It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I agree with much of what you said, namely:

You want a revolution? just get up tomorrow and start working at it like an American, start small in your community hold town meetings get people into city council, decide who goes on to be mayor and Governor and senator from where you do still have all your power, within your community.
;

most of it starts right outside your door
;

Th[e] only real problem America has is people needing to wake up to the fact that they need to bust ass abit and take life seriously.

The only problem I see with some of the previous is, our government has repeatedly failed to be a proper government. You can say, all you want to I might add, that we need to go about this in a democratic fashion. It's not working. That is why I have issued this thread, to gain some insight, to get some fresh ideas as to the subject.

This thread is Retarded

Also, I don't see the need for your rudeness. You indirectly made fun of mentally challenged individuals, which isn't a very nice thing to do.

There is no conspiracy only...the big "conspiracy" is

By the way, no one in this thread even made a whisper of conspiracy besides yourself.

throw a tantrum and break the glass because your mommy put milk in instead of juice

In response to your milk in the juice glass comment, there is a big difference getting milk when you don't want it, and getting served a bad government. Maybe a more proper analogy would have been something along the lines of getting spoiled milk when you were expecting sweet, freshly squeezed juice.

Americas is ecomnomically tough right now and our president is a dummy so lets [expletive] riot

Lastly, it seems as though you are breaking the law. Surely, enticing violence is not permitted by the law. I'd watch what you say or you may be hanging out with me at Guantanamo.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
To successfully overthrow a government you would need at least 50% of the country backing you. That 50% would have to be better armed and more proactive than the other 50%. Assuming your own military was backing you, you would need to rely on the rest of the world turning a blind eye to the situation and not getting involved.

Assuming all this happened and you managed to overthrow the government the rest of the world would move in to attempt to mediate your transition back into the democratic world. Most likely the EU would take temporary control of the US.

The long and the short of which is that in the unlikely event that you actually manage to overthrow the government, you'll probably end up being ruled by the British.

Personally I say go for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Anyone thinking a genuine revolution is needed or useful is a lazy punk...too lazy to do anything so talk about a revolution while sitting on the internet night and day and doing nothing...what idiocy

Once again with the rude comments. I really don't see why your harsh comments are necessary. You don't have to be a jerk while trying to make a point. Additionally, your right here with the rest of us talking about the same thing. Back off.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CTPAX

You will be labeled as a Terrorist

Because you are talking to me and the rest of us that joined in, you will too - anyone who becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof. The latter part of the sentence is part of the law regarding overthrow of the government.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Okay... well, rudenes point taken, I'm so used to being bombarded by people who just bitch or worse blatantly attack america that I have tended to just get ugly on the subject.

It just really isn't all that bad, nothing that can't be fixed...

and lol, I was making fun of the thread and more so other threads on ats when I said "lets just riot" I don't think really anyone could confuse that... although they do say Americans can't understand sarcsm lol, however the title of your thread is "over throw the government" shouldn't you be concerned if anyone?

I just got pissed because when I hear people talk about revolutions and overthrow of the government in a system where you vote for Prwesident every 4 years I think instantly wow... what a dumb ass

you say he democratic process isn't working. But it works just fine, most of the people complaining are not involved and voting is not good enough, you need to be in the process of deciding who runs, helping people get on the ballots, creatuing many candidates if you feel it's a dominated 2 party system

this can and could easilly be done at the local level.

People really do just... get lazy, have had it too good for too long

You can't expect anything to change at a presidential election level, you need to build a reputation for independant candidates from the bottom up and in opposing numbers and it would be a welcome thing....

a "rouge" individual running for white house won't change anything, you hold your neighborhood, then the town, then the city, then the state via Governor and Senators etc... then get your guy in the white house.

Politics should be part of our lives, it's not... so of course peple we don't like represent us...

I get pissed when I come to see if there are new ufo sightings or cool tech applications etc... and all I see is, I hate my life, i hate America, I hate...

