It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Death...its not what we think....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I myself, had an Out of Body Experience. I was in grade 4, I wanted to go for a water/bathroom break. So I hopped out of my chair, out of the classroom and did a fast paced jog over to the water fountain. There was water pooled underneath the water fountain. I slipped and and hit the underside of my chin on the water spout, and flung my head back and hit the back of my head on the floor.

I can remember that I was floating down towards the drain of the fountain. I can't see myself because the fountain was in the way. I could see it in color, and the experience lasted for 10 seconds, until a teacher came by across to wake me up, when she saw me laying on the floor face up, I did end up looking at the ceilling when I got woken up. I still remember it to this day.

Ended up with 2 cuts and 3 stitches for each cut.

When it happened it didn't hurt well because I was basically in shock so there you go.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
By the way for all of you who OBE, try this experiment to prove to ourselves that it really is real.
Card experiment.
www.astralsociety.com...

I'm trying to accomplish this, but for some reason I haven't OBE for a long time, but if I do accomplish it, I will be sure to make a thread about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by justamomma

By the way if we are to assume that dreams are connected to obe, then we leave our bodies every night.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

well, WE don't assume such things, so.........

and i have no fear bc i refuse to knowingly try such a thing oobe's. i think the fear is legit though. the body is but a shell and if ya leave a shell uninhabited, then it stands to reason that it could be inhabited by something else. in fact, if you practice such things, for all i know, you are really not you now.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I did not purposely have or set out to have an OBE as it just happened to me. I did not give my body much thought (although my body was limp as the paramedics moved me) when I left it.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well a lot of people believe we AP/obe when we dream, it's just that we are not conscious. Who knows.

I don't know about something taking over my body, but if god is real, I would assume that god has given this body to me and only me.

By the way when I obe, I don't really feel like I have left my body behind, I feel connected to my body, there are two part of me.

Actually once I had vision from my physical eyes and from out of body at the same time, haha, it was like 360 vision, hard to describe.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It doesn't really work that way J.
There are several types of OBEs.

For some it is a meditative process to separate the "me" from the "I". It's the witnessing of the self for the sake of awareness.

For others, it is the mind's last defense and coping mechanism when confronted with extreme pain or tragedy. It's like a fuse box for your mental survival.

For some, it is a chemical imbalance in the brain which can manifest itself in many forms.

Others achieve this state through drugs.

When/if this should ever happen to you, you will not me in control. It runs it's course and leaves an intense but hazy memory imprint.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

When/if this should ever happen to you, you will not me in control. It runs it's course and leaves an intense but hazy memory imprint.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you clarify please, thank you.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

hey thanks for the clarification. this is more along the lines of what i was wondering.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I'll try.
It's almost like a really intense dream that you just woke up from. You only remember a few details but not enough to remember the dream. But the dream was so intense that you can't shake it's emotional affects for the rest of the day.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dude ur an idiot, Jesus said in John 11:25-26

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I want to be clear though.
That's the closest I can describe it in the context of a dream.
But it is far from a dream. If it is instigated by trauma, this detached state can last for years. It wouldn't be constant, but it would be triggered at the slightest chance of emotional contact. It can also take years for the protective self to trust your own ability to allow emotions to flow without fear.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You're story is interesting. But saying that we don't know anything is pretty closed minded.

Anyway, you said you had breathing problems. Must have been pretty serious for you to call 911. Don't you think there might be a rational explanation for what happened to you? A lack of oxygen might mess with your mind. Just a thought. Not trying to start any arguments or anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I like to think of us as energy, since we are in essence a battery, that is powering this physical body.....

Energy doesnt die, it transforms, once our energetic being ( our soul ) is no longer able to be contained in our body do we die. An thus transform, loosing our anchor in this plain of existence,

To die, is to be reborn somewhere else.....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow 2 pages on ATS!

This most definitely belongs in BTS!

Sorry...

Carry on

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by furiousracer313

whos is the idiot u r talking about?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I agree with you. I don't have my bible with me but it says basicly that "the soul that sins will surely die." Satan uses false religion to fool people into believing that we will all live forever. Either in heaven or hell. But that's not what God says. I could go on but I'll end it here.

Satan uses false religion. So...I'm going to guess a false religion is any religion that doesn't agree with Christianity.

But yet, Islam says the same about Christianity and how they're the master religion !!!

Oh silly religion, thank goodness I'm an Atheist.

My opinion on death? Why the hell would you want to know what happens? That defeats the whole purpose of excitement and the rush of it all. It's kinda like going on a rollercoaster for the first time, you don't know what to expect yet you're excited and terrified. Let it just happen and let's see when we depart from their planet.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
@OP

There is life after death, and we do have a soul. Like other people have been saying YOU have never had an OOBE or Astral projection experience. YOU decide to use words and tricky semantics AND YOU REFER TO THE BIBLE. Let me ask you something, DO YOU BELIVE IN GOD.

Of course you don't and you think the bible is a load of crap, yet when it is convenient for you to use it to 'prove' something you take advantage of it. Yet further contributing to how all the belivers look at you types with disgust at how ignorant you can be.

Let me ask you something, actually to everyone, is it not better to have hope for your entire life that you will die and you will go to heaven or is it better to say no we were made by a random natural proccess in a completly natural universe that you percieve to have been able to come from nothing.

I don't feel bad for you and I really don't care what you belive, my entire reason behind posting is showing how people LIKEYOU,

use the bible that you don't belive a word of to prove our own beliefs against us

lmao, sweet dreams

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhombus24
@OP

There is life after death, and we do have a soul. Like other people have been saying YOU have never had an OOBE or Astral projection experience. YOU decide to use words and tricky semantics AND YOU REFER TO THE BIBLE. Let me ask you something, DO YOU BELIVE IN GOD.

Of course you don't and you think the bible is a load of crap, yet when it is convenient for you to use it to 'prove' something you take advantage of it. Yet further contributing to how all the belivers look at you types with disgust at how ignorant you can be.

Let me ask you something, actually to everyone, is it not better to have hope for your entire life that you will die and you will go to heaven or is it better to say no we were made by a random natural proccess in a completly natural universe that you percieve to have been able to come from nothing.

I don't feel bad for you and I really don't care what you belive, my entire reason behind posting is showing how people LIKEYOU,

use the bible that you don't belive a word of to prove our own beliefs against us

lmao, sweet dreams

I don't think the bible is really...a reliable source for life. It's mainly a book to read to kids so they grow up and raise their children and let the religion institution grow. And what about the Koran?

Don't you think that might actually be true and more reliable than the little ol Bible?

I'm not saying I believe in any of it but..what makes you think your religion is right?

Once again I make the point of---every religion think their religion is above everyone else's.

Also, I think it's interesting to have hope and look forward to seeing Jesus when you die. I don't know, I had a lot of hope when Santa brought me presents for Christmas when I was little...now I know the truth.

Oh, and no, I rather not believe in something that's been proven false, for my entire life. I think I rather be my own individual self rather than have some organized religion tell me what to believe in and how to live.

Just my opinion.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But are you saying that we are not in control when we have OBE?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What happens if we suicide?

Death is either final, or it's not. My step-father was facing a terrible existence (no need to go into details) and decided to take matters into his own hands....his FATE into his own hands....what's wrong with that???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join