It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StudioGuy
People believe in God because they have felt His power. Well, that's why a person SHOULD believe in God anyway. If you haven't felt it or experienced it, then why would you believe in it? That power can come in the form of good and bad, that's for sure.

I think the same type of thing can be said for people who believe in ET's and UFO's. There's no proof for or against. There's no PROOF that God exists. A believer in God has faith that is based on something that is beyond their ability to fully understand. Your faith drives you to understand it better.

Doesn't it also take a bit of faith to believe in UFO's?

Sorry but God is just all role play. No one can feel god or see god its all about who plays the best role in the churches.

No one is guaranteed to go to heaven or hell if those places exist.

God is just a safety blanket.

I like how people say they can feel his power and see in his eyes. Which really they are just fooling them selfs and the people around them. heh were all magicians.

I also like how people say god makes the choices in life and how he puts you through tests. No...its the choices you make in every day life and the out comes of what you make deterimine what's going to happen.

God's simply all fake. Fake people. Believing in Fake stuff.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by xweaponx]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
From my own bizarre and questionable experiences; I believe someone is doing something that seems to surpass human knowledge and ability.

Religion and it's alleged ancient writings can also suggest some type of advanced civilizations as well. Our alleged science fiction stories, programs and movies suggest we are being prepared for these possibilites.

My recall of what seems to be repressed memories and run-ins with military, government and local police, then a mystery car sometimes shows up and approaches them.(MIB?...CIA?)

These stories may have then been released in a fictional form to make anyone who spoke of them appear as confused deluded wanna-be's of some UFO cult following and government coverup....... Some speak of these as originally coming from some government program in manipulating the masses. MKULTRA etc.?

Although it did seem real to me, I also now question it's actual sources and have little to no proof either. Pictures and videos on the internet are now assumed to be likely computer generated hoaxes to confuse us all the more. Possibly, to the point of 'giving up' on the topic.

So, confusion and self doubt seems to be their objective and the element of surprise may also be what we aren't seeing could be all around us, rather than the most obvious in the sky overhead? This also reminds of the movie Darkman.

One theory of mine was that it was all some experimental 'child's game' like hide and seek.

I suppose we could also relace the word believe with beware?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Everything you posted is complete BS. There is no proof anywhere around you of aliens currently visiting or visiting us in the past. There is none. Ask anyone to provide it, and they cannot. All they can provide are fake videos and fictional papers written by men with great imaginations, or complete hoaxers like John Lear who claim things and never have any evidence to back themselves up.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by rocksarerocks]

So are you saying that your SISTER is a liar? According to your story on that thread, she has evidence worthy of further investigation. How do you feel about that? Or was it 'made up by a man with great imagination'?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by RiotComing]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

a few weeks ago a thread was started: Poll: Are you a skeptic, believer, or knower?

it was an interesting question - and the one that got me to join ATS

unfortunately it didn't go as far as I would've liked to see it go - because it is a really amazing question

I personally think that the question - and the answers - are as interesting as whether UFOs actually exist or not - but that's getting into philosophy and psychology

so, maybe it's less interesting to most people than coming up with theories, discussing theories or arguing

they do exist/they don't/but they do/no way, they don't...

but to believe is completely different than to know

I started out believing - based on the experiences related to me by people I know and trust - not so much of a faith issue as a belief that it was possible - however you want to define "it"

but then I saw something myself - and it removed all doubt

you could put me in front of a firing squad of skeptics - I crossed a line and can't go back -

believing isn't an option any more - and I know that other people who've actually seen something - regardless of what it is or isn't - understand what I'm saying

I can't tell you if it was alien or man made - so that absolutely has to be debated - it'll continue until there's something to actually know - that we all know at the same time, in the same way - and that we all agree on - that can't possibly be anything other than what it is

until then, my gut tells me what to believe - and that is it - it's just a belief

same as back when I believed UFOs could exist

but my gut instincts are not the same as proof - and so it goes...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Why do people believe in God? The only evidence to suggest he exists is a book. A book that has been constantly edited and re-written over the last 2000 years.

There is far more evidence to suggest ET visitation that a deity, if you care to look for it.

But this argument is futile. If you don't believe in it, then nothing less than a full blown invasion is going to change your mind. Same with me and God, if he comes down tomorrow and gives me a good slap, then I'll happily believe in him.

