It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Sung Tsu... I have to remember that....

That is, if I recover from my bathtub injury...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

are u crazy or suffering from autism,????

every time i say something , you spout your nonsense rhetoric against islam

i am not from from the middle east , rather from south and central asia , the indian sub-continent and a hindu....

and there is no culture , its hindu culture, with various sub-cultures lie punjabi, Rajasthani, maratha,Telgu,Tamil culture , and even muslim culture

I don't really believe you honestly, because I have never met a Hindi in my life who was so out of peace with himself so preaching of hate.

Your from India? What do you have the misfortune to have allot of Islamic neighbors? So your all up in arms about America?

I have news for you, you don't have to agree with the way the soon to be ex president handled this, but, it's not like Iran or Pakistan has any tolerence for Hinduism

If your from India your religion is seriously despised by much of the middle east, I was sitting with several student from Iran and Pakistan respectively ( they didn't know i was jewish lol) and these were kids who were going home again... but also Americanized to the point where they drank and partied etc... and they just went off on Hindus, "they have so many g-ds" "they are so stupid" then they started doing the accent and laughing and acting all "cosmic'

It's not like your culture is respected by the people Bush went to war with...

and your country is also a Democracy

and, very few people in the States and that includes Bush have a problem with India in any way shape or form...

Waht makes us so Evil... Frankly i'd put 10-1 odds that India/Pakistan will launch nukes one day before the US ever does... where does yor rhetoric come from

You sound like Charles Manson talking aboout the US more than a Hindu from India frankly

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

Sung Tsu... I have to remember that....

That is, if I recover from my bathtub injury...

lol, typo, that is pretty funny though...

you obviously have a sense of humor man, whats with all the revolution bro, what's going on, I need to know the particular grip that has you talking meetings in the back room...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The question is this...

Will you be one of the HEARD or the HERDED?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Tapped In]

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Tapped In]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Well my friend that's the bottom line, if you have motivation and intelligence ALL situations are positive for you, you would never have to talk about Overthrow, it's a conversation that maybe would be warrented under Aldolph Hitler when, 10's of Millions of lives were being lost in genuine genocide and genuine attempt to conquer the world by your leader

I wouldn't dream of overthrowing this idiocracy. There are governments because there are billions of people that need to be governed. People that need some pseudo-authority figure to tell them what to do. It's a perfect fit. Who am I to get in the way of this unholy matrimony?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I would love to see a group try, really. The bad thing is that if you lose, you will be viewed in American history as just another terrorist group.

I am truely surprised that various "axis of evil" countries in the world haven't formed together and just taken over, it seems like it would be quite possible to me. Lots of bloodshed, yes, but achievable.

Then again if the NWO conspiracy theorists are correct and the ENTIRE WORLD is against you, that might be a bigger problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well let us see,
1. the first person to be murdered in US after 9-11 was a sikh guy delivering pizza, (though not officially a hindu, still gets classified under the same umbrella). It is the non muslim population in west that gets a raw deal when America gets angry with muslims.

2. Iraq and Bosnia was the most secular and non practicing Muslim majority nations before US interfered there. Turkey is not secular, majority of Turkish population is religious, it is just the old order in power that is fanatically anti-religion over there.

3. And then there is America's pet , ISI of pakistan and the patronage it gets from washington.

Look the list can go on. Bottom line is , American policies have never been to India's advantage.

However your attempt at provoking base feelings on religion is a cunning move. Unfortunately for you, India has seen Islamic rule for close to One thousand years. Unlike zionist jews , Hindus have lived under islamic rulers and understand that for every muslim who makes fun of non-muslim culture, there are nine other muslims who disagree with him. Perhaps your quest will be better served by radicalizing the nine muslims.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The very fact that your allowed to post this sort of populist propaganda is proof that the United States isn't nearly as restricted as your hoping/praying for. In an actual country with restricted freedoms, the government would be showing up at your door after posting this sort of sewage.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Syress was right. You seem to be doing all you can to use your humorless one-liners to denigrate the original poster.

You said many times how you seemed to have "the only good idea". Well, with your little drum circle as being the quintessential "best idea", I'm not wholly surprised that amidst your hot dogs, beers, and far too much entertainment, that you can see far enough past your belly to even respond to 50 posts let alone see them. So am I surprised that you have no further insight? No.

As far as the topic, the OP seems to have clearly defined what he or she deemed as the definition of "overthrow", and the Federal Government can flag any topic they like or any thought they like. For the poster who said that people have been being arrested for "thought crimes" on the internet... don't you THINK that perhaps this is exactly what and why would or could have driven the OP to start such a contraversial title in the first place?

