It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why do you think aliens have visited our planet? Where is the proof? The only proof I ever read about are eye witness accounts....and then crappy video footage of UFOs or an interview with an alien/puppet. That thing in the sky could easily be government made, let alone another type of aerial craft from THIS EARTH. Don't get me wrong I think aliens exist, I think people are seeing UFOs from THIS planet.....I don't see how aliens visiting this earth has come about other than some outlandish stories with no proof to back them up.

I may be wrong these are just my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why do people believe in God? The only evidence to suggest he exists is a book. A book that has been constantly edited and re-written over the last 2000 years.

There is far more evidence to suggest ET visitation that a deity, if you care to look for it.

But this argument is futile. If you don't believe in it, then nothing less than a full blown invasion is going to change your mind. Same with me and God, if he comes down tomorrow and gives me a good slap, then I'll happily believe in him.

It's the age old argument really, why does anyone believe in anything?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
agree!

i would rather have God punish me for REAL!
that would sort out everything.

its the least i would ask for to die happily.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The proof is all around you - if you ask the right questions. Read the Terra Papers (thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) and the Papers themselves available through the link in my sig.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
Why do you think aliens have visited our planet? Where is the proof? The only proof I ever read about are eye witness accounts....

Are you serious?

What planet are you from?

Here on Earth, the jury or the court can send your butt into prison after having listened to what the witnesses said.

You treat the word "proof" as if it were a lost sock or somthin' . . .

Proof is the highest degree of certainty and the word got no business around the UFO issue, which is as much as hypothetical thing as the question why Stonehenge was built, for example. Proof is about a fact and a hypothesis is about a theory. The UFO stuff could become a theoretical issue -- if you were totally wrong, but you're not totally wrong.

BTW, where is the proof that there are no ET's around this planet?
Save your breath; I can tell the difference between a proof and a mere speculation elevated into a theory by the pseudoscientists who scribble for Skeptical Inquirer.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Why do people believe in God? The only evidence to suggest he exists is a book. A book that has been constantly edited and re-written over the last 2000 years.

There is far more evidence to suggest ET visitation that a deity, if you care to look for it.

But this argument is futile. If you don't believe in it, then nothing less than a full blown invasion is going to change your mind. Same with me and God, if he comes down tomorrow and gives me a good slap, then I'll happily believe in him.

It's the age old argument really, why does anyone believe in anything?
so little faith,there is no proof of aliens and no proof of god,except they have been literally heard felt and seen all through out time,maybe not by some(yet) but your time will come my friends....i beleive in both because i have seen and or felt both...good enough,oh wait i dont care,ive seen and felt and heard and thats enough for me

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

That thing in the sky could easily be government made, let alone another type of aerial craft from THIS EARTH.

So, since when exactly did the government (or governments) built saucer, triangular or other 'oddly' shaped craft? Because, there have been sightings of these objects for decades, and even centuries.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Everyone needs something to believe in whether it's God, angels, aliens, or all of the above.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
People believe in God because they have felt His power. Well, that's why a person SHOULD believe in God anyway. If you haven't felt it or experienced it, then why would you believe in it? That power can come in the form of good and bad, that's for sure.

I think the same type of thing can be said for people who believe in ET's and UFO's. There's no proof for or against. There's no PROOF that God exists. A believer in God has faith that is based on something that is beyond their ability to fully understand. Your faith drives you to understand it better.

Doesn't it also take a bit of faith to believe in UFO's?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

If you believe in God you believe in extraterrestrials period period period!

Surely if there is a God than this world is not the only one that was created with life on it.

Also God would be considered extra-terrestrial to our planet would He not?

Vice versa, if you believe in Extraterrestrials most likely there is a God in one form or another out there.

Now God can take on many forms and definitions to people so I would guess that God to us in our particular situation is a highly evolved intelligent being or beings that was once like us but perhaps now is in higher places ka-trillions or even more years ahead of us and was responsible perhaps for this universe and possibly beyond.

There could be another Deity or God or even Gods assigned or responsible for each universe or dimension, I believe overall the Gods are all loving beings and creators of life and are watching over us and all creation showering blessings down from heaven to us so to speak hoping we will make it to where they are someday.

I believe in their position they can see all things and overlook us, hear our thoughts, read our hearts, answer our prayers but have left us with freewill and our own responsibilities in life for our own evolution process, learning experience and good.

I believe that someday we will be in Gods shoes as they were once in our shoes and there is a never-ending latter of Gods, a stairwary to eternal heavens of infinity so to speak.

Eternal progression, Eternal joy and happiness and Eternal families!

Sounds ok to me!
So I hope that's the way it is...

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Alien_Question]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Pray to God doesn't rhyme but pray to Gray does. And that's what's all the frisbee tossing all about.

Ain't it?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nobody should believe in anything.

They should either know, or they should take inspiration in the wonder of possibility.

The only thing to BELIEVE in is possibility.

They're real, though.

So is God.

I will now levitate for a while.

That last part was a joke.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StudioGuy
Doesn't it also take a bit of faith to believe in UFO's?

Only insofar as you do not use hundreds of thousands of eye-witnesses' statements...

