It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
If you ever see a UFO moving at its regular "cruising" speed you would notice that no human on the planet could control anything at those speeds, they move too fast for any human brain to maneuver at those speeds, and the aliens make it look easy.

I would suggest that rather than aliens, time traveling humans might also be just as capable of creating a "craft" that could fly like that. Why does it have to be aliens?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Well put Nephra, and just to let you and Soul know, I have had an experience that is beyond belief. It happend to me as a yound boy but at the same time it happend to my dad and my uncle and my cousin. We all saw a bright light , that let out 4 red orbs on either side. The orbs took off over the horizon only to come back cruising along the treetops then back up into the light and then the light took off. It was a very exciting moment and it was witnessed by one of the most down to earth credible persons I would ever believe "my dad". To my knowledge my dad has never told a lie and would scoff at bigfoot and loch ness and aliens but even this left him disturbed. The fact remains we have no clue what it was and there is no proof it was under controll by any intelligence or guided by aliens or an alien craft. I do want to believe that someday aliens will land and all the is sick with our world will in an instant be gone. I want to believe that a much more advanced race is going to show up and help us cure the illness that affect the youngest amoung us. I want to believe but on the flip side I have that same persistant commom sense that my dad had. Give me proof. In my life I have been a cop an Air Traffic Controller and a small business owner so I believe I am as credible as any fighter pilot.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

You know it could be a million and one things but the one thing we know for a fact is -- We have no tangable proof. We can speculate all day long but to go into cloaking and time traveling and plots from the next "Star Trek" movie but I dont believe this helps us build any credible foundations with no believers or believers that are to scared of being ridiculed by association. Alien spacecraft may not be grounded to earth but we sure can be.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I have seen objects in the sky that defy all logic.

That's because Man created UFO to his own image, to his own likeness.

Right. You don't even know what it was I saw.

Here, watch this, eh?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by ken10

OK, most people think we have been being observed since before Christ, so answer me this. Why would they just observe for 3000 years without trying to make contact? Why would they rather scare us with blinking lights in the sky then just land and say "hi". Thats the biggest flaw I see in your wayt of thinking, it makes no sense and I would expect something that far ahead of us to at least have some basic common sense.

They have intimate contact, but the Beast (humankind) must believe they are alone so as to avoid any rebellion.

Terra Papers... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the "UFO HUNTERS" on sci-fi channel debunked this Nasa Video as being alien, it was confirmed it had to do with dust between the camera and what it was video taping, but scientific proof probably dont mean much to you, lol. Just in case though-
www.realufos.net...
Please lets try to keep post in the realm of reality, this supposed proof once again is video, pictures....that could be anything..

[edit on 1-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

not to mention everything we know about god thats on paper was written 400 years AFTER "Jesus" died.... very good point to reply with

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why waste your whole life waiting for proof from others? Get yourself together and you can DO anything you put your mind to.

The key isnt in finding proof you can share with the world. Its much easier to prove it to yourself.
There are many ways to get to this truth.

One of my ways was figuring out what Space/Time was. Yes, many people already have witnessed what it is. No, you dont have to prove it mathematically, if you stop talking to yourself, you will SEE it.

Once you understand space/time , its so obvious that life is all around us.

check out the Miller experiments. They show you that Darwin is a retard. It doesnt take life billions of years to randomly make proteins or whatever. The best evidence in science show randomness does not exist, yet scientists make this ridiculous assumption.

Intent runs the universe. And life pops up all over this universe

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nohup, yeah I asked the same thing about possible future visitors. I'm also beginning to think my post may have been a bit rash. I do think it's a possibility we have been visited be aliens. I am just calling for some type of harder evidence then puppet videos. Don't get me wrong, I've seen UFO videos and they look legit. It's just whether or not the jump should be made if UFOs are alien in origin.

sos, those are some great paintings and for me it is the paintings that are the hardest evidence. At least the evidence that there have been videos of UFOs and the paintings which depict, crafts like the ones seen in these videos. Is it just me or does the Jesus painting look like war of the worlds crafts?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think Alan Alda (Actor from M.a.s.h) summed it up perfectly in the disclosure project, When he said ....."Of the thousands of reports and claims of ufo's it just takes one..... only one to be real" (or similar) So even after discarding all the dodgy evidence and dubious characters i think there's still a good chance Aliens are real.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't think it's quite so simple as believe/don't believe for some of us. I don't "believe" that aliens are visiting the Earth in the sense that I'm certain of it or think it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Nor would I say that it's even 'probably' the case.

