It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Thanks T,
Anyone who's been to my profile can see that I can be deadly serious or ramble like a schoolgirl.
Different tools for different jobs, that's all.
And never any malice intended.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I am sorry for causing a disruption in the topic and thank you for pointing it out to me.

T

I agree it would be a very serious subject, one that changes nations and history.
But like people in this thread have said before that currently Americas vote rate is at or below 50% (not sure if it is curate).
So with us knowing this how can the people of America change there mind set into a more active and participating one?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Okay since this is a dead thread, pass out the beer.

I'm going here where canjole18 has posted his second installment of life as an permanent-alien-Terran in the Brazilian underground fleeing those evil Regalians who want to control your brain, or whatever the hell that story liine is......

BTW, he seems to be a future alien living in our time. It should be good.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by syress

Mate,
You're so funny.
I'm the one that said that, my only serious post.
What are the odds?
And the exact figure in 2004 was 56.7%

PS. I can't believe I got lectured by an Aussie about beer drinking.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No prob SD, anytime. I'm right there with ya on that idealism.

reply to post by syress

Once again, no problem.... as I see the OP has a legitimate question, and you as well... how do you change a mindset? We are all on the same page right.

That it the very fundamental question, and the nail in the coffin for us here... TBH I'm not sure, really... I wouldn't be here if I had the answer to that. I myself think it starts small, educate our fellow citizens and so forth (our education system is the best that money can buy btw) of our history, and what it means. How many even understand that these days?.. I dunno. Somehow, I think that we as a people have become apathetic to the situation (in the world) as a whole. I'm just as guilty as the next man though, mind you.

I'm all ears (and beers) folks,
We aren't dead yet....
T-

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

T,
I see jedi moderator in your future.
But the simple answer is that there is nothing to be "done".
There can be a peaceful place between idealism and reality.
That place originates from the inside out.
There's nothing new here. Humans have been doing this to each other forever.
It's just wasn't reported.
As I said earlier, all revolutions end in "the king is dead, long live the king"
That's why they're called revolutions and not semi-circles!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I got this idea from an ex FEMA agent (it's already in the works).

We need to elect a TRUE Governor for the Republic States for each of the 48 states, and they elect 2 Senators. That's basically all there is to taking back our GOVERNMENT from the Corporation.

The first Governor was put into place a few years back... the Governor of Colorado. As far as we can tell, all Governors are in place and Senators are now being elected.

This FEMA agent (we'll call him Tim) told me that the Governors were told if they could get the required Governors and Senators that they could hold election and elect a President for the Republic of America. If they did this they were gaurenteed Military support to throw the current impostor President out of the White House.

Seems like a plan to me. Establish a true government body, throw out the Corporation, and reconvene the real Senate and Congress once again.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Off topic:
Well, jedi I am not, though human I am. (got a chuckle out of that though)

How, as the (maybe feeble) people we are... go about a non-voilent reform?
I hope this is the question the op is asking, as I haven't seen him around here in awhile.
(you still with us op?)

Betterment must start from the inside... how do we chose to apply it this day and age?

Maybe... maybe we are really not in control of TBTB and whom is elected, if that is true... then what? What can be done?
If it is a lack of participation on our part (voter turnout) Then, what does that say about the situation at hand? We are all responsible for better or worse.

Op~
If you do follow this, might I make a suggestion to you?
The title of this should be far less dramatic, as it could detract from the logical discussion and point of interest you have raised. Speaking from the heart there.

Regards,
T-

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Happy to see you T!

From what I've seen in the past 30 years, we've been told if we don't like the government we have to organize the vote to change it at the polls. That hasn't worked. Even two years ago when the voted the Democrats in, on the promise of leaving Iraq, we lost.

We've been told to organize as a voice. And even with the worldwide protests against the invading Iraq that didn't work.

Strike? The government just orders us back to work until a peaceful solution is in place, or replaces us with whomever will do the job.

I'm not sure voting for governors who then elect a president is any better solution. If we do that, essentially we turn the government, as it stands, upside down by giving power to the states, not the people.

State governments then would control the federal government and we'd find ourselves facing 50 heads of the Hydra. (This was the original objection to the states holding power back in the time of the Continental Congress and it was, at that time, called the 13 heads of the Hydra, so I feel safe in that respect).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Allow me to repeat a post I made earlier on another thread, but I think it's apt to this topic.

Let me share with you a Greek philosophy about politics. After all Greece invented democracy so they have a little head start on the rest of US. It's a little dirty but I will try to dance around the naughty parts.
It goes something like this:

When you vote you're not choosing between a candidate who is going to sodomize you and a candidate who is not. You are going to sodomized either way, you just vote to decide who you'd rather do it to you.
Hope I toned it down enough.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

You need to see the movie My Cousin Vinny. He uses the same analogy to the kids in jail with more 'f'lamboyant language.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm all for freedom of speech, but schrodingers dog posts in this thread are nothing but nauseous trolling.