Frankly I think that allot of people in here are paid to be posting by agend groups or follow the opinions of... and this thread looked like one of those so I bagged it hard

and hey... lol, i'm not PC, Retard is a great word when appropriate... might have misjudged that given your response so...cool. But lol, I nothing is a better word for a stupid person than Retard... it packs the punch wothout being obscene... real Retards should be in bed or coloring not on the forum being insulted by me.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar

Anyone thinking a genuine revolution is needed or useful is a lazy punk...too lazy to do anything so talk about a revolution while sitting on the internet night and day and doing nothing...what idiocy

Once again with the rude comments. I really don't see why your harsh comments are necessary. You don't have to be a jerk while trying to make a point. Additionally, your right here with the rest of us talking about the same thing. Back off.

Bro, I like my life, I can be rude where the words "overthrow the government" come up

Frankly it's not something to seriosly post a topic on... it's treasonous

and no... i'm not part of the discussion i'm bagging the topic... don't group me in lol or try to.

Serious converstaion about causing an action that would have ramifications to Americans on American soil, organized violence, (and don't say violence and overthrow aren't the same thing) honestly in rl i'd probably be more than rude... so would allot of people.

I love my life, times aren't that bad, the war was lame as wars went and it will end soon enough...what reason on Earth is there for a revolution? or Overthrow...lol excuse me...

Rude? What reaction should I have to the idiocy of overhtrowing the Governement and why? I should be polite about that subject? give me a break, do something about your problems, this forum sucks lately because of all this bs...

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I am almost positive that a great many of us believe that our government is, and has been for a while, a government by the illusion of choice. If you agree, we should take it upon ourselves to assemble and do whatever it takes to reclaim our government, and transform it back to what it once was, or at least what it should be, a government by the people, for the people not a government by the rich and powerful, for the rich and powerful. What could we do in order to overthrow our current government? Who could we put in charge? Would we rewrite our constitution, or keep the current? What would be done about all the corrupt politicians? I am talking about changing this country for the better. Do we have what it takes, or will you all just sit back, ignore what I've said, and return to that barn with all the other mindless sheep? Let us become free again. Let us reclaim our place as citizens of the United States of America, the true leaders of America.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

the government has big laws and big guns for this type of "change" you are promoting. there are many threats every year to "change" this government, and they have been thwarted with quiet efficiency. to ask others on this website whether they would advocate for this type of "change" is either naive or deliberate, both of which are suspicious. effective "change" comes about by intelligent people working within the frameworks of the law. example... the release of intel by the military last year concerning Iran's nuclear capabilities; lawful, smart, and effective.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What I am talking about here is not treason. It would be if I was implying that we should use force and violence to go about overthrowing the government. However, I think that force and violence are definitely not the ways in which we should go about this.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Nothing to say here... All is well everywhere... The US is the best place in the world...

ALL HAIL THE BUSH!

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Tapped In]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Americans couldn't overthrow a turkey sandwich if their life depended on it. That goes for the rest of the world too. No wonder the guvs don't care if the people know they are corrupt. The people just bicker between themselves about inane nonsense. I've seen salted slugs with more motivation and intelligence.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sorry "Overthrow" to me as i read it... states implicitly violence. Overthrow is something done with force, even passive force is still Passive agression

There is nothing that serious going on to warrent talking about overthrowing the US government.

People built this country working 2-3 jobs, people served military service in far more dangerous and bloody wars, in fact every war we fought was far more dangerous and bloody.

The long term future of America even in the event of a depression is economically more sound from this Administration then prior, our dependence on foreign oil is way too high and the high price at the pump makes alternatives viable, given the rate prices at the pump have gone up, there is actually a "mission accomplished" here.

America holds all the Shale oil in the world and produces over 1/3 of the crops, oil has been king only because it was cheeper. America will be wealthy again allot sooner...

