It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would EVERYTHING Change if we Started Thinking Positively??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If we dont dwell on Planet X, will it simply miss us with minimal chaos?

If we stop thinking about the NWO, will it simply fail and go away?

If we dont anticipate 2012 a being the end, will we continue to live?

I am calling for people all over the world to collectively and decidedly deny

any of these things. (testing) Could we have good lives if we started thinking differently?

PLEASE PLEASE, to borrow from Lennons song, is asking to GIVE PEACE A CHANCE that far fetched and hard to do?

Peace starts in the mind, and i am going to try it out. But i need lots of people backing this up.

Could it be we are getting exactly what we are summoning??

Give it a thought and get back to me.

OK?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would like to believe that if we all thought more positively, that we would act more positively.
Would it change the world?
No.
For everything must have balance.
You cannot have positive without negative, light without dark, peace without war.
It is a wonderful thought on this 4th of July though.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

A lot of people believe exactly what you talk about here DG. That we bring on what we give power to. There's much more to the human being than what we see with our eyes, I believe. We have power that we deny and neglect.

Many years ago, my husband and I were in an adult self-help type of class, you know - the kind that is sort of a weekend retreat with "lessons"? At one point, we were asked to do an evening exercise that involved drawing our "long term vision". In other words, we had paints, crayons, pens and paper, and we were told to go into as much detail as possible and "create" our future.

At the time, we both worked for Corporate America and were renting a house in a large northwestern city, making enough money to do OK, but not really saving much and with no chance of "escape". But, we used our imaginations (we worked separately) and drew what we really would LOVE to see in our future.

It was amazing afterward to see how close our visions were to each others'. They were both out in the country with animals and gardens. Lots of trees and cobalt blue skies...

But how could we live in the country when we were tied to the city through our jobs?

Well, in an amazingly short time, through a series of strange events, my husband was offered a job that would allow him to work from home and therefore live anywhere in the US that we wanted. It was a big gamble, and I remember lying in bed at night while he was trying to decide whether or not to give up the security of his job - talking about it. But we took the leap of faith and he accepted the job, we moved to the southwest, (that we both love) and through another strange series of events, we landed a home in the country. That was 6 years ago.

The freeway is an hour away from us. We just put our well on solar power, Our gardens are flourishing (the salads are especially delicious) and if last year's crop is any indication, the butternut squash will be delicious, too... And the 4 dogs and 2 cats are all very happy and healthy. My husband is a wonderful gardener.

The exact picture I drew of he and I, in our sun hats, walking out to the garden with the dogs following us, happens nearly every day.

Did we "make" this happen? I believe so. I think we attracted it by our knowledge that it would happen.

Sorry to ramble, but it still freaks me out a little...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"Thinking positively" entails a great number of things. But I do think that if this terminology implies selfless thinking, acceptance of others, and a deep desire to follow the golden rule, then my answer is a resounding yes.

We live in a culture where immediate gratification is expected, tolerance of anything other than our own clique is rare, and we all wander, in a daze, entertaining our most selfish and unconcerned desires and distractions. All of these things take away from our ability to interact positively with others.

Just think what it would do for our society if we could teach everyone to simply practice empathy as a rule of thumb instead of creating a world full of paranoid people who live by the "dog eat dog" mantra.

Yes, OP, as a person who wants very much to believe that there is a future for my children, and for theirs, I have to say that I do agree that positive thinking would and can make a difference!

Thank you for posting!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Would you care to lead by example, and stop the negative Bush-bashing?

I didn't want to stop there, because it would have been a one line post, so I re-read your post and realized that what you are trying to say is "Ignorance is Bliss"

From the 1st three lines of your post:

"don't dwell"
"stop thinking"
"don't anticipate"

Maybe you could elaborate on how this actually would be positive?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Ignorance is NOT bliss. That' not my real message here, but lets touch on Bush for a moment.
As in the past tense soon-to be?
(hopefully)
We are and have all been going thru scary times, and my suggestion for us to be positive from now on, doesnt include the deeds George has comitted. Whats done is done. His criminal activities are ongoing until the time he is gone. I cant excuse that part.

What i can do, however, is not dwell on gloom and doom, as one person from now on. What i can do is envision a better world, instead of sitting here making doom-type threads. I can develop from now on a better outlook on a future which morbid looking outcome doesnt have to be, and can also go the other way and bring some light at the end of the tunnel.

I am willing to try to the best of my abilities to do this, and i will. i am not saying i will succeed, its tough to break a pattern that has been mine for many years, but i can at least try.

I seriously do beleive we are bringing on bad luck (all of us) with our thoughts.

Everything most people fear HAS been materializing for sure.

I want to dematerialize it.

