It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Earthlings are the only known creatures in the Milky Way who practice religion. That's due to the largely corrupt genetic pool that has ravaged the breeding plan as a result of a freaky accident some 15,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

If you ever see a UFO moving at its regular "cruising" speed you would notice that no human on the planet could control anything at those speeds, they move too fast for any human brain to maneuver at those speeds, and the aliens make it look easy.

As far as here is the proof... how do you think the world would react if a bunch of aliens just came and landed. People would try to kill them or a war would star.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StudioGuy
And on this note, an eyewitness account is accepted in court, but it is vigorously examined and every potential hole in that witness's statements is explored thoroughly. When the person doing that examination finds a hole and destroys the person's previously held belief, they are considered successful for having exposed a lie. In the UFO community, everybody WANTS to believe these accounts and anybody who questions them is labeled a shill or some other unflattering term.

So, I guess in life court, people tend to hang out with others who want to believe what they say and have those people protect them from the ones who don't take what they say at face value? It takes a lot of faith to stand up for somebody else's beliefs.

I can assure you that many a witness has been grilled extensively. Not every one, most assuredly, but many. Some few don't hold water, but the vast majority do.

And I stand up for those of whom I am amongst. I have seen objects in the sky that defy all logic.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I have seen objects in the sky that defy all logic.

That's because Man created UFO to his own image, to his own likeness.

Amen.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If we live long enough,we will become gods. Who knows, some Aliens migh have the capabilites to create anything they want.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just wish there was some type of smoking gun. Like a crashed UFO piece that some how got into the circulation of the public, with certain inexplicable properties. You're right, I could see an advanced race traveling to visit us, it's just I think they would make some type of contact. Not necessarily landing on the white house lawn, especially with our current leader, but maybe a message through SETI or something. Very interesting responses though

On a side note to any admin or moderator I've been getting spam emails from Ksavoy30 which don't make sense and are in broken english calling me a troll for topics I never made.....I don't know sounds like a wacko.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Let's look at some not so modern "evidence".

Look these very old paintings. Why would people include such objects in them? At the very least, this evidence cannot be ignored.

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's hard for me to believe in a book edited and tainted to become one big moral
lesson,and for us to believe that this "certain" religion is the word of God is ridiculous.Who really knows what religion had it right,and who are we to say that Christianity is the true answer?Who said God wanted us all to clamor to one big rally every Sunday to praise him?If the God you speak of IS real,and he created us,don't you think he'd want you to love him on a personal basis?I'm not one to believe in an all knowing,white-bearded dude in the sky pointing the finger at us for sinning in our daily lives,but when i hear "intelligent design",I'd stick more along the lines of an extra terrestrial basis of believing.In an honest opinion,it's just more relevant than based off a religion younger than most. Buddha seemed to know the deal,that fat,bald headed happy man just rolled with it,and honestly that's what we need...Religion is the basis for more wars than Oil,maybe we need to take a breather from it and take a more scientific and common sense filled approach, and realize if we can believe in God,we CAN believe in aliens.All in the same....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Bravo Soulstone!! I too hardly believe that aliens would travel billions of miles just to flash a light in the sky and be gone. It troubles me to think that aliens that have the technology to travel our galaxy would come here to look at us blow each other up like ants.. It would be like us going to the moon to just to look at dust. Yes there may be some sort of possibility that we cannot even fathom at this point, like inter-demionsional travel and occasionally when they are warping here and there they break down for a moment but to be honest If aliens do exist then I believe they probably use their brains just like us and would it be feasable for us just to do fly bys and scare a planet if we were thousands of years more advanced than that planet. I dont think so, I think we would probably stop in and say "hi" and assure them they are in a galactic community and that once upon a time we had been in the same postition they were in but all would be ok!! That to me seems more feasable. I read a statistic once, it said the the odds of aliens existing in the universe was something like 125 percent if you were going with the odds, but the chance of one of the aliens accidentally finding earth was 1 in 10 billion. Its been a couple of years so I cant pinpoint where I read that but it had to do with Hawkins... That to me seems more in line with reality. Now over the course of our earth being billions of years old, maybe a craft has crashed here, that seems far more believeable than vistitation.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You know what I think is funny. If there ever is an artifact or a confirmed sighting or actual evidence of an alien craft, or alien, or vistitation, I believe the people that these forums always seem to be bashing would be the first outlet to get it out to the public. I believe Fox News would have enough integrity to get the truth out no matter how much the goverment threatened them. Look they dont back down from media matters, or Nancy Polosi and her threats nor do they back down from George Soros or Buffett, so I highy doubt they would back down from the goverment. I truly believe if we can ever have any credible authentication it will come from Fox News,,,at least here in the states.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i always think of this,
In the last hundred years we have gone from the Wright bro's first flight to reaching the moon and now have mars in our sights.

Then consider that if large extinctions hadn't have taken place here on earth in our distant past, Then similar animals/beings to us could have evolved to where we are now technologically millions of years ago.....And they would be now traversing the galaxies observing life on other planets, So i really don't find it hard to believe E.Ts are visiting and observing us.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

If you ever see a UFO moving at its regular "cruising" speed you would notice that no human on the planet could control anything at those speeds, they move too fast for any human brain to maneuver at those speeds, and the aliens make it look easy.

As far as here is the proof... how do you think the world would react if a bunch of aliens just came and landed. People would try to kill them or a war would star.