My suggestion for the OP is to back Ron Paul as a write-in, backed with a large scale campaign across the USA. A "Freedom Ride" or such. Every town in every state should have folks on their motorbikes, pushies, skateboards, whatever with the message to WRITE-IN RON PAUL in your upcoming election. It won't overthrow your government but it will rock the boat and scare the heebie jeebies out of the PTB. If you are an American and sit back with a hot dog and armchair apathy on 4th July when your country is marching toward full-blown fascism you deserve everything the USA has coming.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite:

the first post you made is the kind of response that I was hoping for in this thread. It's too bad the majority of this thread has been transformed into a playground.

reply to post by MahNameABorat:

This isn't the kind of situation that needs to be put into action by means of violence. vigilance should be used, but not vigilance accompanied by violence. You should take note as to one of the statements made by hinky earlier.

The USA Government has a large military and the Republic will do whatever it takes to save the Republic.

reply to post by SonicInfinity:

Thank you. More relevant discussions should be taking place here.

reply to post by schrodingers dog:

By the way, I think we broke a record as in the fewest posts to break a young man's spirit.

Now then, I wasn't scared off. I had some partying to attend to. Nonetheless, I am back now and ready to talk about this thread until I pass out. That time is coming very shortly.

reply to post by telemetry:

I hope some suspicious eyes are monitoring this thread. I would like to let them know, in the event they (whoever they may be) are watching, that they should find something better to do than look for people making innocent comments on ATS.

reply to post by fooffstarr:

I hope, for my sake, that you are wrong. But, all kinds of things that could be regarded to as "thought crimes" have been said on this website, and I haven't heard of any ATS members being hauled off to a prison camp. Though, in all likelihood, you probably would not hear about something like that if it had happened. If it happens to me, the only things anyone is getting out of me are blood, sweat, and possibly some tears. That aside, I would think that I'd need to something a bit more drastic to be sent to "Gitmo," as Question Fate so eloquently put it. However, I think he believes that I am already toast.

reply to any stupid # that anyone said:

Please stop making this a bad thread, and discuss the topics at hand.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
By the way, to everyone who is here: "stop bitching and start a revolution."

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This thread is Retarded, this is the easiest country in the world to overthrow, all you have to do is actually do something.

Sorry but materialism and comfort for all of us are more important then government...

There is no conspiracy only 1/3 of people bother to vote at all and 3/4 of those put zero effort into the pre election process, i.e you don't have your choice of candidates because politics isn't part of your daily lives (mine either)

So the big "conspiracy" is that our politicians come from two camps headed by very small groups of people who are simply active in politics every day... they don't even have to work hard to control the country.

You want a revolution? just get up tomorrow and start working at it like an American, start small in your community hold town meetings get people into city council, decide who goes on to be mayor and Governor and senator from where you do still have all your power, within your community.

I mean that's where most of it starts right outside your door, off this forum and... good g-d no one votes for city council, they set up posters on the side of the road lol...

change it.

Jeees, I disagree on 99% of the anti Amerian posts but I will throw one in there myself... my fellow citiznes whine and cry allot, don't be a baby... your grandparents worked 2 jobs and Participated every day to make this country what it is...

Th only real problem America has is people needing to wake up to the fact that they need to bust ass abit and take life seriously...

lol Revolution, throw a tantrum and break the glass because your mommy put milk in instead of juice... do you get that? Americas is ecomnomically tough right now and our president is a dummy so lets f'n riot...

Maybe some people will deserve what they get... I'm so sick of this nonsense the shrinks have filled our heads with...leading "satisfying" lives, having "abundance"

lol get an extra jawb and spend an hr a day campaigning instead of on here Pu$$13s

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
we should take it upon ourselves to assemble and do whatever it takes to reclaim our government,

I have asked this in many, many threads and have never gotten a good answer:

What exactly can we do as individuals or a group to make any real changes?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I don't know who you think you are, but this thread seems to be the same core group of people posting back and forth. If these are the kinds of topics ATS values as treasure (as evident by the flag count so far), then count me out.

Respond if you'd like, but I won't be responding back.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I just read on the Find Law website that you can only get into trouble for talking about overthrowing the government if what you are talking about entails force or violence.

Section 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or
teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of
overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or
the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession
thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by
force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any
such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any
such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates,
sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed
matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity,
desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any
government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts
to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society,
group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the
overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or
violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any
such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes
thereof -
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by
the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five
years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in
this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned
not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for
employment by the United States or any department or agency
thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms "organizes" and "organize",
with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include
the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the
regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units
of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

I believe I will state my position more clearly. I do not advocate the violent, or forceful overthrow of the United States government. We should go about overthrowing the government by any means necessary, excluding force as well as violence.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You will be labeled as a Terrorist... sent somewhere... will never hear from you again...

That is what will happen if you try to overthrow this government... It is already too late... sit tight and enjoy the ride!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Pu$$13s

Anyone thinking a genuine revolution is needed or useful is a lazy punk that never has had their ass handed to them, you'd cry like little sissies when you first saw your own blood...

too lazy to do anything so talk about a revolution while sitting on the internet night and day and doing nothing...

what idiocy

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join