It's the age old argument really, why does anyone believe in anything?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by Amaterasu

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the "UFO HUNTERS" on sci-fi channel debunked this Nasa Video as being alien, it was confirmed it had to do with dust between the camera and what it was video taping, but scientific proof probably dont mean much to you, lol. Just in case though-
www.realufos.net...
Please lets try to keep post in the realm of reality, this supposed proof once again is video, pictures....that could be anything..

I gave up on that show when I saw a number of (to me) obvious questions that never were approached. Show after show. So maybe the "debunkers" are the spreaders of bunk.

I don't know, but you need some better "debunkers" before I will accept this as a "proof" that dust on a camera can fly behind an image of an object.

[shrug]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Why shouldn't I believe in it?

Would I rather believe in something mythical and all about hypocrisy when trying to be "moral" and "sacred?"

I rather believe in something realistic such as life in the universe and how we're not unique.

No, I don't think they are controlling our government(s), I think our government is afraid of them.

Is afraid of whom...?

Have you read The Terra Papers...?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_CONTACT

You accuse me of not doing any homework! Fair enough, perhaps I haven't done as much as you?

Since you obviously HAVE done your homework, please post one piece of of irrefutable evidence. Just for us simple people it would help a great deal
THANKYOU in advance.

I have encountered many of so called officials who were apparently eye witnesses to such craft and tried to back engineer stuff, some claim even with the help of captured live aliens.

There is one such person visiting/posting on ATS recently.

However the substance and detail these "experts" offer, is poor to non existent.

eg I get a better description from a kindergarden book by Dr Suess of what the "Cat in the Hat" and other characters look and behave like, than these experts can describe the most mind blowing discovery in the history of mankind... aliens from another planet!

If they did find a strange craft, again why not foreign military?

Looking forward to having a sneak look at your "homework"!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Please understand I am not here to disagree or debunk anything. Nor did I mean offence by calling people "loonies"

It does however frustrate me that so many posters and people ain general are gullible enough to swallow unsubstantiated claims.

Please consider this and put yourself into the "role"

You are an ordinary everyday well adjusted person who happens to work for the military. You are not brainwashed but not necessarily a genius either.

As part of your career you were tasked with interacting with secret crashed alien craft and aliens themselves

You decide eventually, that enough is enough , you feel compelled to tell the world. Dedicated to disclosure of Govt secrets.

1.Would you provide openly every detail, every name, every place.? and persist until the facts you were aware of could no longer be ignored?

2. Would you bother to "tell all" if you were aware you had not once piece of solid evidence? Edit:If no evidence would you declare it openly, and highlight exactly where and who can provide such evidence?

3. Would you only talk about it at paid conferences and in your latest book?

4 If you only communicated "telephathically" would you not ask the entity for some knowledge beyond current human knowledge that could easily be verified as coming from higher or more sophisticated intelligence?

5. Would you find at least one person (witness who was will to collaborate and help substantiate your claims?

6. Would you run away as soon as someone challenged you about the validity of your information and duck for cover under some "oh thats a classified secret" excuse?

..... THINK ABOUT IT... i would be interested in your answers!

But as I said in my first post if this site is just about chewin da fat, shootin the breeze and concocting wild fantasies... then I apologise for the interuption to the service with this logical question. Please forgive me!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Has2b]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Oh another thought whilst I am here!

Most wars since WWII are "cold" ie no actual fighting ( sadly not all)

But mankind has developed weapons of such capacity that a full on all "guns blazing" offensive with everything "no holds barred" would anhililate the planet!!! Humans have ebnough nukes to do that thousands of times over.

Most of it is BLUFF and secrets.

What better way to bluff would be to "leak" that a particular government was in league with and communicates with and has exchanged technology from a species of aliens far far more technologically sophisticated than any other group on the planet.

The more that propaganda is fanned and promoted such that it became accepted FACT!... the "colder" and more in the dark the ENEMY becomes!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Has2b

Please understand I am not here to disagree or debunk anything. Nor did I mean offence by calling people "loonies"

It does however frustrate me that so many posters and people ain general are gullible enough to swallow unsubstantiated claims.

frustrations and anxietys are personal problems we all have to deal with;however,unsunstantiated claims are the beginnings of almost every legal proceding,hence the term"alleged"

Please consider this and put yourself into the "role"

You are an ordinary everyday well adjusted person who happens to work for the military. You are not brainwashed but not necessarily a genius either.

As part of your career you were tasked with interacting with secret crashed alien craft and aliens themselves

this classification already puts you out of the ordinary class, for the security clearance would become higher, the info more compartmentalised, and the penalties stated for breaking your oaths much more severe.

