It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would EVERYTHING Change if we Started Thinking Positively??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
gUYS,

Well that's the problem here. One positive thinker aint going to accomplish a darned thing.
There are many out there already, and it doesnt make a dent in any accomplishment.
But wouldnt it be nice if the majority at least thought good things were around the corner?

It would be nice (in a collective conscious kind of way), but if you're not specific enough all that positive energy will not manifest. It's one thing to generate all that positieve thought-energy but if there is not a clear goal to be accomplished other than "world peace" it cannot manifest. Instead it'll be just wasted, spread out and losing it's power.

For example, the 2012 prophecies: it's like a really hot summer day in a big city like New York and on every corner there's kids playing with water for some cooling on a hot day. Sure the kids are having fun and they stay cool but the water is basically wasted. It should have been used for drinking or growing food or even cleaning but instead the kids are having fun with it.

Sure we need fun too! But in this comparison the kids are those people who are trying to evolve spiritually, comparing playing with the water to all the 2012 workshops, websites, books and whatever - they don't really amount to anything but people are having fun in anticipation of 2012, having some vague sense they are doing something spiritual, thus they are evolving spiritually. At the end of the day, the water has dissipated. When 2012 comes, nothing will happen and those people who believed something grand, positive and peaceful would happen, will lose a lot of their faith, might even turn the opposite and generate a lot of negative thoughts after 2012. That's because there isn't something solid being said about 2012, there isn't anything us people can do about it "it will just happen".

Point being, to create positive energy is one thing but without a clear, thought out and well-described goal present for the energy to manifest, it will be wasted. That is why the world nowadays is how it is; people with "darker" agenda's usually have a clear goal (money, power), don't sit around waiting for a miracle to happen but use their energy in a very thought out manner.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm a pessimist therefore I'm never disappointed.
Najstow

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And so, the thread will die and we will undoubtedly go back to pessimism and doom.

I will try in my own way to curb my mind, meditate, and do the best I can, as one person, to make it better for myself and maybe the others that have expressed interest will too.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

And so, the thread will die and we will undoubtedly go back to pessimism and doom.

No this thread will not die. The bringers of Love and Light have been notified and they are gathering as we speak. A new dawn is breaking.
folks are tired of all the gloom and doom. Anyway I know I am!!

[edit on 6-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I will try in my own way to curb my mind, meditate, and do the best I can, as one person, to make it better for myself and maybe the others that have expressed interest will too.

Don't be discouraged. I wasn't even going to visit ATS and I felt an urge to do so and saw 2 topics I thought very important and that I was supposed to write something. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer around here, but I think it is so important that we do our own personal meditating on the positive, the good, the beautiful, and the true.

I also think we need group meditations where people all over the world meditate or send their intention at the same time for the good of the world, the peace and safety of humanity, for good government, for all these sorts of positive things.

I've made a friend here on ATS who is big into drumming and drum circles for world peace. I think it is a really important idea,and I'd take my little bodhran and join right in if I could.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
you bet it would.I am acristian but i do believe in the secret and the laws of attraction!
but i wish we could get thew hole world on the same page but we know thats not gonna happen. i dopnt think even if aliens came and we could defeat them if we all stood together we would..to me thats sad, coexist please everyone

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer around here, but I think it is so important that we do our own personal meditating on the positive, the good, the beautiful, and the true.
Sounds pretty sharp to me. Focusing on changing others is not the way. We have to start with ourselves and that light is what the others will see and want for themselves. It is a domino effect. If people are laughing in a cafe, you look over at them and either smile because they are having fun, or you get irritated and want to leave because you can't concentrate on your own sadness. (emphasis on choice here)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If we dont dwell on Planet X, will it simply miss us with minimal chaos?

If we stop thinking about the NWO, will it simply fail and go away?

If we dont anticipate 2012 a being the end, will we continue to live?

I am calling for people all over the world to collectively and decidedly deny

any of these things. (testing) Could we have good lives if we started thinking differently?

PLEASE PLEASE, to borrow from Lennons song, is asking to GIVE PEACE A CHANCE that far fetched and hard to do?

Peace starts in the mind, and i am going to try it out. But i need lots of people backing this up.

Could it be we are getting exactly what we are summoning??

Give it a thought and get back to me.