BH, thats an awesome story!!! Thanks and 'm happy for you!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Hypocrite, You never miss an opportunity to bash anyone you perceive as a Liberal.

pot, kettle

[edit on 4-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yep, think positive, have good expectations, help and encourage others whenever possible and always remember, no matter how bad it may seem, it could always be worse.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Hypocrite, You never miss an opportunity to bash anyone you perceive as a Liberal.

pot, kettle

I would never try to lead a movement of new age "positive thinking". I would never fall into that trap. So how can I be a hypocrite if I am not claiming to take part? All I am doing is pointing out someone who wants others to start thinking positively, if she is willing to do the same? How is that hypocracy?

pot, kettle? how about dumb, dumber? Or what about Oh, I'm sorry for not being able to draw a proper comparison? You can choose whichever one is appropriate.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Where have we gone, where are we now!?

-----

DG, Very good thread and I get what you're trying to accomplish. I would ask though, while I believe in the infinite possibilities of us all (even you RR
), do we have enough people that would be willing to do so in order to curtail the obviously focused energies of the other side?

They know what they're doing, they know where they are aiming. We on the other hand without a collective consciousness are sometimes seeming to take shots in the dark.

You know I fully support your idea, its just a question I have been wondering about as of late.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good thread.... So true. As of this year I have been living a more positive life and boy is it a huge step. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful one can feel when they step away from their ego. Good stuff. Unfortunately, so many people haven't realized that positivity can be an over powering exceptional thing that can help us in many many ways.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
gUYS,

Well that's the problem here. One positive thinker aint going to accomplish a darned thing.
There are many out there already, and it doesnt make a dent in any accomplishment.
But wouldnt it be nice if the majority at least thought good things were around the corner?

I guess maybe i have a pipe dream that collectively we can turn things around. I know it wont work (there i go again) because most people do not see a light at the end of the tunnel, and i honestly cannot say i blame tham.

But still....I think this would resolve many future problems......

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Every time you smile at a stranger, the world changes for the better.

Every time you cut someone off in traffic, the world changes for the worst.

Every time you open the door for someone else the world changes for the better.

Every time you stiff someone a tip that they worked for the world changes for the worst.

HOW have YOU CHANGED the WORLD today?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If we dont dwell on Planet X, will it simply miss us with minimal chaos?

If we stop thinking about the NWO, will it simply fail and go away?

If we dont anticipate 2012 a being the end, will we continue to live?

I am calling for people all over the world to collectively and decidedly deny

any of these things. (testing) Could we have good lives if we started thinking differently?

PLEASE PLEASE, to borrow from Lennons song, is asking to GIVE PEACE A CHANCE that far fetched and hard to do?

Peace starts in the mind, and i am going to try it out. But i need lots of people backing this up.

Could it be we are getting exactly what we are summoning??

Give it a thought and get back to me.

OK?
Thanks

Thank You, wow...

Yeah it would get better, quantum physics proves how we affect reality on a sub atomic level... yes, your 100% correct.

I visit but I get sickened by allot on this site, how people take jobs to sit on forums and create negative feelings astounds me.

Very nice, keep your head in the right place it's all how you choose to look at things.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have Always treated people with kindness.

I dont cheat anyone

I stopped a 96 yr old man from a certain death...

I get your point, but in all honesty, these are well meaning actions. Good as they are, i dont beleive they will change the course of the world.
"Thoughts" about our future have to change.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You really need some positive thinking in your life, actually you are the one that can not get politics and bush out of yours.

Relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
gUYS,

Well that's the problem here. One positive thinker aint going to accomplish a darned thing.
There are many out there already, and it doesnt make a dent in any accomplishment.
But wouldnt it be nice if the majority at least thought good things were around the corner?

I guess maybe i have a pipe dream that collectively we can turn things around. I know it wont work (there i go again) because most people do not see a light at the end of the tunnel, and i honestly cannot say i blame tham.

But still....I think this would resolve many future problems......

You know, don't say that... I would love to practice working with people in the art of change via thought... over these next four years to 2012 build up a seriously large group of people who wish to "think positive together"

there is that computer program out there they use to register world events and it works, we could chart our behavior and see if we have an impact.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes Gg positive thinking bring more awareness and creativity, that is dangerous of any system of government or the world as is always somebody that wants to keep control of others.

If everybody take control of their lives in masses then government systems and religion will become obsolete.

The power of positive thinking and self healing is counter productive to capitalism, totalitarian governments, dictatorships and feudal monarchies.
all these are supported by our own system of government,

[edit on 5-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
here look...

random event generator

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

There are times in the line of times, the whole "change" way door was Aug18 1999 for the 2012 events you all are about to face.

The only "world" you can change is yourown. Start there!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join