It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am the poster child of hating religion . BUT ..........

I would love for my kid to have a class like this . I think it is very important to understand each other.
Now with that said . I would probably FLIP out . If they were punished for not complying .
Not due to any beliefs . But due to there own free will. Obviously they were taught about the culture. And chose its not for them . That's what religion should be . A choice .

If my kid came home and said he wanted to become a Muslim i wouldn't be mad or offended.
If it was there own conscious decision , But to be forced to practice somehting is wrong .

So while i can appreciate them trying to educate the kids on something that i believe is important for kids to learn in this day .
I think the teacher over stepped his boundary . And should be replaced with a less "bias" teacher.
That will offer the facts . Not force there agenda.

My 2c. Feel free to make change.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

School.... where we are forced to shut our mouths, stop playing, do what they say and when they say it, eat what they give us, learn what they teach us or else, we be in big time trouble. This news report is just the same thing, except something about religion is in it.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

I agree.
Religion in school a problem ? It's like saying : look a category 5 hurricane is coming towards us ! and I spilled coffee on my pants !
Like it would matter in case of a hurricane. The entire school system is the problem.
I don't know who in what medieval dungeon invented it but it's wrong

It's purpose to transform children from children into useful consumer slaves carrying their own leash with a sense of "doing the right thing"

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

------------ you didn't get a chance on getting the renewal then your not considered a PHD and would have to start over agian going to college and work your way up again. Also did you know that before anyone can do their own taxes filling out forms ect now just now they passed a law that now a certified tax prepairer would be the only ones to do the tax forms ect.

If you really look at what you are able to do now and what are the limits on what you can do.

in pakistan you can build your own rocket, fireworks and many other things without any permit or law that prevents you from doing anything.

In the U.S you need a permit, you need a perfessional you also need experts people that have degrees in that line. Even if you know how to make fireworks it dosen't matter you need a person that has a degree to handel making the firework else you are not permitted do make fireworks.
Now people that get certified or gets degrees in that line have to pay the colleges to get that degree. To make it short it will cost you alot of money and also cost you to lose control on the design you had in mind, beacuse the U.S. gov have standerds and laws that are thought to the pyro technics,chemists ect which they have to follow or else they lose their degree/license.

How is that free, to me it just shows the Gov has a control on it. Their is a long list of controls the U.S has which they make good excusses that it is for your safety.

I live in Michigan and the latest news, in Detroit is that now in Detroit every bike no not mortor cycle a regualr bike now needs a permit and a person need to have a license to ride one even little kids have to have one. Why is this ?? so they can make money. Detroit if you haven't heard the scandals of the Detorit mayor and many problems it has you should read up on it.

Also michigan our governer told us that she wants to lower speed limites by 10 mphs below what is in place. She said that it's so we can save on gas. This is not true they reason they do this is so they can issue more tickets so they can collect more money. This new law is in place yet the speed signs won't change so the driver they expect you to know the new law/change by reading the local news else if you didn't know that then when going to regualar speed limit they issue the ticket. Jhiad is that if you know somthing is wrong you must at the very least not agree to it, if you have the ability to protest then you should if you have the ability to have firepower then you should battle what's wrong. That is what the word means I dosen't mean that you should go killing random people it means that you should act on what's wrong and change it in a resonable way if possible the last resort is to use firepower. The U.S gov dosen't change their mind once they make it up it's their way or the highway this is why they are fighting.

All I can say their is more what meets the eye. That is my fav thing to say becuse it's true.

I don't know the full truth, nore do you but the truth is always hidden everyone likes to paint a picture for you because they then would have control on your throughts.

I just ask to not bealive all what you hear just keep it in mind and ask yourself why the person said this and try to figure out what's behind it.

All the stuff I shared are based on my first hand experience except that jihad that was secondary sorce, 3 source is always ANY media corp They are 3RD sorce.

I am not upset or anything, I would like many to really question what what you seen on tv to First hand people. People that had experience's in those countries because the TV media in any country is a political tool for that country.

Just wanted to share at least 1,2nd hand knowledge other than the News media and want you to think about it.

I again am talking to everyone generally.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

i have done RS (religous studies)
and enjoyed it, learning about other faiths

for me its good to know about others then it is to be ignorant about them.
now those people that say we shouldnt have those classes should tell their schools to excempt their kids from the classes.

Kids are the future and that future will be better if they know the faiths of others,

example

Muslim kids knowing about christians, Hinuds and so on
Christian kids knowing about Muslims and so on

for this teacher (being a muslim my self) forcing someone to do something against their will should get the sack. he should have made it optional not manditory.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by LDragonFire

i have done RS (religous studies)
and enjoyed it, learning about other faiths

for me its good to know about others then it is to be ignorant about them.
now those people that say we shouldnt have those classes should tell their schools to excempt their kids from the classes.

Kids are the future and that future will be better if they know the faiths of others,

example

Muslim kids knowing about christians, Hinuds and so on
Christian kids knowing about Muslims and so on

for this teacher (being a muslim my self) forcing someone to do something against their will should get the sack. he should have made it optional not manditory.

He should not have even had the chance to make it optional. This is a public school and there is NO place for religion in such places. If children want to learn about religion, there is things such as sunday school, church, private schooling, and books.

If I had children and tried my hardest to keep them away from religion and then something like this happened in a public school, I would be outraged.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

its extra caricula activity
as i said if you have a problem then keep ur kids out of it,
its Public school which Means learning about evolution and RS

dont know which country your from but here we have RS
and im Glad

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Religion shouldn't be taught in schools IMHO. It has no basis in fact, and religion itself is responsible for a lot of problems (whether people like to admit that or not).