When you see a UFO go from a stationary hover to a hanging streak of light, you will understand that it is not the craft that is moving from point A to point B. There is no inertial displacement inside the vehicle, the craft is bringing its destinations to itself in increments, not travelling the whole way between destinations. It's a weird sight to see something outrun its own light. Completely possible to be accomplished by humans.

Side note: I have trouble dealing with the idea that I saw an alien vehicle long enough for its occupants to see me, let alone like it was sitting there with the intention of me seeing it. It creeps me out.

It is easier to think I saw a fraction of a test flight of an amazing human invention that has nothing to do with me.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Spoodily]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

OK, most people think we have been being observed since before Christ, so answer me this. Why would they just observe for 3000 years without trying to make contact? Why would they rather scare us with blinking lights in the sky then just land and say "hi". Thats the biggest flaw I see in your wayt of thinking, it makes no sense and I would expect something that far ahead of us to at least have some basic common sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Big confusing question. There are UFOs. That's fact.
What they are is a different story.
There are many, many advanced forms of aircraft patrolling the skies.
Man made.
Now, the idea that human beings are alone or don't share reality with non-human intelligence is a relatively new idea. The vast majority of human history is full of interactions with a multitude of sentient non-humans.

So, IMO, all things considered, the logical conclusion is that we are not alone and have had contact with non-human intelligence.

Consensus and perception has a much greater influence on physical reality than the still-dominant Newtonian worldview acknowledges, yet the mathematics bears out the powerful interaction of potential and observer.
Believing is seeing. ANd feeling. And being.

What is Yoda's motivation?
Well, there are people who spend alot of time visiting and playing with animals. Their justification is that this play and the journaling of that play is "research" and "science." But we know it's just play.

So what does the silverback assume Jane's motivation is? Can she tell Coco about the committee and publications? Grant writing? Statistics? Poster presentation and conferences?
NO. She can't.

ET may very well not be ET at all. Maybe ET is ED. Or a native to earth. Or our future selves after realizing that linear time is optional.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I love how its always outlandish and always associated with "those people". Until you mention that several military and pilots report the same things. Along with control tower operators corroborating these accounts. The fact is, whether or not these people have any proof there will ALWAYS be someone there to try to debunk them. Look, you don't believe that beings from another world visit this planet, that's fine. But to say that these people have no evidence because it doesn't go along with your beliefs...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

If they are, i quote persay "People from the future" then they are not ET, Im not quite sure what you were trying to say with the animal bit, I guess your an animal lover. However I tend to put more credibility in the ET theory over the time traveling realative theory and I put very little cred in being vistied at this point. The fact is no matter how many pictures or eye witness acounts its amounts to very little proof. Those who say the proof is insurmountable need to reapply a little perspective to what they define as proof. Dont give me the courts use eyewitness, well of course they do, that because we know as a society that car thiefs, killers, rapist exist. They are real and we have video taped them, interviewed then etc. The courts accpet credible eyewitness accounts. I bet if you went to court and say yes I saw him kill that man, and then an alien ship flew down hovered over the dead body and flashed some lights at me and then I lost 2 hours of time( I think I was abducted). Then your eyewitness account wouldnt hold much water in court. This is an exaggeration but I hope you see my point. At this point in time, IMO, there is not enough proof to say were being studied, or that we have even been visited. We need something tangable and until we start demanding credible proof then forums like this with people posting CGI saucers and blurry airplanes is all were ever going to have or get!!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just to be clear I think BELIEVE may be the wrong word. CONSIDER would be more appropriate for a large majority of us. Even those who have seen UFO's do not all blindly believe anything. I have seen many many things in my lifetime I cannot explain and do not understand. I have spent a good part of my free time researching in an attempt to understand the things I have experienced so that I can find answers to my own questions. I have occasionally fallen very close into believing certain ideas as facts but always stop before I get too deep. The one thing I have found to be true is that nothing is ever certain. There is just no way to know 100% anything for a fact. Almost any source of information could be incorrect on some level that is impossible to detect.
Take for instance an eyewitness who has been abducted. Even if you know for a fact that they are tellling the truth about their experience they can only tell you what they know from their perspective. What they cannot tell you with certainty is whether or not the information they were given was 100% sincere or if their perception of it was incorrect due to an inability to conceive of the real nature of their experience. The most we can do at present time is continue to research and try to organize what we learn from various sources into theories but keep in mind that while these theories are possible.. they may not be correct despite evidence that may support them.

I don't blame the hardcore skeptics for being the way they are. Especially if they have not had any first hand experiences to guage from. What makes some theories easier for some is the fact that we have seen things that defy reason and logic.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

No I wil state once again and it is not my opinion it is fact....They(We) have no evidence!! period. If evidence does exist we do not have it yet in the public forum. Eyewitness accounts by anyone,, even the president is not proof.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have always said that if aliens have the technology to come lightyears to see us, they have the technology to cloak themselves.

My uncle always believed the ones you see are the ones who had a malfunction. That they are visiting us like an amusement park. Something went wrong.

Makes me wonder if we are on the brink of a technological revolution, and people come back in time to witness it.
It is probably a combination of aliens and people. Much like I would go back to see the first Ford roll out.

That would explain the increase in activity, something is about to happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

It could be that there are many advanced civilisations in space travelling the galaxies and there could for all we know be a code of conduct for them not to interfere with us but to just observe/study, Maybe they understand how our society works and that we have leaders and are in contact with them.

Sorry i'm just making assumptions here based on what i think we would do had we the technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join