It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Death...its not what we think....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Lethil

Hmm yes, it was nice talking to you.

If I had one wish, that would be that you are wrong haha, and that if there is a life after death, that you will experience happiness that humans cannot measure, unlimited eternal happiness, always new things to learn about, carry on living on into unlimited possibilties and lives. Not ever thinking about not wanting to exist ever.

A very hopeful wish I know haha.

You wish to not exist, but I believe that it is still possible that if there is something great after life, that it might just change the way you think, because of course, if you are not human anymore, maybe you will change your mind to experience a new way of life that you might be curious about.

Whatever happens, I still don't know for sure.

Peace.

Good night.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Words dont type themselves you know!
Im pretty happy existing...most of the time...just not again...one birth...one life...one death...thats how stuff goes down in funky town...i hope,i dont care how god damn happy and wonderfull this *other* place is...eternity...bound to get bored sometime... no thanks..anyway night...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
there is a good book about this having to do with consciousness, its called the physics of consciousness, its quite good i cant remember most of it read it a long time ago, so i can't back up any of my points with any references or evidence, its by evan harris walker, he does experiments , ond other research that would prove you wrong. ill see if i can find some excerts from it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil

Words dont type themselves you know!
Im pretty happy existing...most of the time...just not again...one birth...one life...one death...thats how stuff goes down in funky town...i hope,i dont care how god damn happy and wonderfull this *other* place is...eternity...bound to get bored sometime... no thanks..anyway night...

But that's it, what if you DON'T get bored?

What if being bored is merly a human concept?

When your not human anymore, what could that do to your way of thinking?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fidelios

I don't believe I've ever had a full OOBE. I came close once. Every time I feel myself leaving my body, I snap back.

But I do have dreams in which I feel like I am in a different place, in an extra-dimension if you will. These dreams feel more "real" than Reality.

I am curious...About the abductions, in you OOBEs do you actually have some other spirit or entity there with you? Do they look or feel human, or not human?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Um life after death exists...i sometimes have etheric & astral travels,and i always ask myself this,if my "concious" mind can exist outside my physical body..then how can "life" after death not exist?I have on some occasions seen stuff OUTSIDE my room while in the etheric,and confirmed what i saw when i got back into my body..coincidence?...dream? I THINK NOT! But i could care less what others think,all i know is that life exists after death,energy cannot be destroyed,it can only change form.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To those talking about outer body experiences, I knew someone who played a game at a party that stops your heart for a few seconds. It was a simple game, I'm not sure exactly how it is done but you have to take several deep breaths and then have someone push or sit against a part of your chest.

Anyway I was never dumb enough to try it but a friend of mine did and for what seemed like forever (but was only a few seconds), she wasn't revived properly and someone had to resesitate her. It worked. When she woke up we took her into the bathroom and she said she heard us all freaking out very clearly and that she began floating from her body towards the ceiling.

I'm confident she truly experienced something we have no understanding of. I, however, think there are many things about our own minds and bodies we don't understand that could explain this event other than the theory that we have a never-ending spirit inside us.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

What I meant was, imagination is unlimited, who knows whats out there, and what one could experience. Just saying, why would someone not want something like that? if it existed.

I'd love to be able to go to a place like Heaven when I die but then I'd have to believe in God.

.lol..............enough said, I'll stick with time stops after death.

But yeah, I know what you meant and I agree

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We are just intelligent animals, nothing more. I really don't think I will be seeing people on the 'other side' saying "I told you so." My mind is still open though. This is a unbelievably incredible Universe we live in. Enjoy your short stint everyone.

peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"Consciousness may also exist somewhere without being part of either a living body or a date processing- system. Indeed, because everything that exists is ultimately the result of one or more quantum mechanical events, the universe is inhabited by an almost unlimited number of rather discrete, conscious, usually nonthinking entities. These conscuious entities determine singly the outcome of each quantum mechanical event, whereas the shrodinger equation contrains their freedom of action collectively." Basically without brains of living organisms, consciousness exists on a quantum level .
"Our will is transcendant. It has existence that is not dependent on any limits of space and time, an existence that is ahred with others. Thus to a certain extent, something of us must survive. The quantum mind is what lies behind the selection of quantum events and determines trhe outcome of quantum mechanically entangled states. IT is at once a part ofa more fully understood natural world and at the same time the direct intervention of mind of a greater consciousness.WE do understand that things that would seem miraculous be brought by the intervention of mind. Low- probability states from state vector allowed by quantum mechanics do occur, and their occurence happens because we are part of a selection process. More than this WE know there is a consciousness so great that it was able to create all the potentialities of the universe in one thought, in that First 10 -43 second.. in the beginning." just 2 excerts i quickly found in the book, sorry there is a lot more information based on scientific experiments bell theorem, thermodynamics, maxewells light equation epr paradox , all examined in the book. We do not not 100% whether consciousness survives our brain , but consciousness does most likely exist without physical body's. More evidence points to the existence of life afterdeath than not.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe in a individual soul. I think this is a production of mainstream religion. I think that we all have energy or consciousness, which IS eternal. But it is only through the veil of our waking consciousness that we think that this is our own or individual consciousness. We all share the same "soul", and when we die, we return to that universal consciousness and all notion of individualism fades.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
To the OP, why do you think that death means an end to our life-force??

I think of this physical existence as just one plane of existence. When we die and leave our physical bodies or material form, we simply move into a "subspace" where we exist in essence, i guess. Of course this is a simplified version of what i believe, but when you say that the soul means "life" or "existence" i don't believe that we ever cease to exist at ANY time.

We come back here to the physical world to release ourselves from the cycle of earthly karma through acts of love and compassion so we grow closer to the Light, to God. I would even go so far as to say that this world is just a bonus and our actual true existence lies in essence, or non-material form.

So i personally don't identify with the idea that death is the end of life OR any existence whatsoever..

[edit on 5/7/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Fidelios

I don't believe I've ever had a full OOBE. I came close once. Every time I feel myself leaving my body, I snap back.

But I do have dreams in which I feel like I am in a different place, in an extra-dimension if you will. These dreams feel more "real" than Reality.

I am curious...About the abductions, in you OOBEs do you actually have some other spirit or entity there with you? Do they look or feel human, or not human?

The snapping back thing is common. It took me years to learn to let go, but from time to time I still have trouble doing that. The hardest is learning to project at will. Indeed, there are times when clearly there is a feeling of a 'presence' and for some reason this presence always feels familiar to me but this is hard to explain. One interesting thing is the dialog goings on. Again, it very difficult to convey the experiences, but gleaning from the tad bits you stated, just maybe those dreams you said you have are something much more than just dreams.

We are more than the physical body.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Life is this, where we are, what we do and all that hoo ha. After I die, life will continue here without me, so there is life after death. Haha, I know thats not what you meant, but life does exist after death, were just not in it. As for where we go, despite the constant battle of oppinions and so forth, no one really knows. But a good rule of thumb is to live life as though there were "life" after death. I personally don't believe in religion but it doesn't hurt to be good to yourself and others.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Reincarnation, Life after death, Immortal souls. Its all just speculation. Nobody could ever know what happens when you die. So anything anyone ever said about it, Heaven, Hell, Eternal damnation etc etc. Is just speculation and guesses. It could only ever be speculation and guesses. So until someone manages to pull a kiefer sutherland/Kevin bacon. I refuse to believe in what could only ever be a speculative guess

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

Well said, Matt.

Sorry for the one-line post.....Well said, is Well said....what more can I say??

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I hope someone here is right and there is some sort of rebirth or something beyond this. If there is nothing after this just pitch black and I am worm food I will be quite pissed. I dont know how I will be pissed but somehow I will be

Its probably better the population doesnt know for sure because if it was a fact there was nothing beyond this there would be anarchy. Id probably be one of the first in line.

With that being said I find it hard to believe that this is it. When you look at space and everything there is always a death and a rebirth which leads me to believe there is something beyond this. I tend to think more along the lines of the Hindu version more so the Christianity I dont feel there is a heaven and a hell I feel there is a place the "spirit" as we call it goes until our rebirth in another physical form. I feel there are things we must learn each time we are reborn to become the perfect or as close to perfect as we can get at that point we reach I guess some sort of Utopia.

But that may be wishful thinking and no body has come back to tell me any different.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
For the people who can control out of body experiences very easily, how fortunate they are really, i've had several times this happen to me, but i could never really made it out with control, most of the ones that did happen seems like someone or something pulled me out.

