It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after Death...its not what we think....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

it, but I do know we have a soul that does not need the body.

i too ahve had out of body experiences. however that has been when my body has stil been alive. as has yours. you can only know that you dont require the body to have a soul. if your body is dead. but then you wouldn;t have a body to come back to.

so, no you dont.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is quite a long thread with alot of theories and beliefs. While some people stated their theories as common fact...I offer this:

In 1907 a forward thinking Doctor not only pondered the same thing we are discussing, but built a table with scales (accurate to two-tenths of an ounce) to try and scientifically document any weight changes at the exact time of death, believing that the "soul" did in fact contain mass:"...the soul weighs 22 grams"

Although the results are controversial, this example offers proof opposed to pure belief systems and or pre-conceived notions....food for thought.

And before anyone just blurts out "well...when you die you release all kinds of fluids and other such unpleasantries....." all such natural fluids, excretions ect....stayed contained on the table with the corpse as to accurately measure weight at the time of and after death. Yucky but true.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

Most people do not like the idea of no life after death

In response to your first sentence, most people are sheeple here on earth. I've read enough of the replies to conclude that most people, at least on this site have some sort of clue that there is a spiritual part of you that keeps going when your physical body kicks the bucket.

I know that a part of us keeps going, have fun and make the most out of it while you're here on earth (just don't tick off too many people, payback is a you know what).

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

i totally agree.. but i dont think it is a soul like we are led to believe. i dont know what it is that keeps on after death but i do think we will only have one physical body and after that nobady knows until its their time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
SO WE HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION OF THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH?????
WHAT KIND OF LIFE DO WE THINK OR KNOW IT IS????
ARE WE GODLY SPIRIT ESSENCE OR A LOST SOUL TRYING TO FIND FINALITY????
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO CONSIDER AND WHO KNOWS.... MAYBE WILL BE ZUES LIKE SPIRITS LOL....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
sry all caps in last post... sry again

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The one thing about my experience was there are so many questions I still have. The only thing I can positively say is: Yes, we do have a soul. I do spend more time with my family now and I don't let things get me down. Don't be so obsessed about this subject. Read about it and grow spiritually, but take the time to be with family and friends.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

I agree with this possibility, in fact, it is inevitable provided two theories are true, one is super string(multiple universes) and the other is conciousness being quantum mechanical(roger penrose theory) if that is the case then we are infinite observers of different universes appearing to be the same yet becoming gradually more exotic(to allow our existence) and death is our going from one to another, although we are not really going since at quantum level there is non locality(which allows teletransportation to be areal possibility)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

tjetbone,

I personally believe that there is an after-life prepared for us by God, and that our life here on earth is just a proving ground, a test whether we will be of good conduct and will earn our way back to our homeland, Paradise with God our Creator.

What is the purpose of God for creating us?

051.056 I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.

And what is the reward of doing so?

002.112 Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

002.274 Those who spend their wealth by night and day, by stealth and openly, verily their reward is with their Lord, and their shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

002.277 Lo! those who believe and do good works and establish worship and pay the poor-due, their reward is with their Lord and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

003.136 The reward of such will be forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever - a bountiful reward for workers!

God has fixed a term for every man and when his time comes he cannot delay it one hour or advance it.

003.145 No soul can ever die except by Allah's leave and at a term appointed. Whoso desireth the reward of the world, We bestow on him thereof; and whoso desireth the reward of the Hereafter, We bestow on him thereof. We shall reward the thankful.

003.179 It is not (the purpose) of Allah to leave you in your present state till He shall separate the wicked from the good. And it is not (the purpose of) Allah to let you know the Unseen. But Allah chooseth of His messengers whom He will, (to receive knowledge thereof). So believe in Allah and His messengers. If ye believe and ward off (evil), yours will be a vast reward.

A reminder of God's bounties that He has given mankind... and the truth about death.

