It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The country couldn't handle Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I loved the ideas of Ron Paul and everything he stood for, grass roots, back to gold and silver, the elimination of unneeded overhead in government. The withdrawl of troops back to homeland soil. But even though I would have voted for him the country could not handle Ron Pauls ideaology.

Why do I saw such an horrendous thing? The reason I believe this is Peak oil, without oil in constant supply would lead to severe and disastrous consequences for the county. The biggest example is the Island of Manhattan, a population of 1.6 million people, with absolutely no farm land. Imagine if there were no oil to power the tractors and farm equipment, no oil and gas to transport all of the food from farm land to the cities and then on across to Manhattan.

en.wikipedia.org...

Another major issue is the U.S. Superpower over the entire world. We have to remain the king of the hill or else someone else will. What if this someone else was Iran with the politics of the gang of bloods and a crips or Hitler or Saddam. We must maintain superpower status until the end. Imagine if our technology wasn't greater than Iraq's, what if they could have taken out our military as easily as we took out theirs with Shock and Awe. We have to use up all of this oil until it's all gone just to prevent others from becoming king of the hill cause that could be soo much worse for everyone.

If we say lets conserve energy in America, then someone else will use it in our place and possibly become a real threat. I saw use it until there is NO MORE LEFT!!!

I got to thinking that hey, I should cut back on my fuel usage and give up some of the things that I enjoy like going out to eat all the time, but then I came to my senses why? To wait until later when I will have NO OPTION to do these things that I love cause the gas is $7.00 a gallon and food is well more than I can afford? Lets use it while we can and before someone else does!

And what of new scientific advances that could alleviate Peak oil. We need more time to prepare with Solar Wind, Hydrogen and every other kind of power to remain king of the hill in the future.

Unfortunately, we need someone in government who will lie to us about bringing the troops home when what we really need is to secure as much oil as possible!! IF WE DON'T USE THE OIL TO STAY KING OF THE HILL THEN SOMEONE ELSE WILL!!! IF WE DON'T USE IT SOMEONE ELSE WILL!!

Opinions please!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Id drive a nuclear powered car,once a year change the fuel rods.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brickhouse32

" The country couldn't handle Ron Paul "

wrong

" Peak oil "

is a lie [ you're two for two ]

" IF WE DON'T USE THE OIL TO STAY KING OF THE HILL THEN SOMEONE ELSE "

another misrepresentation [ three for three now ]

opinions?

you can't tell fact from fiction....your cure in in your own hand, clik the off button on the remote.

stop watching teevee, it has poisoned your thinking.

start reading books, find independent news services to ease some truth back into your life

perhaps;

americanfreepress.net...

or

proliberty.com...

or

www.newswithviews.com...

come back in two years for a follow up.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by toasted]

[edit on 4-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I wanted to add a final statement about the constitution. It was drafted in a time before oil dependency was in place. The idea of not securing more oil with our military is insane in an oil Dependant culture. Could you imagine how many Americans would die if we didn't have oil to artificially support the increased population? It would be a tragedy beyond all tragedies. Americans dieing at the hands of other Americans for food and other essentials necessary for life. It would be a kill of the hill lawless free for all, the size of which mankind can only hope to never see.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Another major issue is the U.S. Superpower over the entire world. We have to remain the king of the hill or else someone else will. What if this someone else was Iran with the politics of the gang of bloods and a crips or Hitler or Saddam. We must maintain superpower status until the end. Imagine if our technology wasn't greater than Iraq's, what if they could have taken out our military as easily as we took out theirs with Shock and Awe. We have to use up all of this oil until it's all gone just to prevent others from becoming king of the hill cause that could be soo much worse for everyone.

I'm speechless!!

I posted this on another thread earlier - Dimensional Detective's thread:

It is a copy of a snippet of Ron Paul's statement:

Being an unchallenged sole superpower was never accepted by us with a sense of humility and respect. Our arrogance and aggressiveness have been used to promote a world empire backed by the most powerful army of history. This type of globalist intervention creates problems for all citizens of the world and fails to contribute to the well-being of the world’s populations. Just think how our personal liberties have been trashed here at home in the last decade.

Listen to the words of reason - not the totalitarianism you are preached. It's no longer cool to be the biggest and badest - has no one told you that??

I wish you luck.

Breifne.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

i will admit to not understanding these issues of oil. do we not have oil in this country? why are we sitting on it and going after other ppl's oil? we have oil on our land in east texas and before they could drill, the contracters were pulled out. i never have understood why we are determined to fight for oil on other lands. isn't that stealing?

and the fact that we ARE a super power doesn't mean that we were MEANT to be a superpower. in fact, we were meant to be a safe haven for those running from "super power".

i personally would rather us be the humble country that led the world by example rather than force. in fact, that is what the founding fathers had intended. too many power hungry ppl these days.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

The United States is still producing it's own oil but we peaked back in the 1950s or 1970's even though demand keeps on growing. I would think we are trying to preserve SOME reserves in the United States and not drilling the country completely dry. We need some in reserve for military and other types of unforeseen emergencies. You could look at taking another countries oil as stealing but who said it was theirs anyway? Just cause they live on that continent? However, I feel the same way about the National Debt. Lets just go to war with the bankers we owe the money to and wipe out our "supposed debt" that way.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So other than the 3 or 4 posts above I guess everyone else is either neutral on the subject or agree with it.

new topics

top topics

join