It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does having children make you happy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have seen more and more of this type of propaganda. I cant figure out if it fits in with the NWO depopulation program or the tree huggers who want humanity to willing make the race extinct so nature can get back to its original state.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Because of my son,I now know what true love is.
I now understand what people mean by "love hurts"
Hearing the words "i love you daddy" said out of the blue.

For me it has been a complete joy.
I acknowledge for some its a challange and sadly in some extreme circumstances as a case here in Australia Two eighteen month old kids are starved to death!!! and found by their younger sister after complaining about a smell still in their cots after three days etc very gut wrenching story.

But in line with the OP To be honest my life is richer. for me personally a sence of fulfilment my relations with my wife is better than ever we are on another level so to speak our only regret is we cant have more children but feel very blessd with the wonderfull six year old we have.

Dont worry these kids will grow to be fantastic people looking around my son's school these young people are very awere of whats going on very bright kids, its a good reality check to sit in on a classroom and do reading duties.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Emmm just as well i dont do spelling with them,,we would be in real trouble then!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

ohhhh yeees !
It's like me, my daughter is my life's treasure ! I have wait to have a child (33 years old) and NO REGRETS. Because it's Christmas for me every morning when I see her ! we must have many patience to educate a child but it's wonderful ! However, i have my life and i think about me (sorry for my english ). My daughter is the most important thing for me . If I don't have my daughter my life will be empty !

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by YAHWEH333

it's horrible

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Sounds like their happy ending was surviving their mother.

To the OP, my three girls are the best part of my life, by far. To women who might be identifying with Rhain, if you think your kids are hell maybe you should consider giving them to somebody to raise in a loving environment.

Thanks for your reply jamie83.

Just because I had difficulties dealing with raising children by myself does not mean my boys had to deal with me.
They will be the first to defend me. I never let my kids know the issues I had with me. I never showed any resentment toward my kids.

My oldest is 24 and currently in Vegas on vacation with his girlfriend. I was in a fortunate time when he turned 18 to buy him his first car. He choose a '94 camaro, sweet car too. He still has it and cherishes it. He is putting himself through college in Accounting.

My next two are 16 and 15, great kids. Love gaming, music and computers. They both has 2 computers. I just upgraded both of them with quods. They were challenging, very busy, loud and most times unruly. Their teachers called me quite regularly, complaining.

I agree my choice in men sucked, and I have been single now for 15 years. No I will not venture in dating again. I paid for my men mistakes.

My challenges at single motherhood were just that "mine". Ya it was hell, but on me not them.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was just checking this thread when I was interrupted. By the kids.

The young ones have gotten into the coat closet and found the box of knit winter gloves. They are making a puppet show with the gloves. The toddler cannot talk yet, and so is making puppy noises, growling and barking and making the glove talk. The older are pretending to be a mom & dad, and talking to the puppy.

Hearing their squeals of glee is magnificent. When someone's giggle box gets "tumped over," and all the giggles burst out, it sounds like champaigne being poured into a glass . . . .

That makes me happy. Maybe not permanently, but it sure does today.

Edit to add: I wonder if having a happly childhood affects whether a person enjoys raising their own children when they grow up.

What do you think?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I can understand if the couple is ready and willing to deal with the responsibility of having kids, then by all means. But please do the long term planning, know that divorce, separation, job less, natural disaster and death do strike all the time. Make plans on how to deal with these things, don't even dare to dream that your perfect marriage is going to last forever. If you plan for all those things, and you still want to have kids, then by all means.

Would my parents have been happier without me? I don't know. I think they would more than likely ended up the same way. I know i'm not going to have children any time soon if at all. Life isn't quite stable enough right now for me to even consider that. Thankfully i'm in a relationship with someone who feels the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have two kids, one boy one girl, and I love them to bits! Sure I miss out on girlie nights out, expensive holidays and designer clothes. But my kids replace all of this 10 times over.

I think if you don't have children, then you are happy with your life, if you do have kids you can be just as happy.

For me my kids show me unconditional love, and that's exactly what I feel too. When my 3 and 7 year old say "I love you mummy!" My heart swells. It brings tears to my eyes. When my kids are naughty and yell at me I still love them just as much!

I was a single child that never wanted kids of my own! But wow I'm pleased I did!

Would I turn back the clocks so I could out more often? Would I rather have expensive holidays and designer clothes?... No way!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

These days when I hear that someone is expecting a baby I think to myself, "Why would they go and ruin their lives?'