As a matter of fact, the only one that i was having control was finished in a very odd way.

It happened like this, i was asleep, then my body started to vibrate as it always does when something like that happens, then i could not move or open my eyes, then, i felt like i did not "fit" into my body, an then, it was like a pop, and i was out, i tried to get up from my bed, and what happened was that i floated away, up, and could see my right hand just there, on the bed, i could not see myself complete since i was like barely floating over my body, and then i thought, "i can go anywhere" and started to move away, and then i heard a scream coming from me, only that me was my body which was being left on the bed, and some extremely strong force hold me back and did not let me go, then, in about a fraction of a second, i was again in my body, what happened?

Although i can see how someone who has never had an experience like the one lots of the people here has could believe there is no soul, how can there be talk about God without believe there is beings who exists beyond our physical world?

I think i've had about 30 experiences by the age of 24, and i have had some experiences since the last three months that i can only describe as "close encounters" with beings not mortal, in fact, beings made out of something that there are no words to describe in our human languages, and i am pretty sure there are lots and lots of people who know what i am talking about, and i am even more sure there are those who know what are they and what this happen to some of us.

It is just that some things can't be learn by someone else experiences, that's a fact.

By the way, has anyone here, after returning from an obe, feels like overpowered and totally "charged"??

And no, i don't do drugs.

Kai

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For those of you who dont believe there is life after death read this.
www.nderf.org...

I had an ADC that was so real, I will never forget it the rest of my life

Millions of people go through this every day.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There's no hell and heaven, but there is good and evil. Also, reincarnation is very true.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here's an odd but true concept that may tie in with the topic, or help you draw your own conclusion, not be influenced by the OP or anyone who makes a reply.

Let's assume (rather foolishly IMO) that Adam and Eve were the first two mates that begat offspring. Now picture yourself as you currently exist. Now picture the amount of time that has transpired between you, and Adam and Eve having the child that you are related to.

From there, visually try to picture.. imagine.. that you were just a mere infant once, that you came from your mother's womb. Now picture the same for your mother, because she was an infant that came out of her mother's womb. Keep going until you run out of relatives that you can describe, then go into the relatives you knew nothing of, the ones from hundreds and hundreds, or even thousands of years ago.

Never once did any of the current human beings on the face of the Earth die once (a silly statement i know, but bare with me), we have always existed at least since mankind was created or evolved into what it is. You had a man .. and before he died, he created a man or woman, or both, in his likeness (ie; his children). Same thing is true for each woman. Then, his/her children create children in their likeness before dieing (we are talking about direct ancestors of todays' modern humans, not dead ends of the family tree). This pattern continues .. never once a human not creating another from his & her own flesh and blood through the union of sexual intercourse before dieing, thus .. ONE thing has remained consistent through from the beginning, and for the special elect, will continue until the very last day of time, and that is more than just a bloodline, it is a living being. It's an entity. You are your father who was his father who was his father etcetera, and never once did your father, nor his father, nor his, die without another having created another from his very own flesh, at his side to continue living.

Then, that created man ends up creating his own man before he dies to continue living. Thus a man never dies he just constantly recreates himself through the flesh. The weird part is, how can a father and son co-exist if both are of the same being. I don't have all the answers, I'm just here to make you think and imagine. It is even better to imagine from the female's perspective, a woman birthing a woman, who birthes a woman who birthes a woman, all before dieing in their respective timespans of life, up to this very day, with a woman standing before you. No, I am not a woman, it is the example silly. The question would be, is that not a form of a being that recreates itself.. never truly dies? If not, why are they currently here, why are we all here right this very instant?

This is the part I like the most. The creator, in his infinite wisdom (roflez), makes it so that two opposite types of human, polar opposites okay.. a man and a woman, have to come together to create themselves a new for the future generations. One human cannot do it alone, yet the child may come out as a man or a woman, and that child when grown to adulthood will have to do the same ritual because they alone cannot reproduce. Doesn't it seem that everything in life has a strange paradox to it, almost like God is "messing with you" for lack of a better description? That whoever, whatever, however designed all which exists and has existed, was so advanced that they added these little quirks into every little fundamental process we can observe as humans, all the while keeping the perfect order for the process to be called natural and a cycle .. ?

[edit on 7/5/2008 by runetang]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join