I highly disagree with you, I think all religions should be taught in high school, it's sociology; and religion is the cause of many world views...failure to understand that is a failure in education. Most all conflicts are caused by the lack of knowledge as it relates to one another's culture. However, this case is ridiculous, all should be optional...but I do not agree at all that religion should be banned from school. It has nothing to do with teaching the spirituality of the religion, it has everything to do with teaching the sociological standpoint of religion.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by yellowcard]

sty

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
why do they not force the kids to worship Appolo, Mythros, Olymp, Zeus , Zamolxe etc? it would keep them even more busy in a very useless way ! You will so need Indian and Chinese scientists to run the economy in the UK if they carry on this way for too long!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is a huge difference between learning about a religion in school and being forced to practice it or face discipline. So this story disgusts me in that regard but kudos to the student for having the back gone to defy his teacher even when he was faced with disciplinary action.

We can teach religion, religious history, and philosophy in school without having the students participate in prayers and rituals as part of the curriculum.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

If these quotes are lies:
"30 out of 51 counsillors who are Muslims"

"churchyard of St Mary’s has now been renamed “Abdul Ali Park”! "

are lies then I apologize for mis-speaking, but if they are true I stand by my earlier posts.

cheers.

Julie

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree that religion shouldn't be tought in school. They should teach more of math and science and other subjects that would help them in the future. I also don't like How Schools in U.S how they teach english class. I notice that we did nothing but read folk stories which was just like if we were watching a movie and taking test's based on the movie we gained nothing.
I think they should struggle in helping us write our own stories/books and also make scripts for plays and teach us how to make a book or a movie/script to give the class some value other than reading books and taking test's on charaters which is no different then taking tests on movies it's like somthing for entertainment they never really tought anything value to us. I think it was a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by deadline527

its extra caricula activity
as i said if you have a problem then keep ur kids out of it,
its Public school which Means learning about evolution and RS

dont know which country your from but here we have RS
and im Glad

Only private schools in the USA teach Theology, which is religious studies. As for public schools, I am not sure of any religious classes being allowed although after school activities may be permitted.

Although, while not religious, I may find myself in a catholic collage due to the fact that they accept credits from my previous degree. Maybe i'll learn something useful about religion, lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokey101
When sickening acts of violence and slaughter are committed across the world to innocent people, where is your god then?

...Especially when, during the Crusades (the 4th Crusade, in particular), there were the Roman Christians slaughtering Greek Christians (Remember the looting of the Hagia Sophia & massive book-burnings?). Take note that both "sides" were People of the Book, worshiping the very same God who has commanded that we don't kill each other. This is the single most valid point I've seen against religion as an organization.

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
This is why I dislike religion lol

Faith is fine...Belief is fine too...The problem is not with the religion itself, but when it's an organized religion is when it gets bad: History is witness to this fact. That's why the US Constitution forbids the combining of Religion with State, while the Right to Worship to People on the individual level is guaranteed.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
There is a huge difference between learning about a religion in school and being forced to practice it or face discipline. So this story disgusts me in that regard but kudos to the student for having the back gone to defy his teacher even when he was faced with disciplinary action.

We can teach religion, religious history, and philosophy in school without having the students participate in prayers and rituals as part of the curriculum.

Thank you Ashley - I agree with you 100% - Teachers have to follow a set of guidelines and techniques that are approved by their superiors in the school system - so this classroom situation is not an isolated example...I live in the US and this type of class is taught here as well - the immersion technique - its NOT NECESSARY...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

These damn muslims! Damn them!! %%^#$ we nuke the whole place for all I care blah blah....back to where they came from. At least they didn't behead them.
Just kidding haha.

Did I mention when I was in primary school I was forced to pray with my hands together with christians, or I would get in trouble.

I also had to listen to all sorts of rules and follow any orders they told me, that had nothing to do with religion

School.... where we are forced to shut our mouths, stop playing, do what they say and when they say it, eat what they give us, learn what they teach us or else, we be in big time trouble. This news report is just the same thing, except something about religion is in it.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

England is a Christian nation since the Monarch is the "defender of the faith".

If you don't like it, leave.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
#NEWS AGAIN
BRAINWASHING #

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

I am looking at what is going on in England and feel sick and sorry - English has let themselves down by letting this happen to their children - I hope something like this never happens in Latvia.

Sick and sorry, for what? england let this happen to children?

No a single teacher made it happen.

Damn, media really does control people. This is worrying me.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Are you really blaming one teacher and think the system is OK?
If you say "yes", IMO you are brainwashed yourself. Is it OK that system allows such practices at all? Why is it, that not Budism, not Hinduism, not Pagan English religion (before crusaders invaded England)..., but Islamic religion is demonstrated forcefully upon English children. May be it has something to do with the fact that Islam is relatively aggressive religion. For instance at beginning of 20th century in Turkey there were at least couple dozen % Christians, no there is none
And it is not allowed to mark Christian churches on the map as A Churches - they have to label it as something else (factories or something - its not important).

Probably, I am completely wrong and English should allow other religions to "invade" England and new religion will born out of it..I do not know

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Our education is infested with the floatsam of post 60s "counter cultural" university life- they detest anything they associate with tradition in Britain.

Politically corrupt bores who are destroying the future of this land.

You only have to reference the people who run our state education system - they are on the side of the bad.

You doubt it? Then take note of Mr Peter Buckroyd, a chief examiner with the biggest exam board in England. He thinks marks should be given to a GCSE English candidate who writes ‘**** off’ on his paper.

I suspect Mr Buckroyd thinks this is a bit of a giggle. By the way, he also claims to believe that exam standards are rising.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join