You decide eventually, that enough is enough , you feel compelled to tell the world. Dedicated to disclosure of Govt secrets.

1.Would you provide openly every detail, every name, every place.? and persist until the facts you were aware of could no longer be ignored?

several people such as Robert O. Dean, Phil Schneider, Phillip Corso, have,quite often and quite vocally, about their knowledge and experiences

2. Would you bother to "tell all" if you were aware you had not once piece of solid evidence? Edit:If no evidence would you declare it openly, and highlight exactly where and who can provide such evidence?

they attempted to, and i would,also; the fallacy of no evidence other than eye witness accounts of an event are readily acceptable and legal in a court of law, but not in real life. if anyone could walk out in the backyard and display a beamship everyone would still scream it was a home-made mock-up.

3. Would you only talk about it at paid conferences and in your latest book?

4 If you only communicated "telephathically" would you not ask the entity for some knowledge beyond current human knowledge that could easily be verified as coming from higher or more sophisticated intelligence?

5. Would you find at least one person (witness who was will to collaborate and help substantiate your claims?

i have always discussed openly my experiences with all that have shown interest; as for # 4, again how to appease the demand for solid proof? a telepathic shared bit of knowledge would be difficult to substantiate,so therefore this supposition itself is oxy-moronic.

i have several individuals who have shared my experiences and will validate what i state; again, it is just testimony and therefore worthless to you.

6. Would you run away as soon as someone challenged you about the validity of your information and duck for cover under some "oh thats a classified secret" excuse?

considering that any information constituting a breach of classified material is treason i can see where it would give most people second thoughts,unless like Jesse Marcel and Phillip Corso, both gentlemen in their 70's, and not concerned about it anymore.

..... THINK ABOUT IT... i would be interested in your answers!

you seem to miss the point that the larger majority of people such as myself have very little way,other than verification by eye witnesses with me, that my event actually happened, and i actually could care less if anyone believes me or not, i seek only more knowledge for my own satisfaction and uses. to deny ignorance is to actively seek knowledge and answers, not lump everyone together and be judgemental.

seeker

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If you don't believe in it, then nothing less than a full blown invasion is going to change your mind.

Even if the invasion is a man-made hoax to sway the populous and create artificial history? even down to the biologically engineered human-spin-off alien-looking pilots?

Same with me and God, if he comes down tomorrow and gives me a good slap, then I'll happily believe in him.

even if the holographic images from Project Blue Beam in the sky look like what you'd imagine god to look like? and the voice speaks to you as if you'd imagine god to sound like.. and the gigawatt harmonics from HAARP timed in synch with it all elevate your seratonin levels and lull you into a hypnotic euphoric state.. one that will burn into your memory forever as the most profound moment in your life?

still going to believe it's god?

how could you tell the difference?

now THAT'S where the futility REALLY begins....

-

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Please could you provide or post me /us link to a description of your "experiences" .

Truly I am most interested but am such a infrequent visitor I am not acquainted with your posts!

Do you "speak" to these things telepathically? If so, can you ask them questions and stuff or is conversation all one way?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Has2b]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
I am just calling for some type of harder evidence then puppet videos.

This is the second time (I think) in this thread that you are talking about puppet video's. I am under the impression that you are referring to the Alien Interview video.

No offence but where do you get the idea that the alien is a puppet? Because people on the Internet say so? For your information this video was shot around January 1991. All this time has passed and still nobody has been able to debunk this video, and nobody came forward confessing to a hoax. Do you know what it takes to create a puppet like you claim the alien is? Ever read about Yoda the puppet from Star Wars? You need to be a proffesional puppet designer, have lots of money and also know how to operate the puppet once you built it.

The sceptics just come in and shout puppet, puppet, puppet, with explanations like: Well, it moves like a puppet. This just comes across as ignorant to me. I think they do this because they cannot accept the possibility that this could be real, so they make excuses for themselfes. These people would not believe in ET's until they land in their front yard...

Did you watch the high quality version?
Did you watch the documentary about it?
Did you listen to the Coast to Coast interview with the supplier of the video segment?

All I ask is to please do some research before shouting puppet, puppet, puppet like some of the more shallow sceptics on this board. Don't get me wrong, being sceptical is good as long as you are open to new possibilities.