The problem is that I can't quite go in the other direction either, and dismiss it as preposterous and laughable. Skeptics always try to fall back on the argument that the law of relativity essentially precludes any interstellar travel, and there are numerous flaws with this argument.

ONE. There could be aliens visiting who are not interstellar. Scientists believe there could be life on several moons within our solar system that appear to be made mostly of water and have icy surfaces. Life on earth started in the oceans. It could be that there is life that has actually evolved in the water underneath those surfaces and is even more advanced than we are. Sure, it's far fetched, but it is possible.

TWO. There could be some other form of intelligent life right here on earth that has a relatively small population but is way more advanced than us and has been able to keep itself hidden. Again, far fetched, but possible.

THREE. Theory of realtivity notwithstanding, who is to say exactly what an intelligent species a million --or even ten million-- years ahead of us has discovered? Look, we've only had history for about 6 thousand years, and we've only had serious science for about six hundred and look at all we've discovered and invented. To think WE somehow know it all is hilariously ignorant. There may very well be loopholes in the theory of relativity that won't be discovered for centuries or maybe even hundreds of centuries. Remember, even a thousand centuries is only 100 thousand years - one tenth of a million years.

And there are other possibilities. For example, if an alien civilization had figured out a way to go, say, 20 percent the speed of light and had perfected suspended animation, it would actually make nearby interstellar travel practical. Sure, it would still take a few decades to reach the Aplha Centauri system, but if it was a matter of going to sleep and seemingly waking the next day in a different star system? Even humans would do that. And what if the species had a natural life span of several centuries to begin with.

Or what if the human race way in the future had discovered some way to go back in time and was studying us?

The fact is, we don't know the answer to these questions for sure. We just don't. Just like we really don't what those anomolies called UFOs really are. They might have a totally terrestrial origin, they could be optical illusions caused by rare atmospheric conditions or they could be clever hoaxes. And some sightings, sure, can be explained by the above

--OR--

They really might be, at least in a few rare cases, aliens from other planets. Again, we just don't know. We have no idea what a species much older than us and quite possibly WAY smarter than us (as in one of their own they considered "retarded" would still be smarter than the smartest human that ever lived) could come up with.

So that's the thing. Unlike some skeptics, I can't rule it out. That doesn't mean I "believe," it just means I don't disbelieve either. There may be people who really "want" to believe, but there are skeptics "want" to disbelieve as well. This is why we get these preposterous "swamp gas" explanations, and frankly I've found many pseudo-skeptics insecure about their intelligence: they want to laugh at people and think those people less intelligent and smart than them, and that's their REAL motivation. They aren't really interested in the truth or any objective analysis. Rather, they are in a big hurry to condescend, to look down upon people as gullible and foolish because they need that to feel okay about themselves, never realizing that what they're doing is just as foolish.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by ClintK]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Soul, I went back to college to get a second degree in archeology but time and money was not on my side, although I did get to take a course in biblical archeaology. The first thing we had to learn is the mindset and the degree of technical information they had at that time, which to say was very little. Anything in the sky that could not be explained, ie, meteors, lighting phenomenon, solar lights, aurora, earth lights, was more than likely seen as a sign from God or even angels. In most of the artwork I have seen they have even painted in little men inside. If you think about this it makes sense, Flying objects controlled by angles. This is not my opinion but this is a scientific study done by biblical archaeologist and I assume if being taught in the University of Phoneix it has some credibility. Once again a painting is much like a photo, an eyewitness account of something they could not understand. If we can understand them to day just imagine what people of that time assumed they were.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why shouldn't I believe in it?