Im curious how many hot dogs you'll be able to force down your throat, how many big screen TV's you'll own, how many beers you'll guzzle, and how long your ass will sit in that easy chair when the fed takes away all your rights because you were too busy lighting fireworks from your bbq flame thats cookin those hot dogs for you, to see it all happening.

You want to joke? Go find a humorous thread somewhere, but the OP and Syress is exactly right, humor is a GREAT thing...just not when there are far other mitigating circumstances surrounding us that make even humor tend to lose its value. Or maybe you just never had a chick compliment you on your humor on a thread before, and you got a little wood, in which case it's perfectly understandable because it sounds to me like you don't get out often anyway.

AB1

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Seem to be a very popular thread. 5 pages added since I last posted around 12 hours ago.

I've read all the responses. Some decent, some just .....

Keep reading about voting. As a group, we just don't get it. It's not Bush or Cheney. It's not even the Governors. It's the entire system. The bureaucracy behind the people we vote on; they NEED to go. They are not voted on in anyway.

Just civil servants doing the actual work of the government leeching off the tax dollars. The bulk of these government workers are in functions never intended by the framers of the Constitution. Show me were the Department of Education or Department of Housing and Urban Development is listed in the Constitution. Even the newest, Homeland Security, could have easily fell under Department of Defense instead of the it's own Department (just more leeching jobs). I can make a case for the EPA but realistically, it could be a function of the Commerce Department. We should have only Departments or Agencies specifically stated in the Constitution for the common good of the population and not the selected few based on current politics.

Each and every function of the Federal Government is duplicated at the State level, it's just an added layer of bureaucracy at a higher level. Think about this for just a moment.

We have to many, made up, agencies that promote self employment while keeping citizens burdened with taxes to pay for perceived needed services at a Federal level. This is the bloated carcass that needs to be done away with. This is the mind set that you need to think out before you shout change.

Tax supported jobs do not add value to the economy. The money is just shifted from one place to another. People will use the local military base as an example of how good their local economy is. Every dollar from that military base came from somewhere else to support all those people.

I really, really enjoyed the comment about what would it take to make you act against the Government. THAT is a great question and one every voter in the USA should consider before going to the polls.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Let's say you succeed in replacing your entire government and all your leaders with "good" people.
How long that will last ? The world is not full of Zen masters, immune to the lure of physical possessions and just waiting to lead a nation

Anyway the governments are the "little people" in today's world multinational corporations and banks rule.

So here is this quote again, I posted it on a few other threads, this is my view of "revolution" :

Because revolution in our culture has always represented an attack on hierarchy, it has always meant upheaval--literally a heaving up from below. But upheaval has no role to play in moving beyond civilization. If the plane is in trouble, you don't shoot the pilot*, you grab a parachute and jump. To overthrow the hierarchy is pointless; we just want to leave it behind.

*or yell and wave signs and write songs about what a bad job the pilot is doing (i said that)

Daniel Quinn - Beyond Civilization

[edit on 5-7-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

You are forgetting that the majority of US voters are morons. This is the country that brought us Nixon TWICE. Bush Jr. TWICE.

Since this is a conspiracy forum, and I am well infected, it must be said that "our leaders" are not elected. They are chosen by TPTB. Here's an interesting example: our sitting president. Here's a man who can't put a sentence together when speaking to the media. He did a good job of not effing up his immediate post-911 speech, but he must have rehearsed that speech for months with the aid of a dialogue coach and hypnotist. "His" policies have taken us to war, killing our youth... solely to continue our pathological dependance on oil. TPTB want it this way, and they have their puppets, GWB included.

So, don't tell me we can vote them away. We ARE enslaved, and the movie "The Matrix" contained the absolute effing truth!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
If the plane is in trouble, you don't shoot the pilot*, you grab a parachute and jump.

That's a good statement. I haven't read this entire thread, but I would think if there are enough people who don't like how things are going, they should make a solid plan to leave the country and go start over somewhere else. There are lots of people leaving the U.S. (especially retirees) who can live much cheaper elsewhere.

I just talked to a girl at the dog park last week who went to visit her fiancee's father in Mexico. They live very well and take care of a family of four for about $200 a month. She loved it and wants to relocate there herself.