I believe there is lots of evidence regarding ET's, actually it is overwhelming. What we do not have is actual proof. If you want evidence then check out cases like the Belgium triangle incident or the Iran incident. The craft in these incidents where caught on radar doing baffling maneuvers and were witnessed by officials from the army, pilots and thousands of people. I don't buy these being our own secret craft, as these incidents took place 20 to 30 years ago. Futhermore, these "secret" craft were violating Belgian and Iranian airspace and flying in close proximity to the ground for all to see. Would you do this if you had craft that you needed to keep secret? Right...

I think it's naive to claim there is no evidence for the presence of ET's, but that's just my humble opinion.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

There's this one group that goes around cities and does practical jokes by the hundreds....I mean why couldn't there have been a flyer going around town to make up this story or why couldn't the military have just felt like playing around. I know people in the military and they would get a real kick making up a story like this. Convince everyone to play along. I don't choose to just hear a story from overseas and believe it. Sorry maybe that cuts it for you. Not for me.

As far as UFOs are concerned. Video or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

CAn't fault your reasoning. A nice big UFO on display in a public setting would be nice. An ET cadaver? That's be cool, too.

With the animal bit, I was attempting to illustrate the difficulties we as Humans may have in attempting to unravel a "visitor's" motivation. In essence, it may be analogous to a great ape attempting to evaluate the motivations of a primate research scientist.

But it's become clear to me that the organizations with the resources and tools to handle the question of UFO evidence are deliberately concealing something. Every major UFO crash/landing in the US is quickly quarantined by the military. There is a military installation grid in the US that allows for a VERy brief response time in the event of a UFO crash type report. They move FAST. Even in the 50-60's. Really fast.

So. I believe there is ALOT more going on here. It's in all likelihood much creepier and weirder than we can imagine.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

There's this one group that goes around cities and does practical jokes by the hundreds....I mean why couldn't there have been a flyer going around town to make up this story or why couldn't the military have just felt like playing around. I know people in the military and they would get a real kick making up a story like this. Convince everyone to play along. I don't choose to just hear a story from overseas and believe it. Sorry maybe that cuts it for you. Not for me.

As far as UFOs are concerned. Video or it didn't happen.

Yes it could be a possibility that UFO's and aliens are a government disinformation campaign, but I think this is highly unlikely. They have denied and ridiculed the subject for decades, so why would they want to bring more attention to the subject then by spreading disinformation or creating hoaxes/jokes? regarding military jokes: I've heard 911 calls from people who saw UFO's and they were scared to death. So I would frown upon any military that would create jokes that scare the hell out of it's civilians and then deny they did it...

As for just believing stories...Well I don't. There are indeed a whole lot of hoaxes/disinfo and vague stories that go around. But there are a few cases which are just unexplainable, including video/photo or some sort of physical evidence as with the Belgium Triangle UFO. The best part about this case is that the Belgian government fully cooperated with researchers and the media, releasing radar images, photo's, official statements from F16 fighter pilots and police officers.

If you want to read about the case here is a link.

Belgium UFO Triangle

There was a photo taken of the object. It can be viewed here.

Belgium Triangle Photo

The official radar images from the F16's who chased the UFO can be found on youtube. Here is a screenshot which shows the UFO on radar.

Belgium Triangle Radar Image

This is what it did on radar: the object had speed up from an initial velocity of 280 kph to 1,800 kph, while descending from 3,000 meters to 1,700 meters...in one second! This fantastic acceleraton corresponds to 40 Gs. It would cause immediate death to a human on board.

I think it's good that you are sceptical, because there is so much bull# going around. I'm just saying take the available evidence into account. In the end it's up to you if you want to believe or remain sceptical.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is huge difference between believe in God and believe in UFO.

Believe in God means you have to pay 10% of your income apart of those government taxes to churches.
And you don't need to pray to Aliens nor have you praise them.

Believe in UFO doesn't have to pay anything, it is just a believe for fun and precaution.

WHAT PEOPLE believe in Christianity and pay 10% of income is really really a BIG BIG LAUGH.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by cheebay]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm on the run right now. I will see if I can read the story later. But two questions from what I understand of your posts. If it was the Belgium government isn't it possible the US was keeping their own project hidden from them? Also if they are US soldiers, or US/Belgium mix wouldn't it be possible only those with higher up access within the US military, in the chains of command, would know about a covert operation like this?

I will need to read the article but those are just some questions I had on the tip of my tongue.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Has2b

there are several posts i have made on different threads over the last year; when i have time i will provide you with links to them; but i have never stated that what i saw was extra-terrestriel , just un-identifiable and unlike anything i have ever seen before.

i make no claims to have ever seen an alien or to be in contact with any being telepathically, altho i do know people that claim to channel info.

seeker

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join