It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does having children make you happy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You're not having a "kid". you're not having a "baby".

That's the point most often overlooked.
The "cute little baby" will outgrow his/her Pampers in a matter of months.
Then, you'll have to deal with the mind-boggling responsibility of bringing up a person, and worry about their well-being, for the rest of your life.

Furthermore, ANYONE, any punk, any institution or individual with an agenda, can manipulate you like a marionette by simply threatening the well-being of your children.
(Tolstoy described this wonderfully well in "Anna Karenina"!)

It's a tough one to bear.
And while I have tremendous admiration for dedicated parents, as I said before, I really cannot see why anyone in their right mind would WANT to assume such an emotional and mental burden for life.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've only read most of the first page of this thread and I don't think I can stomach reading anymore; it is too depressing. If we have evolved to a point where we no longer want children then we've reached our limit and extinction is now inevitable. It seems we have gotten too selfish.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
im afraid im one of the i hate children and never want one brigaid.

i just dont have the yearning, i dont see babies and think arrr or coo over them.
ive actually been attacked for it and people call me a freak and things i cant repeat on here.
my own mother hates me for it because shes desperate to have grandchildren and lives for babies.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I could'nt be without my two young daughters. In fact i find it hard to remember ever being without them.

Granted bringing kids up is not always easy, but i would'nt change what we've shared for the world.

CX.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join