I don't think we will go to war with Iran I think this is almost a done deal and honestly we took out a dictator and the taliban... everybody screams for Iran but They have caused the majority of the death toll in Iraq via instigation...

and plain and simple, my life isn't great, but I like to work... I know all this about bio diesel because, I took it upon myself to make money from a rough situation...

I go outside and look around and I have every opportunity in the world to better myself, to make as much money as I want, I eat great still, I live well...

what's the overhtrow for lol...

It just strikes me that it won't be as easy as us as it was for our parents there was such wealth for a time after ww2, that people are lazy... 2.00 at the pump and an extra .50 per food item is no cause for this kind of anger, it means you have to up your income by 2.50 cents an hr somehow

I watch immigrants come here and make it big every day, they aren't complaining, look what your garndparents did, the wars they fought, the railroads that weren't there their parents built, the citys that rose from nothing...

and tell me that a recession and a minor bs war is a reason for this much self hatred in America

I'm saying I just got divorced a year ago I had nothing and last night, I was out drinking 17.00 a shot imported scotch, eating good European Brie cheese and wearing a nice italian shirt and Prada shoes... (I didn't even know Prada made men's shoes) and my life is splendid again in one years effort...

when I hear all these people whine it makes me sick, use your head, don't rely on the govt for anything... if there are tough drug laws, be careful lol... and mostly they leave you the F alone... you have internet,public libraries, you can learn and do anything you want... no one is banging on your door right now are they?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

I am a little disappointed. On this website, I thought there would be an extensive amount of people willing to, at least, grace us with some input. I guess everyone would rather complain than to take some initiative.

They are here... but they also know that the wolves are lurking...

If it is going to be done at all it will happen the same way as last time...

In the back room of a pub or meeting hall. In person...

They could even be called, "The New Sons of Liberty"... who knows, they may even exist right now...

These things take time... This is only the beginning of the revolt against tyranny.

Change will happen... The right people haven't met each other yet...

Maybe...

lol did Sung Tsu slip and hit his head in the bathtub?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I am almost positive that a great many of us believe that our government is, and has been for a while, a government by the illusion of choice. If you agree, we should take it upon ourselves to assemble and do whatever it takes to reclaim our government, and transform it back to what it once was, or at least what it should be, a government by the people, for the people not a government by the rich and powerful, for the rich and powerful. What could we do in order to overthrow our current government? Who could we put in charge? Would we rewrite our constitution, or keep the current? What would be done about all the corrupt politicians? I am talking about changing this country for the better. Do we have what it takes, or will you all just sit back, ignore what I've said, and return to that barn with all the other mindless sheep? Let us become free again. Let us reclaim our place as citizens of the United States of America, the true leaders of America.

do not worry , we , your brothers of the eastern world support you against the genocidal imperialist American govt

Viva la Revolution !!! down with Imperialism !!! stop Genocide of USA in Iraq and world

long live the revolution!!! down with American imperialism!!!!
try BUsh for war crimes against humanity

[edit on 5-7-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Izer
Americans couldn't overthrow a turkey sandwich if their life depended on it. That goes for the rest of the world too. No wonder the guvs don't care if the people know they are corrupt. The people just bicker between themselves about inane nonsense. I've seen salted slugs with more motivation and intelligence.

Well my friend that's the bottom line, if you have motivation and intelligence ALL situations are positive for you, you would never have to talk about Overthrow, it's a conversation that maybe would be warrented under Aldolph Hitler when, 10's of Millions of lives were being lost in genuine genocide and genuine attempt to conquer the world by your leader

But lol talking overthrow because gas prices are high, we have a war with 1/4 the casualties of nom and the drugs laws are dumb... is ridiculous

A smart man, can live in the USSR a system that said you can never be better than the next guy and yet still some people figured out how to prosper or leave and get the life they wanted.

I'm sorry but, a country in which a person can fix their economic woes by work 4-5 extra hrs a day and every luxury on Earth is still avaialable, that has ample food and water and free education in the form of an Internet and Libraries is just not an awful place.

