how far they can go and how much they can get away with. As someone earlier said, if the shoe was on the other foot, and these were Muslim students being forced to receive holy communion, we would be seeing this on every front page newspaper, and news broadcast throughout the world. The teachers may have even had death threats put against them.

I hope this teacher is reprimanded as well as whoever had the idea for such an idea. Make an example out of them and make it loud - no religion in public schools, period. Allah has no place in the classroom, nor does Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna.

Separation of church and state is here for a reason.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

Muslims always try to push, push, and push to see how far they can go and how much they can get away with. As someone earlier said, if the shoe was on the other foot, and these were Muslim students being forced to receive holy communion, we would be seeing this on every front page newspaper, and news broadcast throughout the world.

?????

I'm pretty sure a lot of muslim students have had to do all sorts of other religious things all the time in school.

I find it ironic you say that, if the shoe was on the other foot it would be in the news? umm your getting this info from the news! lol

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
May I just add, before any of you take this as an opportunity to bash muslims, there is not much info on this report.

Nowhere does it mention if the teacher is a muslim or not. All I can assume is that he/she is a religious education teacher.

I don't see how some of you have come to the conlusion that "muslims" are forcing kids to pray.

Of course the media is going to jump all over a "muslims are forcing yours kids into islam" report. hahaha, and it's obviously dodgy when they have not given any info on the actual teacher, who may not even be muslim anyway lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is insane! Not only were the two boys kicked out of class for not participating, several kids were ridiculed for their inability to say the prayers, IN ARABIC!

The religion of the teacher is totally beside the point. This is a public school. Also, this isn't a Religious Education class; it's a Social Studies class. Pick the article apart, and you'll notice this is done in the name of diversity. Clearly, this isn't simply a matter of forcing kids into a Muslim mindset, it a matter of making kids appear stupid for thinking they could even attempt it. Fire the teacher now.

How many 11 year old kids sit around pondering God anyway?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
This is insane! Not only were the two boys kicked out of class for not participating, several kids were ridiculed for their inability to say the prayers, IN ARABIC!

The religion of the teacher is totally beside the point. This is a public school. Also, this isn't a Religious Education class; it's a Social Studies class. Pick the article apart, and you'll notice this is done in the name of diversity. Clearly, this isn't simply a matter of forcing kids into a Muslim mindset, it a matter of making kids appear stupid for thinking they could even attempt it. Fire the teacher now.

How many 11 year old kids sit around pondering God anyway?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Toelint]

Children do not need to worry about God. They should have fun, and give their minds a long enough time before all the fear tactics and images of fiery death come.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Alsager is about a 10-15 minute drive away from where i live, if there is going to be a protest about stupid brainless idotic no place in intelligent society religion being taught in school then i will go to the protest and tell all who will listen 1)what a load of bull religion is, and 2)that there is no way on earth that anyone should be forced to do anything, let alone some stupid religious thing.

I was forced to go to a catholic school, and i stood my ground there.
I never prayed when everyone else did, i never sang the hymns, i read books on science and technology in religious education class, and refused to listen and take any punishment for not doing the work in that class.

Religion has no place in schools (or anywhere for that matter) as the time taken up to teach this rubbish could be assigned to teaching science or maths or english, instead of wasting kids time.

And if they must teach something about religion in schools then teach them this..... More deaths have been caused by religion than anything else in the entire history of humanity.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's my impression that this class was a "social studies" class of some sort? That's what you do in a "social studies" class, you learn, supposedly, about other cultures.

Now having said that...

Maybe I missed it, but was the teacher of this class a Muslim? If not, isn't that borderline heresy? Mocking the prophet, or some such thing? Bad. Anyway, neither here nor there...one can learn much about a culture without praying to its god of choice, or dressing up...excersize a little imagination, teachers.

Eleven year olds don't need this. Teach 'em something they'll actually want to learn, and watch 'em go...

Foolishness.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I was forced to go to a catholic school, and i stood my ground there.
I never prayed when everyone else did, i never sang the hymns, i read books on science and technology in religious education class, and refused to listen and take any punishment for not doing the work in that class.

Yeah me too, exactly the same, i had to go to a catholic school, and there was this problem all the time because i refused to do what everyone else was doing, and everyone who followed its own beliefs was looked down upon, isn't that supposed to be what religion is not about? and yet...

Also, the teachers were a lot of fools with authority, giving special privileges to anyone who showed what they wanted to see even if it was obvious they were acting it, what i bunch of crap was that.

But this case is really over the top, how idiotic it is to force someone to do something like this, God.. ahem, i mean, "what the....!"

How glad I'm through with it..

Kai

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Kaifan]

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In my opinion this is bigger than religion. This is division. Its news stories like these which kill many birds all with the stroke of a keyboard.

In my opinion this is globalism in action. Now this seems like an extreme example of what has been going on in schools for quite some time. In fact it was the reason I dropped out of school in the first place.

They are dividing people to extremes as well as teaching children to accept globalism at an early age, so long term they have molded the perfect citizenry of tomorrow.

lets make a change for the positive

Kill your TV, educate your kids and yourself with the truth, and dare to dream

all the pessimists say hooooooooo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join