It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Death...its not what we think....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Im curious too...doesnt mean i want there to be an afterlife...the point of your life is...well...life.... technically procreation...anyhoo...not everyone thinks an afterlife is fine and dandy,i would hate it...and would gladly turn it down(given the choice) anyway,i very much doubt there is one,nice to speculate etc but not something i want to be part of...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

So I could kill your family and destroy everything that is of value to you. And it would not matter then?

Because if you cease to exist, it would be like it never happened anyway, I could do whatever I wanted to anyone, it would not matter because they will cease to exist too, we would not learn anything from living here, there would be no purpose for anything at all.

It simply does not make any sense to me.

By the way not trying to be annoying, I just find this topic interesting.

Peace.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by akabetty

I am a programmer. Considering that our bodies are very functional and well designed, saying that we are a mistake is like saying the Microsoft Windows was a mistake, or baked chocolate cake with vanilla icing and "Happy Birthday" written on top is some sort of accident.

We have DNA that is actually a lot like source code. It cannot be a mistake. Maybe it could be the product of really slow decision making over billions of years, but definately not a mistake.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Lethil

So I could kill your family and destroy everything that is of value to you. And it would not matter then?

Because if you cease to exist, it would be like it never happened anyway, I could do whatever I wanted to anyone, it would not matter because they will cease to exist too, we would not learn anything from living here, there would be no purpose for anything at all.

It simply does not make any sense to me.

By the way not trying to be annoying, I just find this topic interesting.

Peace.

? I fail to see how an afterlife and killing my family and stealing all my goodies intertwine...but yes i would be angry you killed them...but yes after you killed them they would cease to exist,body/brain die...you die....soul is just your personality shaped by memory and experiences..which are in the brain..no oxygen in brain=brain dies...brain dies=you die...is that what you were asking?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
kidflash 2008,
I've been through 4 tornados, flipped a tractor on top of myself, got struck by lightning and had to be resusitated after "drowning". I had the same "other wordly" experience as you. It WAS NOT an OBE. It simply was the body and minds way of shutting out trauma. Ask any veteran that has been wounded or watched a wounded person react to severe trauma.
Of course the MIND is trying to get out of the BODY when it goes thru such a state.
As far as life after death,....just remember...every post on here says, "Well I BELIEVE"...That's all there is to it. Abunch of people believe a bunch of different ways and not ONE SINGLE person has one shred of evidence that there is ANY existence after your body's physical death.
Please don't tell me about a guy named Jesus. I have not found ONE SINGLE shred of evidence the person ever existed. Doesn't it strike anyone the has read the bible that all the disciples had ENGLISH names?

WOW! It must be true though cause we will kill innocent people in other countries in the name of god and democracy. I used to be a machinegunner in the MArines, trained to "kill at will". I am so ashamed that I ever fell for the government b.s. of "defending my country".
No war in history has ever "DEFENDED" this country.
Wake up Amerika. Your time is short.

Used to be concerned citizen...no more. this country is toast and it has been so from a planned obsolescence from a few families.
good luck to all.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
im not quite sure who said this , but our physical forms are simply recievers from something that is bigger and more complex than we can imagine. I believe that an extra dimension, having a structure somewhat to our brains except on a massive and universal scale. When we die consciousness doesn't die it always exists, the basic building block of the universe. I think and hope quantum physics will eventually uncover the truth about afterdeath, and other terrifying but good truths. Im not stating facts this is imply what i think, it has probably and most likely been said before but it is what i believe in. We only physically see 3 % of space and the world around us , dark matter and dark enegery which is for the most unexplainable is what makes up majority of space. There has to be some life force or something that is all around us, that when we die we become apart of, i dont believe that the end is simply the end, makes life and everything we search for pointless.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
there is no proof that conscious is located anywhere else except within our brain...it isnt some mystical energy that flows through space and time...it was just a pretty handy evolutionary trait..one which has many different levels and uses among other species....so where you get the idea that consciousness *never* dies...what good is conscious living for eternity if you are not conscious of who you are and what you have been?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

If you want to not exist, that is a need, a pleasure that your mind is thinking of. But when you don't exist, you will not have any pleasure to even feel happy for it, you will not remember your family, this world, this convo etc.