OK?
Thanks

Didnt this idea die with the "age of aquarius"?
I eman seriously when has praying ever done anyone any good?
because thats essentially what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Age of Aquarius It seems, that whether or not the Age of Aquarius has ended is up for debate. And, can you prove prayer isn't helpful?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Age of Aquarius It seems, that whether or not the Age of Aquarius has ended is up for debate. And, can you prove prayer isn't helpful?

Dont have to.
I can just point out noone can prove it has any effect on anything. In fact in one of the few studies to scientifically adress the power of prayer, it was found that people who others praying for them actually recovered slower from injuries and disease than those who didnt, or at elast werent aware of it. Apparently, when the devout find out that others are praying for them, they tend to put less effort and energy into thier recovery, assuming "god is with them"

People have been praying for peace for thousands of years. hows that worked out so far?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Prayer effect on water Emoto's work says otherwise.

It's an effect that would seem to defy reason — yet Targ reports striking results. In a 1998 study, after selecting practicing healers from a number of traditions — Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Indian shamans — she supplied them with the first names, blood counts and photographs of 20 patients with advanced AIDS. For an hour a day, over a ten-week period, the healers concentrated their thoughts on the pictures of these patients, but not on those of a control group of 20 other AIDS patients.

source There is much more if you would do a little research.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It's an effect that would seem to defy reason — yet Targ reports striking results. In a 1998 study, after selecting practicing healers from a number of traditions — Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Indian shamans — she supplied them with the first names, blood counts and photographs of 20 patients with advanced AIDS. For an hour a day, over a ten-week period, the healers concentrated their thoughts on the pictures of these patients, but not on those of a control group of 20 other AIDS patients.

Maybe prayer does work.Afterall I was praying your own research would be sloppy enough that you would actually try to use Targ's research as a datapoint. And you did.
The entire article is long, but luckily for you I have provided a direct link to the Pertinent bits.
Now on the flip side, here are two studies that were done properly, without violating accepted standards of research.
Study one news report

Study report 2

As I said, prayer deosnt work, and can in fact be harmful.
Oh and BTW you do realise that despite every major "psychic healer" who prayed for Dr Targ, (most of whom were the same ones used in her biogus studies) she still died an excruciatingly painful death from a brain tumor that prayers had absolutley no effect on?

With complementary medicine, the usual assumption is "If it helps, great - it can't hurt." But it can. Consider the Russian psychic Nicolai Levashov. He urged Targ to cease radiation treatment and then convinced Comings that the cancer was no longer killing her; it was the necrotic cancer tissue, Levashov insisted, that was poisoning her body. It had to be cut out or she would die. Comings wasted the last month of his wife's life on a wild goose chase, desperately calling every brain surgeon in the country, begging them to perform this surgery. In her final week, he made an appeal to the tumor board at Stanford. He gave them her MRIs and medical charts. The board met on Thursday; they made a decision but didn't call until the next morning.

"We're sorry," he was told. "We've looked carefully at it. We disagree with what you've been told. The tumor growth is killing her. We can't do the surgery."

"You're too late anyway," he returned. "She died last night."

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes I think everything would change. America was founded by a group of men who had an idea. The momentum of this idea of "freedom" carried on by courageous men and women has transformed a few colonies of wooden forts into a world superpower. America is an idea, a way of thinking, a mindset. The idea of "America" is that "united we stand," meaning that together, with a can-do attitude and will-not-fail approach to our obstacles, we can achieve enormous goals. Sadly, some people have lost sight of this.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Yes I think everything would change. America was founded by a group of men who had an idea. The momentum of this idea of "freedom" carried on by courageous men and women has transformed a few colonies of wooden forts into a world superpower. America is an idea, a way of thinking, a mindset. The idea of "America" is that "united we stand," meaning that together, with a can-do attitude and will-not-fail approach to our obstacles, we can achieve enormous goals. Sadly, some people have lost sight of this.

Sigh.
The founding fathers didnt simply "think good thought" they took concrete action to make those thoughts a reality. Had they simply sat at home, thinking positive, we would be british subjects to this day.

Thinking doesnt change the world, acting does.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Maybe prayer does work.Afterall I was praying your own research would be sloppy enough that you would actually try to use Targ's research as a datapoint. And you did.
The entire article is long, but luckily for you I have provided a direct link to the Pertinent bits.
Now on the flip side, here are two studies that were done properly, without violating accepted standards of research.
Study one news report

Study report 2

As I said, prayer deosnt work, and can in fact be harmful.
Oh and BTW you do realise that despite every major "psychic healer" who prayed for Dr Targ, (most of whom were the same ones used in her biogus studies) she still died an excruciatingly painful death from a brain tumor that prayers had absolutley no effect on?