LOL start a forum! You know how many pages of ads are being generated by these dumb arguments, 8.25 for a domain name 5.00 a month for initial hosting ... you all obviously have internet access already...

I enjoy my life everyday, governemnt can't be doing that bad, I did not live like a saint and never really got into any real trouble... I could be doing better right now, but i'm still living very well, often better than well...

What did I do read and work to achieve that? Give me a break lol, overthrow...

friggin election is in 6 months, calm down

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The first thing you need to do is to identify the Goverment, and I mean the real one. Bush, Cheney and co are just paid parasites doing the bidding of a higher cause. Yes they are guilty from everything to illegal wars and mass murder but removing them does not remove the source. Its a rotten tree so its no good just loping off a few branches and wishing things will change.

Basically America is owned and run by two groups, rich European families that started the country and the Zionists parasites that feed of them. Below that you have a multitude of paid servants big and small. So you have two problems, one can be easily dealt with the other can not. It would be relatively easy to round up the money families and the Zionists and stick them in jail till they rot.

But how do you recondition people not to accept bribes because thats the problem, power and money corrupt. So you start off with a clean sheet and how long will it be before your back to square one with a small group of people owning all the money and power. The problem needs far more than just a revolution, it requires going to the next level, to remove societies from the material trap that we have been stuck in for centuries.

It can be done but it wont be easy but then life itself is not easy its not supposed to be. Its not about killing or revenge its about education and enlightenment, that if you give a man eveything there is no need for anything else. Whilst we have a system of haves and have nots there will be continous strife and war. Thats why those who have the power keep it that way. They know that if we could really see what their up to all would change and for the better.

But if you really care then do something about it, we all should, its not hard to do and you dont have to make any sacrifices. Its just about oppening your mind and to stop being spoon fed the lies and deciet. Remember minds are like parachutes they only work when fully open.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

do not worry , we , your brothers of the eastern world support you against the genocidal imperialist American govt

Viva la Revolution !!! down with Imperialism !!! stop Genocide of USA in Iraq and world

long live the revolution!!! down with American imperialism!!!!
try BUsh for war crimes against humanity

LOL of the middle eastern world, people in China have better things to do than sit at home plotting revolutions and beating their wives

People in China have Jobs buddy, don't be so fast to associate yourself with them, they don't allow Islam in their country at all... good luck dealing with the real East when it gets pissed of at the fanatical shinanigans, they won't hold back

I love the East lol, I make sushi and Anime and I study Kung Fu and also took Karate but found the Chinese forms superior, I like Taoism I like Buddhism and I take alot from Hindi culture.

and Islam, well I think it stinks...

LOL support these guys, you come over on your raft (biggest ship in the Iraian Navy lol) and when i'm done taking a baseball bat to the 17 Americans dumb enough to revolt against our country i'll put them on it and one of our Carrier Battle Groups can escort you back home, you can keep them lol

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Your plea for responses has prompted me to reply. On this 4th of July week-end, I am reminded that " a patriot is someone who will defend his/her nation against its government".
I think the American people (some but not a majority) are waking up to the situation that we do not have a genuine two-party system. It is one
party who now openly use the golden rule - "Thems with the gold - rule".
The very idea that we have endured the longest presidential campaign/diversion (began February 2007) should be just one indication of the slippery slope we are truly on. I have wondered if our public servants (I won't use the word "leaders" and wish to note the word "servants") even understand that they are to do our will when they are surrounded by big moneyed lobbyists.
I laugh at this democracy dribble that we are told. There are many democratic countries in the world. Furthermore, we were set up as a Republic and sadly, they do fizzle out after about 200 years. (USA is 232 years old 2008). The next step for this scenario is either Totalitarianism or Fascism. I fear we have slipped into the latter.
There are many things Americans can do and really the best and quickest is to resolve and hold true to boycotts. If the American people could unite and say that they would only drive on even/odd days or cut back 30% on their driving, I think it could have an impact.
I've observed that all of us Americans have gotten complacent and more and more people simply struggle to exist day-to-day. Let someone else do it is becoming the norm. We have been "at war" for 5-1/2 years - ask your fellow Americans what sacrifices they have suffered in this wartime?
I also know that the American people have been programmed to do as they wish in these previously boom times. How they will react when the bust cycle is in full throttle remains to be seen. I do not, however, support any violent actions. They are always put down.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
The first thing you need to do is to identify the Goverment, and I mean the real one. Bush, Cheney and co are just paid parasites doing the bidding of a higher cause. Yes they are guilty from everything to illegal wars and mass murder but removing them does not remove the source. Its a rotten tree so its no good just loping off a few branches and wishing things will change.