It would be like deleting everything you have ever loved, or like, or enjoyed, including yourself.

It would be like destroying the whole universe. Because from your perspective, everything you know to be real is from you being alive.

You talking to me now would have no reason.

Still does not make logical sense to my mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Our birth and death could be part of our evolution , for all we know.
In my OPINION i believe that our soul/mind and body are two completly different things , i think this way , our soul is the software and our body is the hardware , but in contrary to that analogy our soul can be detached of our body and continue to exist.

But the biggest question for me is were did we came from , and not were we are going.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Life after death, or no life after death are pretty hard things to prove. It's funny. Everyone wants to go to the heavens, yet noone is willing to die.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Yes Folks there is life after death and We have souls... I don't understand what the big deal is?... You were here before you were in your current body and after your body dies you will still exist. You are eternal & Your body is a vehicle. It is not you. Hopefully something happens to you in this lifetime that makes you understand how this game works.

And you're so sure of this how?

Just personal experience my friend, nothing tangible , no videos , no pics , like I said... some things must be experienced to believe , It's totally understandable... I too was a skeptic once.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We came from an evolutionary ancestor...i guess you mean how did *life* originate...on earth im guessing...Anyway,yes i wouldn,t be around to say *ehhhhh no afterlife,im happy* but thats not what im getting at...why do you think because there is no AFTER life there is no reason for LIFE...i can think of plenty of reason,being the social primates we are...its pretty natural to most to consider others etc BUT in the big big picture forget all us measly humans and our big imaginations.If the milkyway imploded and our whole galaxy wiped out...no it wouldn't matter...just like 75,000 years ago when humans were nearly wiped out by the super duper volcanoe toba...doesnt matter...in the larger sense anyway...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I get the feeling some out of body experiences are abduction encounters to locations outside this solar system.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Fidelios]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
...why do you think because there is no AFTER life there is no reason for LIFE...

Because it would be like life never happened, therefore no reason for life, no purpose for our survival, no purpose for anything.
That's basically it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
...why do you think because there is no AFTER life there is no reason for LIFE...

Because it would be like life never happened, therefore no reason for life, no purpose for our survival, no purpose for anything.
That's basically it.

Emmm i fail to see this.....what are you doing right now,tomorrow? isnt that purpose...who do you share stories with? enlighten with your views...who do you help in time of need? Who do you care for? Purpose is through others,einstein is dead...his life sure meant something to us as a society and species...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

But when we all cease to exist, there would be no purpose to ANY of that. Because it never happened.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Lethil

But when we all cease to exist, there would be no purpose of ANY of that. Because it never happened.

Yes agreed...but we are all still here....so....
But yes if bam, meteor,earth gone our whole culture,wins, defeats,good things and bad things wont mean anything...i find that more enlightening than depressing personally..you have probably seen this...but i like it...lifts my mood

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well in the afterlife don't you forget everything from the life you had before or do you not? It might depend on a level of spirituality like from a universe to another maybe like if you enter the next dimension things may take different forms? So if we were made I wonder what or how exactly Dinosaurs were even made perhaps things just evolve over time.

???

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Hmm yes, it was nice talking to you.

If I had one wish, that would be that you are wrong haha, and that if there is a life after death, that you will experience happiness that humans cannot measure, unlimited eternal happiness, always new things to learn about, carry on living on into unlimited possibilties and lives. Not ever thinking about not wanting to exist ever.

A very hopeful wish I know haha.

You wish to not exist, but I believe that it is still possible that if there is something great after life, that it might just change the way you think, because of course, if you are not human anymore, maybe you will change your mind to experience a new way of life that you might be curious about.

Whatever happens, I still don't know for sure.

Peace.

Good night.

Edit: Oh yeah I watched that video before, but I think I enjoyed it from a different view haha, I liked it because if all that we know can happen on one tiny dot in the universe, then what else is out there to experience? 1 tiny dot called earth, why stop there.

Anyway,
good night.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dobbie

Secondly, you refer to holy scriptures that were tampered with and adulterated approximately 300 to 400 years after Christs death. There was a Pope, a King and a Council that tore apart the original texts to re-write religion as they saw fit.

Just a sidenote. Genesis is not really from the christian bible, it's from the Torah and you can still read it there without the christian mistranslations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join