With complementary medicine, the usual assumption is "If it helps, great - it can't hurt." But it can. Consider the Russian psychic Nicolai Levashov. He urged Targ to cease radiation treatment and then convinced Comings that the cancer was no longer killing her; it was the necrotic cancer tissue, Levashov insisted, that was poisoning her body. It had to be cut out or she would die. Comings wasted the last month of his wife's life on a wild goose chase, desperately calling every brain surgeon in the country, begging them to perform this surgery. In her final week, he made an appeal to the tumor board at Stanford. He gave them her MRIs and medical charts. The board met on Thursday; they made a decision but didn't call until the next morning.

"We're sorry," he was told. "We've looked carefully at it. We disagree with what you've been told. The tumor growth is killing her. We can't do the surgery."

"You're too late anyway," he returned. "She died last night."

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]
Yes, I took the first one I found on a search because I don't really care what you believe. I didn't even read the article. I didn't need to, because I am not the one who doesn't believe. You can believe that if you want. That is how I, personally, work towards peace. But I am surprised you didn't discredit Emoto's work as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yes, I took the first one I found on a search because I don't really care what you believe. I didn't even read the article. I didn't need to, because I am not the one who doesn't believe. You can believe that if you want. That is how I, personally, work towards peace. But I am surprised you didn't discredit Emoto's work as well.

Its not about beleif. See thats the great thing about science. You dont have to believe, hell you can actively disbeleive, and it still works. Gravity deosnt care if you believe in it, nor does electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force, or evidence.
See thats how we know its science and how we know its real, it works no matter who you are or what you beleive.

Now you have the right to beleive anything you want. You dont however, have the right to your own facts. You may beleive that what you are doing is "working for peace" and you have every right to beleive that if you choose. But that doesnt mean its true. You may think that "thinking positive" is working for peace, but objectve evidence, careful scientific inquiry, and objecive reailty say you're only deluding yourself.
Again, thats your right, you can lie to yourself as much as you want. Just dont try to pass it off as fact.

As to "emoto's work" I figured it discredited itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Sigh.
The founding fathers didnt simply "think good thought" they took concrete action to make those thoughts a reality. Had they simply sat at home, thinking positive, we would be british subjects to this day.

Thinking doesn't change the world, acting does.

I didn't mean to imply that thought alone changes anything. What I meant is that a group with a positive mind-set will cause the action needed to attain seemingly impossible goals.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I didn't mean to imply that thought alone changes anything. What I meant is that a group with a positive mind-set will cause the action needed to attain seemingly impossible goals.

They may. And thatsmy point. Many, especially the OP aren't. They believe you can change the world just by thinking. However keep in mind many with ratehr pessismistic attitudes have also accomplished great things, just look at the Spartans.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Everything would change. The problem is the world is already too divided to realise this. & of course to try to get everyone on the same page they'll be staging the threat from another lifeform in a few short years. Or so I think.

The media, and government, feed off the publics fears. They feed off of them after they were the ones who created the ideas in the first place! The people who play out the parts of "terrorists" are mere pawns that have fallen victim to actually believing that that is who they need to be.

Humanity needs to wake up & stop accepting the "real world", before it actually is too late! Positive thinking & basic common knowledge should be the powers that prevail. However, somewhere in the course of history this was denied. The general public became the people who let things happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thank you, friends!! Look, its great to check out conspiracies, disect them, look for the truth, etc., but when it comes to gloom and doom, every minute of every day, i have to say it is really getting to me!

Something told me, what if we can turn things around, even just bit, by being a bit more positive???What if we are manifesting what we expect?
I have read a few articles which suggest precisely this.

I love ATS and its people and i know we all want to stay here! There isnt a choice for me.

But i can try to separate the real heavy duty conspiracies from the others and try (its hard) to envision a much better ending to the world chaos we are faced with.

True, this isnt going to change the world all at once, but if it changes somebodys day on this thread even for one day, its all worth it.

Thanks to all of you!!! I really had no idea this thread would get a welcome reception, but it has, and that means a lot to me, and tells me i'm not alone in beleiving our good thoughts can and will make a difference!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join