Basically America is owned and run by two groups, rich European families that started the country and the Zionists parasites that feed of them. Below that you have a multitude of paid servants big and small. So you have two problems, one can be easily dealt with the other can not. It would be relatively easy to round up the money families and the Zionists and stick them in jail till they rot.

But how do you recondition people not to accept bribes because thats the problem, power and money corrupt. So you start off with a clean sheet and how long will it be before your back to square one with a small group of people owning all the money and power. The problem needs far more than just a revolution, it requires going to the next level, to remove societies from the material trap that we have been stuck in for centuries.

It can be done but it wont be easy but then life itself is not easy its not supposed to be. Its not about killing or revenge its about education and enlightenment, that if you give a man eveything there is no need for anything else. Whilst we have a system of haves and have nots there will be continous strife and war. Thats why those who have the power keep it that way. They know that if we could really see what their up to all would change and for the better.

But if you really care then do something about it, we all should, its not hard to do and you dont have to make any sacrifices. Its just about oppening your mind and to stop being spoon fed the lies and deciet. Remember minds are like parachutes they only work when fully open.

LOL it's the rich Jews and the rich Europeans... LOL agggghhhh run for cover, good cars and nice clothes and freedom of expression aggggghhh the evils of the Rich people ....

Ugga booga get a Job

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

are u crazy or suffering from autism,????

every time i say something , you spout your nonsense rhetoric against islam

i am not from from the middle east , rather from south and central asia , the indian sub-continent and a hindu....

I love the East lol, I make sushi and Anime and I study Kung Fu and also took Karate but found the Chinese forms superior, I like Taoism I like Buddhism and I take alot from Hindi culture.

and there is no hindi culture , its hindu culture, with various sub-cultures lie punjabi, Rajasthani, maratha,Telgu,Tamil culture , and even muslim culture

by the way Kung Fu is chinese form of martial art...Karate orgin was from India , and used by buddhist monks for self defence and chinese learnt and improved it , thus known as kung fu

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
LOL I love rich Europeans they are fun and they own alot of stuff for me to play in... They make good Cheese too

and jews make good movies...

Seriously, get a culture that knows how to... loosen up a bit...

The rich Europeans lol, sounds like hot woemn and nice cars and beautiful homes and the money to comission jewish artists lol... this is the NWO? Sign me up!

What overthrow lol, the Obama revolution ...tax the rich lol, then everyone is poor yay! reat strategy, way to build a world

Probelm with opposing cultures is they see everything as not possible, see Europeans and Americans and Jews as Rich... but their cultures are cultures of growth and renewal and dimwits try to convince young American and European minds to be guilty...

But really you should go ouit and get a shovel and keep building those desalinization plants and just stop talking about the eveil people lol, have a drink of water your brain will be less swollen and you'd be okay...

if your an American on this side, well, you might want to get out of your moms basement and go meet the rich Europeans and jews, the food is fantastic, there are farms every where in the Western world once you leave the suburbs

pssst... we have so much sometimes we feed each other for free at parties

I mean seriously motivate yourselves G-d won't punish you for being happy... I know this for certain

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join