My feelings exactly.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i never thought i'd have kids. now i share my life with an amazing 2 year old, and her mother. the experience thus far has been one of the most evolving processes i have ever known. i fear i am quoting frasier here (i did at least bin my TV years ago, in my defence), but my experience, perhaps especially true for fathers more than mothers, is that you fall in love with your children. and it's as close to unconditional love as this human has experienced.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am the father of a wonderful little 3 year old girl and I can say without regret...It is the single greatest thing I have ever done in my life.I can't imagine life without her.I am happier because I have unconditional love from her and from me to her. Every day I look into her eyes I think there is still hope for humanity.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You're not having a "kid". you're not having a "baby".
you're having a 40 year old man or woman that on the average spends about I'd say 15% of it's living time on earth being a so called "bundle of joy".
This infatuation.. hormonally conjured obsession people have with the idea in their mind of having children is blinder-vision image of a "baby".. is for but a small % of the time this "being" you are going to bring into our reality.

People always talk about" oh do you want kids" oh yeah we'll have a baby shower.. and get the nursery prepared.. as if these ideas and images of infant-oriented objects and events are the end all be all of the euphoric infatuation's incarnation.

you're bringing someone into the world who will be a 20 yr old, who will be a 40 yr old who will be a decrepit senile 90 yr old rotting in a nursing home lonely and wasting.

I think the "idea of having a kid" is an instinctually selfish phenomenon, in order to further solidify your existence in this reality, and bring YOU joy by staring temporarily (for 1-2 years) into the larvaeic version of you and your mate's genes merged into one squirming reactionary mass of cells.

At it's essence, it's merely ENTERTAINMENT.

ENTERTAINMENT at the expense of someone who didn't ASK to be born.

I see this in extreme cases, as millions of lonely, overweight, lazy, uneducated, and thusly poverty stricken single women, actually going out of their way to get pregnant by transient men, JUST to have a real-life version of one of the dolls they had as a child. JUST to bring some companionship, joy, to their OWN lives.. ie: ENTERTAINMENT.
These people are maaaaany.. and the more of them they are, the less reason in the general consensus in their local environment there is to NOT do so.

I say ...SCREW your personal hormonally driven urge to "rut" SCREW your subconscious instinctual mating habits, unconscious of the impact to the greater populous, and SCREW your loneliness and thirst for companionship you slake on "thunking out" another squealing being into the world temporarily veiled in the innocence of infancy. (thunk... thunk thunkthunk)
Which en masse... adds to the biggest problem of the world... overpopulation...

Which the elite intellectuals now have to mop up after your "rutting" and perform secretive shadowy insidious genocide through vaccines, food pollution, and murderous medical practice.

You think that if you all halted your mindless rutting ages ago, they'd have to do all this?
I think the reasoning that goes into their execution of their plans would be vastly lessened if the problem wasn't created in teh first place by people obsessed with this "temporary entertainment" and euphoric mesmerization of the unknowingly temporary glee from multiplying.

but no... "hey there's thimerisol in the vaccines!! hey there's GMO in my food! hey there's fluoride in my water!!!" "you're trying to kill us and dumb down our neurological processes!!!
" but let me have my mini-me baby-shaped toy for a year!!!"
(or as long as it stays in that "charming form" before it grows out of that into something that begins to selfishly annoy you and causes you to mildly abuse it through your own neurosises.

My parents had me once they were in a position to economically provide, without risk of poverty.
Then they ADOPTED.
Something I greatly respect them for.
They took 2 beautiful girls out of the ghettos of a third world country, and gave them beautiful lives.
They are now thriving as developed, and educated young women.

It's not the end of the world if I don't convulse a few times and "mitosisize" some offspring.
I understand that it's not "having kids" that this phenomenon is.
I understand it's bringing into society, an ENTIRE LIFETIME of another.
And in these rapidly increasing HARSH economic times, world-wide, I think it's incredibly ignorant to do so.
I do know, deep inside that if I am not completely secure financially, there is no way in hell i am bringing another person under my sole care.

You CAN use your brain, you CAN decide whether your evolutionary instincts will SERVE you or work AGAINST you at a certain time.

If you just "gotta rut" and "gotta spawn" .. then could you please go do it in Antarctica? Greenland maybe?

Try cabbage patch kids.. they're very life like.
when you get the urge.. just play with the cabbage patch kid.. until the urge passes, then move on and think of different ways to appease your desire to bring joy to your own life and hopefully the world.

-

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Wow,I have never heard someone that is so completely unhappy.Perhaps you may not feel having a child is a wonderful thing and your post sure shows how you feel about it which is your opinion for what it is...it seems rather sad to me.Myself;I waited until I was 39 years old to have a single child to which I am economically capable of providing for her.I do agree there are way too many people in this world that are having 3,4,5, and even 6 children simply to bleed off the government programs, which ends up taking money out of our pockets.There are people in third world nations that live in poverty that are having just as many children if not more and they know full well about birth control and is offered yet they choose not to use it.This is putting an undo strain on the world. I look forward to watching my daughter grow up and I will enjoy every minute of it.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I was just checking this thread when I was interrupted. By the kids.

