It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Death...its not what we think....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But are you saying that we are not in control when we have OBE?

It sounds strange, but it's a control mechanism beyond your ability to control it.
It's like an instant twin brother, standing above the shoulder. Your identity and consciousness attaches to the detached self. That becomes your point of view, looking down on this vulnerable brother, protecting him from himself. It's so difficult to describe.
Again though, this applies to when OBE is triggered by extreme trauma.

Meditative self awareness and separation of the "me" from the "I" is a whole different bowl of wax.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think I get it now.

When I OBE through meditation I can controll myself.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Don't push the button.

What button ????

I don't see a button.

Have you been drinking ???

C ya

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Meditative awareness of the self is better described as an out of mind experience rather than out of body. Letting go of the need to be in control is one of the first steps.
I don't want to hijack this thread more than I may already have.
You're welcome to U2U me should you be moved to inquire further.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes Folks there is life after death and We have souls... I don't understand what the big deal is?... You were here before you were in your current body and after your body dies you will still exist. You are eternal & Your body is a vehicle. It is not you. Hopefully something happens to you in this lifetime that makes you understand how this game works.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Yes Folks there is life after death and We have souls... I don't understand what the big deal is?... You were here before you were in your current body and after your body dies you will still exist. You are eternal & Your body is a vehicle. It is not you. Hopefully something happens to you in this lifetime that makes you understand how this game works.

And you're so sure of this how?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think its pretty ignorant to make a statement such as there isn't something more to life than just being here physically. There's no hard evidence either way. There's a friend I have that's atheist and his philosophy is "live life to the fullest" which is great people should. However he interprets it as getting drunk, doing drugs, smoking a pack a day which is great if thats what your into. But by doing so he is killing himself making his time here even shorter. Now if I was him I would think I would want to make sure my time here is as enjoyable and long as possible. To me his philosophy is very contradictory.
I had a huge drug induced state once, but I never had an OBE it was only after I quit I actually did. Go figure. And for those of you who think people who have NDE's aren't really dead i am reminded of a story i once read about a women being brain and vitally dead for an hour who woke up in the morgue. I also have read that the majority of people know when their end is coming, how could we possibly know that? The more I search for answers about anything from religion to quantum physics the more everything seems connected. Even people who claim to have been abducted by aliens state that aliens are spiritual and believe in such things as life after death (but not how religion has us think of it). I find that particularly interesting because you'd think it'd be just the opposite.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by asmall89]

[edit on 5-7-2008 by asmall89]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Count me out...i couldn't actually think of anything worse than life after death...no thanks...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

see what I find interesting... isnt it known that everything we know about god/jesus from the Bible particularly was all written like 400 years AFTER he died? I dont understand why ppl look at the bible likes its 100% truth and why it couldnt possibly be engineered for some other pupose than currently understood..

im not sayin I know everything.. one of my parents was a minister growing up and I went to church for years... up until a few years ago.. so im not clueless.. although this might upset some ppl.. but I strongly feel that because most of not all religious text was BURNED back in the old days that anything we know today has been passed on and distorted over the years...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

Man are you way off base, God didn't create man in his image, man created God in man's image.
There is no heaven and no hell, but there is an afterlife, and everyone goes there regardless of the deeds they did in this life. The only punishment for our behaviors in this life are meted out in this life. That's why I'm against the death penalty because death is not a penalty. Hell is right here on good old planet earth. Make them stay here as long as possible, that's how I feel about it.
People that believe the fairy tales in the bible are living in the dark ages. God is not some fatherly figure that is here to help, God doesn't get involved in our lives, never has. Humanity needs to grow up and quit hanging onto outmoded ways of thinking.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Like it or noe agree or not it does not matter,, Man is unique, God called all animals into exsistence but man he took extraspecial care when he created him. Do animals have souls? Maybe, but i know man is unique according to the genisis chapter. We are unique and is you cant figure that out in the observitable world than that is a problem that you have to over come. Like it , love it or lump it we are created beings. You can claim panspermia, aliens or whtever but if you are truely honest with yourself you have no choice to relent to the fact that there was a deciding factor to life... I guess to each thier own but for my consituants I pray for you... Peace and much love to all .. may God bless... Hoo Haa out..

link   
Like it or noe agree or not it does not matter,, Man is unique, God called all animals into exsistence but man he took extraspecial care when he created him. Do animals have souls? Maybe, but i know man is unique according to the genisis chapter. We are unique and is you cant figure that out in the observitable world than that is a problem that you have to over come. Like it , love it or lump it we are created beings. You can claim panspermia, aliens or whtever but if you are truely honest with yourself you have no choice to relent to the fact that there was a deciding factor to life... I guess to each thier own but for my consituants I pray for you... Peace and much love to all .. may God bless... Hoo Haa out..

link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Really?

Don't you have an imagination?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Lethil

Really?

Don't you have an imagination?

An imagination is what Heaven & Hell is about....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Everyone's different beliefs about what happens after death is why this is even disscused. You find out the truth when you die.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have an imagination...just no need to go anywhere else when i die except 6 feet under and become rather good worm and plant food...if i do say so myself!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

What I meant was, imagination is unlimited, who knows whats out there, and what one could experience. Just saying, why would someone not want something like that? if it existed.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
For all of you that fear some thing or some entity will take over while you AP or do and OBE think about this. Each and every human being AP at night when he or she sleeps. Some do it consciously others do it unconscious. It is those that do it consciously that have the coolest time there. Any how we have silver cord that connects us to our body which keeps it alive. Once the silver cord is torn we never return to our bodies. So, we AP at night and we always come back in the morning safe and sound.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
I have an imagination...just no need to go anywhere else when i die except 6 feet under and become rather good worm and plant food...if i do say so myself!

What's the point of living then.

Myself I love life too much to let it go, I want to learn about new things for eternity, I am curious of what's out there in the almost unlimited universe, we as humans only know 0000.1% of everything in the universe, why would I want to die and not learn about new things and experience new things. Even if life has it's bad sides, it's all part of the experience, learning and evolving.

Just saying, to simply cease to exist defeats us having any purpose at all. So are we here for nothing?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join