Now if the government decides to stop people from leaving the country... then you have a real problem on your hands.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar

Actually, it was the fireworks. As I looked up to the sky, I got all choked up thinking about what the fireworks stand for, and how they now only represent a flicker of hope for America.
[edit on 4-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

every fourth while everyone is "ooohing and aaahing", i will close my eyes and imagine these are similar to the sounds that woman and children would hear in their homes hundreds of years ago....... as they were huddled together wondering if their men would come home and if these horrible sounds would cease and if they would finally gain the freedom they so desperately sought after. to me 4th of july has always been something more of a solemn rememberance of what these men gave to their future generations and to the future generations of others who came to this country weary and tired from the hardships they had endured in other countries (such as my ancestors who escaped the potatoe famine and oppression in ireland).

i will stand on my feet for my rights under the constitution as i am VERY grateful for what we have been given. personally, i have two small children that my duty lies in protecting from the future events that seem about to unravel. i must stand by them.... rest assured, i will give my life for them and for their rights, but to leave them is not an option i have.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We don't really need a "revolution" in the way that most people might think. All we need to do is remove the usurpers, and restore the Constitutional Republic. Bush wasn't lieing when he said that the Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper. Legally speaking, as it stands right now, he's right. Let's change that.

Illegitimate Federal Government and the Rule of Martial Law in the United States

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Bush wasn't lieing when he said that the Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper.
Illegitimate Federal Government and the Rule of Martial Law in the United States

i DO agree w/ this. the meaning and the words are written on my heart and it is what i rest and stand on. i have said this before on here, i have said this in public, and i will continue to loudly and proudly proclaim... i am not under the government but under the us constitution. they can take away my comforts and everything i have known, but THAT they can only take away by taking my life.

i do my best to instill this into my kids (which is where things failed as time went on......... children were taught vagueness and vagueness turned to lies). the constitution and the system (constitutional republic) that we were set up under was golden and should not be taken lightly.

everyone of you who values what you were given and not what you are told to accept should get w/ your children right now before even CONSIDERING the act as suggested in the title and teach your precious little ones the difference btw pure democracy and constitutional republic. plant the correct seeds in their heart so that they are never left to face what we are having to face now.

then, CONSIDER in heart what you are willing to sacrifice to make sure that your children have the chance they should have had in the first place. things like this are not flippant, but very serious..

the men that revolted against oppression were not heroic at the time they revolted. george washington is depicted as standing heroicly in the boat as they crossed the delaware, but rather it took them all night to get their supplies over in freezing temps, huddled down in the boats wondering again why they were doing what they were doing. it wasn't the beautiful idea at the time that is has come to be to us looking back on it.

gaining your freedom is hardly the pretty picture and there will even be times those who choose to go after it will wonder if they should just turn back.

what i am saying is only make these decisions when you have understood what ALL it entails......... bc this time, we don't need ppl that are going to end up giving up or giving in as they have in the more recent past.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd love to join you all (in the whole overthrowing the government thing), but I'm always so busy. You know I have had to get a second job just to keep up with the skyrocketing prices of everything these days. So that takes up most of my time. And whenever I do get any real time to myself, I try to get as many loose ends tied up within my personal life as possible, which requires alot of time spent waiting in traffic.

So unfortunately, my hands are tied on this one. I'd love to help, but I've got my own problems to deal with, and just can't afford to take enough time off of work to go participating in any revolutions. Besides, someone else made this mess, not me. So why should I care? I don't have any children that I need to better the world for, and I don't ever plan on having any. More than half of the people that I find myself dealing with in this country are self absorbed, materialistic, swine anyway, so they deserve to be oppressed as far as I'm concerned.....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
“Revolutions have never lightened the burden of tyranny: they have only shifted it to another shoulder”
George Bernard Shaw

“Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering.”
Tom Stoppard

“A revolution is interesting insofar as it avoids like the plague the plague it promised to heal”
Daniel Berrigan

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just to throw this out....

Three of us were given the same dream/scenario in a single night. We were told that the ship had been taken over and we were to kill all of the hijackers but not damage the ship. One of us did exactly as stated, another killed only the one that held immediate threat to this person, the last sank the ship.

Placing this in context....the ship being the U.S. and the hijackers being the Bush administration....I think that says a lot. Even if the administration were to be taken to court for war crimes, no punishment would ever ensue. Once they had been pardoned by congress for war crimes both past and present only one other way can justice be issued.

IMO, it would take a military take over as there is no way the citizens by themselves could accomplish this. I personally think it needs to happen. Ron Paul already has the basics in reestablishing America to her original core values. Let's face it, most people are good, honest people....our problems mostly stem at the upper echelons of power where politics rule and common sense is frowned upon.

Rich

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

hope you don't mind me adding some of my fave's!

See, I don't personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed.
~ maya angelou

In the end it will not matter to us whether we fought with flails or reeds. It will matter to us greatly on what side we fought.
~ Gilbert Keith Chesterson

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.
~ William O Douglas

But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
~ THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

The first lesson a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
~ Huey P Newton

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join