He has made for you ears to preserve what is important, eyes to have sight in place of blindness and limbs which consist of many (smaller) parts, whose curves are in proportion with the moulding of their shapes and lengths of their ages, and also bodies that are sustaining themselves and hearts that are busy in search of their food, besides other big bounties, obliging bestowings and fortresses of safety. He has fixed for you ages that are not known to you. He has retained for you remains of the past people for your instruction. Those people enjoyed themselves fully and were completely unhampered. Death overtook them before (satisfaction of) their desires, from which the hands of death separated them. They did not provide for themselves during health of their bodies, and did not take lesson during their youth.

Are these people who are in youth waiting for the backbending old age, and those enjoying fresh health waiting for ailments, and these living persons looking for the hour of death? When the hour of departure would be close and the journey at hand, with pangs of grief and trouble, suffering of sorrows and suffocation of saliva, and the time would arrive for calling relations and friends for help and changing sides on the bed. Could then the near ones stop death, or the mourning women do any good? He would rather be left alone in the graveyard confined to the narrow corner of his grave.

His skin has been pierced all over by reptiles, and his freshness has been destroyed by these tribulations. Storms have removed his traces and calamities have obliterated even his signs. Fresh bodies have turned thin and withered and bones have become rotten. The spirits are burdened with the weight of sins and have become conscious of the unknown things. But now neither the good acts can be added to nor evil acts can be atoned for by repentance. Are you not sons, fathers, brothers and relations of these dead and are not to follow their footsteps and pass by their paths? But hearts are still unmoved, heedless of guidance and moving on wrong lines, as though the addressee is someone else, and as though the correct way is to amass worldly gains.

We are all going to die, and we must prepare for our next place of stay while we are here and our good actions can still count.

People have been created as a proof of God's power, have been brought up with authority, they are made to die through pangs, and placed in graves where they turn into crumbs. Then they would be resurrected one by one, awarded their recompense and would have to account for their actions, each one separately. They had been allowed time to seek deliverance, had been shown the right path and had been allowed to live and seek favours, the darkness of doubts had been removed, and they had been let free in this period of life as a training place in order to make preparation for the race on the Day of Judgment, to search for the objective with thoughtfulness, to get time necessary to secure benefits and provide for the next place of stay.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
..geez....wow....not much else to say...except your wrong....Anyway outer body experiences/NDE='___'+other chemicals trip....quite cool eh?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I agree with you. I don't have my bible with me but it says basicly that "the soul that sins will surely die." Satan uses false religion to fool people into believing that we will all live forever. Either in heaven or hell. But that's not what God says. I could go on but I'll end it here.

Dude! You KNOW What God Says?

Holy Crap!

Could you , uh, tell me... am I going to win the lottery?

God I hope so!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

well put couldnt agree more

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
WHAT KIND OF LIFE DO WE THINK OR KNOW IT IS????
ARE WE GODLY SPIRIT ESSENCE OR A LOST SOUL TRYING TO FIND FINALITY????
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO CONSIDER AND WHO KNOWS.... MAYBE WILL BE ZUES LIKE SPIRITS LOL....

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89

The thing that doesn't make sense is the severity of eternal punishment. All caused from some little sin. It just doesn't add up right. I think in all fairness that it is reasonable to say that we deserve of what we are given from the actions of our past and current lives.

This is exactly what gets me as well. The thought that GOD would create us in his image and call us his sons/daughters and punish us for eternity in hell is just too much for me to believe. On top of that, Apparently those that goes to hell will feel the pain of the heat but as their body gets accustomed to it the pain intensifies and this process goes on for eternity. GOD in my opinion would not do that to his children.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
could our soul be just a form of energy?? or could life be the proving ground spoken of in recent posts... ive read that it is a proving ground but not to see if we will act right lol... but to see if we trully will follow in his footsteps.. ive also read that he wants us to be a part of his "God family" and be a god ourselves... cant quite remember where i read that but is i find it ill post it

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join