Would I rather believe in something mythical and all about hypocrisy when trying to be "moral" and "sacred?"

I rather believe in something realistic such as life in the universe and how we're not unique.

No, I don't think they are controlling our government(s), I think our government is afraid of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So that's the thing. Unlike some skeptics, I can't rule it out. That doesn't mean I "believe," it just means I don't disbelieve either. There may be people who really "want" to believe, but there are skeptics "want" to disbelieve as well. This is why we get these preposterous "swamp gas" explanations, and frankly I've found many pseudo-skeptics insecure about their intelligence: they want to laugh at people and think those people less intelligent and smart than them, and that's their REAL motivation. They aren't really interested in the truth or any objective analysis. Rather, they are in a big hurry to condescend, to look down upon people as gullible and foolish because they need that to feel okay about themselves, never realizing that what they're doing is just as foolish.

So I'm in the middle. Not a believer, but not willing to dismiss the whole idea either.

I believe no matter how much someone wants to believe there is a point were you can make yourself to look very foolish for packing your bags and waiting for the mothership. Just as you state "frankly I've found many pseudo-skeptics insecure about their intelligence: they want to laugh at people and think those people less intelligent and smart than them, and that's their REAL motivation. They aren't really interested in the truth or any objective analysis. Rather, they are in a big hurry to condescend, to look down upon people as gullible and foolish because they need that to feel okay about themselves, never realizing that what they're doing is just as foolish" the same goes for those who are adherently ignorant in there stance that aliens exist without a doubt and believe anything from alien implantations to alien snot tracks left behind from an abduction. A rational thinker is one who most often stands in the middle of a discussion seeing both points to either side. I see both sides, which puts me in a spot to be able to see that at this point "no aliens" are more credible than them being here and visiting us right now, or time travel, or some race just popping in and out to make sure where _____(?) Like I said I want to believe just show me something I can hold up as proof and Ill be your loudest supporter.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

???????????????????????????????

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The fact that UFOs have been recorded throughout history. Even before humans were smart enough to build structures they painted UFOs on cave walls. It's nothing new like a lot of people seem to think it is. It's a very important part of history.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Funny how 1 persons eyewitness account can send you to prison for the rest of your life. But thousands of eyewitness accounts, photos, and experts should at the very least leave the large possibility that just once it may have been possible that 1 person had an encounter with something from another world.. but we have no evidence in this case. Again, like I said, if your mind is set then rules can bend to whatever argument a person wants to make.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

Like I said I want to believe just show me something I can hold up as proof and Ill be your loudest supporter.

I'm not sure what you mean here "your." Were you referring to me? If so, supporter of what? My whole post was stating that I couldn't really support either side.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

It's amazing for me to listen to people so "IN THE DARK" I mean seriously does anybody have any idea how tiny and insignificant earth is in comparison to what's really out there? Forgive me but it's hard to listen to people even debate that there isn't other life out there nor consider that other lifeforms exist and haven't reached higher levels then we are currently at including visited earth. If I had to guess I would say thousands of ET's have visited earth in one way or another and we are completely left in the dark about it like a bunch of ants!

Now to answer this question:

I would suggest that rather than aliens, time traveling humans might also be just as capable of creating a "craft" that could fly like that. Why does it have to be aliens?

Do you really believe that the so called "Grays" are our future family?
Do we evolve into the little grey beings with large heads, long arms, missing human parts and large black eyes?

Perhaps it's easier to accept that our future selves travelled back in time to visit us in secret than to believe in Aliens. Does it make us feel more comfortable believing these are family beings not aliens is that why we need to believe? Can we sleep better at night now?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Because in 1947 a ufo crashed with occupants inside on a ranch in New Mexico and the government has covered it up from day one.

Did you know that one of the military officials who happened to be present at the crash site that day told reporters the truth? He told them that they had recovered an extra-terrestrial spacecraft with occupants.

But for some strange reason, that same officer was forced to come out and say that he had "made a mistake" and it was only a weather balloon.

That, and I have seen a UFO myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join