How many have said they have seen God...? I mean, SEEN God.

Only a very small fraction of the number who have seen UFOs that do not have any other rational explanation (and that would include me). And that small fraction fall into the statistics of mentally ill.

The number who claim seeing (as well as being taken aboard, abducted, and other such encounters) cannot be relegated to the statistics of the mentally ill.

In court, an eye witness is usually accepted... What of our life court?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, so I'll just ask...

Are you suggesting that because there are so many people who claim to have SEEN UFO's and so few who claim to have SEEN God that UFO's require less faith to believe in?

If that's the case, I'd suggest that you consider that your faith may not actually be in the UFO's themselves as much as your faith is in the people who claim to have had an encounter with them.

A person's faith in God is one of personal experience; it's personal to anyone who is a believer and has felt His power in their own lives. There are literally billions of accounts of this experience throughout history in the Christian faith alone. I think for me the difference here is that I wouldn't suggest that all those accounts make it the truth. All of those accounts should do nothing more than open the door for you to experience it yourself. UFO enthusiasts seem to imply that another person's account is proof enough.

I won't make the leap that God and ET's and UFO's are all interrelated concepts. That's not to say that they're NOT, just that I'm not there yet. I do believe in life outside of what we know. Whether that life is among us in the form of angels and demons or aliens from another dimension, or if they're all the same thing, I guess that's what we're all searching fort.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by StudioGuy]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

In court, an eye witness is usually accepted... What of our life court?

And on this note, an eyewitness account is accepted in court, but it is vigorously examined and every potential hole in that witness's statements is explored thoroughly. When the person doing that examination finds a hole and destroys the person's previously held belief, they are considered successful for having exposed a lie. In the UFO community, everybody WANTS to believe these accounts and anybody who questions them is labeled a shill or some other unflattering term.

So, I guess in life court, people tend to hang out with others who want to believe what they say and have those people protect them from the ones who don't take what they say at face value? It takes a lot of faith to stand up for somebody else's beliefs.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

That thing in the sky could easily be government made, let alone another type of aerial craft from THIS EARTH.

So, since when exactly did the government (or governments) built saucer, triangular or other 'oddly' shaped craft? Because, there have been sightings of these objects for decades, and even centuries.

Good point, but there are a lot of secret crafts being created, Area 51 possibly being a branch of this. As for the centuries thing, I'm unsure about this. I do recall seeing a painting with a craft in it maybe from the reneaissance era. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Also why do the crafts have to be alien in origin if they were seen that long ago? Could it possibly be us from the future. I mean that's a far out explanation but I find aliens possibly visiting us pretty far out in it's own right.

Thanks for bearing with me thus far.....

Oh and for the record I don't believe in God either

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

i don't see why it would be such a stretch to think that alien life forms could possibly be visiting earth. think about it, we as humans, collectively, have a never ending what i call wanderlust. we want to explore and see new things. since IMO we have more or less "conquered" our planet, we eventually are going to start branching out and moving deeper and deeper into space to see what's out there. so my theory, and many other's, is that a alien civilization possible MILLIONS of years older than us could very well already be doing that. all it would take for us to stop in and have a closer look would be some kind of life forms (intelligent or not at this point in life) so i would think the very same thing about an alien species. they are cruising through the neighborhood taking in the sight, when all of a sudden they come up on a little blue planet that has a lot of water, and is prime real estate for life to occure, so they stop in a check it out, and have possibly been doing it since the very beginning of life on this planet.

and yea, there are cave painting of strange things in the sky, and even what appears to be people in some kind of protective "space suit" now can that be verified, no... but depending on how you think, and how you look at things. it's pretty strong evidence that the human race has been in contact, and possibly even coached throughout history.

just think of what we have accomplished in 200-300,000 years. now think of what a alien species could accomplish in MILLIONS

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have seen no particularly good proof of "aliens."

On the other hand, it's difficult to imagine that every single one of the tens of thousands of UFO sightings is either a hoax, hallucination, or a misinterpretation of something mundane. Occam's Razor cuts both ways in this case, since it is simpler to accept that at least some of the sightings are accurate and true, rather than to come up with outlandish scenarios to "explain" each and every sighting away.

That being said, the phenomenon still has no simple explanation, due to a continuing lack of good, repeatable, verifiable proof. Some people like to think it has to do with "aliens," but I personally think these folks just don't have very good imaginations.

Besides, because of the wide range and diversity of UFO sightings and experience, even if one UFO sighting was ultimately proven to be the result of intelligent creatures from other planets, that doesn't explain all the UFO sightings.

UFOs? Sure. Aliens? Not necessarily.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Betty and Barney Hill case is the best one for evidence:
Betty's stained and torn dress
Barney's scratched shoes
Circular spots the size of a quarter on their car that made magnets go crazy (witnessed by over a dozen people including AF investigators)
Radar confirmation by Pease AFB of object where Betty and Barney were abducted.
Under hypnosis the relayed the same stories (different from Betty's dreams and they were made to forget so they couldn't tell each other details)
The raw emotion from the tapes themselves.

This case happened before UFOs and abductions were in vogue.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I guess its your word against the thousands if not millions of others, don't ya think?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join