The young ones have gotten into the coat closet and found the box of knit winter gloves. They are making a puppet show with the gloves. The toddler cannot talk yet, and so is making puppy noises, growling and barking and making the glove talk. The older are pretending to be a mom & dad, and talking to the puppy.

Hearing their squeals of glee is magnificent. When someone's giggle box gets "tumped over," and all the giggles burst out, it sounds like champaigne being poured into a glass . . . .

That makes me happy. Maybe not permanently, but it sure does today.

Edit to add: I wonder if having a happly childhood affects whether a person enjoys raising their own children when they grow up.

What do you think?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

I don't think so,I had a horrible childhood with complete neglect and years and years of physical and emotional abuse.I saw my mother get her nose and collar bone broken on Christmas eve when I was 8 and yet I somehow have found it in me to not follow that path.Sort of breaking the chain if you will. I shower my daughter with affection.I guess I don't ever want her to ever feel the pain I had to endure.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Wow,I have never heard someone that is so completely unhappy.Perhaps you may not feel having a child is a wonderful thing and your post sure shows how you feel about it which is your opinion for what it is...it seems rather sad to me.Myself;I waited until I was 39 years old to have a single child to which I am economically capable of providing for her.I do agree there are way too many people in this world that are having 3,4,5, and even 6 children simply to bleed off the government programs, which ends up taking money out of our pockets.There are people in third world nations that live in poverty that are having just as many children if not more and they know full well about birth control and is offered yet they choose not to use it.This is putting an undo strain on the world. I look forward to watching my daughter grow up and I will enjoy every minute of it.

I guess "happy" or "unhappy" is all from your specific frame of reference.
I think your testimony in your post completely supports the entirety of what I'm communicating in my previous post.

You disagree with people wildly irresponsibly multiplying like rabbits, consumers that negatively impact the economic, environmental, and emotional fabric of our societies,
and you support being responsible with your evolutionary drive to reproduce, by preparing yourself financially and emotionally beforehand, and rationally look forward into the future and plan for this individual's lifetime, not merely spawning for spawning's sake, or for purely for personal enjoyment of a few years of the person's "baby-phase"...

i think bringing people into this world should be considered more from a social perspective (because society is what he/she eventually impacts and becomes the base structure of), and not from only a personal selfish enjoyment perspective.

So as far as I can see, you and I agree.
I may have been a bit forceful in my opinion, but that's how I am.

As far as my own personal happiness is concerned, I think that we would all be less unhappy if there were less unhappy people around us.
If that makes sense at all

p.s. I respect you for taking the time and thought into bringing another into this world.
thank you.

-

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think it would be hard to categorize people with kids as more prone to negative experiences.

Having a kid(from what i've been told) is a life-changing experience, and although you may have to settle down to provide and support the children it has its own set of goals and in turn satisfactions.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
well, that may big one of the biggest problem in america today. everyone is looking for "instant happiness".

i say yes and no. yes, having children made me extremely happy in the beginning. lol i am one of those weirdos that hated being prego, but loved labor and delivery. never had a high quite like that and unless i have more kids, am sure i never will again.

however, raising kids is quite the different matter. my situation is coming from one of a single mom doing it pretty much on her own w/ a small payment of contribution from the father. i get stressed and a lot of times i want to run for the hills screaming! but, i am content for the most part.

i understand what my boys bring to my life despite the constant dirty faces, messy rooms, occasional back talk (hey, not often,
lol), dirt thrown all over the front porch, climbing on the furniture, blah blah blah.

they still bring meaning to my life and give me passion in areas i didn't realize were significant before they came along. i value the lessons i have learned through teaching them and watching them. were i to do it all over again, literally
, i'd have still had them.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I have to say, yep we agree completely on what you are saying.If more people took the time to realize the impact of having far to many children are having then we as a society would be much better off.I see day in and day out children having children;unable to care for them properly and ending up as single parents or neglecting their children all together.So many unable to provide for them financially yet they continue to procreate.I use to think it was due to lack of education about sex, but not so much anymore...it seems that sex is crammed down our throats non stop everywhere you look.Be it magazines,TV,billboards, and the internet. the list could go on and on.If you are surrounded by this on a daily basis it begins to brainwash you into thinking about sex as just another activity with no responsibility.I am hoping
to stem this off with educating my daughter about this starting at a young age.I appreciate your honesty in your post and gave you a star for it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join